Start by marking “Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)

Beautiful Life (Carpino #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  1,602 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Webster’s defines to heal as “to make healthy, whole or sound; restore to health, free from ailment.” But Webster’s also defines to heal as “to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul.”

My soul is shattered.

I’m one hell of a mess because I need both and I don’t know how both can possibly happen. Sure, I know my body will heal. I understand the science of healing
Published February 24th 2015 by Brynne Asher

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Life, please sign up.
Brynne Asher Hi Natasha!

Hi Natasha!

Oooohhh...giving a date makes me crazy nervous because I don't want to disappoint anyone, especially myself! I just finished the meat of the book, literally, like an hour ago. Now, I get to focus on my favorite part, the Epilogue and I think it needs a Prologue that I wasn't planning on. And maybe even another chapter of happy in there at the end, because I love to write about the happy! I know this isn't a specific date, but I'm going to stick with my "near the end of Feburary or March for sure" promise! Surly I can't screw that up, right? :) Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have a date and maybe a preorder set up!

I've learned so much with Overflow from writing to self-publishing, but one thing I know for sure I couldn't do it without you readers! I'm so thankful to everyone who has spread such kind words about my first book. Seriously...I have warm fuzzies over here as I look out my window at the snow!

Happy reading!

Brynne (less)

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received by author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

Hard to take to start (her ex is a git), but once it moved on,
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm loving this series. It's pretty perfect for my Dominant Alpha preferences. Brynne Asher did a beautiful job of writing a dominant alpha in Tony that was still sensitive, sweet and protective over Leigh who is a victim of domestic violence.

Despite Leigh's past with her ex-husband, this is a pretty low angst book. The drama wasn't too much, just enough to bring some excitement to the story. Also, we got more of my favorite man, Jude and Gabby.

The beginning of this book overlapped just a litt
Sabrina
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Leigh has finally gotten out from under her husbands controlling thumb and after a tragic incident has the courage to divorce him. Tony Carpino takes over her divorce and makes it his mission to help Leigh move on and start living life again. Even when Leigh tries to push him away, Tony isn't going to give up and plans to make Leigh his.

Tony Carpino can make me his, any day! He was so possessive and caring and the epitome of a sweet Alpha. I loved how he didn't let Leigh push him away and staye
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: really-good
You had me at Tony.
So what can I say, I loved this book. It was a very low angst, beautiful love story. Leigh was so devastated over the trauma of her marriage and loss of her baby, and Tony, calm, cool, sexy, alpha Tony, swoops in and shows her with actions and words a beautiful life.
I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series, Athica Lane, love Paige.
Ivy Deluca
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
[3 stars]
description
The Carpinos are crazy fun family : Ms. Asher’s managed to set up a full little ‘verse with the very large and loving Carpino family. I’d read the first book in the series, Overflow, a while ago, but it was very easy to jump back into the mix. The family relationships and get togethers were comfortable and funny. Paige is the next Carpino up to bat, and she features alot more in this book, making me want to read more about her.

It’s a standalone, but… : While I think you could read t
Raine
Beautiful love story!

What a great follow-up to the first book! We get the story of Gabby's best friend, Leigh, and her favorite cousin, Tony. We get a little glimpse of their story at the end of Gabby and Jude's book, but we didn't even know they were together! It was just hinted at that they were friends. This book starts off with a tragic prologue, which you already know what happens at the end of the first book. Then it continues on and fills in more details of that ending.

Leigh had a crush
Barbara➰
****4.5 Stars

What a wonderful book! I truly enjoyed it. It was such a nice change of pace to read something where the Hero was not a manwhore and was truly an awesome guy. Leigh got on my nerves a wee bit. That's why I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5. I was really tired of her making excuses not to move in with Tony etc. etc. etc. I realize she has basically spent 4 years in hell. I get it, I really do, but honey, it's time to move on.

Tony on the other hand, he was the perfect Hero. He absolutel
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cont-series, arc
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All KA Lovers
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ by: Lori K
4 “Beautiful Gem” Stars!!

