Start by marking “Not Quite True (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)

Not Quite True

(Lowcountry Mysteries #3)

Published April 21st 2015 by Author Published (first published April 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite True

Start your review of Not Quite True (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
Iza Brekilien
Review written for http://theeraderjunkie.wordpress.com

I was happy to come back to Heron Creek. Reading Not quite true felt like meeting and taking news from friends and family – and there’s a fair amount of news ! In the last instalment, we left Mayor Beau about to be sent to jail concerning the affair of Leo’s sister. Beau’s brother, the insufferable Brick, comes to stand as his lawyer much to Graciela’s dismay. The handsome Mayor is accused of having been bribed to send Lindsay to jail instea
Lyla Payne
Jan 26, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
4/21/15

It's release day for NOT QUITE TRUE! I hope you enjoy the continuation of Gracie's story in Heron Creek as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for reading!! <3

The 3rd book in my Lowcountry series has a title and a release date! Woot!
Jaime Arkin
Here I am telling you that if you haven’t read any Lyla Payne books you absolutely must, and book 3 in her Lowcountry mystery series is just one more reason why.

With a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of book 2, we jump right back into the thick of Gracie’s life. Her boyfriend is being accused of abuse of power and is facing an uncertain future, and she has a spirit that’s been hanging around, not giving her much in the way of clues as to why he’s here. Add to that, her cousin Amelia’s depressio
Jamie Davis
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lyla nails it yet again in Lowcountry!

What in the actual Hell?!?!?! Yeah, I had those moments several times while reading. It's become a favorite saying since reading it in this book - thanks for a great "go to" statement, Lyla! ;-)

Lyla Payne NAILED it yet again! I've loved this series from the very first time I sat down to read Not Quite Dead. Gracie Harper is, and always will be, one of my favorite literary characters. From her snarky inner monologues, to her snappy comebacks and sharp wit, s
Melanie
I enjoyed this tale and the continuation of Gracie's story. I also like how Gracie is a mix of Nancy Drew and the Ghost Whisperer. In this one Gracie struggles with how much to help Beau who is on trial, while also trying to help a wayward ghost Dr. Ladd and figure out how to stop the curse against her family. Mystery, intrigue and shenanigans ensue. The supernatural aspects of the story were interesting. Some points it did seem that events where Gracie got herself in trouble were glossed over a ...more
Edeena Cross
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still gripping

Loving the continued storyline that flows beneath each book. Enjoying the growth in the characters and how they’re responding to each situation. And now I’m off to snag the next book.
Angela Shockley
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s a Mystery Trifecta

I loved every moment of reading Not Quite True! Once I started reading, I could not put it down!

Not Quite True picks up almost exactly where Not Quite Cold left off. Beauregard Drayton is being indicted and a new ghost has stopped for a visit. It is not long before Gracie picks up another spare ghost and the real fun and games begin! The resolution for one of these ghosts left me feeling so happy.

With Beau’s impending trial, we get to see a side to Heron Creek that we have
Kelsey
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I make it no secret that I am a huge fan girl for Lyla Payne and all of her work. The Lowcountry Ghost series has a special place in my heart solely for the one of a kind narrator, Gracie Harper. Gracie brings such a fun perspective to the story and I loved getting into her head once again. All the Heron Creek residents are back, in addition to some new folks, and putting up with Gracie's tendency towards bending the law.

After the cliffhanger that was Not Quite Cold, this book was much anticipat
Elisa
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just dosn't seem enough, I mean seriously how much more trouble can Gracie find...lol I know, I know trouble finds her easily...lol
Not Quite True is so full of adventure, mayhem and madness I just LOVED it. Gracie has 2 ghosts to deal with, she is also trying to keep her cousin safe and sane, Oh and the Mayor is in BIG trouble, Leo is not talking to Gracie and OMG when she actually needs someone to bail her butt out of Jail she calls her ex Will and her ex best friend Mel to save her.

Will G
Sandra Lancaster
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Lyla does a terrific job relaying historical details,developing the characters,and describing details of a small southern town. Gracie is such a a great character. I love her sassy attitude, sarcastic comebacks and willingness to stand up and fight for what who and what she believes in. She is growing throughout the series and accepting her role as the helper of ghosts. I love all the characters and any glimpse or insight of them I can get.

Her relationship with Beau is being
Keli Barrett
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lyla Payne gives me a new hope for finding books with an equal amount of romance/mystery/humor/eloquence. I am absolutely in love. Although I have all her books on digital devices, I will also be purchasing them so that I can hold them in my hands. And also loan them out to friends

This is the 3rd book in the Lowcountry series but let me assure you, it is not dragged out. If anything it is still pulling you in deeper. With the curse of a dead ancestor gripping Graciela and her cousin Amelia, her
Beth
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series! Graciela is one of those heroines that you can relate to...she's very real -- right down to the bad hair days. I enjoy the paranormal aspect much more than I would have expected, and I really liked how she picked up a new ghost this time around and he was able to communicate in new ways. And as always, Graciela gets herself into worlds of trouble as she tries to clear the name of her boyfriend. I enjoy the fact that I had several laugh out loud moments along with the mys ...more
little 'ole me
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really wish I had found this series before book 3, however that dies not stop me wanting to gush to all my friends about the New go to series for our little club.
Graciela is a loveable, funny, down to earth heroine with a paranormal twist. I love her blossoming romance with Beau (who's brother is Brick! I'm sorry but who is called Brick?!?) and how the town mayor can be falling in love with the underdog and sees all the positives whilst his constituents may differ from that opinion.
Gracie set
Kelly Mccurdy
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~

This is the third book in the Lowcountry series. And I have to tell you, this book does not disappoint at all. We pick up right where book two left off. There is trouble afoot in Heron Creek, and Gracie is for once not in the middle of it-or is she?! A trip to Charleston will help figure out who one ghost is, but she bring home a souvenir that she really doesn't need.

