Start by marking “Promise You'll Look After Him” as Want to Read:
Promise You'll Look After Him

Promise You'll Look After Him

Sheriff Stilinski is used to dealing with victims of violent crime. He knows how to approach kids who've been beaten and sexually assaulted.

Except this time it's his son.

It's Stiles.

Teen Wolf fanfic: Derek/Stiles. One shot. Words:9902 Complete.
Reader advisory: Rape, violence, hurt/comfort
Published January 28th 2015 by AO3

To ask other readers questions about Promise You'll Look After Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise You'll Look After Him

Start your review of Promise You'll Look After Him
Rosa, really
Shelves: fanfic-sterek

It's just...

I really just...

I can't even say....

It's just really so very good.

P.S. Out of all the feelz in this fic (seriously, I think Lisa Henry is a feelz-pire) I can't believe it's the fucking Legos that made me cry. (view spoiler)["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Julio Genao
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic
novel, and propulsive, and just plain good to read.

she's on a roll.
Emma Sea
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. Almost no one can make 2nd person pov work. Except Lisa Henry.

Gut wrenching and AWESOME.
MLE
Shelves: fanfiction, teen-wolf
I love this one. I usually don't like second person pov, but it this story it worked to drawn me into the story, and it made the emotions feel immediate, and real. I loved how the author seamlessly flows between past, and present. It really worked well for me, and it gave me such an appreciation for the Sherriff and Stiles relationship, which is one of my favorite parts of the show.

Lilia Ford
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to find words for this. Here's my best shot: It's heartbreaking and comes by the tears honestly.

Here's where I really cracked: "You don't know what I saw," you tell him, "because you weren't there."

Also: "Stiles, Jesus." Hale shakes his head. His voice cracks. "That doesn't matter."

"It matters to me!"

I don't think I'll forget this one. I almost never say that.

Otila
Shelves: sterek, fanfic
"You're part of the team now," you tell him. "Don't fuck it up."

This was just heart wrenching and beautiful and so very amazing.

I'm gonna need some fluff after this.

Jenni Lea

I'll do a review... later. You know, once I stop sobbing and all.
BWT (Belen)
Brilliant.

The story is told from Sheriff Stilinski (Stiles's father) perspective, and is tear-jerkingly, heartbreakingly, beautifully done.

Breaks my damn heart every time I read it. 💔 😭 I love it so much. 😍
Kaje Harper
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sterek again. This one has non-con. Stiles is still 16, if that's a no-go for you. Not an easy read. But this author knows how to create emotion from spare, almost matter-of-fact prose. This one hurts, and heals.

Also one of the best second person and flash-back stories I've read.
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

Ugh, Lisa Henry is a meanie. (That's not true.)

She tried to rip out my heart for funsies. (I hope that's not true.)

She is a sorcerer or a warlock or a witch or something. (That might be true.)

Second person POV kind of freaks me out and sometimes hurts my head, this totally worked and I wasn't confused or annoyed once.

I love Sheriff Stilinski, he is one of my favourite characters in the show and I love his and Stiles relationship.

"He's sixteen. He's allowed to be confused about his sexuality, b
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Shelves: m-m, fanfic, sterek-love
Lisa,

First, Happy Birthday.

description

Second, thank you, thank you, thank you for being a contributing part of our Pack.

So yeah, I wasn't going to read this. I can't deal with my Stiles hurt, and the hurt you wrote was the ultimate. But I knew I had to read this because, the Sheriff.

Somehow, because you are magic I think, you weaved a story so far out of my comfort zone but made it beautiful. If you could read minds, this is how my Sterek would be, you know, minus the MAJOR hurt, but the rest, exactly how
Lori
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brutal. And brilliant. And, I don't know who my heart aches for more - it should be Stiles, but he's a fucking survivor if I've ever seen one. I love him. Broken Stiles is so.....something. So, ephemeral. A fighter, a healer, even if he has to bury the bad so deep, he deals. He wouldn't let anyone beat him, just by virtue of being who he is.

John. The parent's pain. Every fibre of a person's being goes into protecting their children. I can feel every inch of his hurt. Every bit of fear, of failur
Dalia
Shelves: m-m, shifters, sterek-etc
The feels, man.

It hurt so good.

Vivian
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely gutted. This made me remember things I wish I could forget. So many things. Excellent use of POV in this emotional roller coaster. I feel like a broken yo-yo.
Highly recommended--Just check the tags before reading.

Favorite quote because it made me laugh instead of cry:
“But, Dad, if I lost a dog I could whistle for it! That won’t work for shoes.”
Adam
Well.

description

Yup, that's my review. Just that. Because.

Also, this is exactly why I don't read Steter. That fandom seems to love the dark stuff, and I'm too much of a wimp to handle hurt Stiles. And I'd miss protective Derek. So yeah.

If you read Sterek, read this. If you don't read Sterek, well, I'd suggest working your way up to this.

Anyway, I'm going to go find something light and fluffy to read next.
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Did I just read a story written in the second person and LOVE it?! Yes, yes I did.

