Start by marking “One Night (Only You, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Night (Only You, #1)

One Night

(Only You #1)

When she lost it all, Jess decided to cope by living a lie.

But you can’t keep on pretending forever…

Twenty-one-year-old Jess used to have everything—a loyal best friend, a boyfriend she loved, and a future that was right on track. But in a single night, her whole world changed.

Now, Jess lives for the impersonal connection of drunken hook-ups and to-go coffee cups in the
Published April 21st 2015 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night

Start your review of One Night (Only You, #1)
Mandy
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I'm not really sure how to rate this book. On one hand, I really enjoyed the story. Adam was an awesome hero. He is an injured college basketball player who is going through physical therapy. Jess is studying to become a physical therapist and she's assisting Adams PT and they meet and have an instant connection and strike up a friendship. Adam is unlike a lot of the heroes in this genre. He's not a manwhore, he's trying to recover from his injury. I can't say enough how much I really liked Adam ...more
Jessica
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
It's books like this one that completely ruin me when it comes to men. Because Adam Carson is the ultimate folks. Sigh. He's pretty much my dream guy. He not only plays basketball, but he enjoys watching The Vampire Diaries, is drop dead gorgeous and oh so very patient. He really stole my heart which made me want to throttle Jess all the more for her shenanigans.

While Jess drove me a little crazy with her back and forth, I didn't overly dislike her character. I felt for her. She has endured a ve
Risbee
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Y'all. My love for this book! I started it this morning...yes THIS MORNING...thinking it would be good and fine and I'd add it to my read list and then move on.

I can't even begin to get my feelings out.

Review to come.

Reanell Tisdale
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 blown away stars!

A.J. Has done it again. One Night was pure perfection!

I always know I'm going to fall in love with a book when A.J. Pine is the author. Her writing style has me hooked line and sinker. Her ability to write sweet romance is mind blowing. And with One Night the H is the sweetest guy. It's not very often you have the heroine be the 1 night stand type. But with Jess, she is a broken mess who can only handle 1-night with somebody. Her past has shaped her into a person who doesn't
A.J. Pine
Feb 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
***SALE*** ONE NIGHT is on sale for a limited time for 99 pennies at all e-retailers!

I'm so excited to share Jess and Adam's story with you. This book is very near and dear to my heart. I hope it finds a place in yours.

Celeste
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received an advance copy from the publisher, but that did not influence the reveiw**

4.5 swoony stars This book was exactly what I needed. It was so up my alley and the romantic in me is so happy. It’s a love story that spoke to my heart and made me fall in love right along side of Adam and Jess. There was definitely a lot of push and pull, but it was done in a way that was realistic and made their journey such a good one.

Jess and Adam both
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
It is a known fact that whenever AJ has a new book out, you fall madly in love with it.

-------------

REVIEW TIME!

Review can also be found here: http://www.hopelessbooklovers.com/hap...

A.J. Pine’s books have taken a big place in my heart. Forever. They are just so easy to get into. You get swept away by the way of the story and before you know it, it’s over, and you have to wait for more.

Amy is such a great writer. I love the way she gives us unusual characters and turns them into something els
Terri
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

**I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is April 21st 2015**

Every once in a while a character comes along that sticks out from all of the others that you have read. This story had one with the character of Jess. Let me tell you I wanted to slap her in to another hemisphere, then drop kick her for her selfishness and all sorts of other h
Beatrice Masaluñga
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
Thank you NetGalley and InterMix for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The story is cliche and the writing style is decent and an easy read. However, the main character just annoyed the heck out of me. Jess Elliott have issues, I get it. It's not new to me certain characters have issues for example; bad breakups, best friend betrays, traumatic past.. etc. and Jess experienced it. What happened to her is depressing. I understand but what gets in my nerves is the way she handle suc
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Good guy hero who is pretty great.

The heroine though - man - I tried realllly hard to like her. She can't commit to the hero because of something in her past - unfortunately we don't learn what that is until the 3/4 mark of the book. I think the readers needed to know this info earlier because she is hard to like.

I like the author's voice and will def read another by her, but I had a hard time with this heroine.

