Start by marking “Still Life (Forever Still #1)” as Want to Read:
Still Life (Forever Still #1)

Still Life

(Forever Still #1)

Loss… a word Elizabeth Haddington knows only too well. Despite the tragedies she’s endured, she’s been able to rise from the adversity she’s faced and begin her life again. Being a self-assured and strong woman, she knows she doesn’t need anyone to make her whole.

Hate, pain, and twisted memories are all Sawyer Bryant’s ever known. He’d slowly lost who he was and what he sh
Published April 15th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published April 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Still Life, please sign up.
A.M. Johnson Yes, It is a Stand Alone in a Series of Interconnected Stand Alones. The Next Installment is the continuation of Todd's Story. I hope that helps =)

Start your review of Still Life (Forever Still #1)
Carissa
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s-2015
3.5 Stars

Still Life is a story of Hope. Two persons who have lost so much in their short lives, facing the demons of their past, while struggling to survive their present, are brought together to heal each other.

To recover. To Love. TOGETHER.

Sawyer Bryant had a promising future. Go to university, study communications and business and keep the Sawyer legacy alive. While overlooking his father's infidelity, and take punches like a man, while his mother faded into the background. Living a cold and
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
I’m actually quite struggling with what to say about this one. On the one hand, there were things I quite enjoyed but other things about it just kept nagging at me.

For all the feels that this book has, I am a bit underwhelmed. I feel like I was only engaged superficially. Perhaps this came across as more telling than showing for me. Frankly, it would’ve induced a lot of eye rolls from me had I not have to constantly remind myself to to treat the MCs on their own merits and not compare them to o
Brianna
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My sister always pointed this out in the Harry Potter movies. if you look at the intros, you can tell how darker they go. Sorcerer's Stone is light and happy, then by Deathly Hallows it's dark and dreary and you know something major is going to happen... This is basically Still Life. It starts fairly light, then as the book progresses you learn about Sawyer and Elizabeth with their pasts and I can't help but make that little connection. That's the best way to describe the progression of this boo ...more
Dani
A beautifully written debut novel by A.M. Johnson.

The story of Sawyer and Elizabeth is not your ordinary fairy tale. This intricately woven tale takes you on a journey of two souls that didn't believe love was possible. There are obstacles in their path and they're not easy.

Sawyer has been to war, both in a literal sense as well as figuratively. A victim as a child, a survivor of abuse, he has seen horrific things. The difficult life of living with an abusive father. There were things that he w
Innergoddess_Booklover
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love how two broken people can mend each other, help each other through their darker times and love on another so hard. Sawyer and Elizabeth are made for one another excepting each other's past over coming their darkness . They came to each others lives at the perfect time.. And omg Todd is/was a little manwhore..
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
+++ 4 TORMENTED STARS!!! +++

Still Life was a beautiful story of hope, recovery, love, and overcoming loss.

Sawyer is an ex Navy SEAL that battles the demons of his past and the demons of war. The moment he sees Elizabeth it's as if there finally is a light at the end of the tunnel but she's forbidden. For his roommate Todd, has feelings for her too.

"Elizabeth was my redemption. I felt I could conquer anything with her by my side."

Elizabeth is the lead singer of her band Unbridled. Thirteen y
Taylor
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was wildly amazing! I was up till one a.m. reading this beauty because I didn't want to put it down. Sawyer's and Elizabeth's story was breathtakingly beautiful. It was heart- breaking but beautiful. Seeing where they both started and where they end up was truly amazing.
Sawyer was a struggling character through the book. Having been raised in the worst of situations and been a Navy Seal for 8 years, he's seen the worst. He now thinks he's damaged good and will live his life alone. Unt
Michelle Krystel
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AM Johnson you are fucking genius this book is so good I can't even explain how it made me feel it was amazing ! It even made me laugh, cry kept me in suspense I loved the ending great job Hun . Anyone I mean anyone who likes to read romantic erotic books and 5 stars should definitely 100% read this book i guarantee you will fucking love it ! Definitely 5 stars in my eyes . I can't wait for still water !
Jenny
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am usually a sucker for a solider story but Sawyer was so sweet. No bad boy. No ultra male. He was just a broken boy trying to be the man he needed to be for Elizabeth.