I don't really know what to say. This story had so many dark, brutally painful moments that cut me to the quick, but they were perfectly balanced with these cute, funny ones that were so full of love that I felt like my feelz were a yo-yo that Ms. Henry was gleefully playing 'around the world' with. And dang it, I'm such a glutton for punishment, I'll probably just turn right around and read it ag
Kat
I can't believe this.. Yesterday I read chapter 6 of Don't Fail Me Now in the train, and this morning I woke up to this fic. My usually cold, rainy and depressing morning rush hour trips have never been this amazing. Sigh :') ...more
Jenna
After seeing other reviews, I prepared myself for a heart-wrenching read, and I was so proud of myself for making it through without tearing up. And then I read those last few lines and I lost the battle.

And then my sick little boy threw up in his bed and I went and held him and cleaned him up and snuggled him an extra long time.

I don't think I've ever read a story in the 2nd person POV other than one of those choose your own adventure books, so this was really unique and so well done. The way i
Adrianamae
Shelves: stereks
Oh the things that a good author can do...and Lisa Henry delivers in spades.

This short story shouldn't have worked out for me, and yet, it did.

For starters, it's written in 2nd person POV which is a style that's infrequent, but you could say that the story demanded this type of POV because that way we got an intimate look into the Sheriff's reasoning and feelings, and in that, the story was highly emotional and crushing.

For those of us that love the Stereks because of their entertaining value,
Rachel
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek-read
Okay, Ms. Henry, I am going to need a sequel to this one. Just gave my own sons big hugs.

This is John's POV, reminiscing from various points during Stiles' adolescence to the present when he finds out that Stiles has been raped and beaten. To his discoveries of Stiles' secret. Tender moments observed between Derek and Stiles and a new respect(?) / perspective(?) of Derek Hale.

John's POV is one I think many of us has had as parents in regards to the delicate balance of how to protect your kids
Xing
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I pretty much preface all my Teen Wolf fanfiction reviews with a "I don't normally like Teen Wolf fanfiction" comment. And that has proven to be true as I've been consistently disappointed with one read after another.

But I'm also a fan of Lisa Henry and I just knew she could give me the emotional punch in the gut that a guy occasionally needs. So I stepped forward, and she delivered. Promise You'll Look After Him was more than I expected.

Told from second-person point of view, this story is a tel
Dreamer
6 stars. A brilliant heart-wrenching fanfic using second-person narrative from Sheriff Stilinski's pov following Stiles' abduction and rape. Not to be missed!

❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Promise me you'll keep him safe stars.

Gosh, I just love these two together!

But this is the Sheriff's book. And, this is in his POV.

It's about a promise made to keep Stiles safe.

Did he?

Well, I think he did a good job keeping his heart safe.

This Sterek and my feels.....

This Sterek was so very sad.

Good....

but gosh sad.

I loved the storyline. This Sterek's underling sweetness it what made me love it.

But, I just want more pages more of Sterek as a couple. And, more pages of Claude. There are ba
Onyx
"His first word is “Buh!” and you and Claudia argue for days over what it means. She says it’s obviously his word for her, and you say it’s obviously his word for you, but in the end you both agree it’s obviously his word for, 'Holy crap! I have toes!'

You promised her you’d look after him."
***************

Dear Lisa,

Please, don't ever stop writing TW fanfic.

Thanks,

Onyx
Meep
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How to squeeze the most emotion out of the fewest words. Not a word wasted.

I LOVE that this is the Sheriff's pov.
The story told is heartwrenching, yet the format means it's often the happy moments that bring the threat of tears, and the ending is a positive beginning.

Poignant.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst-central, sterek
As always DW is fabulous at evoking the tough feels, and she doesn't skimp on it here. Rarely do you find the fic where the danger and the consequences of running with the supernatural comes out so grim. Unfortunately this time, fragile human Stiles is caught in the middle.

This was an excellent sheriff pov showing his unwavering love, as he battles guilt and the impotence of not being able to mete out justice. Though it comes as a surprise, the last person the sheriff thought would or could help
Bitchie
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was just heartwrenching, but still sweet.

I love the Sheriff, and his relationship with Stiles. I love how this fic showed how the sheriff will do anything for his son, even if it means accepting werewolves and his son dating a grown man, if that's what it takes to get Stiles past what happened to him.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
wow. I have no words.

Read 1/28/2015
Reread 1/6/2017 even after multiple reads, this still has the power to gut me.
Reread 1/19/2018 heartbreaking and hopeful.
Reread 1/6/2019
Reread 6/28/2020 WTF WAS I THINKING?!?😫
Natalia
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sterek
Well this was rough. *ugly crying*
This was the first time I read anything written in second person POV.
I loved it.
All the stars for Lisa and the Sheriff.
Janie
This one is HEAVY!! It killed a bit but still good.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Just Act Normal (Supernormal, #1)
  • Hear his alibis (By and By, #1)
  • Dating Backwards
  • Cross Our Bridges When We Come to Them
  • Last to Know
  • Say Something
  • The Long Way Home
  • The King of Plagues (Joe Ledger, #3)
  • Revenge (Assassin's Academy, #2)
  • Zero Tolerance (Joe Ledger #1.1)
  • Countdown (Joe Ledger #0.5)
  • The Night Strangers
  • Deep, Dark (Joe Ledger #1.3)
  • State of Fear
  • Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1)
  • The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger, #2)
  • Claw of Exile