Start by marking “The Holy Dark (The Black Parade, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Holy Dark (The Black Parade, #3)

Read Book

The Holy Dark

(The Black Parade #3)

Sarcastic demon-slayer extraordinaire Jordan Amador has been locked in a year-long struggle to hunt down the thirty silver coins paid to Judas Iscariot. The mere touch of these coins is enough to kill any angel.

Jordan's demonic opposition grows more desperate with each coin found, so they call on the ultimate reinforcement: Moloch, the Archdemon of War. Moloch puts out a c
Published April 24th 2015 by Amazon (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Holy Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holy Dark

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
Many thanks to author Kyoko M for providing me with a free copy for review. As always, free doesn't mean "cheerfully sucking up". When I like a book, everyone will know it.

And what a way to end this amazing series. I actually finished this book earlier this week but I had to gather my thoughts before I wrote this review.

When it comes to the paranormal genre, I'd long since burned out on it. Let's face it: vampires, werewolves, shifters, angels, demons and other assorted mythical beings have pret
J C Mitchinson
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This final installment of the series is a rip-roaring adventure full of action, guns, quips and ass-kicking. It wraps up the loose ends regarding the Jordan, Michael and Belial love triangle, and is a great nod to the urban fantasy genre, channeling the shows Supernatural, Buffy and things like the Dresden Files series. A really good example of what it is, genre-wise.

I really liked the characters of Jordan and Myra, kick-ass demon hunting seers. They manage to be tough & also interesting as
Linda Musabayana
The Holy Dark is as excellent a final installment as any trilogy can ever ask for. It has it all: intrigue, heartbreak, love, betrayal, loyalty and more than a sprinkling of humour to help you wash the lingering taste of "OMG, did that really just happen?!" out of your mouth.

I've read both of the preceding books in this series, so I was very well-acquainted with our main characters Jordan Amador and Michael O'Brien. But if you haven't read the books, don't worry that you won't understand what's
Shelly
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just Brilliant!

I don't normally do reviews, too lazy I guess.
But for this series of books, I'll make an exception.

At the beginning of the book the characters are all in a terrible place. No one trusts anyone, Jordan and Michael's marriage has completely broken down and even Gabriel is keeping his distance.

Through the most horrible circumstances, they continue to fight the good fight.
The beauty of this author is not only does she continue to develop the characters, she does so on a believable tra
Jamilla_
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful conclusion to a smack-down packed novel! The Holy Dark, sounds catchy and mysterious, but the author actually explains what that means.
I was completely suckered into the crazy ghost-infested, hell-dog/bear, demon, angel, leviathan containing world! And I was not even a smidgen disappointed at this series conclusion! How rare is it to be completely satisfied at the end of a series? Or even have a series end at a proper point and not continue on until it fades into obscurity?
Jordan and
Shenerra Sawyer
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Great finish to an Awesome Series! I'm going to miss reading this....so I'm going to read it Again! I'm so glad that things worked out for Jordan and Michael, but that girl is a handful! There was none stop action that kept me on the edge wondering what was going to happen next. I didn't know at times if they were going to make it or not! It got really intense at times, but things worked out in the end. Thank You Ms. Kyoko M. for an Adventurous read! :)
Hope Welsh
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series....

I discovered this series when book 1 was part of the Secret Worlds bundle. Immediately loved the flawed characters, and rushed for the next in the series.

The author has put a delightful spin on angels and demons. The writing keeps the reader engaged during the whole ride.

You'll laugh and cry with Jordan, Michael, Gabriel and Bels. I'd love to see more for Gabe and Bels in the future!

Very well done!
Judith Davis
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Holy Dark (The Dark Parade Book 4) by Kyoko M

I really enjoyed this book it kept me reading non stop from beginning to end. I loved the characters and the fight between heaven and help. I look forward to Kyoko's next book.
Kimberly
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm sad I have to say goodbye to these characters! LOVE THIS BOOK AND THE SERIES! Looking forward to more work from Kyoko :D
Lori Titus
Four stars. A great end to a strong series.
C.C. Hrivnak
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You never know how much you love and truly need a specific person in your life till danger is thrown in your way and they are the only one who can get you through it. Michael and Jordan are forced back together in order to survive a contract on both of them. Not only that, but Jordan is on a mission to uncover the pieces of silver Judas Iscariot was given in exchange for the betrayal of Jesus. Talk about a whole bowl of crazy in one book.

All tears shed for these two are well worth it. Jordan has
Lyndy Latta
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A deeply satisfying series conclusion!

