Start by marking “A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man #1)” as Want to Read:
A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man #1)

A Desperate Man: Volume 1

(A Desperate Man #1)

This is an ACE of ASIN:B00R28MNO4 The Fantasy

Fantasies - we all have them.
For some it’s their dream job; others want the wedding, the 2.5 kids, the white picket fence.
My fantasies are a bit more...depraved.
Dark and sinful, they have destroyed relationships and my livelihood, yet I still submit to them like a slave.

Sex.
For most, it’s a natural expression of love, caring,
Published January 28th 2015 by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine (first published December 15th 2014)

Baba
1 I-expected-more star. Review posted December 18, 2014

photo oie_6c1QKZCyeIge_zpsa2rfjcec.gif
 photo oie_Y23ALSaOp5Np_zpsen6qahtf.gif
He knelt beside his (view spoiler)
Christy
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 desperate stars!

photo fbb153e0-e26d-4394-96fc-6b3606eb046c_zps2e13eff1.jpg
Part of the craving deep inside, the one that insisted he reach out and take. And take. And take. Never satisfied. Thirst never quenched.

I honestly had no clue what this book was about when I picked it up. I didn’t even read the blurb. I read it solely because it was written in part by Ella Frank. A Desperate Man is so different from any other serial I’ve ever read. If you’re tired of reading the same old same old, I recommend you give this one a go!

photo 3ba57e83-069d-4051-a097-7470b0906d39_zps50a06426.jpg

Evan James is a despera
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

If he could live in pussy, he would. It was his weakness, his addiction, the one thing he'd give up anything and everything for. And he nearly had.

I'll be honest, I didn't even bother reading the blurb when I saw the chance to receive an ARC of this book. Ella Frank is a permanent fixture on my auto-buy list. She just seems to have this midas touch and she hasn't let me down yet. Brook Blaine is a new to me author, and together these two are a force to be reckoned with.

Firstly, I have
Eliza

Title: The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1)
Series: A Desperate Man #1
Author: Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
Release Date: 16th December, 2014
Rating: 4 "Blondie" Stars
Cliffhanger: -
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo FB79E3AB-0937-4860-972D-9072CEFFA57D_zpsyu3vrp3y.jpg

I've just added Evan James to my list of most intriguing Anti-Heros. At one point he had it all. Handsome, rich, with a successful career. What we are introduced to however, is the Evan almost at rock bottom, dwindling in the aftermath of his excess.

His addiction we discover is sex
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4 "thirst never quenched" STARS **

The strongest drug that exists for a human is another human being.

This book is so deliciously unique, I want to get in-between the pages, snuggle close to the cover and stay there for days! THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE AUTHORS! That's how you write something different! That's how you get out of the endless circle of "doormat girl meets alpha male" storylines!

Good job, ladies! Good freakin' job!

Meet Evan James. A man slave to his addiction to sex. Don't get me
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
"My name is Evan James, and I am a sex addict."

That one sentence says so much. I don't think I've ever read a book about a sex addict, in fact, I know I've never read anything to this extreme.

Evan's life is screwed up (pun intended)...he's lost his job, his money is almost gone and he will do anything, anything to get off...no matter how depraved it is. (I will never look at baggies and vaseline the same!)

The story starts with him going to town with a hot blonde...and he just can't get enou
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Very Intriguing Stars

photo AB37AC1E-B36E-4315-AD80-D3A0B28454B8_zpscuz0vkbj.jpg

Well what a sexy Ass number this was, yet I found myself gripped to the pages and invested in Evans problem and above all emotionally involved in why he has this issue in the first place...

Ok ok here we have one sexy Man who is addicted to Sex in a way it's his life, and he's not living fully because he needs his next fix and will do whatever he can to get it. That also means his life has suffered the consequences of his actions, there's only so much you can hide and cov
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 Desperately Addicted Stars!

Well, Evan James, I have one little request....
 photo 0FAC6921-EEBC-47E4-9D19-A46DA22D47F9_zpskhzbcuds.gif
I'll be happy to help you with your little problem.

Evan James is a sex addict. Pretty much no better way to state it. But when his one night with a hot blonde, Reagan Spencer, turns into an addiction to the just thought of her...he's thrown way off his game. Couple that with the fact that his one time liaison is now is boss, keeping it in his pants has never been such an effort.

photo 08781192-1416-4E50-8062-3ABA2979E9C1_zps0ghhaiur.gif

Obviously this book promises a healt
Michelle
4 Hot and Quick Read Stars!
This was a quick one that I loved!

