Start by marking “Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)

Remembering Joy

(Joy #1)

**NEW COVER 1/28/15**

One mistake can shatter dreams and shape the future. Alexis knows this first hand. Even though her memory of that day is hazy, she has spent ten years trying to put it behind her.

Armed with the knowledge that her career will be her only legacy, Alexis works night and day to prove that she is more than just her last name. It’s not that she doesn’t have
Published June 5th 2013 by Jenni Moen

To ask other readers questions about Remembering Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembering Joy

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **

I'd had this book on my reading list for a while now because several readers had recommended it to me and since the sequel, Finding Joy, was recently released, I decided that now was the perfect time to try it out!

I don't want to give away anything here so I'll try and only give you a general idea of what the story is about...  The heroine, Alexis, is a career driven woman with a past that has been blocked out of her memory -- an incident too traumatic to remember. Bu
Andrea
Remembering Joy was such a lovely surprise. So striking, mysterious, and heartbreaking, that I hardly know what to say. This is a story that is so intricate, so cleverly mapped out. I can hardly believe this is Jenni Moen's debut novel.

Because so much of the beauty of Remembering Joy is the surprising plot and the way it slowly and steadily unfolds, I don't even want to touch that. To be honest, if someone spoiled Remembering Joy for me, I would cut that person. Then break their Kindle.

I had onl
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 30, 2013 marked it as freebie  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

NOW FREEEE - http://amzn.to/1Ip9JZ4

oOoooO seems like a steamy read..

Alexis doesn’t believe in fairytales. She knows first hand that life can turn on a dime – that one stupid mistake can shatter dreams and irrevocably shape the future. Even though her memory of that day is hazy, she has spent the last ten years trying to put it behind her and focus on the future.

J
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Autumn Review
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, favorites
I found this surprise gem by reading a review of the book on my BFF's blog. She insisted that I would love this book and she was...as usual...right. Remembering Joy was a book I'm not likely to forget anytime soon. It kept me guessing and made me fall in love. Pretty great combination, right?!

I won't be discussing what the book is about exactly, because you can get a general idea from the synopsis. So, I'll give you a little idea about how I felt about getting to know these characters. I'll star
Bianca
This review can also be found here: http://brittanyandbiancablabbooks.blo...

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I read this book in one sitting, because I simply could not put it down. Alexis guards her heart like no other. She is not looking for prince charming and avoids relationships with the opposite sex at all costs. This changes when she meets Adam. He is mysterious and brooding, but she feels the connection with him and she do
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
I don’t remember who recommended this book to me or if I found it browsing on Goodreads, what I do know is that the blurb alone pulled me to it. I read it in 2013 and it was one of my top reads that year. It still is, actually!

Right in the beginning we get to know Adam and how he sees a girl from his past, a girl that he hates and he thinks is a snob. The thing is, Adam doesn’t know Alexis at all.

Alexis is a girl who fights against her family name and has emerged herself into her work. She has o
Vanessa
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-a-series
Somewhere Between 4 – 4.5 Forgiving Stars

So you know those moments in life that you wish you could have back? And you can’t let them go, so you torture yourself with the questions; What if I would’ve left the house 10 minutes earlier? What if I would’ve taken a different route? What if I would’ve let that text go and not tried to check my phone while driving?

Remembering Joy is the story of two people, on different ends of a tragedy, dealing with loss, who have never been able to move on. As
Elena Love
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexis works every day to prove that she can reach the expectations other people had for her but she's not okay.She's broken,tired and lonely and when she meets Adam she feels like something might happen.At the beginning they have a "no strings attached" relationship that turns out to be more than they both imagined.