After reading Overflow I was really looking forward to Tony and Leigh's story. Leigh is one of Gabby’s best friends and have been best friends since third grade. Leigh is beautiful but she’s broken. Leigh has suffered years of horrific abuse from her husband until one day he goes too far and she’s hospitalized. Gabby comes to her rescue and pretty much forces her to move in with her and Jude when she’s released from the hospital.

photo PicsArt_1511940575331_zpsv5ah5rbs.jpg

Tony Carpino, Gabby’s cousin has been w
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
Book Facts: Beautiful Life

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Part of a Series/Installment: (view spoiler)
Standalone/Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
M/F-M/M-M/M/F-etc: (view spoiler)
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex in The Book 1-10: (view spoiler)
Overall Steam Factor
Erika
4.5 stars!

This was a fantastic romance for me! The hero, Tony, was AMAZING! Sheer perfection. Definitely a top hero for me. I wasn't as over the moon for the heroine, Leigh, but she was still reasonably likable. She had been through a very traumatic experience so it was understandable that she was reserved and had her emotional walls up. She did come around and recognize what a gift Tony was.

From start to finish, Beautiful Life was filled with romantic, sexy and sweet scenes. Totally fulfilled
Gio
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was rethinking my 4 star review because....

Tony Carpino

He Deserves 5 Stars.
Jacqueline
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one. It's the second in this series but it could be read as a standalone. This time it's Tony Carpino' s story. He's he lawyer cousin of Gabby from the first book. He's alpha and protective and gentle and patient with Leigh who is in the process of divorcing from her controlling and abusive ex.

Like the first book in this series, he moves himself into her life and her bed at lightning speed, but with a mind to her traumatic recent past, the ugly bumping happens much later. That ma
RJ
4.25 Stars

OMGEEE. Tony was perfection!! He was so damn patient and amazing with the heroine! He knows what he wants and weasels his way into her life and I loved every second of it!! I love how after noticing how she didn't have any nightmares cuddling with him he refuses to let her sleep alone again. I never once had to worry about him straying because that is so not him.

I cannot believe I waited this long to actually read this book. I think the "Carpino" title scared me into thinking this was
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was cute. I think I did the bad thing of getting my expectations really high, because I didn't love it as much as my GR friends. I never fully connected to Leigh, so I think that was a big part of why because she was the primary POV. I also found myself skimming some -- especially those parts where it was overly descriptive on something like the decor of the house, or parts about some side characters that really didn't relate to the h and H's story. Overall, it w
Emily
Leigh has finally gotten away from her abusive husband and is eager to have her divorce final. Enter longtime friend Tony Carpino who ends up throwing the divorce for a loop, he wants her ex to pay. Leigh just wants to have a clean break, Tony though has only her best interests at heart, he has loved her for a longtime.

Tony knows that Leigh is struggling and he plans to take all the time in the world to get her used to the idea of being in her life. Tony is planning for the long haul and althou
Laurie
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
Reading Beautiful Life was like a nice Sunday drive through the country when you were expecting a trip in the fast lane. Where the first book in the series was full of suspense, this one was more a story about the relationship between Leigh and Tony. To me it was a story of a battered and broken woman and the man who made it his goal in life to help her heal so he could give her the beautiful life he felt she deserved.

Parts of the book were beautifully written and I feel like Brynne Asher was sp
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

ARC
Beautiful Life starts out with Leigh not having such a beautiful life. She just went through the most horrible thing, and now she's living with her best friend Gabby while she gets better. Things start to get a little crazy for her when Tony, Gabby's cousin, and Leigh's high school crush, starts to show major interest in her. He decides he's going to take it really slow with her, but things just heat up awfully fast for them, especially when it seems
Shari Kay
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5✭

Dang...Goodreads really needs to let us have half stars.

This was sweet. Tony is practically perfect. Wait, we don't even need the practically. He is perfect. He was patient, sexy, knew what he wanted and was determined to get it. And he wanted Leigh.

