Start by marking “A Pace of Grace: The Virtues of a Sustainable Life” as Want to Read:
A Pace of Grace: The Virtues of a Sustainable Life

A Pace of Grace: The Virtues of a Sustainable Life

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
In today’s anxiety-ridden, stress-infused world, even a moment of quiet reflection has become a time- consuming luxury most of us just can’t afford.  How did we reach this point? How did we lose our direction and sense of control? And, most important, how can we reclaim our lives?

Linda Kavelin Popov asked herself these same questions, after the pressures of her own workah
Published June 29th 2004 by Plume

Sep 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2008
This is a book for getting your life back on track. It is spiritual and practical, and Ms. Popov does not preach; she shares. I know I will go back to this book again and again.
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very practial organizational & spiritual advice to put into practice for everyday living to create a calm & peaceful path.
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An internal workbook that reads like a novel, one which draws you in to do the very work we tend to avoid.

I'll be going back again and again, to see how my answers, not so much change, but disappear from the landscape of my life.

Truly helpful in unpacking the emotional suitcases we drag from one year to the next.
Douglas Lord
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Mashing together a do-less, enjoy-more philosophy with a range of retread techniques (e.g., do yoga, practice forgiveness, work smarter), psychotherapist Popov seeks to help readers simplify their lives. Unfortunately, her book reads like a disjointed, overstuffed, and often precious scrapbook. After blaming "FOG" (fatigue, overwhelm, and guilt) for people's distress, she dispenses advice rooted in the ideals of the nonprofit organization she cofounded, the Virtues Project International. Readers ...more
A Pace of Grace helps us to reclaim our energy, our time, and our health. Simple practices grounded in the virtues of a sustainable life open us to a new flow of grace.
A Pace of Grace offers a four-part program to Purify Your Life, Pace Yourself, Practice the Presence, and Plan a Sustainable Life. It contains Ten Rules for Health which can free you from stress, and support you to live with joy,
balance and vitality.
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. My one complaint is that the information lacked a certain amount of authority (she "received" the ten rules for health), but she gives so many interesting nuggets of wisdom about psychology and spirituality, that by the end I was truly inspired. I plan on reading a second time to glean even more, and am interested to seek out more of her writing on the virtues project.
Elizabeth Marcus
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had a lot of information about taking care of yourself, making your life more joyful and spiritual. The writer was a hospice and later spiritual director, who developed the Virtues project and workshops. Though not all the information will be relevant to everyone, there's a lot that will resonate to us all.
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Zuzana by: Dara Feldman
Definitely not the best-written book in the world, but it has a pile of great stuff in it, and I have a feeling I'll need to revisit parts of it in the future as well. Great for anyone trying to make more sense of how to live a life centered around virtues!
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Life changing!! I've already started living my life differently with more focus on spirituality and virtues. Very refreshing.
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorites...simple steps to slow down and LIVE life
Apr 01, 2012
ruth clements
Jan 07, 2015
Aug 11, 2012
Nov 26, 2008
rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2014