Evan is addicted to sex. He meets a woman and they have a wild night filled with multiple organisms. Evan doesn't do repeats. But for some reason he can't get the hot as hell blond out of his head. She's ruining everything. He can't get off without thinking about her.

If he could live in pussy, he would. It was his weakness, his addiction, the one thing he’d give up anything and everything for.~Evan

Because of his addiction to sex Evan
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
4 Addicted Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 13ea3c89-22d6-4a1b-8e18-e49c7c4c0ded.jpg

photo 2da22055-3c9b-4be7-a684-26a664250ac8.jpg

Evan James is a gorgeous single guy living in Manhattan, New York. He is at a low point in his life after losing his job eight months ago. He also has emotional issues and a very advanced not so healthy sexual appetite. He is a playboy who is always fixated on getting laid, but doesn't do repeats.

photo anewyork.gif

He has a one night stand with a beautiful blonde, and from then on can't get her out of his head. She becomes a growing obsession, and he has an uncontrollable cravin
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
description

A desperate man ketp calling me ever since it was published. I resisted reading it because I didn't want to read a serial without knowing the release date for each instalment. My memory can be shitty like that.

But now with the third part being released on September 13, it was finally the time to get acquainted with Evan James

description

Evan James is a man with an addiction and the easy kind. Nope Evan is addicted to sex!
His life is a complete mess. He has no job and the worst of all he couldn't care less.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review

[image error]

Ella Frank...that name alone is an instant MUST click for me. When I found out Ms. Frank is going to be co-authoring a book with new author, Brooke Blaine, lets just say that I was so ready to get my hands on this book. Like the title I was desperate and I knew this book was going to be one hot sexy dirty read and these two authors did not disappoint their fans.

#fEB1

First and foremost, if you are expecting a typical romance then I’m
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Jeez, this was like a train wreck, neither character was likable and Evan was indeed a very desperate man, so desperate he fucked his mattress. I've read a lot of weird stuff but that was a first for me. Actually, it reminded me of this bloke that used to live near me, everyone seemed to know that he had this weird fetish for putting toilet rolls between the toilet seat and the basin and then 'pleasuring' himself that way. What's that about?!

Anyway, if you're looking for a sexy read this isn't i
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved this author's Exquisite Series and Blind Obsession so I was expecting a really good read.....but really...this was a total disappointment.

A sex addict who falls for his boss....blah blah blah!!!!

I know this was a very short read...jeez...I really hate the serialize novellas being offered these days......but in this case, it was a total relief...the shortness of the story that is!!!

And ...what....Evan is WHAT????
 photo images_zps2321566c.jpg
Wait, book 2 is Reagan's (Evan's boss!!) POV.....so we get same story jus
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

3.5 “desperate” Kisses

There was absolutely no way that that synopsis wouldn’t catch my attention. Plain and simple…I had to read this book. I’m not a huge serial reader, at least not until all of the books are out, but something was telling me I needed to read The Fantasy. And I’m glad I listened.

Evan James…oh my poor, poor Evan…he is in every way an addict. He’s completely ruled by his need for sex…for release…for the high that he gets from it. It controls
Judy
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, steamy
Evan James is just that.. desperate!

This is the first volume in a new series consisting of three books. Yes, it is short and it leaves you hanging... but HOLY HELL are you left craving more, more, more!!!!
Almost as bad as poor Evan craves sex!

Evan has an addiction. It's made him desperate, crazed and out of control... and Ella and Brooke have done an amazing job making you feel that overwhelming pain and desperation.
It's dirty, naughty and oh so tantalizing.

An awesome and intense beginning to
Jen
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

That was H.O.T! But with Ella Frank's named attached to it would you expect anything less? I think not. I think by the time this serial is over there will be more sex addicts in the world, myself included. Don't judge! I'm dying for the next installment. Early 2015 cannot come soon enough. If you are an Ella Frank fan this is a MUST read for you.
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
I enjoyed the opening but as the story went on, I kinda lost interest. Reegan was making me sleep.
After reading Paper Swan, this book just didn't meet the mark.

Maybe I need to try another day.

