Start by marking “Chalet Girl Plays Cupid (Ski Season, #6)” as Want to Read:
Chalet Girl Plays Cupid (Ski Season, #6)

Chalet Girl Plays Cupid

(Ski Season #6)

A match made on the slopes…

After a messy break up that’s left her homeless, jobless and single, temporary chalet girl Emily needs a fresh start! So when best friend Holly asks her to help out before the start of the winter season at the exclusive Chalet Repos in Verbier, Emily jumps at the chance. What broken heart can’t be fixed by après ski cocktails?

Verbier seems like t

Published March 5th 2015 by HarperImpulse (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Chalet Girl Plays Cupid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chalet Girl Plays Cupid

Start your review of Chalet Girl Plays Cupid (Ski Season, #6)
Paula  Phillips
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
One of my goals on The Phantom Paragrapher for 2020 especially during this quarantine time is to try and clear some of the older titles off my kindle, so I have been reading a mixture of newer titles and older ones. This particular series Ski Season by Lorraine Wilson, I have read one of the books previously and enjoyed it. I have always thought it would have been a fun job being a chalet girl - that's if I knew how to be a winter snow bunny. Learning to snowboard is on my bucket list, but knowi ...more
Jo
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-freebie
**2.5 stars**
Katherine
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A quirky and sassy story of finding love. Emily, the protagonist had an awkward breakup (full of cringe worthy moments) and ended up being homeless. Still she refused to get angry and insist tries to surround herself in feeling positivity.When her friend asked for help she couldn't say no. There she meets the brooding athlete named Jake who is already tackling his very own problem.

Sparks don't actually fly at first since he hated her positive and she loathed him for being up tight.

As they are a
Blodeuedd Finland
Short and cute. I would not call the ending a HEA, more a HFN. Because it ends very abruptly, so you can make up your own mind. They continue what they started and fall in love, or they have fun for a week and go separate ways... Yes I like to think they had fun and fell in love ;)

Emily went through a breakup and ended up as a chalet girl
Jake's leg is crap and his career is ruined.
Both have issues.
They fancy each other.
They do it.
THE END

Sweet.
Esperanza
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rebound

Emily's boyfriend found his way back to his ex. She got displaced from their home. Then she also lost her job. Would the Swiss snowscape give her the refuge and recovery she needed? Would Jake be the answer or would she turn out to be his saviour instead?

I didn't know what to expect from this piece, but it's still a sweet and romantic read. Due to some scenes and themes, this one is for adult and open-minded readers only.
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick romantic read about opposites attracting. Emily and Jake both need a fresh start in life. He is an athlete with an injury. She was a girl with a dream and some unreal expectations.
An obvious set up between the two of them ends in an isolated cabin and some warm discoveries.
Gerd
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Just when I thought the story to get going, it does some odd jumping around which made for a rather disjointed reading.

Personally, I found it to just drag on after that unnecessary break.
Susan
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
This disjointed and predictable book really dragged, and it was boring that the characters here were solely interested in bedding anyone. The base language led me to abandon and dump this work.
Debra French
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story, but the misuse of various words, words spelled incorrectly and extra words in some sentences were distracting.
Natalie TBGWP
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I absolutely adore Lorraine Wilson's Chalet Girl Series. Each book brings me something different and much joy. When Lorraine contacted me to read her latest in the series Chalet Girl Plays Cupid I couldn't have been happier to accept.

Once again the descriptions of the White magical Swiss Alps are spot on and you are bitterly jealous that you aren't actually in the snowy mountains and staying at the Chalet Repos. It's always a pleasure to be back and catching up on things and this time we are the
Amanda ChocolatePages
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a nice easy read that I enjoyed over a lazy evening snuggled up with a blanket, cups of tea and some chocolate. I have started to really enjoy short stories recently, you get to read and finish a book with (usually) a great sense of satisfaction and enjoyment. This was certainly the case with this book.

The book was escapism complete. OK, so life might not have been great for Emily, the main character. But she is living in a ski resort chalet with her friend and a hunky guy. The place sou
Kirsty & Erin White
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short story and is the 5th in Lorraine’s Chalet Girl series. It continues with the theme of introducing two new main characters but we also get to spend a bit more time with Scott and Holly, the very first characters in the series, in this story too. Did I mention that it’s also free? Bonus!

This story is about Emily and Jake. Both characters are going through rough patches in their life and where a break in Verbier should be relaxing Cupid, a.k.a Holly has other ideas.

I liked being bac
Crystal
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is the story of Emily and Jake. Emily needed an escape after a horrible breakup that left her homeless. To make matters worse, her temp job ran out and they had no more work for her. Stuck with nothing to do and nowhere to turn, she is asked by her best friend to come to a Swiss chalet for the winter to help with ski season at a resort. As soon as she arrives, she meets Jake, a professional athlete who was severely injured and not able to do what he loves most. He is surly and gruff to her ...more
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I've been a big fan of this series since I received an arc of book one, and it's been a while since one has been released. I have been eagerly looking out for the next instalment in the series and finally we have two this month!

