Start by marking “A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)

A Desperate Man: Volume 2

(A Desperate Man #2)

Illusions — we all create them.
For some it’s to project an impressive image to a prospective employer; for others it’s to attract the eye of another.
My illusion is a bit more...complicated.
Years in the making, my secret has the potential to bite me in the ass. And not in the way I typically enjoy.

Sex.
As women, we’re judged for reveling in the same carnal pleasures that men
Published February 17th 2015 (first published February 15th 2015)

Start your review of A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)
Eda**

** 4-4,5 “coffee cups” STARS **

“Right then she knew that, regardless of what her mind was telling her, she’d continue to push those warnings aside to indulge in Evan James—her own GUILTY PLEASURE.
~ REAGAN

In VOLUME 1, we met Evan James, a very desperate man slave to his addiction to sex, while he was confronted by the biggest temptation of his life: Ms. Reagan Spencer. We got to know about Evan's self-derogation, his torturous journey with the addiction he crumbles under and his
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Within the stirrings of lust she felt every time even his name was mentioned, there was the twinge of something more...something dangerous, and the more she felt herself falling, the more she couldn't stop herself.

A Desperate Man: Volume 1 introduced us to Evan James, a man deep in the throws of his addiction. A man that's hit his rock bottom and is now trying to find his way out. Ella and Brooke spared no detail in their introduction of Evan and you certainly get a taste of t
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4.75 Coffee Cups and Sexting Stars

photo 49CA4356-376A-4257-B075-75B27D7D2787_zpsnil8cbar.jpg

Ok this one was much more of a deeper journey than the first. I would say as well this is much more Reagan's side and what and how and when things happen. This was primarily about her and what she's going to do.

This starts up pretty much after part one finishes, where Evan starts to help himself. Find a way to tackle his 'Issue' and find some kind of peace in his place in his workplace.

Reagan is there to help.
 photo nickersgif_zpsdb02222c.gif
No undergarments needed..

Saying that, she
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
I was really looking forward to Evan's continuing story...and we do get that to an extent but this installment is all from Reagan's POV and it left me feeling a little unfulfilled.

Don't get me wrong, we get a lot of Evan but it's sweet Evan and flirty Evan...and extremely sexy Evan but none of the struggling Evan that I came to love in the first installment. And I really missed him!

The good part is that we get to know more about Reagan...and her secrets. And there's some good ones. But what I
Eliza

Rating: 3.5-4 "Bob" stars
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo C340F5DE-CC13-4ADF-9ECC-D026B0F602E5_zps3bw4ejtv.jpg

Volume Two is told from Reagan's POV and her input adds a new dimension to the story. I remember feeling that I had an element of mistrust as far as she was concerned and to some extent that is revealed to be correct. It seems Reagan has her own secrets and her interests in Evan extend
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Sexy Mr.James Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo e19d98be-3218-4aaf-917a-ab9dedc50437_zps4638a0ba.jpg

photo 63b2dc53-d511-4a3d-b33d-c465fd42142a_zpse9e5239e.jpg

In this 2nd installment Evan & Reagan are still working together at Kelman Corporations, & the sexual tension is still intense. They are trying to fight how much they want each other while building a great friendship, & attempting to balance that fine line between boss & employee.

photo 6fb3708f-26e5-4a39-a89a-d21c07f24956_zps5f459b85.jpg

Evan continues to push his boundaries with Reagan at the office, and I loved their flirty/dirty banter. Reagan finally gets to a point where she just can't resist him an
Michelle
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Another Steamy Quickie!
The first book in this series was told in Evans POV this one is told in Reagan's POV. I didn't mind! I loved it!

Evan is now in therapy for his addiction. He's trying really hard and he seems to be doing better or is he? It was hard to tell because we didn't get his POV this time. But I felt like he was trying. Him and Reagan are still working close together and becoming friends. They are both fighting what they want which is each other.

Her carefully guarded exterior c
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 Stars!

photo 6037EF49-1F4E-41B6-8454-6EE074E7D535_zps4xdmnmn9.jpg

A Desperate Man, Volume 2,
packs more of an emotional punch from that of book one. We are gradually trickle fed details regarding Reagan's connection to Evan from their past. Evan almost seemed like a different guy from the first book to me. The first volume he suffered almost relentlessly with his sexual addictions. Here, we see a man not perfect but getting his carnal cravings under control with professional help. But instead, can Reagan withstand his pull now that he's showing sig
~Stéphanie's Journal~
description

A desperate man part 2 caught me right away by surprise because it's told from Reagan's pov.

