Start by marking “Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret” as Want to Read:
Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret

Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret

A mystery-adventure in which a boy, a girl, a pet bat, and a mummy embark on a mission to find a kidnapped girl—and reverse an ancient Egyptian curse.

Peter will do just about anything to escape being bullied by his new older brothers. He’s desperate to get to summer camp, where he can learn to build cool things like his robot, Wind-Up.

Across town, Tunie and her pet bat, Pe
Published August 19th 2016 by Knopf BFYR

To ask other readers questions about Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horus and the Curse of Everlasting Regret

Richard Denney
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!

THIS BOOK...
THIS BOOK RIGHT HERE... WAS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
I can't even begin to express how much I loved this book and how epic and beautiful it was. I will say that this gives off Liesl and Po vibes (which you all know is one of my favorite books) and I fell in love with all the characters and amazing story and adventure Hannah was telling. I'm pretty sure this will be on my favorite books of 2017 list for damn sure.

It was like Night at the Museum meets The Mummy and I couldn't have ask
Alex
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work-reviews
I was able to get an advanced readers copy of this book through my work. Peter Tunie, and Horus are three children who couldn’t be more different if they tried. Peter is from a rich family, his mother has recently died and his father married another woman who has twin boys who relentlessly torment him in the worst ways. Tunie’s mother has also died, but she isn’t as lucky at Peter, her father is dying and since this is the great depression there isn’t enough money to afford enough food much less ...more
Liz
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I pre-ordered this book because I came across it on Amazon and it looked like something I might like. And I was right! (I'm a sucker for YA sci fi/fantasy/magic...though this is a middle grade book, so meant for younger readers, but it didn't disappoint.) The characters were well defined and the story was very fun. I love love love the pet bat. And Horus, of course - the child mummy in the museum with a bit of a curse. This will forever be my birthday gift for kids around my niece's age (8 years ...more
Mary Librarian
Spooky historical mystery. Fun characters including a mummy ghost and a bat. Quick read.
Katejay
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this book in 2017 & loved it especially tunie and her pet bat called perch! I love bat's.
Carolyn
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a cute and exciting book! I had a lot of fun reading this and loved the characters so much (I kinda hope this becomes a series!). The story was just the right amount of spooky mystery fun for me without being too ridiculous. This was a super fun read and I'm so glad the middle grade world has had so many awesome books lately!
Camille Caliman
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it. The pacing was good. I love the characters and I really felt for all of them. I loved how it went through all their points of view without it being clunky or weird.

Usually, I would pick a favorite character but I loved them all equally. I love how all the characters worked hard to get their problems resolved. It was heartwarming to see Horus become a better person after death. And I am so glad that he didn't disappear or something, I was so worried about that. Oh, and his cru
Vanessa
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Peter's life is a misery. His twin stepbrothers make it their mission every day to ensure it stays that way. Tunie's father is gravely ill and each day is a struggle just to keep him alive. When they see a reward for information leading to the rescue of a kidnapped girl, they jump at the opportunity. Little did they know that danger lurks in high places and no one can be trusted. But Peter and Tunie have a secret weapon that only they can see – an ancient Egyptian mummy named Horus who witnessed ...more
Ross Wetzel
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very cute fun book. Tells the story of two children in a Great Depression setting from different social stratas. They come together over the shared discovery of a mummy who has been cursed with eternal life and regret for his actions during his childhood. With the help of the mummy the kids learn some leading information in the kidnapping case of a shipping magnates daughter. Each hoping to use the reward to help with their current home situations.

Short and sweet is a good description of this b
This was cute enough but felt a little simplistic. Everything was very convenient and the dialogue just felt too plain. I don't think the curse was really fully explained either. Just never felt fully fleshed out.

Thanks to the publisher for a digital advance reader's copy, provided via Edelweiss.
Great Books
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ages-9-11
When a young girl goes missing, Peter and Tunie decide independently to find her, each with the hope of earning the reward money. When they start their investigation at an Egyptian exhibit, they are brought together by a talking mummy, Horus, who is cursed to awaken every night for eternity. Can the trio solve the mystery before it’s too late?

Reviewer 22.
Dave Dauphinais
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for all ages

This is not my normal style of book to read. I was very impressed with the writing style of Hannah Voskuil and the several images presented in telling this story. My particular favorite was the image of being tied up in a sack with two feral weasels. I am looking forward to her next work.
Cindy
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
The characters didn't talk like kids. They were preachy and extremely mature sounding.

The book pushed the whole "we all have regrets" thing a bit too much

I would have loved to see more of the mummy
Rachel
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Good mystery with a twist, but it's solved very easily and everything ends really well in an easy way.
Annie
Karen
Oct 22, 2016
Lindsey
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun adventure with great characters!
Jennifer Bowman