Start by marking “Reckless (Tracy Whitney #3)” as Want to Read:
Reckless (Tracy Whitney #3)

Reckless

(Tracy Whitney #3)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sidney Sheldon’s most popular and enduring heroine—Tracy Whitney of If Tomorrow Comes and Sidney Sheldon’s Chasing Tomorrow—finds herself caught in a nefarious and far-reaching scheme involving international terrorism and corruption in this compelling thriller packed with heart-stopping twists and breathtaking action

Once upon a time, Tr
Published November 10th 2015 by William Morrow (first published October 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.
Julie Spy agencies from across the world, working to stop a terror group.

Start your review of Reckless (Tracy Whitney #3)
Aditi
"Everyone knows that fracking poisons the air and water. We wanted to show how it tears apart local communities and subverts democracies and corrupts political leaders and eviscerates all the things that Americans value."

----Matt Damon

Tilly Bagshawe, an English bestselling writer, who is holding up Sheldon's legacy as a best-selling author of so many crime fiction books. Tilly Bagshawe, herself, is an author, but claimed to fame, when she became the torch bearer of Sidney Sheldon's books even
Megha C
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Tracy Whitney is dull, Jeff Stevens simply sleeps around. Both of them are recruited by rival investigation agencies to hunt a Hunter Drexel. Both of them start travelling a lot looking for this guy. There is a group 99 that has a cult following and suddenly turns violent.
Does this sound rather vague to you??
Well that's what the book is like.
Come on...Sidney Sheldon heroines are exciting, intelligent and physically super attractive.
Take that all away and what you have left is a main character th
Pooja
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pooja by: Monalisa Sharma
Shelves: mystery, 100-pages
I wanted to read this book for a very long time and it took me a very long time to do so.

My expectations from the third installment of Tracy Whitney Series were super high that got me disappointed. The story dwelled between dull to exciting to plain. I've liked Tracy too much to see her being manipulated at the hand of every character in it.

Last two pages, I didn't see them coming. So three stars, for that!
Maryann Fox
A deadly game of cat and mouse begins when 2 Americans are kidnapped by a terrorist group: Group 99 believed to be funded by a mysterious woman named Althea.

One of the men is murdered on live tv and the other escapes and then refuses to be rescued by the American rescue troops.

Thus the chase is on to find Althea, the American: Hunter Drexel and to uncover the reason behind Group 99 which has to do with corruption at the highest level of several worldwide governments and the oil fracking business
Tim
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's too bad that after a fine first half, this novel degrades from heartache to hardship and losing two stars. 6 of 10 stars
Ray Palen
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
When author Sidney Sheldon passed away in 2007 he was the 7th best-selling author of all-time. His success spanned multiple platforms and earned him an Oscar, a Tony and an Edgar Award. His name was synonymous with crime thrillers and he owned the Best Seller's list throughout the 1970's.

Sheldon's work was also as well known for steamy and sultry sex scenes as they were for nail-biting suspense. Through it all, strong women always emerged as the central characters in most of his work. Author Til
Deana Dick
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Sidney Sheldon books for a long time. I was sad to hear of his passing. When I saw a new book with his name on it I was very curious to see how the writing would be. It had the feel of his unique writing and I became instantly intrigued.

We again get to read about Tracy Whitney. She had a gift of being a con artist that she did with ease. She left that behind to work with the CIA. At least she can put her talents to good use now with inside knowledge of how these people thin
Jigar Doshi
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Among all the books that I've read by Sidney Sheldon, 'If Tomorrow Comes' has been my favorite. And Tracy Whitney, my favorite protagonist.
She's smart, intelligent, a con-artist who's always been two steps ahead of those chasing her, always able to wriggle herself out of the dangers with her wit and charm. Her heists were all impossible until she had carried them off and the owners proud for having foolproof security, but nothing could be safe if Tracy had her eyes on it. And with Jeff Stevens,
Anuradha Singh
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I would have given the book just 2.5 stars out of 5, but it was either 2 or 3 so gave the author an one up and gave the book 3 stars instead. Reckless though well written disappointed me on the story front and how it progressed. While the writer spent useless amount of pages talking about a character and their relationship (Tracy, Nicholas, Cameron, Cameron's wife...) she left the story half ended.

I am very much happy to read stories which are open ended, but these were just ridiculous. You kil
Yulia Windayani
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I like it a lot!!

Finally, I find again the great Tracy Whitney mind.
Under her sadness and frustration, she still shows her ability to "cheat" the system and shame the government.

My fave part, of course, when Tracy and Jeff decide to start everything all over again.

I'm about to give 4 stars, but there are some details that irritate me since it is not fit with the previous series. Such as, when it describes that Daniel Cooper is a crazy FBI agent, meanwhile on the first book, Cooper is an Insuran
Rushi Joshi
Catchy. The protagonist Tracy is a great character. Her love interest Jeff is also nice. The mystery is pretty decent and page turning! But to many unnecessary characters!
Jyotish
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Sheldon manages to keep the reader engaged albeit this book is not the sharpest knife in his drawer.

Negatives:

The novel seemed quite lagging while trying to portray the cat-and-mouse play. Especially towards the end, it was tending to abrade, making the reader feel something akin to wearing a pair of sandpaper underpants.

The climax of the novel also fell short of its target. Though he tried to wrap it all up in a pretty parcel of suspense, it did not come through that well, being accompanied by
Asha KRISHNA
A great book. As the dates suggest, it did not take long to get to the end.

Please click on the link below or paste it onto your browser.

