Start by marking “Embark (King Arthurs and her Knights, #4)” as Want to Read:
Embark (King Arthurs and her Knights, #4)

Embark

(King Arthur and Her Knights #4)

With the long awaited arrival of the Round Table, Britt introduces questing and a code of honor to her young knights. While Britt tries to sneak off on the first Order of the Round Table quest with Sir Gawain, King Pellinore, and the newly knighted Sir Tor, Merlin receives word of a threat against Britt’s life coming from the north.

Tensions are high with Sir Lancelot act
Published January 27th 2015 by Take Out the Trash

To ask other readers questions about Embark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embark

Start your review of Embark (King Arthurs and her Knights, #4)
Alison
I love this series by KM Shea about King Arthur and his knights but I have to say in my opinion this is the weakest so far. It's still a great, fun and engaging read but I felt like not a huge amount happened.

Guinevere and the round table have finally arrived at Camelot and no surprises about which of the two King Arthur is happiest about. The scene where they both arrive and Arthur walks right past Guenivere was hilarious. Other than introducing the concept of the round table to the knights and
Lynn
**Review of the series as a whole rather than the individual books.**

KM Shea lets you know right up front what her stories will be. They will be some type of fantasy (usually), end happily and neatly tied up and are meant as a break from life rather than to be deep thinking. This series delivered exactly what was promised.

This is more of a series of novellas except for the last book that is full length. It's a fun story reimagining the King Arthur Legend. In it, a young woman named Britt is brou
Kara
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though I'm loving the entire series, I think Embark is my favorite book of the bunch :) The round table has finally arrived with Guinevere and it's hilarious how Britt greets it over the princess with all her knights watching. Britt makes someone unexpected a knight and then has EVERY knight take an oath at the round table, GREAT scene and SO WELL WRITTEN!!

More and more women are learning Britt's secret but so far everyone is respecting the secret. Merlin and Kay are more protective of Brit
Maria
It's been a long time since I indulged myself with Britt's story. I truly missed her and Merlin but I resist myself from reading this when it came out earlier this year because I know it will just torture me to wait for the next book to come out.

Embark started off a few weeks where Embittered left off. Guinevere is now in the court and so is the Round Table. I'm so excited with this additional character, unfortunately, Guinevere and Lancelot wasn't in the picture all the time. I am not complaini
Erin
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a strong continuation

This is a fantastic series. I didn't even mind buying the 4th book on its own after purchasing the first 3 in a bundle.

One of the things that sets this series apart is that Britt, our protagonist, is more than just a narrator things happen to, she is an enjoyable character to follow. Oftentimes I find I like the male lead, but the female feels like more of a plot decide than a person--happily that is not the case with Britt Arthurs. She is a rational woman in her mid-twenti
Jemma
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like how detailed Shea is with the Arthur legends, every minor character was in some legend or another.

These books are quite fun and enjoyable to read. Not high quality writing I'm afraid, but Ms Shea does quite well for the target audience.

I reckon I'd like to make these into a TV series one day...
Mary Kyle
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good reads

First of all Ms Shea's retelling are fresh & well developed still fit the original stories. She puts very interesting twists in. This series, retelling the legend of King Arthur is a great example. Arthur is actually a 20 year old female from the 21st century who was pulled back in time when she accidentally draws the sword from the stone. The real Arthur has run away so Britt Arthurs must take his place. That is the basic premise. This is book 3 of the series & I look forward to
Sarah Ruth
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series! I got the first book free somehow, and was totally hooked. To be clear, when I saw the title and heard the synopsis I totally eye rolled. Really -King Arthur is a girl and time transported?!! But then I read it and I LOVE the series. The twists from the original story were great- a sexy Merlin? It took some getting used to, but now #yesplease. And sometimes when life is hard or I’m dealing with conflict, I think “what would Brit Arthurs do?” I highly recommend the whol ...more
Cali
This book (this series) is surprisingly solid and good. I like the characters, the plot, the mythology, all of it. Basically, it’s not 5 stars because it’s not a great book. It’s somewhat simple, the writing isn’t amazing and I’m not considering rereading the series. The books are also really short, I read 3 in one day. But this works out well because they’re all on kindle unlimited and the entire series has already been published. No worries on the waiting for the next book front.
Celaena
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isn't it weird that the most important part in this book for me was, that Britt had to tell her crush, that she has a crush?

There happens so much in this book. I can not even beginn to name a few.

But I really like that we get a few looks at the point of view of other people as well. Especially Merlin.

OK next book.
May
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this one! Britt does more adventuring out with her knights, and eventually Merlin finds out that Britt likes him. They end up fighting, but in the end, Merlin realizes he cares for her too. I really liked the development!
Francis
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent series

This is an excellent series with readers that are interested in action, a little romance, and a very strong female lead. It lacks gore and racy details, but that only makes the plot stronger!
Andrée-ann
I have to say, Britt's stories never disappoint. This story sucked me in and I don't want to get free.

