Start by marking “Meeting Boudicca” as Want to Read:

Meeting Boudicca

Queen Boudicca is defeated. Her Iceni and other British allies are dead or fleeing from the vengeance of unmerciful Rome. The British rebellion is over. The beaten Iceni Warrior queen has gone into hiding and awaits her poison elixir which will aid her departure from life while the waiting druids wish to bury her in a secret place.
However, before Boudicca can complete her
Published November 21st 2013 (first published April 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Boudicca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Boudicca

Start your review of Meeting Boudicca
Michael Nicolson
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fav-authors
Another masterpiece by one of the United Kingdoms best writers. Historically correct, extremely exciting, set in ancient Briton when the Romans were in control. Two Queens, totally different, one a legend, the other a true leader, savage and entertaining. This is a book that deserves full acclaim, a must read from start to finish.
Margaret McGoverne
The meeting referenced in the title is between Boudicca and Cartamandua, another, lesser known British Queen who is overshadowed in history by her contemporary, the Iceni warrior queen. As someone who has done quite a bit of reading on Boudicca, I was interested to see how she was treated in this imagined encounter of two Brittonic queens. Boudicca is only directly featured at either end of the tale, leaving the reader to learn about the Brigantes, a rival tribe to Boudicca's Iceni, and their ...more
Veronica Barton
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author C.A. Powell gives us a window in time to a royal, ancient past in Meeting Boudicca. Two queens, two legacies, with an intriguing storyline of survival and alliances of the fittest. Queen Cartimandua poignantly takes you back to the days before the royal meeting in vivid detail--dealing with betrayals, loyalties, and brutal battles that never end. A game of wits that could have life or death consequences, which queen will prevail, and bring her enemies to a halt?

I found this to be a great
Julie G
I heard about Queen Boudicca some time ago, and I've always been intrigued by her as a historical figure. This is not the first historical fiction book I've read, but it is the first time I've ventured into Britain during the Roman occupation with not one but two Celtic Queens at the forefront. This book is based on real people but not on actual events which is OK. Fiction is about possibilities. What could have happened if these two powerful women had actually met? I was extremely intrigued by ...more
Leonardo Vazquez
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

C.A Powell

History is written by the victorious. This is a phrase we have heard regularly, but even so, there are some passages that cut so deep and leave such a trace that are recognized as heroic and transcendent in the history of some countries.

But what if one knew someone that could tell us the story as if she or he was there?

Meeting Boudicca is a highly detailed historic tale, that takes place in England when the Roman Empire (afterwards Christian) conquered Britain. It
Andrew Fear
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting meditation on how to deal with a predatory superpower, set in 1st century Britain. Cartimandua, the less famous contemporary of Boudica (one c please....), is depicted as a woman wrestling with how to keep her people out of Rome's clutches. I suppose you could almost subtitle the book - the soul of a collaborationist. It's an interesting tale and well told (there are a few, but only a very few bits of jarring modern slang that sneak in). A bit like Moby Dick, the reader ...more
Yolisa
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
We hear the tale as told by Queen Cartimandua.She narrates her version to her 3 listeners,captivates and enthralls them with how she kept herself and her subjects alive during a very trying time of Roman subjugation of the Britons,one Kingdom at a time.
It is very interesting how she tells of every event leading up to her meeting with the Iceni Queen,Boudicca.
Meeting Boudicca and learning of her power and how she lost everything after amassing such a huge following.
Manal Jamaleddine
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a good chance to read history and learn lessons from the past. A brilliant imaginary discussion between two queens, questioning historical decisions and events and inviting the reader to re-think about ancient heroes and traitors. The writing style however was weakened by the use of modern slang sometimes.
Jonathan
Karen Forsyth
Angelia
Brooke
Jun 06, 2017

• Destiny's War (Saladin's Secret #1)
  • August Raven: The Tale of a Girl Pirate
  • Game Piece
  • A Perfect Confluence
  • Infidel
  • Cornered
  • The Wall
  • Murder and the Muse
  • The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi: My Journey into the Heart of Scriptural Faith and the Land Where It All Began
  • The Raffle
  • Citizen of Earth
  • The Samovar Murders (The Matyushkin Case Files)
  • Wanted (The August Havens Series Book 1)
  • Beneath the Wheel
  • The Resurrection and You
  • Berry's First Collection:: Dream /Fantasy/ Reality
  • The Moon Hunters
  • Rose Boys: The Series: Book One
C.A. Powell (Colin Alan Powell)
Born 1961 in Bow district of London. Now lives in Fenland of Cambridgeshire. Loves reading and writing.

When I read and do reviews, I always categorise the type of book in my own mind and think of the particular audience that might enjoy. It does not matter if it is classic, pulp, indie, sci-fi etc. It is all a personal reflection from my own bubble of thought. I