Lyla sure knows how to write a great book. This book is no exception. She wri
Ashlee Thatcher
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The great thing about how these stories are written is how seamlessly the books flow together. The writing is so descriptive that you feel as though you are right there in the scene, but not so overly descriptive that you lose sight of the story line.
With friendships, and romance, in peril, a new ghost's mystery to solve,and a curse hanging over her head will Gracie get the answers she needs? And, if she does, will the price she has to pay be worth it? Just another crazy day in Heron Creek!
Ano
Jan
Gracie is reeling from the arrest of her boyfriend when she picks up another ghost while on a Charleston ghost walk. Uh, yeah. Ghost walk was not a great idea. But now she is tasked with solving another historical ghost problem and prove her boyfriend's innocence. Well, she really does not have to do either, but, you know Gracie.

This series is just fun. Gracie, her family and friends are so clear in my mind. I would love to live in the town. Everything is just so real to me. Even the ghosts. Th
Jenn
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just LOVE Graciela and Millie! I didn't even realize how much I had truly missed them until I started reading Not Quite True. Lyla did an amazing job on incorporating where NQC left off to refresh the reading and not repeat the entire scenes. I adored Gracie's ghost and all the suspense kept me one the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see what is next to come.

* I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Bailie
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing! A test of strength of Beau and Gracie's relationship, with a truly thrilling end. I couldn't stop turning the pages, and finished the entire book in a day. The perfect book and perfect series to enjoy when your off sick :) It keeps you on your toes, and keeps you wanting to read more. Would recommend this book and series to anyone, including a random stranger on the street. LOVE IT!
Debbie Stephens
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love this Lyla Payne series. Romance, mystery, paranormal and a gritty main character in Grace Harper. She definitely gets herself into trouble. I love all the different storylines going on. I am excited to find out this is only book 3 in the series. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks Lyla for such an interesting and fun to read series.
Jude
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too fun!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Gracie's adventures. Ms. Payne's characters are exactly that - characters! Each one flawed and endearing. I hope to spend many more evenings in their company.
Heather Markowski
I love this series.

I have been hooked since the first book and can't wait for the next one to come out. The problems that Gracie gets herself into are never ending and provide for great reading!!!!
Tracy Trixy
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yay :) loving Graces knack for getting into trouble!
Another good read and more ghosts involved :)
Thus time tho, Grace encounters the whistling ghost, Dr Ladd, and once again she finds herself in life threatening situations!
Cannot wait for book four and the novella :)
Stella Kiel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Not Quite True. Coming from a small hometown myself, I can relate to many things written! For me, this is by far the better book of the series so far. Can't wait to start on the next book. Thank you Lyla
Janet
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Graciela drives me crazy!! Aside from doing exactly what she was asked NOT to do, she also gets into some of the most ridiculous positions. Amelia now seems super depressed & it feels like Beau is still hiding things from Gracie, but the story sucks you in were you HAVE to find out how it ends! ...more
Teresa Sambrook
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was a nail bitter! Beau vs. Leo, Gracie trying not to choose. Then Dr. Ladd, whistling doctor! He almost made me want my own friendly ghost. Then of course the curse and vodoo magic lurking in the shadows for Gracie and Millie. So much going, but good.
Beatrice
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It gets better and better

This is great series. The characters are believable and engaging. The plot is complex with lots of twists and turns. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes cozy mysteries.
Boneist
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Again, another enjoyable romp.
Barbara Eichler-Cline
Humor and tragedy

Like the continuing series and characters. Funny especially the self-talk. Gracie knows how to get into trouble. Ready for the next book.
Melanie Lunney
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This whole story is super cute, I can't wait to read more
Jennette Reid
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These books are so much fun to read! Love the characters :)

• When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations #5)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • Curtain Call (Magnolia Steele Mystery #4)
  • Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • The Love Season
  • Dirty Money (Neely Kate Mystery #3)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Call Back (Magnolia Steele Mystery #3)
  • Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • Until It Fades
  • Act Two (Magnolia Steele Mystery #2)
  • Silver Girl
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)
  • Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)
  • Not Quite Fixed (Lowcountry Mysteries #10)
  • Not Quite Settled (Lowcountry Mysteries #11)

News & Interviews

“People don’t get to choose their paths in life, but we can choose how we walk it.” 1 likes
“Nobody’s life is pretty, Beau. Not in all of the closets and rooms that stay locked.” He” 0 likes