Din
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't a fan of the characters in this story. There was no real connection with Tracey or Jeff. The story overall was average. I felt at times the reading was really slow. Didn't at any point feel like I couldn't put this book down.
Neha Oberoi
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick read with enough suspense thrown in to keep you wondering. Airplane or hotel read adequate.
Chris
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, fiction, romance
This is an author that I have read many years ago and considering that the author is no longer with us he doesn't do too bad from the grave. I enjoyed the book since it had everything that I like. A little romance, murder and a who done it. Tracy and Nick make a good team but what happened to get them working together was down right rotten and on top of that in the beginning they were working with opposite teams. Definitely a page turner and a good read.
Lacey
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate the direction this book went in. They plot was dull. There was a lot of running around from place to place but nothing getting accomplished. And if I had to read about one more poker game I was going to throw the book across the room. I did not like what the author turned Jeff into in the end.

I miss the fun guilty pleasure that was the first book. I’m going to pretend the sequels don’t exist and keep the good memories of reading the original.
Niharika Sharma
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book I enjoyed throughout ❤️ A perfect all time thriller
Prathima Deepak
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Another sequel to Sidney Seldon's character, Tracy Witney's story. Though not as good as the previous sequel, Chasing Tomorrow, this book still keeps us hooked to the story. Not a must read book but yet picked it up just to know what can happen to Tracy.
Ashfaq Anwer
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It could have been a 50-100 pages short.
Still a good book to read with a lot of suspense on the way.
Benjamin Thomas
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, e-book
Tracey Whitney, former high-end art/jewelry thief and elite con artist is now content to live peacefully in her lovely Colorado home with her bright but precocious son who has become the center of her life. But in the outside world, a new terror group called Group 99 has gained notoriety by hacking the computer accounts of the top one percent of the wealthy and depositing into the accounts of the less fortunate. This Robin Hood approach is celebrated by many but when they turn violent and begin ...more
Bonnie
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Eh. The problem with this book was that it purported to be a "Tracy Whitney" book. But the Tracy of this book was a far cry from If Tomorrow Comes and even from Bagshawe's Chasing Tomorrow. The intricate, international thriller involving CIA, FBI, MI6 and (sort of oddly) both Tracy and Jeff Stevens was interesting, but this didn't need to be part of Tracy's story. There was little in the way of jewel/art theft, con games, or masquerading as other people, all of which made the original so good. T ...more
Vibha Hegde
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished the one book that I always wanted to read but left it on the shelf to read later!
I was prolonging the journey to meet Tracy Whitney again as the last book Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow Chasing tomorrow left me hanging in a void of WHY??
But now after Reckless, I have one sentence, "Dear Author, Please stop killing some important characters, I love them and if this continues, the book will change to Game Of Thrones with the modern version!"
First thought: Tracy's Back!!! w
Diah Handayani
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like crime with passion fiction, so I've always enjoyed Sidney Sheldon. And I think Tilly Bagshawe did a great job by continue to write the way Sidney write his novel. A good book to read on your relax day!
K
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The new Reckless by Tilly bagshawe is awesome
Loved the book. Once again Tracy is back.
Too good suspense. I loved every inch of this book.
When jeff enters nicks room ( after his death) n finds his shirt and clutches and smells it. That got my eyes wet.
Chemistry btwn tracy and cameron is amazing, they read each other's mind.
But Tracy and Jeff are awesome togather.
The best was suspense maintained till the end .. On who killed Nick.
Nancy Cook  Lauer
I had low expectations starting this book, and the book met them all. Predictable plot. Stereotypical characters and dialogue. When one of the character's "piercing blue" eyes mysteriously changed to probing gray a hundred pages later, I had to interrupt my reading to stop and check if he was wearing contact lenses and did I miss part of his disguise. But no, his eyes stayed gray the rest of the book. Rookie error that didn't help raise the book to average.
Pallavi Bansod
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Isn't Jeff a con artist? Aren't they supposed to not trust anyone. He blindly follows Frank's order. Taps Tracey's(his supposed love) phones., wears wires when with her. He seems so foolish.
Anyways, a feel good novel of trust, love, betrayal and death!
Good ending!
Harpreet
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
The book kept me hooked to a certain point after which it felt dragged and pointless. Too many characters (unnecessary) and way too many twists and turns. It came to a point that I wanted to finish this book somehow. Could have been shorter and simpler.
Grace
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Failed to grip attention from the very start. Pales in comparison to actual Sidney Sheldon's writing. Quite disappointed that the main character seemed rather weak and clueless till the end. Plot was typical, could tell who the bad guys were.
Donna Foster
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
*Received this book in exchange for my review*

An thriller packed with action and clever circumstances from start to finish.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Naked Face
  • The Stars Shine Down
  • A Stranger in the Mirror
  • Bloodline
  • The Other Side of Midnight (Midnight #1)
  • The Sands of Time
  • Are You Afraid of the Dark?
  • Tell Me Your Dreams
  • Windmills of the Gods
  • The Dark Side of Midnight: Featuring The Other Side of Midnight, Rage of Angels, Bloodline
Matilda Emily N. Bagshawe was born on 12 June 1973 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey. She was a single mother at 17, but she won a place at Cambridge University and took Persephone, her ten-month-old baby daughter with her. As a journalist, she went on to enjoy a successful career in London, and contributed regularly to The Sunday Times, D ...more

Tracy Whitney (3 books)
  • If Tomorrow Comes (Tracy Whitney, #1)
  • Chasing Tomorrow (Tracy Whitney #2)