Leigh has had it rough, so it'd be mean if I said she was a bit whiny. But if she said one more time how she wasn't going to "think about it" I was gonna scream. I kept picturing Scarlett O'Hara and the famous last line in Gone with the Wind, "to
Nicla
Beautiful story with an amazing hero. Love the fact the hero knew what he wanted. Highly recommend.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Medium to High
☆Jamie☆
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars! This is my second book by Ms. Asher, and I was honored to be chosen as Beta reader. Since finding and reading Overflow, Brynne has stayed in my mind as a talented story teller with so much more to come in future. The story of Tony and Leigh was a true "Gem." Note: this book may contain triggers for some readers. It does deal with some heavy and heartbreaking subject matter.

Summary:
Leigh Briggs' life is an empty shell of what it used to be. The life she once thought of as her saving gr
Bev
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading/devouring Overflow I was looking forward to Tony and Leigh's story. This one didn't have the suspense that we got in Overflow, but none-the-less I spent a very pleasant afternoon reading this. That said, I wish there had been a bit more suspense, there was certainly enough groundwork laid down for it.

Leigh suffered years of horrific abuse from her husband until one day he goes too far and she manages to get away. Cue Tony, who's been waiting in the wings for her - he sees his in an
Loz
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

loved this book, love this author and i absolutely love this series. i can't wait for more!

tony carpino *dreamy sigh*
Sowm
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked it well enough. Still can’t get over the fact that the writing is eerily similar to KA. It’s kinda creepy actually.
I like her other series (Killers) better than this one I think.
I forgot to mention abt the car buying incidents. They were hilarious and a must read !😀
Snigdha Prakash
4.5 beautiful stars..

I think I loved this book better than the first installment which is a rare occurrence for me usually in series.
But the author has outdone herself.
I love that she writes on the lines of Kristen Ashley...I love KAs work and I don't like it when authors do a bad imitation of her work.
What this author has done is not an imitation but morphed something of KA and something of herself in such a beautiful manner that it is hard to put down the book.
The plot is simple, really.
A hurt
Maria
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this. Despite the fact that Leigh had suffered abuse at the hands of her ex-husband and abuse is never a good thing, I was pretty much smiling through 90% of this book. I couldn't help it. Tony was the sweetest, yet very Alpha male. I loved their story and I kinda regret finishing this so quickly because I loved reading about them and the whole Carpino family. I can't wait until Paige's story comes out. This is definitely an author to keep a lookout for.
Veronica
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series! Well written and a great story line. I can't wait for the next book!
Ann
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very KA like.
What's the Name o...: Cover with justice scales [s] 3 32 Jul 15, 2015 12:46PM
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Bent Not Broken (Cedar Creek, #1)
  • Property Of
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Etched in Stone (Six Degrees Series, #2)
  • Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters, #3)
  • Finding Home
  • Fixing Justice (Justice Brothers, #2)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • The Science of Loving
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
Brynne Asher lives in the Midwest with her husband, three children and her perfect dog. When she isn’t creating pretend people and relationships in her head, she's running her kids around and doing laundry. She enjoys decorating and shopping, and is always seeking the best deal. A perfect day in “Brynne World" ends in front of an outdoor fire with family, friends, s’mores, and a delicious cocktail ...more
More about Brynne Asher

Carpino (4 books)
  • Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Until Avery

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I feel his lips at the back of my head and he calls out, “Gem.” My eyes go directly to his.  His eyes hold mine through the mirror.  Without letting go of my eyes he gives me a squeeze as he expresses, “I want this.” I feel my brows gather as I ask, “This?” “Us.  But more.” My voice dips and I ask again, “What are you saying?” I didn’t know it was possible, but he looks into my eyes even deeper, deep enough to reach my soul, when he says, “I want it all.  I want you in every way I can have you, Leigh.  I want you in my house, my bed.  I want to give you a dog and a family.  And once you’re officially mine, I want to give you babies, lots of them.  I want to give you a full life, gem.  You’re ready for it, you just need to open your eyes and see it.  It’s right in front of you.  It’s time for you to reach out and grab hold.” 7 likes
“Relax.  The thought of going home tonight and leaving you to your dreams just about did me in.  Let’s see if you still dream sleeping next to me.  If you don’t, terrific.  If you do, I’m here.  But there’s no way I can lay my head down ten minutes away from you wondering if you’re battling those demons by yourself.” 3 likes