Review coming
Megan Erickson
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-new-adult
I adore this book. I was lucky to read an ARC and I couldn't put it down. When I *had* to put it down to do, like, stupid life stuff, I was THINKING about the book. And Jess and Adam. They still remain one of my fave NA couples.

Such an amazing story and it's written so well, because, really, AJ Pine writes effortlessly and flawlessly. Love. this. book.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Bittersweet romance. Eventhough I had it figured out pretty fast what was behind Jess' behavior it was still a very good read. Extremly enganging and well written.
Anne Huart (Books & Tea)
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

*An ARC was given to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

It's the first time I read a book by A.J. Pine. Big, big, big first impression !!

One night was a captivating read. I couldn't help falling in love with its characters, and really appreciated the quality of A.J. Pine's writing.
I couldn't put the book down, and suffered a huge book hangover afterwards.

Jess and Adam were so special, their story went straight to my heart.
"Be my future, Jess," he sa
Kristen Johnson
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tour

I was given a copy of this book for review. All thoughts are my own.

One Night brings us the story of two different people, Adam and Jess brought together by chance. Adam is dealing with a loss of self in away and sees in Jess someone he wants to get to know.

Jess tries to be a loner, keeping to herself, never trying to find out about others, keeping mum on details about herself. But slowly she starts to open up to not only her roommate but Adam as well. At first the three of them sort of find a
Erin
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book and I came to not only appreciating the story on a whole (not to mention the topic it explores through the book's main character) but also the inner conflicts of the characters which were written very nicely too. So I would most definitely recommend this book to everyone. I really enjoyed it.

4.5 stars!
Lia Riley
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In a word--fabulous. ONE NIGHT is an evocative portrait of loss and the healing power of love. Readers will find themselves cheering for Jess and swooning for Adam. One of my favorite New Adult reads of 2015.
BookHookup
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

Jess and Adam both
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4 I adore Adam Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Intermix/Penguin Group

This was my first A.J. Pine and it won't be my last.

Jess is broken. Very very broken. She's trying to survive the best way she can by running when things get to tough. It's her only coping mechanism otherwise she breaks even more.

Adam has been hurt but the only thing that keeps him going is basketball so when there is chance that he may lose that as well, he breaks a bit too.

A chance meeting and a spark of hop
Maria Rose
This emotionally complex romance is the story of Jess and Adam. Jess has experienced a trauma in her life that has left her emotionally scarred and unable to commit to anything with a man more than a one night stand. When she meets Adam, an injured basketball player as part of her physiotherapy school rotation, his obvious interest in her is something she is unsure how to deal with. It's only a matter of time before the sparks between them lead to something more than friendship. But will Jess's ...more
Lindy
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

One Night is the first book I've read by A.J. Pine and I really enjoyed it. This story was told soley from the leading female character, Jess' perspective. We learn that something heartbreaking occurred in her life, which resulted in her break-up with her long-term serious boyfriend Bryan and the disintegration of the friendship with her former roommate and best friend, Ashley.

Ever since that fateful event, Jess keeps to herself. She avoids relationships, and has frequent hook-ups,
Sharon
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars

One Night was pleasant surprise, with an engaging storyline and relatable characters I was hooked from the very first page.

Our MC is twenty-one year old Jess, studying to be a Physical Therapist she is struggling to move on from a painful incident from her past, she has regrets and she knows pain but she's also the type of person you'd love as a friend with her kindness, humour and compassion.

Adam Carson was the perfect boyfriend material, smexy, understanding and acce
Amy
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
One Night follows the story of Jess and Adam. Once upon a time, Jess had the perfect life: a great boyfriend, amazing best friend and a bright future. The sky was the limit. That was until one night, everything changed. Now Jess is just a shell of the person she used to be. She’s damaged, broken, unloveable…or so she thinks. She doesn’t let any men get close to her. They only get one night. One night for her to pretend that everything is normal. The one thing she wasn’t ready or prepared for was ...more
Vangelina
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Painful Reads

One Night went way beyond my all but one of my expectations. My biggest expectation was to cry, with mucus and blurry eyes and fat cheeks, the works, but gladly none of that happened.
Don't get me wrong this book was sad, but it wasn't "OHMYGOSH MY BABIES" sad, it was more along the lines of "Aww my poor babies". Besides that, everything about this beauty was gold.
The writing was spectacular. It seems as if AJ Pine's writing improves every time she writes
Kassiah
Loved this!

