Start by marking “My Mind's Eye (Pub Fiction, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Mind's Eye (Pub Fiction, #1)

My Mind's Eye

(Pub Fiction #1)

Ryker

She is the epitome of the girl next door, but with a feistiness that makes my dick throb.
I'm drawn to her like no other. She stirs things in me I have no desire to feel, makes me long for things I shouldn't.

This is my game. I choose the players. I never play for keeps.

I don't believe in fate. I make my own destiny. I work hard and play harder. Luck is for pussies, kar
ebook
Published May 31st 2015 (first published May 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Mind's Eye, please sign up.
Gillian Jones It's a standalone. But the next books will be about charecters from book one. But each is a standalone

Jelena Bosh
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

Nothing promises a great story and a drool worthy alpha male than having him introduced through his soon to be trademark of a fucking GROWL!! I mean, what does a girl really need to do to elicit that type of sexy first impression?!

In this fast paced + addictive read, we sort of get two polar opposite people that evolve throughout the story at the same time that a unique story teller turns mere words into heartfelt, sexy and raw emotions...

Kat is a College student who is trying to steer c
Paige
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 " You're Mine" Stars

This debut novel from Gillian Jones was so well done. It has everything I love in a book: loads of palpable sexual tension, banter that made me miss my own girlfriends, an ultra sexy reformed manwhore alpha, and a smart and strong heroine. Ryker and Kat burned up the pages and took me on a journey to their happily ever after that left me really excited for Levi's book.

Kat and her best friend Claire are in their last year in college. Best friend since forever, Claire and K
Restless Book Obsession
I'll start this review by saying that I absolutely hate rating lower than 3 stars but I just couldn't rate this book any more than 2. I started reading this book May 22 and I just finished it now. I'm a fast reader but it took me 17 days to get through this book and I only finished this fast because I was reading under a deadline. The first ARC I received was horribly edited, there were so many grammar issues that I couldn't read more than 5 pages at a time without getting frustrated. I expresse ...more
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
My Minds Eye by Gillian Jones

Holy smokes what a book.

My Minds Eye was absolutely amazing. Ryker, Ryker, Ryker. What a sexy swoon worthy character. That dirty mouth hooked me. So fucking hot.

I devoured this book and loved every. freaking. moment. I am now an HUGE fan of the author. She is going on my auto-1-click list.

Claire is one of those best friends that every girl needs in their lives. She is sexy and fun. She brings out the best in Kat.

She is always by her side no matter what. Now, th
Three Chicks
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Lisa Kane

I enjoy a good college romance. I like the thrill of the chase, usually it's the bad boy catches the eye of the good girl and it's game on! This story had that same premise. Kat and her roommate Claire have been best friends since they were kids, in fact after Claire's parents were killed, she moved in with Kat and her family. Kat has problems with panic attacks and stress. She put a lot of faith in her boyfriend Seth, was betrayed and hasn't really recovered. Then a
DJ Sakata
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“You’re my back-up, the cheese to my macaroni, the fork to my knife, my bestie… most of all you are my sister from another mister!”

“I honestly think you should be all like, ‘Hey Ryker, my body has 206 bones in it, but I could use one more,’ then blow a kiss at him.”

“Here’s to you, here’s to me. Friends forever we shall be… And if ever we should disagree, then fuck you. Here’s to me!”

“Jesus, baby, you’re my mind’s eye. God, lately all I see is you. I dream of you when I sleep. I w
Jos
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars, Ehhhhhhh just ok

OK, so first let me say that I was dying to read this and when it went on sale I literally jumped right on it. I hate when I give a low rating and especially hate when a book I look forward to disappoints me..... This book had a lot of dialogue in it that really was unnecessary to the story therefore for me just wasted a lot of "precious" time in getting these 2 together. Now, on to these 2 getting together, OMG, it took way too long for me...I was at 50% saying WTH are
Renee
A Perfect Love Story From Beginning To End

I loved this book so much Its not rushed at all. Its getting to know both Kat and Ryker and their lives from the moment of their eyes meeting for the first time. I love that about this book. Often times I feel like the beginning of characters love stories are rushed but not My Mind's Eye. It's the perfect mix of the initial attraction, first date, getting to know each other, serious relationship, bliss.