Chalet Girl Plays Cupid was the perfect short story to read after the last book I read. That one left my emotions in a state so Lorraine Wilson's easy, laid back style of writing was perfect to bring me out of my mood. With the series' usual quick pace, cheese, and humour
Katey Lovell
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge cheerleader for Lorraine Wilson and her Chalet Girl series, so I was really excited about the prospect of a free short story set in Verbier!

I don't want to give too much away, especially as it's only a bitesized version, but it gives a good flavour of Lorraine's writing style and the Chalet Girl books for anyone new to the series, and as freebies go it's one of the best!

It's a quick and easy read that can be read as a standalone, but for fans of the series there's more of familiar
Bethany Clark
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun, sexy short read! Just what I need for a little bit to relax this weekend.
After a messy break up and a ski accident that ended his Olympic career, these two wan to get out of town and try to regroup and see where their lives are headed next.
Emily is now homeless and jobless and is thanking god that Holly offered her this temp position as a chalet girl or she doesn't know where she would be...
Jake had a ski accident and it looks like his career is over and Holly's boyfriend offers him
Katherine Hayward Pérez
This was the first book I'd read in a long time that I didn't like very much at all. The plot was one that's seen so much in films and was predictable in parts. Girl has split up with boyfriend, goes to the French Alps to work as a chalet girl, meets guy who's bitter about life after a ski accident. Within a few minutes of getting to know each other, things change...
Typical dream location-for-a-romance type story, and a quick,light read. I was put off by some basic formatting errors too, but the
Jeanne Webb
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun read...dealing with real problems and somewhat clueless people.....

The characters are very focused on their selves, which h considering what is going on in each of their lives..Makes sense..... Hopefully we shall see more of them as the series continues....
Andrea
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, and loved the author's voice. There was a little too much head-hopping, but I can get over that. The editing issues were irritating though, and lost this book a star from little old me.
Suzanne
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
A short novella which was ok, but I have preferred others of hers. All books however are littered with repeat typos of "Salapettes" and "Cantine" which I find annoying. Light reading for when you don't want anything too taxing! I think I like these more than I should as I love the mountains....
Big Book Theory
May 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
The story is okay - nothing original. I was so frustrated throughout this story with all the mistakes, I wanted to give up and delete the book. Does HarperImpulse not edit their books - not even once?
Phannie
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-books
This short story brings two people dealing with difficult changes in life together. It's a cute little story.

rating: M
Carol Thomas
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick read, it was a real shame the kindle edition contains some errors as I found that a bit distracting. Good to revisit old characters and meet new ones. Fun and sex in the snow (not literally)!
Teresa
A lovely short story to give you a flavour of Lorraine Wilson's Chalet Girl series. Fun and sexy with a brooding hero :)
Jeannette McCalla
May 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Zero stars.

I decided life is too short and there are too many amazing books out there to waste another moment trying to finish this!

Don't bother, even though it's free
Miranda
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun book like her others
Jenika Ioffreda
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Short story of the meeting and romance of an heartbroken girl and an injured athlete in the snowy mountains of Switzerland. Quite pleasant and entertaining.
Erin
This short and sexy novella was just what I needed to kickstart my ImpulseReadathon 2016 stint. Pacing and characters were tight despite the length - I love Lorraine Wilson's Chalet Girl series!!
Kimberly
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
3/18/15 - free on Kindle
Sarah Green
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very short story but good for a freebie

• Meant to Be (Sweetbriar Cove, #1)
  • Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)
  • Her Secret Santa: Holiday Romantic Comedy
  • The Vow: A Manhattan Nights novel
  • Dearest Stalker: Part 1
  • Valentine's Day at the Star and Sixpence (short story)
  • Aspen Trilogy (Aspen, #1-3)
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Moonlight in Winter Park
  • Scent of the Missing: Love and Partnership with a Search-And-Rescue Dog
  • Dashing Through the Snow
  • Once Upon A Coffee (Wishful, #0.5; Meet Cute Romance, #4)
  • I Temporarily Do (Cordially Invited, #1)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
  • Then She Danced (Islander Romance Book 1)
I live in Wiltshire, England, with my husband but love to travel and have lived in four continents. From playing amidst Roman ruins in Africa as a child to riding a Sultan's racehorse in the Middle East as a teen, I've many experiences to draw on for the stories I've been writing ever since I can remember. When I'm not writing you'll find me listening to audiobooks while I sew or design handbags, ...more

Ski Season (6 books)
  • Confessions of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #1)
  • Secrets of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #2)
  • Revenge of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #3)
  • Secret Crush of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #4)
  • Rebellion of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #5)

News & Interviews