Start by marking “The Masterpiece (Work of Art #3)” as Want to Read:
The Masterpiece (Work of Art #3)

The Masterpiece (Work of Art #3)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  198 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews

Published March 2nd 2015 (first published February 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Masterpiece, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Masterpiece

TeriLyn
Mar 02, 2015 TeriLyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**The Masterpiece generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

4 Max Caswell Stars

The Work of Art Series has been an emotional roller coaster ride of emotions while Max and Ava sort out their feelings, learning how to love to each other. Ruth Clampett once again delivers a satisfying book rooted in the dog-eat-dog world of art and entertainment. The characters she writes provide depth and layers to her stories.

I've been a fan of Max and Ava from their very first, impromp
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Jo Rushton 4.5 Stars

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."- Michelangelo
This was one of those books that left me with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. I couldn't help the long sigh that escaped me once I had reached the very end. Max and Ava's journey has not been an easy one so to finally get to the last page with a big cheesy grin on my face was such a relief!
With every touch and whisper, he shows me his love over and over. In moments like thi
Habiba Hasabo
Dec 25, 2015 Habiba Hasabo rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*ARC PROVIDED AS - WORK OF ART THE COLLECTION - FOR AN HONEST REVIEW *

What a journey. This series is too emotional, too intense and it will just double your feelings.
The passion between Ava and Max was unstoppable since day one. They held on to it till the end.
I am proud of Max. He is the hero, this is his success story. Ava is truly an angel, his guardian angel.
They needed each other to go through life with it ups and downs.
Ava was so damn strong. She had so much faith inside, it was enoug
Nickcole
Mar 16, 2015 Nickcole rated it it was amazing
Stars: 4.5

Overall: This story picks up where the last one left off. Ava's career is starting to take off and things are going really well between Ava and Max. Ava gets a job opportunity of a lifetime and Max goes in a downward spiral and everyone around him try to get him back track, but it takes desperate measures to get his ass back on track. After this point there is an ex that show back up and tries to ruin things, Ava has a producer that doesn't want her with Max and Max himself almost sabo
Rachel
Mar 01, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Ruth Clampett delivers the final book in the Work of Art trilogy with this book and for this reader, I think it’s my favourite of the three. This is a powerful conclusion to a series that swept in and found a place on my keeper shelf.

The story picks up directly after the gasp inducing ending of book two and we finally get to find out who sent that text. That marks the start of the roller coaster of emotions and drama that is this book.

Ava, if I didn’t already love her, I would after this. She sh
AnnMarie
My 5 Star Simply Splendid Review

So we have come to the end of the story of Max and Ava. A story filled to capacity with bumps, pitfalls, trauma, drama, and an emotional rollercoaster I thought would never end.

But it was also a story filled to the brim with unbridled love and passion.

And some seriously scorching heat and smexiness!!

The Inspiration (Work of Art, #1) we met these two crazy love birds, a story filled with passion as well as the unraveling of broken spirits.

In The Unveiling (Work of
Wennie
Apr 05, 2015 Wennie rated it it was amazing
Ruth Clampett has done it again.

The final book of the scintillating Work of Art trilogy, The Revelation, lives up to expectations.

The Revelation cannot be read as a stand alone book. The understanding of the story's nuances and references rely on the reader's knowledge of past events.

Ava us presented with an opportunity that would cement her standing in the art world. As enticing as the opportunity may be, it comes with a major sacrifice. As she contemplates her options, Max's past comes back
SD
Mar 02, 2015 SD rated it it was amazing
Truly a masterpiece. Of course, I clamored for Work of Art - Book 3, the moment I finished reading The Unveiling. The dynamics revolving around Max and Ava are so varied, strong and challenging that I wanted to know more! Indeed, Book 3 laid them out. As in her other books, Ruth Clampett weaves stories as real, fun and engaging as they can be - glimpses in the world of art, and the characteristics that make artists so creative and unpredictable. Intriguing hosts of colleague and friends, and th ...more
Karen Komarinski
I just finished on 2/5 (5) I didn't think I could love this
book more than the other two, it is a beautiful finish to Max & Ava's
story. I loved the fact that they both realized that each had issues &
were able to work through them. They supported one another and with the
help of family and friends they made it through the rough times. Even
though I was not ready to say goodbye to Max & Ava but you answered all
my thoughts & questions about their future. I loved the quotes that came
at
Stephanie Brown
Feb 23, 2015 Stephanie Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this third book in the Work of Art series. The story really spans the times that challenge relationships and the attention to details really added to the story. Thank you for an awesome third book it definitely was a pleasure to read and re-read!
*An ARC was given for an honest review
Junis
Apr 01, 2015 Junis rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story very much. Learned a lot about the art world along the way too.