I loved both Kat and Ryker. I think every girl dese
Sarah Armstrong
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
***ARC gifted to leave an honest review***

This was a highly anticipated book for me, & it did not disappoint at all.
This is the story about Ryker & Kat. Ryker is the official man-whore, who only believes in one night stands but once he sees Kat, he begins to change, he wants to change, but can he?!
And Kat, she was adorable, Ryker was definitely rude to her due to his new feelings, but she didn't let that discourage her. I loved the relationship w/ her & Claire, her bestie, she was
Cyndi Garcia
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Major hotness!

This book was hot! The intro dragged a little and the end dragged some more but the book made up for it. Maybe I was to anxious for the action. Ryker is a major hot player and has the rule of only one time and no commitment. she is a good girl, needs a job and finds herself looking to make some extra money as a shot girl at Rykers brothers bar. This book had everything jealousy, alpha hotness and boy the SEX. Love love love! This is my top first 2015 favorite Summer read! Easy rea
Happily Ever Chapter
Romance: Contemporary, Erotica, New Adult / College, Coming-of-Age

** Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review. **

-- MY THOUGHTS --
Judging a Book by it's Cover:
Eyecatching cover, nice coloration. Very visually appealing. Synopsis sounds like the usual angst-y New Adult drama, but with a splash of humor and fun.
Looking Deeper:
Alternating first-person POV, clearly defined and easy to follow. Love the
Brie
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ccbh-reviewed
☆☆☆ 3.5 STARS ☆☆☆

My Mind's Eye was a measured, sexually intense love story that left my heart smiling.

Kat is a walking ball of stress who worries about everything. At times she can come off as being inside of her head too much but that's expected when you battle anxiety. She also suffers from insomnia and we get to witness her thoughts and emotions first hand when she is having a panic attack. Gillian Jones writes those scenes perfectly when portraying what it's like for someone who fights
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Ryker

This is my game. I choose the players. I never play for keeps.

I don't believe in fate. I mak
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Wow, talk about a book full of fun, sweet, romantic banter between college students. A man who is drool worthy but has a problem showing "the" girl he wants how he really feels. His growling at her drove me crazy (in a good way) but damn was this man frustrating. Every time I thought he was going to make a move (ehhhh) I was wrong but that's what kept me intrigued about this story, about these two beautiful people.

Ryker had been burned in the past so the last thing he wanted was to get involved
Tiffany
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

I really enjoyed this story. It was chock full of sexual tension and angst!

Kat is a college student. She is quite anxious for many reasons and after her last boyfriend cheated on her, she is steering clear of men. Starting a new job at a pub, she is drawn to the most attractive man she has ever laid eyes on. There’s only one problem – he’s a player.

Ryker is also a college student and works at Pub Fiction, his brother’s bar whenever Levi needs his help. He is a
LLEP  Book Blog
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you about this one! Hot! Funny! Sweet! Teasing! Games!
Gillian gave me a run for these words from the beginning. As I read this book I had no clue what would be happening on the next page, every page.
The characters in My Mind's Eye are absolutely wonderfully developed and grew through each chapter.
I loved the fact that the characters unfolded through the beginning of the book and developed before they truly started to intertwine.
Watching the leads struggle with their own issues and
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Ryker is a bar tender at his brother's bar (Pub Fiction) and a shameless man whore. He's been hurt in the past and has zero intention of every letting that happen to him again. He loves women but he will not allow anyone close enough to hurt him again. When he meets Kat, the new hire at Pub Fiction, his world gets turned upside down.

Kat is in her last year of college and just wants to make it through the year and get on with her life. A life changing event at the end of last school year causes
Renee
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much Its not rushed at all. Its getting to know both Kat and Ryker and their lives from the moment of their eyes meet for the first time. I love that about this book. Often times I feel like the beginning of characters love stories are rushed but not My Mind's Eye. It's the perfect mix of the initial attraction, first date, getting to know each other, serious relationship, bliss.

I loved both Kat and Ryker. I think every girl deserves her Ryker in her life. This book got my a
Brandi
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I was a little let down with this one. Honestly, I think it's because of all the buzz that I saw about it. It's been promoted by so many blogs & I was super excited because of all the reels-you-in quotes but...

I had a huge pet peeve that reigned supreme throughout this book. The characters were all talk & didn't act on things for a HUGE portion of it. I'm going to f*** you all night, so hard you feel it the next day... Just you wait, we will happen... I want to know more about her... I'
Layla
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars...

So I received an ARC of this book and really tried to like it, but it just wasn't the right book for me. I stopped reading it for about a week and had to push myself to finish it. I thought the premise of it was promising - Bad boy and a focused girl, but how it played out didn't work for me.

