Start by marking “The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)” as Want to Read:
The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)

The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)

Earl Nightingale was America's key motivational speaker and 'The Strangest Secret' was his most successful work. This is a transcript of the original classic 1956 motivational speech. The text was later revised into a print version which Economist Terry Savage calls '...One of the great motivational books of all time.'

Audio Cassette
Published by Keys Company, Inc. (first published January 16th 1900)

To ask other readers questions about The Strangest Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strangest Secret

Start your review of The Strangest Secret (Earl Nightingale's Library of Little Gems)
Danessa Violette
Very Short

This book is a genuinely good book however I do wish it was longer. This is a very, very short book.
Ryan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
Summary:

Character: guy that goes with the flow his whole life because that's what he's supposed to do

Problem: he's not reaching his potential wants to be successful but doesn't know how

Guide: "the greatest secret", earl nightingale

Plan: the greatest secret is that "we become what we think about"
1. Get a goal
2. Have the right attitude
3. R&D

Call to action: 30 day plan to think only positive thoughts, cut out all negative thoughts, think about your goals, save

Success: "the progressive realizatio
Carlos
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very short books but big on the message, it change the perspective of things. there is a homework to do but nothing is free in this world.
Mark
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great little motivational book. The author challenges us to consider what we think about it and dives into the basic psychology of our thought life and how it impacts our performance at whatever we're doing and ultimately our success. I think there is a lot of truth to these principles but THINKING any particular thing doesn't mean it will come true.

He also talks about the principal of "reaping and sowing" which has been discussed in hundreds of books and other writings. Also, many truth
GiveGetBooks
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Strangest Secret came out as an audio recording, then Earl Nightingale performed a video recording. The Broke Investor purchased a written copy of both.

Simply put, “We become what we think about.” Now, you may think, “That’s not a secret at all! I knew that.” However, Earl Nightingale points out that out of 100 people by the time retirement comes around: 1 will be rich, 4 will be financially independent, 41 will still be working, and 54 will be BROKE.

Since most of us should already know the
Robin Sacks
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Strangest Secret is one of the precursors to the modern world of personal development. It is a foundational piece for anyone who is interested in developing a success mindset. A short read (one sitting will do it), The Strangest Secret reinforces the power of self-belief and clarity and the role they both play in success. With clarity and consistent action, success becomes automatic. However, as Nightingale points out, most people never choose to get that clarity for themselves or to take th ...more
seffron holroyd
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brillant

It was engaging, quick to the point, motivating and uplifting..
It was fantastic in the way un like other motivation books that he didn't harp, drag on and say the same thing in so many different ways just to fill the book up. It is kept simple for all readers ,that it is easy to quickly revisit to install this way of thinking quickly in your head until it becomes a habit and intentional in your everyday life.
Pavel Ibrahim
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, would recommend as a book before starting on a bigger one.

It basically tells you what you already knew but didn't realize until now. There are many books that gives a little spark to the reader, this one is different. This is a book i would recommend to read before reading a bigger book, short said. It gives you a little bit of fuel and motivation to keep on what you want to do and bring in to your life. All in all a goof book.
Homero Garza
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great beginning for de-programming yourself to a better state of being.

Easy read, but I have been a fan of Earl for a while. I strongly recommend this book for guidance and suggestive paths to surface beyond conditions that have been instilled by society or inherited by our parents.
Don Sevcik
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This should be required reading at least twice a year. Simple, elegant, and impactful.

Get your head in the game, focus, and drive towards your goal. Keep a positive outlook, and discard all negative thoughts.
NattyD
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-non-fiction
This isn't so much a book as an essay. While I'm sure the concepts were a big deal at the time they came out, it wasn't exactly well written or powerful. I think maybe listening to it read by the author would have made it better.
Soujanya Bogarapu
Another book emphasizing the power of mind, law of attraction as well as some more simple but very important factors for success in life. Short and simple one, hardly takes an hour to complete the whole book.
Steve
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Foundational!

Mr. Nightingale's work is as foundational as the bible itself. Elaborating on the words of Jesus and natural law . Should be read regularly until it is in the fiber of your being.
Kurt Rocourt
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels, e-books
That was surprising

It's a very short book but it actually does have a secret. You think you gave most of the answers then you read this. That's the thing I got out of this. Great read.
Montress Williams
Great read

This the type of book that'll make you wonder, why haven't anyone ever taught me these things!? The secret is so simple but yet, only a very few love by it. I will read it everyday until I come up with a goal and accomplish it 💪
Ed Barton
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Short Read

Service to others is the key to success. That's the overarching message in this very quick read by Earl Nightingale. A good read that will give you plenty to think about even though it is a quick read.
Alice Galeotti
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic. As relevant today as when recorded.

The Strangest Secret remains a secret to most, even in an Age of Information and abundance. Excellent, pithy reminder of the bedrock to true success in life.
Shreyanshi
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the audiobook on audible for it. The precision with which it is said is great and easy to understand. Definitely a must for everyone who wants to succeed in life. Also, share it with others as well if you like it.
Adrian  Starks
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life changing book. And it is stated in the most simplistic but powerful manner. This is true motivation! I love Earl Nightingale!
Rebecca Foreman
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great push forward!!

Quick read & great for growth! Everyone should have this in their library and read it often! Never stop growing.
Nicky Billou
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had a profound impact on my thinking, and helped me choose my thoughts deliberately.

I am excited by what this is making possible for me in my life!

slscot
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

The Laws always work. Great concept and insight into what it means to be successfully. Life yields to us what we provide ... a concept of its own.
Albet Alarcon
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great time reading. Brain candy short and sweet. Very nice. Great aphorisms in it both Earl`s and others. Definitely re-readable I keep it in my Kindle. ...more
Kim
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Strangest secret

First book of this author I have read. It’s only a few pages long, but the best knowledge ever.
Challenge excepted!
Donovichi
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Just an overall Good Read !! Not too long, but a lot of value. Everyone young or old should read for a good mind re-set !!

;-D
Shawn P Wilson
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Awesome book that cuts right to the point of success. It's written in such a way you know it's the truth. Amazing very quick read.
Martin Au
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simple, but important
Tobias Smulders
Better to listen to the Audio
Jorge Espinoza
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
Anything taught by Earl is amazing.
Mark Blane
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To the point read on success thinking, believing and achieving...and with a 30 day plan.

• As a Man Thinketh
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • Miracles Of Your Mind
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • The Simple Six: The Easy Way to Get in Shape and Stay in Shape for the Rest of your Life
  • Magic of Faith
  • Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • How to Attract Money: The Law of Attraction, Revised Edition
  • Law of Success
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets to Feeling Great About Yourself Every Day
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
  • You 2: A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Release Your Brakes
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.

News & Interviews

“Everything that’s really worthwhile in life came to us free — our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends and country.” 2 likes
“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” 1 likes