Start by marking “Contrite (Contrite, #1)” as Want to Read:
Contrite (Contrite, #1)

Contrite

(Contrite #1)

Published April 6th 2015 by Self (first published March 31st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Contrite, please sign up.

Start your review of Contrite (Contrite, #1)
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I honestly don't know what to say or how to rate this book. I can really see it being a ⭐️ or ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. I am in an emotional spiral.

This book is intense and seriously all over, from beginning, middle and end I did a lot of

And yet I'm literally sitting in the dark trying to figure out if I want to slap my husband, kiss my husband, punch my mother...

It is hard to be mad when a book can totally mind fuck you.

honestly, this book isn't for everyone
Fathima
4.5 what the hell happened stars !!!

This book ..... !!!!

screaming gif photo: Boy Meets World Scared.gif

There is crazy and then there is THE CRAZY ! And Contrite is THE CRAZY !!

The blurb pretty much covers everything you need to know to get started . And boy let me tell you Contrite is a fast paced , no breather - thriller with some prett-ay steamy moments ! I started it this morning and I devoured it by the time night-time rolled out !

I was a little confused about Clove's character because of certain things she did . I mean .. Fuck
Renee Dyer
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt like a book dragged you through the ringer, raked you over a grater, and bashed you off the rocks, yet you kept going back for more because what you’re reading had you so blown away you’re afraid to even blink between words? Contrite is that book. It was so full of twists and turns and OMG-did that really happen moments, I found myself gripping my couch cushions and digging my nails into my legs just to keep myself grounded while I read on. Kathy Coopmans so masterfully wrote ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 14, 2015 marked it as top-tbr
Love the summary.... I can't wait. I hope she becomes a new favorite author

------------

What happens when the man you’re married to isn’t the man you married anymore? Clove Calloway knows within an hour of picking up her husband Turner from the airport that something is different. Yet she can't pin point what. Together since College, they know everything about each other. So why has she spent the last few days watching everything he does, hoping for a clue? What could have happened within that we
lizparker
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: twists, wtf
this book is messed up. man is this book a total mind fuck. It was different and a lot of twists and turns. original for sure. did I like it? Well, I hated the ending so it ruined a lot of how I felt about the book. To each their own.
*Just found out there is going to be a sequel. Not sure how I feel about that either..
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This book was surprisingly amazing! It's funny but it was recommended to me through an email from Amazon and I'm thrilled that I got to take advantage of it through my KU account.

One thing I can say about this book is that the writing style is definitely unique. It is so different from ANYTHING I've ever read before. It's narrated first person POV by the heroine, which was a bit disconcerting because her inner thoughts drove me nuts. There was enough craziness happening throughout the story and
Nikki ღ Navareus
I freaking loved this story. It was hot as hell. And yeah, I know I will be in the minority, but I love Trent. I'm pulling for him all the way. I forgive him for all his fucked up twisted-ness. He's awesome. Can't wait to see what happens with him and Clove in the sequel.
Three Chicks
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jen Hagen

I have no words…No words at all…I am thrown up against the wall with my mouth hanging wide open after completing this book. Here’s my dirty little secret – I almost always skip to the ending of a book to find out how it ends; but every once in a while I like torture myself and read a book without knowing how it is going to end. I made up my mind that I was going to go in blind with this book and take myself on the wild ride from the first page all the way through to the end.
Angie
Apr 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible. The writing was amateurish. I figured out the twist immediately but I don't think I was supposed to. (view spoiler) The ending was an eye-rolling cliffy...or not. I'm not sure. Needless to say I won't be reading the next book if there is one. This is the first time I've returned a book that I've read. Don't waste your time. ...more
Raj
Apr 07, 2015 added it
got the book...

then I read the ending....

Re-read the ending again..

Oh...something's wrong....

Why did it end like that?

Oh no... it's how the story ended!!!

Ain't gonna read it....

I want HEA!!!
sara j
2 stars...

the beginning of book is good but middle and end has so many flaws....alot of things are unclear and I found heroine of the story total doormat.....
SB CS
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
It could've been great but it went wrong
This is the story about Clove and how her life changes after his husband makes a work trip without her.
I really thought I was going to like the book, it has a lot of 5 stars reviews and the blurb sounded really good. However, I have so many issues with the story and I'm going to start with what doesn't give the plot away. When I cannot do that, read after the spoiler alert.
- The book is too descriptive and it makes it repetitive. That makes it tiresome a
T.H.
Let me start off by saying I loved every page of this story line, its left me speechless since last night when I finished reading it.

Contrite is my favorite book of 2015 by far.

After I reached the final page my emotions were scattered, I was dumbfounded and stupefied by this roller coaster of a story. From page one I was captured, intrigued and couldn't stop reading till I knew what was going to happen.

I'm in awe of this author and so proud of this book...BRILLIANT!!!

Clove and Turner have a l
Helen Dempsey
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unknown

I was sceptical about the book at first until I began to see the plot emerging.
It is a gripping page turner that will have you sucked in to the world of infatuation, greed,hatred and a heartbreak end.
You will be shocked by the ending, I was!!
Heading on to Contrite (book2)
Kirsty
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
What the hell have I just read. I'd heard it was a book like no other. I devoured the book, waiting for the bomb to drop. And when it did, I was gutted! I can't decide if I loved it or hated it. Either way it got me feeling.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.50 -5.00. Madness. Mayhem. Mindfuckery. The ending…WTF? Is it really over? Is there a sequel planned? OMFG I need to know if certain characters are really alive/dead. This book was absolute KINDLE CRACK.
Julie
***** 5+ WTF STARS *****

Want a hot as hell mystery that you can't put down? CHECK

Dirty talking sexy alpha? CHECK

Some amazing sex? CHECK

A true panty melter? CHECK

Then you have stumbled across just the perfect mystery!