But Adam has a plan.He just wants to break Alexi's heart and get revenge for something she can't remember and has nightmares about,and something that Adam can't forget.But when he ge
 Dani
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EMOTIONAL. I was extremely impressed with this debut novel. We have Alexis who led a charmed life until one accident threw everything she was out the window. She is living her life for work and believes in her heart she is meant to be alone. But as much as she believes this when Adam comes into her life she is drawn to him, she does not wan to fall for him, but slowly he is chipping away the brick wall in her heart. Adam is living his life with the hurt from THE accident. He soon realizes Alexis ...more
Kim Person
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!! For stumbling upon a book that I never heard of while I was clicking on Amazon I'm so freaking HAPPY ~ it's like finding a hidden gem ~ AMAZING book! Full Review To Come!
Ana
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely amazing book. Beautifully written. Loved it! Can't wait to get more of Allie and Adam.
Ashley Christin
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Addicting Stars!

I had the pleasure of meeting Jenni Moen and her BFF Elizabeth over this past weekend. After talking with these awesome girls and hearing about Jenni’s book, Remembering Joy, I just had to get my hands on this book! I was hooked from the first chapter but also found myself wanting to scream! I needed the truth! WHY can’t she remember!! WHY OH WHY!! But, that’s one of the many things I loved about this book, being kept on my toes! I didn’t foresee ANYTHING that happened! That is
BookHookup
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

3 stars I loved the premise of this story, and how it would be laced with darkness and heart ache. However, I just never connected with most of it until about 80% through. It’s not that I didn’t like it, in fact the ending has me wanting to read book 2…but it was just so damn slow for so long that makes me feel like it was just a fair read for me.

There was a bit of mystery in the beginning as to why Adam was hell bent on something, but soon I
Breeze
Although the book alternates between Adam and Alexis POV's we get a lot more Alexis. The strange thing for me was Adam's POV was more memorable. Jenni Moen does a great job writing a males prospective.

Alexis is a very sweet woman and yes we know her past due to a reoccurring nightmare that fills in blanks as we read. And, yes it is predictable how she and Adam lives have crossed, but! there still is a slight twist to her amnesia!

Adam, the first night when he had "revenge" sex with her was so unc
Gwen ~the Book Diva
4 stars!

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I felt really bad for this book at first. I'd just finished Try by Ella Frank and loved to hell out of that book. Usually, my next read after something like that doesn't get a fair chance because my expectations have been raised. Luckily, Remembering Joy was strong enough to hold it's own with me. I enjoyed it a lot!

Remembering Joy was a great story about two broken and unhappy people trying to live life after the devastating acc
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
4.5 – 5 STARS!!!

FULL REVIEW HERE: CLICKETY CLICK ;)

THIS BOOK WAS FANTABULOUSLY AWESOME!!!

Honestly, this is the first ARC I've ever given a 5 stars to. Usually it's only around 4 stars and below but I LOVED THIS BOOK. I was planning to rush through it but thank God I didn't because I enjoyed it immensely.

**COPY PROVIDED BY AUTHOR/CBL BOOK TOURS**

Remembering Joy taught me about the meaning of forgiveness and having to move on from the past and trudge on forward. The story was not only compelling b
Lindsey
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carrie
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lendable
This story starts with Adam. Adams see's Alexis in a bar and immediately recognizes her from his past. As the reader you understand that Adam hates Alexis but the reason is unclear. Adam decides its time for a little payback.

What an intricately woven story. I figured out the main secret in the story pretty quickly but that didn't stop me from enjoying the slow reveal. And there were quite a few twists and turns along the way that I didn't see coming.

This story is told from both Adam and Alexis
Kelle
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from author for honest review

Remembering Joy was a good book, interesting concept for a story but started off a bit slow and choppy. Was predictable in some areas but considering this is Jenni Moen's debut I have to give her credit for a nice start.

The writing started to get smoother after about the half way point. Adam's POVs were definitely my favorite, I feel like I got more out of his. Alexis seemed to be a strong heroine at the beginning but once her relationship w
Lily
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok If you're looking for a book with revenge, lies, secrets, heartbreak, roller-coaster of emotions and finding a way to heal and forgive, then this is it.

I will say I did enjoy it. But some parts I felt like the book was taking forever to get to the point. There is going to be a book two, some things are yet to be resolved. For .99 cents it was a good read.