I was thrilled to be in the head of the girl who seems to hide secrets.
I wasn't disappointed because she did hide secrets and one that can change a lot of things between her and Evan.

”She was finding it imperative to keep a strong facade when it came to Evan James, because the man was charming enough to make you forget you didn’t want to get involved.

I missed a little of Evan's dirty mouth but both a
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
2.5 Stars

This was so different from the first book that it's almost like a completely different person wrote it. It has background, development, a clear direction, but it doesn't blend with the first book. You have too much from Reagan and pretty much nothing from Evan when it was the other way around with the first book. That means it doesn't blend together very well or really make much sense.

The sudden mention of (view spoiler)
Jen
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this series just keeps getting better and better. In this volume Reagan show more of her bolder and flirtatious side. Evan wins a date with Reagan and from there begins to turn up the heat with his little coffee messages each day.

During their date, Reagan turns the sex appeal on and begins to drive Evan wild.

She usually has a rule that she doesn't sleep with the same guy twice, but how can she turn down a chance to have more of Evan? And when she finally gives in...oh Wow!

But just because th
Michelle
ARC provided by authors in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Oh my...seriously this series just gets better and better!!! Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine, you two have truly outdone yourselves in this newest addition of the serial A Desperate Man. They clearly got the title right because I am desperate for MORE!!! I want and need more. This book was wickedly and sinfully HOT!!!!

White

In this second volume, it is told all in Reagan's POV. And all I got to say is Reagan is one sexual minx. If you
Stacy
This has quickly turned out to be one of my absolute favorite serial series I’ve read. Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine have merged their thoughts and words together so well it’s scary! In the first book we get to meet Evan James and really get to know how he sees the world around him as well as himself. He’s a man struggling with a very real sex addiction, and on top of that he has some hidden demons from his past which we learn a little bit more about in this book. It’s so interesting going from b ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
A Desperate Man: Volume 2 by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine
4.5 stars!!

“He was by leaps and bounds the most gorgeous man she’d ever seen…and he was damaged beyond repair.”

And shit just got real!! OMG I need the next one now...like stat!! Serials are like crack for me, I love them because they are quick reads that you can fit in between reads and you know that the next instalment will be there before you know it. They build the anticipation and they have you salivating for your next fix
1-Click Addict Support Group
This part is from Reagan’s point of view. We learn a lot about her, her wants, and her love of control in all things.

I did NOT expect the twist thrown in and was shocked (in a good way) by the flashbacks. And just when you think you have it figured out, you run into a brick wall face first while lust and hormones are shoved in your face.

I enjoyed this one even more than part one, but only because you get more of the picture being painted by the authors and you can start to see the bigger pictu
Marcia
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smoke!! Volume One was just an ok read for me, because I didn't really like Reagan and I didn't get Evan, but my goodness did Ella Frank and Brook Blaine come back with a bang in Volume 2 of Evan and Reagan's story. I am speechless at what I just read. I did not see the twist and turns and revelations that occurred in this Volume coming at all!! Amazing job, ladies. I cannot wait for Volume 3!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

"...I lost my illusions in a black rain of bitterness -
now what do you see in my eyes?
How can you still love me?
How can I be tender..."

-John Geddes

This second part of Evan & Reagan's story is told from her POV.

She's telling us a lot about the past and about how she's falling for Evan... Even though that's not what she does. She doesn't do repeats and she doesn't fall in love. And especially not with someone who she's keeping secrets from. But she just can't get Evan out of her head.

Plus he'
Ashley
ARC gifted from authors in exchange for an honest review

My first thought after finishing volume two of this serial?

I need to buy a Polaroid camera.

In A Desperate Man, volumes 1 and 2 we are introduced to Evan James and Reagan Spencer. Evan is a sex addict with one rule – no repeats. He has never even been remotely tempted to break that rule until a certain blonde bombshell invades not only his bed, but also his mind. He can’t stop thinking about her, and when the little vixen turns out to be his
Cassandra Caress
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, wet-panties
5 addicting stars! Reagan and James are back!!! :D