YOU NEED THIS TO BEGIN

PREPARE:

EXPECT

THE CLIFFHANGER IS A HUGE...

Lonnie
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Turner Calloway had everything he ever wanted in life. College graduate in Accounting, owns his own firm with his soul-mate and wife. His business is great, family life is amazing. Until he leave for one out of town business trip and his wife decides to stay behind.

Clove Calloway was living the perfect dream life. She was married to her best friend. Turner was everything you could ask for in a partner in personal and professional lives. He needed to make a business trip for a week and this trip
Eye Candy Bookstore
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book completely f'ed me up. But in the most tortured, good way possible. I actually finished it yesterday but needed a good 24 hours to compose myself and sit down to write this review. Two negative reviews have been left for this book and both I have to disagree with so implicitly- this book MAY have hinted at what they plot was to it, but it totally was NOT completely obvious. The end MAY have been completely mind boggling, but it IS very worth reading and waiting on pins and needles for ...more
Teresa Sewell
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
There needs be half scores! I would definitely rate this story a 4 1/2!! Contrite was one of my top reads of 2015. At every page turn this erotic suspense thriller leaves you shaking your head going "WTF!!" The entire story is full of twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat. As soon as you think that you have it figured out the story flips in another direction. I was unable to put it down!!
Clove and her husband Turner have been never been apart for more than week since they
Cindy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow.. This is one of THOSE books. The kind that leaves you speechless at the end and still thinking about it hours and even days later.

Its so hard to write a review about a book like this because it’s an “experience” book. You as a reader need to experience every single thing yourself as your reading it. To talk in depth about this book would give away to many spoilers. But its soo worth the read.

My best advice is to read the blurb.. I’d like to give you a few warnings but I wont. Well maybe o
Book Club Gone Wrong
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start. My mind is still spinning after this amazingly twisted story! Author Kathy Coopmans warned us all. She gave all her fans the heads up. I was prepared to be mind-blown. No I was not. This book is on another level of intense drama. I loved it. I am not giving anything away with this review. So I am going to say this. Read it. Read it as soon as possible. It's worth the book hanger in every way. When I finished this I just stared at my walls in quit, trying to calm ...more
Heather Panty dropping Book Blog
Mind blowing! Not what I expected. Contrite is full of twist and turns. Kathy Coopmans writing in this book is amazing and totally different from her other books. I had to go back and re-read it again because the first time I was shocked and stunned and had to make sure I didn't miss something. Without spoilers all I have to say really is WTF just happened???? I'm still going over it all in my head!
Kim
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
WTF did I just read? I'm so confused. Very unique storyline that I enjoyed until the last 1/4 of the book. From there, even though it should be climatic, I found myself checking my reading process because it wasn't holding my interest. And that ending? HUH?
Melanie
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really hope there is a part 2, because this book really owes me. Has me feeling some type of way.... Not happy with the mind Fuckery it ended with. IJS....
Antonija
Mar 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
*SPOILER ALERT*

This book had an opportunity to be a layered pschyological thriller with bits of romance but instead we got superficially described characters, a plot that seems to be written for a movie that would probably be rated somewhere around 4 on IMDb.
When I started to read it, yes, I admit, it was interesting but right off the bat there was sex, and there continued to be so freaking much of it. Every. Single. Day.
She pickes up her husband from the airport and has a feeling someting is
Pam
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WHOA!!! I'm not sure I even have words to describe how I feel about this book!! Holy hell! I have read books before that people called a mind f*ckery, but this? THIS! BOOK!! I finished yesterday and my mind is still reeling! I loved the characters and felt like I was living this drama right there with them. And over-the-top hot sex, WOW! I highly recommend this to those that aren't squeamish and can stand a good thriller!
Cathy
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how to write a review about this book, if I tell you about the characters it would involve giving some of the story away and I wouldn't want to do that, you should experience the shocks exactly the way I did!

This book takes you on a journey you wouldn't believe, it will seriously mess with your mind! Its all kinds of messed up, but in a good way................I think!

not for the faint hearted, there are some triggers involved, but if you can handle some darkness its definitely wort
Nicky
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap - this book is like a tidal wave leaving your head spinning. It pulls you in, spits you out and reels you back in. Loved it despite it all......!
✴ Cindy ✴
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tstl-heroine
Overly dramatic dialogue.
Stupid Heroine who mouths off to kidnappers and gets herself in worse shape.
Author defined heroines worth in sexual terms.
Not recommended.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Saving Barrette
  • Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
  • Don't Be Afraid
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Letting Go
  • Lock & Key (Lock & Key, #1)
  • Sordid (Sordid, #1)
  • Rich Prick
  • Wolfsgate
  • Random & Rare (Lock & Key, #2)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Regrets (The Sterlings, #1)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes, #1)
  • Moonshot
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

Contrite (2 books)
  • Reprisal (Contrite, #2)