Great conclusion to an intriguing story about a troubled artist.

This is not a stand alone and needs to be read in order.
FicSisters
Mar 30, 2015 FicSisters rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone - but particulary lovers of intense love.
Reading the last lines of The Masterpiece, the final in the Work of Art Trilogy, was a bittersweet moment for this FicSister…Max and Ava’s story is complete, but it’s hard to let them go.

The Masterpiece picks up where The Unveiling left off, and even though Max and Ava are now together, the road for their journey ahead is by no means smooth. The couple are about to face their biggest challenges yet.

Throughout the Trilogy, you get to really know Max and Ava, but better yet, you’ll fall in love wi
Sandy
Mar 04, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 2, 2015

Join Max and Ava for the dramatic and passi
Aubrey
Mar 15, 2015 Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: female-pov
What a conclusion to a great trilogy!! I absolutely loved this book and cannot say it enough.

The story picks up right where we left off the last time with Ava and Max. Ava’s career is on the rise and Max is having a difficult time keeping their relationship on the quiet side. He is the - caveman beat your chest- this woman is mine- type of guy and his inner person struggles with not being able to do just that. Because Ava’s career dealings encircle his career world as well, the task becomes more
Liz Donatelli
Mar 02, 2015 Liz Donatelli rated it really liked it
I'm going to miss Max & Ava!

Ruth Clampett's THE MASTERPIECE, the final installment in the WORK OF ART trilogy, depicts the perfect love of an imperfect couple in a manner that is inspiring and hopeful, but grounded in honest reality. The story picks up at the exact moment when WORK OF ART: THE UNVEILING ends. (It's best to read WORK OF ART: THE INSPIRATION and WORK OF ART: THE UNVEILING before reading THE MASTERPIECE.) Max, the "possessive moody boy," and Ava, "the obsessive insecure girl,"
Katherine Davis
May 09, 2015 Katherine Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannot love this enough

I adore this series, and this final installment is the best of the bunch! The dramatic tension is perfectly done. The cast of characters and unique art-world setting is fantastic - unique and interesting and intriguing. Max is an intense, volatile artist with bipolar disorder; his love Ava faces a rapidly blooming successful career in art journalism that threatens to tear them apart. The push-pull of their love is keenly and brilliantly written; what makes the story for me
Julie
Jan 16, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
Work of Art: The Collection by Ruth Clampett was originally published in 2014-2015 as a trilogy (The Inspiration, The Unveiling and The Masterpiece). The trilogy has been bundled into one long book PLUS bonus scenes from different POVs and add ons! The best part is that you don’t have to chew your nails over the cliff hangers of books one and two, because the final book of the series is published and included in this new offering.

Ruth Clampett’s writing in Work of Art is incredibly detailed and
Irene
Mar 01, 2015 Irene rated it it was amazing
5 stars

The Masterpiece was such a good read, loved the final installment from the Work of Art trilogy.

I truly loved this book and series, Max and Ava have such a deep love and passionate connection, so many feels...

In the final book The Masterpiece we see both Max and Ava working through their issues with each others support and understanding. They grow stronger both as a couple and within themselves.

description

The ending left me with a heart full of love and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end
Stephanie's Sexy Reads
Mar 02, 2015 Stephanie's Sexy Reads rated it it was amazing
Max and Ava are back, and we finally find out who sent that darn text!

Book three is here, and I must admit, I didn't want the Work of Art series to end.

Don't you sometimes wish you can go back and reread a book or series, for the first time again? That's how I feel with the Work of Art series. I want to stay in this art world!

Now, let's talk about Max and Ava... Max is so swoon worthy! Does he have his faults? Of course! Everyone has their own type of personal problems. But what makes this book
Stephanie
Mar 02, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Max and Ava are back, and we finally find out who sent that darn text!

Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 10, 2015 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it really liked it
Work of Of Art Book III is the third book in the series. It can not be read as a standalone, you must read the first two books first. This picks up where the second book left off. After reading book two, I really wanted to know what was in the text message. In this one we find out who sent the message and what it said. That message sets Max off. Once again we are in for a roller coaster of a ride with Max and Av's relationship.

I love reading Max and Ava story. Max is always over the top, which
Pamcampbell bigapple62
Mar 07, 2015 Pamcampbell bigapple62 rated it it was amazing
Max,you own my heart....
Ok,the last book in the trilogy and I'm so sad to see the story of Max and Ava end. It's been a wonderful journey,with bumps and humps (pardon the pun!) along the way.
Max,full of passion for his Art and life yet prone to run when he feels overwhelmed, Ava whose life is about to become a roller coaster ride of work and play. Together they 'spark',apart they yearn... I shall surely miss them both..
Ruth writes with such feeling and passion that the reader gets completely i
Tasha Munyon
Mar 01, 2015 Tasha Munyon rated it it was amazing
An ARC was generously provided for an honest review.