If you’ve loved The Black Parade as I have, you will undoubtedly find this a fitting conclusion! But be sure you haven’t missed out on the novella and short stories! I’m off to check out her new Cinder and Bone series ... What better follow on than a series about dragons!
Patricia A Meyers
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

One of the best.i loved this book and the characters journey they trials and tribulations. I love this series and it comes highly recommended. Despite the occasional typo. If you are an avid reader, you can still enjoy reading this.
Rukshala Illukkumbura
It is done. Was not a bad conclusion but I'm not sure I'll sign up for a re-read.
Meka♥books
***SOME SPOILERS***

Let me just start off by saying the covers for this series are beautiful and reveal a snippet of what's to come inside. The look of Jordan's back is as if the picture was a tattoo skillfully drawn- a nice display of lovely artwork. With the little bit of light off to the side, the cover reminded me of a question Jordan's mother wrote in one of her letters in book 1, The Black Parade:
Is it possible to find light in the darkness?
Well the answer to that question is answered thro
Laura Thomas
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read the first two books in this series but that didn’t stop me from enjoying this book.

I became acquainted with demon slayer Jordan Amador very quickly. She’s a kick butt, ask questions later kind of gal.

A Seer, Jordan’s job is to guide newly departed souls to the afterlife.

The action starts from the first page. Jordan enters a bar full of demons. She just had one question. She leaves after getting an answer. The problem is the answer wasn’t the one she wanted. She knows demon are lia
Andi
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.C.
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyoko M.’s The Black Parade series concludes with the final novel The Holy Dark. At the end of She Who Fights Monsters, our heroine Jordan Amador had almost brought on the apocalypse, was a fugitive on the run (which was brought to an end by the president’s pardon), she had lost her best friend’s trust, and she’s estranged from husband, the archangel and commander of the Lord’s army Michael O’Brien.
When The Holy Dark begins, Jordan is continuing her mission of finding the remainder of the Judas
Melanie Marsh
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Holy Dark is the exciting conclusion of Kyoko M.’s Black Parade series, and Holy action scenes Batman, is this exciting! This book is almost like one action scene after another with emotion and fire thrown in for good measure. Plus, the author’s normal funny sense of humor is thrown in here in there in the form of her main character, Jordan Amador’s, spunky personality.

Jordan is seriously one kick ass chick. She has taken a beating, literally and repeatedly, and just keeps coming back for m
Stacy Gallina
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fell in love with the characters

Kyoto has made the characters feel so real it is as if you really do know them. I must admit I love Bels. I wish he could have been redeemed, he was such a complex character. Of course, I really could have killed Michael, but in the end he made up for it. I must admit, that I was lost in the beginning of the book. I kept trying to figure out who Myra was and about Lamont's daughter torturing her. I read the last book, she who hunts monsters, but it did not have an
Sandahl
Jun 20, 2016
Izzy
Apr 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Indie Authors Mon...: Seeking Reviews for ARC of UF novel 1 14 Mar 25, 2015 10:39PM

• Crusader's Torch (Atta Olivia Clemens, #2)
  • Laisrathera (Her Instruments, #3)
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • Cash: Angel, Demon, Rock Star (A Seven Deadly Sins Story, #1)
  • Natural Beauty
  • Neutral Mask (I Hunt Killers, #0.4)
  • Neverlove (Shadow Jumpers, #1)
  • The Complete ElfQuest, Volume One
  • Disciple of the Wind (Fated Blades, #3)
  • Complicated By You (Coventon Campus, #1)
  • The Unforgettables
  • Skies of Ash (Detective Elouise Norton #2)
  • Ghost Girl in the Corner (Shadowshaper, #1.5)
  • Indelible: Beneath His Ink (Teal and Trent #2; Love and War #3)
  • Fading Amber (The Cambion Chronicles, #3)
  • Ava's Thor(n)
Kyoko M is a USA Today bestselling author, a fangirl, and an avid book reader. She has written the Amazon bestselling Black Parade urban fantasy series as well as the Of Cinder and Bone science-fiction dragon hunting series. She has a Bachelor of Arts in English Lit degree from the University of Georgia, which gave her every valid excuse to devour book after book with a concentration in Greek myth ...more

The Black Parade (3 books)
  • The Black Parade (The Black Parade, #1)
  • She Who Fights Monsters (The Black Parade, #2)
“So,” Lauren said. “You help ghosts with unfulfilled wishes cross over to the astral plane for judgment.”
“And you hunt demons.”
“Yes.”
“And you’re married to an angel.”
“Yes.”
She paused. “…so basically, you’re Dean Winchester.”
I made an exasperated sound. “I am NOT.”
She smirked. “Yeah, sure.”
20 likes
“Listen and listen good, shitbrain. If you ever touch someone I love again, I will shove this cross down your throat and watch you choke on it. You want to know why a Prince of Hell wanted me so bad? Now you do. I’m not a nice girl. I’m a Seer. It is my job to save the people of the world from vultures like you. Now you take that back to whoever your boss is and let him come find me, if he’s stupid enough. I’ll bury you all if I have to.” 3 likes