Oh and how?! The first book was about James and how his addiction drives him. In this second book, James seems to do fairly well, seeing a therapist.
But this time it's more from Reagan's perspective. She seemed rather unattached and unaffected by James in the first book. But now, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! Never ever would I have seen this coming! Her attraction drives her crazy and yet she has to pretend that things are only friendly and business-like. Oh
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Feeling a bit...needy?
I need a GPS because I thought I knew where I was headed, but I ended up somewhere else instead. My guilty pleasure steamy sex addict read turned into a steamy sex addict mystery that has blown my mind. Now I have even more questions running through my head while I'm free-falling off this damn cliff. Who the hell are Rocky & Jen? What is the big secret? How long do I have to wait to find out? I can't wait! The line forms here...
Paula (Poll) Conway
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh so disappointed it ended on a cliffy with no date for book 3 , it was just starting to unravel and then boom it ends , wish I had waited to read all 3 together as they are very short books.
Bozica
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this second instalment!
Told from Reagan’s POV we find out who she is and how she fits in the Evans past.
Sadly the 3rd book in this series is no longer available to purchase and neither is the box set......so I will never know how it’s ends.......
Mara De Guzman
★★★★★
5 Coffee Cup Stars
ARC received from the authors for an honest review
Review and giveaway also posted on Mara's Bookshelf

“Sometimes we have no idea what we need until someone gives it to us.”

What the heck are you trying to do with me, Ella and Brooke?! A Desperate Man: Volume 2 is well, the second part of the A Desperate Man serial, and the continuation of Reagan and Evan’s insanely crazy, sexy, explosive lives.

In Volume 1, we met Evan James. The playboy. The sexy man who’s all about the sex
Bianca
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I’ll be honest here. Serials weren’t my thing until THIS ONE. Volume one got me intrigued over Evan and Reagan’s story. But this next installment ?It has me hooked. I’m talking about can’t put my kindle down must finish in one sitting kind of hooked. So sit down, get comfy. You will get lost in this story.

Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
****** Shhh!..........There is extra hot guy here stars *****

That dialogues. that fights and scenes... bla. bla....... I have to admit I did not expect this kind of super sexy, hot and intense story with few pages..... This must be godsend ability to catch the attention of readers with a number of pages. This book were double times better than first one and I just can not guess how will the other one will be!

description

there are some dialogues from book I liked and laughed so much:))) This man really sma
ByoBook Club
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nickea
I freaking love Evan James and Reagan Spencer! Their chemistry is off the charts!!!!

I loved how this Volume is in Reagan's point of view and we all get to see what's going on in her head. In Volume 1, I had her figured to be kind of manipulating and easy. She seemed like a loose girl for the lack of better words. In this one things go much deeper than just her outsides. She's not as tough as she seems and you can easily point out her insecurities. Evan is even better in the book. This time you'
Judy
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OHMYGAWD!!! LOVED!!

Volume 1 was dirty, naughty, depraved, told in the perspective of Evan and left you salivating for more. He’s still all those things, but this time we got to experience a different side to him. A cheeky side, a sweeter side. And oh GOD, his naughty side came out to play again!

Volume 2 is Reagan's perspective, and so not what I was anticipating! It was more!!! I loved the playfulness of this book. Not only did I enjoy the sexy, flirty banter between Evan and Reagan, but also th
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+ Stars

I'm always fascinated with authors abilities to make me see the world and characters that they create. How TWO authors do it together is beyond me. I loved volume 1. Volume 2 blew it out of the water!

Book 1 was written in Evan's POV. It showed all of his flaws and insecurities. It showed Reagan to be this tough as nails, take not bull-shit kind of gal. This second installment is in Reagan's POV and she's not as tough as she seems.

What I loved about this book, besides getting into Reagan
Rachel
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this volume. Told in Reagan’s point of view, we discover that there is a lot more to Reagan than what we saw in volume one and slowly her secrets and past is unveiled as we read.

Evan is making a real effort with his sex addiction and a friendship is blossoming between him and Reagan. Their sexual tension is still sky high which provides some fantastic flirty banter which I loved! This book isn’t as intense as volume one, there was more story, and I liked that. They re
Letty
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Mother. Well we all know how brilliant Ella Frank writes. And that her stories have the most erotic scenes you can find. Pheeww, well, as if the dinner between them wasn't hot enough, the camera scene was out of the park erotic. Holy moly I want to stare at all those pics., she can send them to me. So, In A Desperate Man we read Evan's POV, a Desperate Man 2, we see Reagan's POV, and what a pair these 2 make. I feel for Reagan, she is irrevocably irreparably deep with her feelings, but is E ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Is there any word on Volume 3 release? 1 3 Jun 12, 2015 06:21PM

• Us (Him, #2)
  • Sex Addict
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Him (Him, #1)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Playing with Fire
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • El Diablo II
  • Strong Enough
  • I Promise You
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
  • Unscripted (Unscripted, #1)
  • Strays (Urban Soul, #2)
  • No Good
  • Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy, #3)
  • Rewritten (Unscripted, #2)
  • Unwritten (Unscripted, #3)
  • Broken Pieces (Broken Pieces, #1)
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

A Desperate Man (3 books)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man #1)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man, #3)

News & Interviews