I found it had a lot of unnecessary drama. There was so much back and forth between the main characters. One minute Ryker would be ready to be with Kat and then he wasn't ready. I felt like we di
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kat was a beautiful, smart, young woman but always worrying about every little thing. Her best friend knew how to calmed her down but when they survived a fire on their dorms her anxiety level high rocketed. But this was not something that will stop her from receiving her diploma and become a teacher.

Ryker had a bad experience that turned him into the biggest player there was. He had one rule never repeat the one night stand he had with girls but when his brother hired Kat as a shooter girl at t
Donna
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This Book Is Amazing, I Haven't Stayed Awake till 3am reading for the longest time but I couldn't put it down.
Ryker Was A Self Proclaimed Man Whore For A Better Word And Doesnt Want To Settle Down Until She Walks In To His Brothers Bar And His Life.
Kat Is One Step Everyday From A Panic Attack And Is Very Reserved And Doesn't Play Or Like Players At All, She Is A Mess When Ryker Eddison Makes Himself Known To Her And She Tries Telling Herself And The World she Doesn't Want Him.
This Amazing Cat
Danielle
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 'HOT GIRL' STARS!

A great debut novel from a promising new author! Gillian Jones gave her readers a well written and developed story about two people with painful relationship histories learning to trust, open up and embrace love again.

Ryker and Kat were positively electric together. When they finally managed to get out of their own way, to let go of the past and to take that leap of faith, they both found what it was they were looking for all along.

I enjoyed Gillian's first novel, and I look
Natalie Miernicki
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this story... Ryker & Kat kept me awake until the early hours of the morning... Once I started this book I had to stay awake reading to see how this story played out!! Ryker is a guy who loves to play the field; a manwhore as they say... he loved the chase; that is until he laid eyes on Kat the stunning new Shooter Girl at Pub Fiction! Kat and Ryker play a seriously hot game of tension filled cat & mouse before finally giving in to their intense feelings for each other ...more
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
This was a great story about starting over and what can happen once you put yourself out there again. I loved Kat and Ryker and the way that they were around each other. This book gave me everything that I was looking for in a book to keep me interested. The back and forth between the two was epic. I loved the way that this played out and all of the characters in this book were great. I look forward to reading more from this series to see what all will happen.
Brandy Roberts
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was givin a copy for my honest review This book had smoking hot chemistry between the two characters plus it had no cheating or sleeping with other people witch I like to see in a book there was little drama and loved the nicknames it wasnt all baby it was unique like honeybutter and hot girl very cute the relationship between her and claire it was like they were sisters they had me laughing so many times i cant wait to read more from this author :)
Sharyn
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!! Loved the characters it was a great read.
Gillian Cassia PA
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely loved this book!! it was amazing from beginning to end. Flove Ryker!!
Kristin
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Cheesy in some parts but overall a decent read. 3.5 stars!
Cait's Creatures
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ok first: JESUS, MARY, AND JOSEPH, I need to go to CHURCH after reading this book. I curse like a truck driver, but I think Ryker's got me beat for f bombs. And Lord that man could dirty talk. The amount of times I took the Lord's name in vain and squealed "OH. MY. GOD" while reading will surely mean a ton of penance for me. I mean JESUS. Kat was a goner before she even realized it.

And I loved every single minute of it.

I've read so many good books lately, and I've got a TON of reviews I need t
Goodreads Librari...: Linked to Wrong author 3 20 Jun 05, 2015 09:25AM

• Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Seeking Justice
  • Beautiful Lies
  • The Art of Sin
  • So I Married a Rockstar
  • Sin For Love (Fortune For Love #1)
  • Filthy Desire (The Onyx Club, #1)
  • Color Me Crazy
  • A Song for Sophie
  • Devil's Angels Boxed Set
  • Seeing You
  • Eroe (Ties of Steel #3)
  • Skip to the Good Part 2: 20 Authors Reveal Their Steamiest Scenes
  • Savannah Series Boxed Set (Savannah, #1-4.5)
  • Vengeance is Mine
  • The Temptress
  • SEX Unlimited: Volume 1 (Unlimited, #1)
  • Big Game (Hunted Love, #1)
Wife, mother, shoe collector, pun lover, and proud Canadian. Teacher by day, pantser of words by night. Connoisseur of red wine, and a lover of a good IPA. A believer in that forever kind of love.

Pub Fiction (4 books)
  • On the Rocks (Pub Fiction Book 2)
  • One Last Shot (Pub Fiction 3)
  • Behind the Stick (Pub Fiction 4)