4 Stars!
Lauren Greenberg
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Really enjoyed this storyline..refreshing to read something a little bit different.
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Aghhhh this book did a number on my emotions! I admit that I was worried about this book because of the kid on the cover. It’s no secret that I don’t like kids in books (I’ve DNF books that have kids in them) but this one was highly recommended by Andrea @ Bookish Babe. Once I read her review, I knew I had to give it a shot. The summary of this book is so vague that I didn’t really know what it was about. I realize now that that’s the only way the author could have done it to keep the mystery of ...more
Heather
Oh.My.Word. This was an absolutely AMAZING book. Beautifully written. I was pulled in from page 1.

This book is sitting on Amazon with 5 stars. 58 reviews. 5 stars. That doesn’t happen very often once the reviews start rolling in. I think this is her first book too. This is the only one showing on her Amazon author page and on her Goodreads page. I cannot believe that this was a debut novel. (I do, but you know what I mean.)

Adam. Poor Adam. He’s been through hell. He isn’t typically the way he is
Celeste
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

books are love
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very poignant book. Alexis has a past she can't remember but can't escape. It has changed her for the good. Adam has a anger from his past that has caused him to hate. Hate to where he sees red and wants to hurt the person who has caused him the inexplicable pain he has that it seeps into his whole world. Unfortunately both have the same past just different effects from it.

Adam is a very sweet guy just has so much pain that it causes him to do not nice things. He has been in relationsh
For the Love of Books
5 stars peeps! This book is wow, just WOW! I just finished reading Remembering Joy by Jenni Moen and let me tell you, I feel like I am just stepping off of a rollercoaster. I have felt almost every emotion under the sun while reading this book. I have laughed and cried with these characters (I have also gotten so incredibly frustrated with them that I was yelling at the screen while reading… shhh, don’t tell anyone, lol). Jenni Moen has written this book so well, that by the second or third chap ...more
Jessica Figueroa
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Alexis moved to New York ten years ago to get away from a memory or lack of one from an accident. Her memory should've came back but never did and was able to get past it. After meeting the handsome and mysterious Adam her memories seem to becoming back in the form of dreams that leave her restless when she wakes.

Adam wasn't expecting to see Alexis after all those years, he knew that she was in the area but just didn't realized how close she's been all this time. He has a plan to get back at her
Taryn Lee
~I received an ARC from Book Enthusiast Promotions in exchange for an honest review~

This book... How do I describe it? Let's see. Amazing. Gut wrenching. Emotional. Beautiful. I love when I get an ARC that is so amazing, I'm going out of my mind to get the next book. Jenni Moen is a terrific writer and I love her characters.

Alexis Harper is a junior associate at a law firm in New York. One night after work she meets a guy named Adam Hale at The Library, a bar around the corner from her work. She
Jane Barron
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**** EROTICA BOOK CLUB REVIEW ****

Remembering Joy
by Jenni Moen

Alexis Harper is tortured by her past and can't quite get over it even though she can't really remember that dreaded day. Adam remembers that day all too well and when he sees Alexis in a bar the idea of revenge comes to him. Make her fall in love with him and break her heart and screwing with her job.
As Adam and Alexis get closer Adam finds himself been torn in two. How can you love someone and despise them at the same time!

This is
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Bindings (Bindings, #1)
  • Knot (Wake Family, #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Saving Amy
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
  • Freeing Tuesday (Save Me, #2)
  • Rainfall
  • This Sky
  • Nocturne
  • Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)
  • Room 212
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Fragile Bonds
Jenni Moen lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three crazy, exuberant kids who have the potential to burn the house down at any moment.

When she’s not chauffeuring kids around town, performing her mom duties as a short order cook and maid, or vacuuming for her fastidious husband, she hammers away at her keyboard. Most of the time, she's up to no good, but every now and then a new book is born.

Joy (2 books)
  • Finding Joy (Joy, #2)
“Her fingers gripped my back. I knew that there would be marks, but I didn’t care. She could leave her mark. I wanted her to. No one else would ever touch me again. No one else would ever touch her. I wanted to mark her for myself.” 6 likes
“Say it, forget it; write it, regret it,” my mother had always said.” 4 likes