Start by marking “Hvor intet kan røre dig” as Want to Read:
Hvor intet kan røre dig

Hvor intet kan røre dig

Hendes instinkt siger, at hun skal søge tilflugt i sit eget hjem … men det er det sidste sted, hun kan vide sig sikker.

Lisa, mor til femårige Anouk, befinder sig i den værst tænkelige situation: Hun bliver taget som gidsel i sit idylliske, afsidesliggende hjem, af den kvindefjendske morder Mick Kreuger, som er flygtet fra en psykiatrisk afdeling.

Da Senta van Dijk kører op
Published April 28th 2015 by Punktum (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hvor intet kan røre dig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hvor intet kan røre dig

Start your review of Hvor intet kan røre dig
Richard
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Translated from the Dutch by Michele Hutchison. This is a well written and beautifully translated thriller into the English language.
Simone van der Vlugt books are slowly coming to the attention of a wider audience as her novels become available in the UK.
This a familiar psychological suspense story based around an escaped prisoner and a hostage situation, where your home and your loved one's security is violated and threatened to the point where you think you are going to die.
What marks this ac
Susy
A more dramatic than thrilling "thriller". Writing style didn't grip me. Characters didn't interest me much. Abrupt ending. Just not my thing.
(trigger warning: explicit sexual content, rape)
Kelly Driessen
In 2 words, loved it! The first thriller I enjoyed from beginning till the end. The story had my heart racing as soon as I started reading. The pace of the book is extremely quick, I couldnt put it down; Every chapter left me in suspense. Finished it in 1/2 days.

There were some scenes that were really hard to read tho, because I felt like I was in that house experiencing what Lisa had to experience, some of the most brutal things a woman can go through (a true nightmare!).
Becky
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: translated
While I've been doing fairly well on my challenges this year, readers, I have to admit that I wish I was getting more in the translation vein fitted into my reading week! I have some stacked up right now, waiting patiently, including the one I won from Ellie as part of the challenge: Andrea H. Japp's The Season of the Beast.

This month my pick for the challenge is Simone van der Vlugt's Safe As Houses, due out from Canongate Books on July 4. This is the third of van der Vlugt's books to be trans
Stacia
Lisa is home alone with her young daughter, who is ill, when there’s a knock on the door. A man forces his way inside—and decides to stay awhile with his new “family.”

Senta is lost, and when she comes across a house, she stops to ask for directions. Nobody answers her knock, and when she walks around the house and looks in the window, she sees a woman, a child—and hiding in the corner, a man with a knife. Knowing she has to notify the authorities, Senta runs back to her car and drives away, only
Richelle
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!

Nice big font! Very quick read !
Kept me on the edge of my seat !

Everyone woman's worst nightmare is to have an intruder hold you hostage in your own home !
So it's very relatable !

Beautifully written !

Loved the book .. Hated the ending !
Such an amazing book .. I felt it should have had a better ending.. Too blunt for me ..
I like to know what happens..
It was left in a way that it could have a sequel if she wanted ..
It was translated to English .. So some of the words and sentences
Anthony
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly suspenseful, a mixture of crime/suspense/thriller/horror genres. Very pacy, it keeps you on the edge of your seat! Set in Gelderland in the Netherlands, this is an excellent translation in English from Dutch.
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa is innocently putting out her washing when a man appears between the sheets hanging outside. She runs to her house, but it is the last thing she should do; the man grabbing her before she can close the door. She and her five-year old daughter Anouk then become trapped in their own house at the mercy of this man. There is one witness and Lisa hopes this will save her, by as the days go by, Lisa wonders why the witness has not come to her rescue.

This had my heart racing as soon as I started
Liesbeth
I really really wanted to like this. The author is Dutch and I was born in Holland. Could not find the Dutch version in the Kindle store.
It starts off well enough. Escaped prisoner takes mother and child hostage in their own home. Get spotted by lady who's lost, who then crashes her car and loses her memory.
At this point it all gets a bit too drawn out for my liking. The two women's relationship issues are explored,not 100% sure why, and the hostage versus accident time line is played out. Ver
Kay
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazingly gripping read - but make sure you are somewhere secure first! An escaped prisoner takes Lisa and her daughter prisoner in her isolated home. A possible saviour has a freak accident which may prevent her from alerting the authorities. This is nail-biting stuff, with an unexpected but satisfying ending.
Journey
Oct 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this should have been a short story. the writing if very quick and straightforward... some of that is probably a result of translation, but i don't think that accounts for all the "this happened. then this happened." there is very little suspense, though i was surprised about what's revealed about Lisa near the end. ...more
Bookread2day
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frighteningly good. Kreeager who was convicted of several accounts of murder disappears while on day release from a psychiatric prison. He hides in a garden and follows Lisa into her house.
I really recommend this frightening thriller.
Maggie James
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A tightly plotted thriller that hooks the reader in from the first page and doesn't let go. It's unusual in that there really isn't very much of a plot - and yet the author packs in plenty of twists as she reveals more about her characters and their motivations. An excellent read. ...more
Kate
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great novel by an author new to me. A very scary and potentially real story that would scare many people reading it! It is well related, graphic yet doesn't have too much detail if not needed. Good book ...more
Curly
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dutch thriller. Violent. Very good book!
Elodie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
oof. glad I could put that away. not my genre.
Maisie
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to read this book for school and I did like it though! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!
Colleen
A book translated to English
Izabela Karbowiak
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A proper thriller ;) easy to read and keep you turn the pages with the excitement.
Elisabeth
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was bought for me from a St Vincent De Paul shop as part of my birthday bundle of reads...well this blew my mind. Tight, pacy & fast! At times I gasped & yelled out...what an author. Read it in a few hours. Could not put it down. Enjoy🙂
Zuzu Burford
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. I am at a loss to see so many one stars. Tight, dramatic, suspenseful, good character back story, and best of all an ending that takes you by surprise.
Fiona R
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not finish
Nany
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One word to describe this masterpiece of book AMAZING!
Burma Turner
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful

This was a very suspenseful thriller. It started out strong and did not let up. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Great book!
ElenaSquareEyes
Trigger warnings for rape. Translated by Michele Hutchison.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Julia Binns and due to both the narration and the story itself, I flew through this book. Safe as Houses is such a compelling story, there’s no slow set-up, instead within the opening chapters Lisa’s home is invaded by a dangerous criminal. It’s fascinating to see how Lisa tries to relate to Kruger, the escaped criminal who has a twisted mind, in order to try and keep herself and her daughter safe.
Marcia
Jul 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marcia by: Some of my customers in the store
I loved it! When I started to read, I couldn't stop and read it in one day.

Spannend boek. In een dag uitgelezen. Ik kon me heel goed inleven in de hoofdpersonen.
Niki.kleverlaan
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A shorter version of this book.
Charissa
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dutch, fiction
Not my usual genre but I rather enjoyed this. Don't think I'll actively seek out more from this author, but it's not impossible I might change my mind in the future. ...more
Any Length
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books gripped me and did not let me go till the end. I couldn't wait for the next chapter on each of the characters. Satisfying end. ...more
Nienke de Boer
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
wow didn't expect to love this so much ...more

• Rendez-vous
  • Wat jij niet ziet
  • Toen ik je zag
  • Stromboli
  • Zwarte piste
Simone van der Vlugt is an acclaimed Dutch author, well known for her young adult novels. The reunion was her debut novel for adults, it sold over 200,000 copies and was translated into German, French and English.

News & Interviews