Cheers.
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Wait... WTF was that all about?!
Kiesha
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novella was so disappointing! I expected so much more from
this story because it was written by Ella Frank. I've read other material by this author and thoroughly enjoyed it but not so much with this one. I give it 1.5 stars.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Hmm...scratching head
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this new serial, but I love Ella Frank, enough said. I knew that if she had anything to do with this project then it had to be good. It was very short, as are all serials, just enough to sink our teeth into and then it gets yanked away before we get a good bite. I'm very intrigued by Evan, wondering how he ended up where he is now, having lost everything due to his addiction. I'm very curious about this subject now, wanting
Maree Repa
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just adored this amazing sexy. Just a fastidious read That I just so enjoyed this book. Meeting Evan James, the gorgeous, sexy man who is in fact a complete sex addict. Well, now I have your attention.

This series looks very exciting. So much more. I just can't wait to read more!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Evan James is - as we already learned in the blurb - a sex addict.
That's what basically ruined his life 8 months ago.
The only things he has left now are his apartment and his car.
And his sex addict-ways are nowhere near stopping. He goes out almost every night and he never has problems finding willing ladies - not in a huge city like New York.
Having lost his job 8 months ago, means that he is almost out of money.
But things might change for the better - he has a job interview.
But of course it cou
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Wow!! This is a whole new side to Ella Frank. This book is sex personified but what else do you expect when the male H is a sex addict. He has a lot of issues!! There was one scene at around the 60% mark that had me pmsfl...my mind is still in shock!! This is certainly an intriguing start to what seems is going to be a mind opening and intense serial. (full review to come)

The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1) by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
4 stars!!

“The strongest drug that exists for a human is a
Angie
I'm impressed. I thought Evan displayed the true signs of a sex addict. He was always chasing the high of a release. He wasn't picky about his partners - rich, poor, prostitutes, he even contemplated giving a man a go. And even though we meet the heroine right off the bat he wouldn't be a true sex addict if he only had eyes for her.

The author did a great job capturing the realism. Evan's addiction isn't something he wears proudly. He's lost jobs and he's constantly ashamed of himself. I'm looki
Bozica
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner by Ella Frank!
It’s my first book by Brooke Blaine and I’m not sure which one wrote which part because it’s seamless.
Told in 3rd persons from Evan’s POV and I loved it.
Off to read the second novella.
Mara De Guzman
★★★★★
5 I'm Desperate For More Stars
ARC received for an honest review

I don't know how to start this review without giving anything away or without staring blankly at this page because I'm left awestruck with this new serial from Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine! The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1) is so, so, so good and I am desperately itching for more!

Evan James is a good-looking, charming man and he knows it. He uses it to his advantage whether in business or in his personal life with the ladies. Eva
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
For more reviews visit www.sizzlingpages.com

4 Stars

Reading The Fantasy (A Desperate Man #1) was a head-trip and unlike anything I’ve read from author Ella Frank. Brooke Blaine’s work is new to me, but I’m a fan of Ella’s Exquisite series and come to like her sensual writing style. This story is by no means romantic. It was an introduction into the life and world of a man, Evan James, whose sex life is raw, primal, essential to his existence and desperately
Meags
3 Stars

Ok, so I wasn’t blown away by this story but I’m definitely hooked enough to want to know what happens next with our leading man, Evan James: depraved, sex addict extraordinaire.

Evan is hot as hell and filthy as sin – which is a given because this was co-written by Ella Frank and I’m not sure if she is capable of writing a male lead who doesn’t leave me all hot and bothered – but this guy is also majorly flawed, possibly beyond redemption, hence my intrigue as to where the hell this seri
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please add new cover 6 44 Jan 27, 2015 06:51PM
  • The Widow (The Professor, #3)
  • The Finish (The Finish, #1)
  • Confession (Curio, #5)
  • Savor Me
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • Strictly Temporary - Volume Two (Strictly Temporary, #2)
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • Overwhelmed (Blurred Lines, #1)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3)
  • Breathless (Ross Siblings, #6)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • StepSister Devotion I (A Stepbrother Romance, #1)
  • Gravity
  • Confused (Getting Inside of V, #2)
  • Knight & Sleigh (Knight, #2.5)
  • Grace (Under Mr. Nolan's Bed, #3)
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

A Desperate Man (3 books)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man, #3)
“The strongest drug that exists for a human is another human being.” 9 likes