Really it's a light, delightful, easy read with great characters. Really, I feel like my time is well spent when I am reading it.
Brittany Jean
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“People usually don’t deserve it; that’s why it’s called mercy. I hope you will remember this feeling and offer mercy to others as a result- even when they hurt you and cause you pain.”

Britt Arthurs and her knights are making me a better person. Highly recommend for a quick uplifting read!
C.M.
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome story. Love all of K.M. Shea's works.
Cindy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series

Short but fun read about Arthur/Britt. Her feelings for Merlin get more complicated even while someone tries to kill her.
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
4/7 Oh, Merlin, you idiot boy.
Melanie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this installment of the King Arthur series! K. M Shea is doing remarkable with this series!
Lisa
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Long live king Britt aurthers

💘 love love love love love love love love this book and it's good read recommend it to anyone who like king Arthur and a strong female lead
Kati
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such bad editing. But such a good story. I'm hooked!
Tricia Mingerink
These books just keep getting better and better! If you like BBC's Merlin, then you will love this amazing retelling of the King Arthur legends!
Melanie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yeet

Really good book, K. M. Shay you are an awesome author! Can’t wait to see what else you create! (ignore the title of this review.)

AR
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great read

Another great book in the series. More plots are unfolding and some romance which I was looking forward to. Looking forward to where the series goes next.
Diana
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
The series is alright, I like Britt and I'm curious how her adventures will end.
Robyn
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Ms. Shea has done it again, another spectacular instalment.
First, I must comment on the cover. It is gorgeous! I love the colours and the contrast of the minimalistic picture and the elaborate font.

Britt began as an excessively loveable character in Enthroned and her adventures through three more books has not made her any less loveable. I love her strength and courage, her humour and her unwavering faith in those closet to her. She is one of the most well-written and entirely reali
Michelle
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I am still having a lot of fun with this series. Britt is a fun and clever heroine and there is plenty of action to go around. This time we get to focus more on knights questing. Also I was excited that there may possibly be some ship for Britt and Merlin.
Anna
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok, to be honest,this was my least favorite of the series so far. There was absolutely no plot beyond the whole Merlin/Britt fiasco.
I dunno, maybe a third of the way through the book, Merlin finds out that Britt is in love with him, and makes a big fuss. Britt gets all indignant over his reaction, and they don't talk for a while. Then, BOOM, there is an assassination attempt and they become friends again.
For most of the book, I found myself wanting them to kiss and make up, literally.
Really, I t
Jessi
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arthurian-legend
I want the next one.

I was so happy to find out that this was available. it had been so long since I had read the last one that I had feared I wouldn't remember it, but I did and this was fantastic.
I knew a little something something would happen with Britt and Merlin. Merlin is just too young and handsome for it not to. I hope their relationship progresses.
And Lancelot is just a douche bag...

and I had to increase my reading goal to 28 because this is a book that's less than 200 pages so as "puni
Liza
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This time is all about establishing the Round Table and getting the knights to begin their good works and acts of bravery through out the kingdom, especially Lancelot so he will leave. Britt struggles with her growing attraction to Merlin and the conflicts of what she believes should happen to make history accurate and what is happening. Will history be correct or is it just legend and fact mixed together?

• An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • A Bear's Bride (Entwined Tales, #3)
  • The Desperate Quest (Second Age of Retha, #2)
  • The Luckless (Second Age of Retha, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Princess (Entwined Tales, #6)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • A Little Mermaid (Entwined Tales, #5)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
  • Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
  • Voyage (The Kingdom Chronicles #6)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • The Revived (Second Age of Retha, #3)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Ellie and the Prince (Faraway Castle, #1)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
K.M. Shea is going progressively bald from pulling all of her hair out when she writes.

She has a BA in Print Journalism and a minor in Japanese. She's worked as a freelance reporter, a librarian, a blogger, and an author. She lives in the country with Perfect Dog.

King Arthur and Her Knights (7 books)
  • Enthroned (King Arthur and Her Knights, #1)
  • Enchanted (King Arthur and Her Knights, #2)
  • Embittered (King Arthur and Her Knights, #3)
  • Enlighten (King Arthur and Her Knights, #5)
  • Endeavor (King Arthur and Her Knights, #6)
  • Endings (King Arthurs and Her Knights, #7)

News & Interviews

“People usually don’t deserve it, that’s why it’s called mercy.” 20 likes
“the stables. “My Lord,” he said, sketching a bow to Britt. “A guest has just arrived at Camelot. A Royal guest—a lady!” the young boy said, looking horrified. Britt held back a groan, but couldn’t stop her expression of disdain. “Inform the lady I am busy with kingly affairs and send Merlin to greet her.” “Merlin already has greeted her,” the page said, his eyes bulging. “She hit him with a club.” “Never mind, I shall meet this curious lady myself,” Britt said, brushing horse hair from her clothes.” 8 likes