I'm seriously going to miss these 2 kids. I have been reading this book very slowly because I didn't want it to end. This is an amazing series about young love and working through the good times and the bad. I loved reading this series and seeing their characters develop. You can tell she puts her heart and soul into these books. She describes the different locations in the book to a T. She makes you feel like you are actually there looking th
Mar 03, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
The conclusion of the sexy, dramatic, tumultuous journey of Max and Ava did not disappoint! The real appeal for me with these characters is their flaws, because I really love how they work through them and their relationship grows stronger as a result. I also love that Ava doesn't compromise her dreams, and doesn't let Max get away with his insecure tantrums.
We are taken on more amazing trips, culminating in an epic Parisian scene reminiscent of Darcy and Elizabeth. Lots of sighing coming from t
Elli~iris
Sep 06, 2015 Elli~iris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done, favorites
Ruth's Masterpiece is complete! The Work of Art Series is a must read for me and the third book in the series truly completes this journey. Ruth is a dear friend and her stories are so inspiring. Again I can visualize her words in technicolor and am inspired to find the images she invokes in her writing. All of her books are artistically based from her roots in art and this story is truly special to me. Max is amazing and I love seeing his redemptive transformation through this series. I'm a Ear ...more
Rhiannon St. Clair
Mar 29, 2015 Rhiannon St. Clair rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100-in-15
**I received an ebook ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I’m so sad to write this review! Not because I didn’t like the book (I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!), but because this means there’s no more Max and Ava, and that is a very sad thing indeed.

Ruth Clampett has truly outdone herself with this series, and the final installment is absolutely amazing and written just perfectly! Max and Ava’s relationship continues to progress in this book. Even though we see bits and pieces of the vulner
Soni Montalvo
Mar 17, 2015 Soni Montalvo rated it it was amazing
Voy a leer todo lo que escribe Ruth siempre. Amo, en verdad su conocimiento en el arte, después de leer Confess y volver a este mundo de apasionados y locos artistas me doy cuenta de cuan pobre es el otro libro tratándose del arte (también ayuda que su padre sea Bob estrella de la animación Clampett). Cuando van a Paris y hablan de Picasso y Manet me sentí súper conectada. Y luego ese epílogo, creo que quiero saltar de felicidad. No quería que termine pero estoy tan feliz con el final que tuvo.
Jessica
Apr 02, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
**Work of Art Series generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Has Max, the bad boy of the art world been tamed just as his girlfriend, Ava’s star begins to shine? Anything can happen in Los Angeles, a world where heroes become villains and the rogue saves the day. An unexpected plane ticket leads our heroine to a meeting that will change her life. What happens when what’s most precious to you slips out of your grasp? How fiercely will you fight for the one you love? J
Marie
Mar 10, 2015 Marie rated it it was amazing
The last book in a series is always heavily anticipated, and reading the conclusion of Max and Ava's love story was no exception. If you want good romance and steamy love scenes, you are going to love this book. I also HIGHLY enjoyed the new settings the characters got to enjoy in this book. I spent some time in Barcelona and loved every moment of that beautiful city. It was great to revisit that city through Max and Ava's eyes.
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Pros & Cons
  • The Race Is On (How the Light Gets In, #2)
  • Exposure
  • The Apartment (The Apartment Novels, #1)
  • Poughkeepsie Begins (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #0.5)
  • Twelve (More, #3)
  • Blue Balls and Push-Up Bras (Blue Balls, #1)
  • Donor (Dresdan Coven, #2)
  • The Land of the Shadow (The End of All Things #2)
  • For Authentication Purposes
  • On the Edge
  • A Matter of Trust (A Matter of Trust, #1)
  • Better Deeds than Words (Words, #2)
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • Tormented (The Gates Legacy, #2)
Ruth Clampett is a 21st century woman, aspiring to be Wonder Woman…now if she could only find her cape and magic lasso. Meanwhile she’s juggling motherhood, a full-time job running her own art business, and writing romance late at night. Travel is her second obsession after writing, and it’s enabled her to meet reader and writer friends all over the world. She’s happily frazzled, and wouldn’t chan ...more
More about Ruth Clampett...

Work of Art (3 books)
  • The Inspiration (Work of Art, #1)
  • The Unveiling (Work of Art, #2)