5 stars.

Even though it's only March, I know this will be one of my favorite books of the year. I love it so much I can hardly stand it!

Jess had a perfect life until one night changed everything. Now, believing she doesn't deserve anything more, she has a strict one-night rule--guys only get one night with her, and that's it.
He was the one. I saw my life mapped out with him beside me. Instead I have to-go cups and boys with maps that lead only to one place--my bedroom.

She doesn't pla
Irene
5 stars

One Night was such a good read! Loved it, so many feels.

This was an emotional and heartwarming read, it had me turning the pages until 4am, I just couldn't put it down until I finished.

Loved both Jess and Adam, they were both characters that touched me and even though at times I wanted to yell at Jess I totally understood her fear and didn't blame her for having those insecurities.

Adam was just perfect, I loved everything about him. He was patient, loving, a great friend and he was the pe
Natalie
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the most intense, touching, gorgeous new adult romances I think I've ever read. Adam is the type of jock we don't see often enough reflected in NA: a guy who loves his sport, who loves to play, who doesn't take advantage of his status as a top basketball player. He's strong and caring, and not afraid to deal with the tough topics, not afraid of Jess who is dealing with her own daemons. I refuse to spoil the amazing secret, but let's just say that it's something we don't see o ...more
Amber Hughes
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
**4-4.5 stars** This is one of those books that I didn't want to put down. I stayed up late to finish and I don't regret it one bit. I'm such a fan of A.J's books. Adam...well all I can say is; if you're looking for a new book boyfriend, here he is. Loved his character. His personality and the way he sticks by Jess through everything and won't give up on her. Jess has some pretty serious things she needs to heal from and it's a battle, but with a wonderful supporting cast of characters, she's go ...more
Sheryl C. Nash
Feb 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
*NETGALLEY*
Kim
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

One Night has been on my TBR for freaking ages. Truthfully, I'm actually embarrassed by how long it took me to get around to it. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't quite love for me.

My biggest issue with One Night was that I struggled to connect with Jess. I can't pinpoint exactly why I didn't connect with her however. I didn't dislike her character. In fact, the longer the book went on the more I sympathized with her. Unfortunately, I also got
Marie
Find this and other reviews at Ramblings of a Daydreamer.

I adored AJ Pine’s first two books, If Only and What If. She writes great, complex characters with real life issues, and One Night was no exception. One Night is an emotional story about two people who were broken in their own way, but who helped each other learn how to heal.

Jess is haunted by many personal demons. Her life changed two years ago, and since then she’s kept people at arm’s length to keep her heart safe. She never fully let
« previous 1 3 next »

• Once Gone (Riley Paige #1)
  • Once Taken (Riley Paige #2)
  • Falling Deep (Nelson Island, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • Perfect Chaos
  • Love with Me (With Me In Seattle, #11)
  • Badd Business (Badd Brothers, #10)
  • Badd Medicine (Badd Brothers #11)
  • Badd Boy (Badd Brothers, #8)
  • Badd to the Bone (Badd Brothers, #3)
  • Badd Luck (Badd Brothers, #5)
  • Badd Motherf*cker (Badd Brothers, #1)
  • Good Girl Gone Badd (Badd Brothers, #4)
  • Badd Mojo (Badd Brothers, #6)
  • Badd Ass (Badd Brothers, #2)
  • Big Badd Wolf (Badd Brothers, #7)
  • Rate a Date (Dating, #5)
  • Badd Kitty (Badd Brothers, #9)
A teen librarian by day and a romance writer by night, A.J. Pine can’t seem to escape the world of fiction, and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s the author of the If Only series (Entangled Embrace), the Only You series (Berkley/Intermix), the Kingston Ale House series (Entangled Select), and the Crossroads Ranch series (Forever Romance). When she finds that 25th hour in the day, she might ...more

Only You (2 books)
  • One Life (Only You, #2)

News & Interviews