Start by marking “The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)” as Want to Read:
The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)

The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)

Earl Nightingale was America's key motivational speaker and 'The Strangest Secret' was his most successful work. This is a transcript of the original classic 1956 motivational speech. The text was later revised into a print version which Economist Terry Savage calls '...One of the great motivational books of all time.'

Audio Cassette
Published by Keys Company, Inc. (first published January 16th 1900)

To ask other readers questions about The Strangest Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strangest Secret

Carlos
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very short books but big on the message, it change the perspective of things. there is a homework to do but nothing is free in this world.
Mark
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great little motivational book. The author challenges us to consider what we think about it and dives into the basic psychology of our thought life and how it impacts our performance at whatever we're doing and ultimately our success. I think there is a lot of truth to these principles but THINKING any particular thing doesn't mean it will come true.

He also talks about the principal of "reaping and sowing" which has been discussed in hundreds of books and other writings. Also, many truth
Ryan Holloway
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summary:

Character: guy that goes with the flow his whole life because that's what he's supposed to do

Problem: he's not reaching his potential wants to be successful but doesn't know how

Guide: "the greatest secret", earl nightingale

Plan: the greatest secret is that "we become what we think about"
1. Get a goal
2. Have the right attitude
3. R&D

Call to action: 30 day plan to think only positive thoughts, cut out all negative thoughts, think about your goals, save

Success: "the progressive realiz
GiveGetBooks
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Strangest Secret came out as an audio recording, then Earl Nightingale performed a video recording. The Broke Investor purchased a written copy of both.

Simply put, “We become what we think about.” Now, you may think, “That’s not a secret at all! I knew that.” However, Earl Nightingale points out that out of 100 people by the time retirement comes around: 1 will be rich, 4 will be financially independent, 41 will still be working, and 54 will be BROKE.

Since most of us should already know the
Don Sevcik
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This should be required reading at least twice a year. Simple, elegant, and impactful.

Get your head in the game, focus, and drive towards your goal. Keep a positive outlook, and discard all negative thoughts.
Kurt Rocourt
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, novels
That was surprising

It's a very short book but it actually does have a secret. You think you gave most of the answers then you read this. That's the thing I got out of this. Great read.
Steve
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Foundational!

Mr. Nightingale's work is as foundational as the bible itself. Elaborating on the words of Jesus and natural law . Should be read regularly until it is in the fiber of your being.
Soujanya Bogarapu
Another book emphasizing the power of mind, law of attraction as well as some more simple but very important factors for success in life. Short and simple one, hardly takes an hour to complete the whole book.
Montress Williams
Great read

This the type of book that'll make you wonder, why haven't anyone ever taught me these things!? The secret is so simple but yet, only a very few love by it. I will read it everyday until I come up with a goal and accomplish it 💪
NattyD
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-non-fiction
This isn't so much a book as an essay. While I'm sure the concepts were a big deal at the time they came out, it wasn't exactly well written or powerful. I think maybe listening to it read by the author would have made it better.
Shawn P Wilson
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Awesome book that cuts right to the point of success. It's written in such a way you know it's the truth. Amazing very quick read.
Adrian  Starks
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life changing book. And it is stated in the most simplistic but powerful manner. This is true motivation! I love Earl Nightingale!
Nicky Billou
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had a profound impact on my thinking, and helped me choose my thoughts deliberately.

I am excited by what this is making possible for me in my life!

slscot
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

The Laws always work. Great concept and insight into what it means to be successfully. Life yields to us what we provide ... a concept of its own.
Donovichi
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Just an overall Good Read !! Not too long, but a lot of value. Everyone young or old should read for a good mind re-set !!

;-D
Albet Alarcon
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great time reading. Brain candy short and sweet. Very nice. Great aphorisms in it both Earl`s and others. Definitely re-readable I keep it in my Kindle. ...more
Alfredo
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short and refreshing morning read on the importance of setting goals and having a positive attitude in life.
Kim
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Strangest secret

First book of this author I have read. It’s only a few pages long, but the best knowledge ever.
Challenge excepted!
Rebecca Foreman
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great push forward!!

Quick read & great for growth! Everyone should have this in their library and read it often! Never stop growing.
Alan
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

I found this short read very inspiring, straight forward and to the point. It sums up what a lot of other authors take a whole 200 pages to say. Very cool
Bigheadwalt
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Focus on what you want to become
Allysiah Xin
Jul 11, 2018
Nick Caledonia
Aug 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.
“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” 1 likes
“George Bernard Shaw said: "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.” 0 likes