I loved that these two struggling humans didn't do it alone - both sought and continued to seek help in therapists. It was refreshing that they weren't just plugging along ... Their sessions were part of the story.

I love a survival love story and this is definitely one.
Martha Sweeney
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
My favorite character in this book was Sawyer . . . aside from the fact that his body is dreamy, I really enjoyed the personal growth he had throughout the story. Even with all the anger and rage, he allows love into his heart . . . he allows himself to not only heal, but to grow as an individual.

There were some parts of his POV that felt like it was more of a woman's thoughts than a man's. Men don't look at women, skinny or not, and think to themselves that they want to give the woman a cheeseb
Dita
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is sooo sweet with a lot of heart breaking moments,it's a little bit slow at first, but it's definitely worth it...it's about two fucked up people met, they've been through a lot, but they're completed each other, they've found home in each other's presence.
Such an awesome couple, they're so perfect for each other, they're healing each other's heart.

Sawyer is a sweet guy (i have a thing with man in uniform,especially NAVY).
He's so kind. his childhood made me cringe, but he's survive an
Angela
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Worthy Stars For A Debut Author

What a read this was! Still Life had me from the start all the way through to till the end.

It was beautifully written and I loved that the fact it was from both characters perspectives.
It had all the feels, which I loved.

For a debut author, AM Johnson has done an amazing job. It's just too hard to express what this book did to me without giving it away. You just have to read it fr yourself!!

Can't wait for the next book.

Was given an arc in exchange for an hones
bookmarkbelles
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it

Rating 3.5/5 this story was a little slow but good! Sawyer was so damn sweet he melted my heart❤️ I just wished he was more aggressive! You know me I love my alpha males
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
AM Johnson reached out to me to review her first novel and I was more than happy to. I love getting the word of new or unknown authors out there. They deserve every opportunity to be noticed.

This story is about overcoming loss, dealing with demons and finding your true match in life. Sawyer and Elizabeth meet and it's insta-love. Elizabeth is somewhat forbidden because of her relationship with Sawyer's roommate but they can't keep themselves away from eachother.

"I don't do regret, Sawyer. Life
Bookbuster
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What amazes me is that this is A.M. Johnson’s first novel. It was PERFECT! I love the way A.M. Johnson brought the characters together, the story was equal in the love, the plot, the twist and the intimacy. The story was refreshing.

"I pulled back and looked into his emerald eyes. They were infinite, beautiful, and they were breaking my soul wide open. I gave him feather light kisses on each eyelid. My fingers caressed the tender skin. He shivered. When his eyes opened again I swore I could see i
Maria Macdonald
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I opened this book I wasn’t sure what to expect. I love to read but I have been so busy lately that finding time to read is a struggle. When I do I usually pick a book I’ve been waiting for. Taking the time to pick up a book from a new author was something I wanted to do but I was hoping I was going to find something great.
What I found between the pages was magic! I was so drawn into this book that I read it within about 12 hours.
It had me, completely, from the beginning, not just about wh
Cynthia Rodriguez
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Final rating: 3.5
For a debut novel, Johnson is well on her way to greatness. The story was a nice take on giving yourself a second chance. There was plenty of tragedy, but in the end, love conquered all. I had no real issues with the story other than how perfect Elizabeth was. So much so, that Sawyer said it multiple times. I understand that she had to be unbreakable in order to be with someone like Sawyer. But it almost annoyed me how "perfect" she was. Almost. I still loved them and the story
Aubrie Brown
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still Life. Oh. My. Gosh. I am at a loss for words. This amazing book opened up my soul and just made me feel every ounce of love, pride and pain that was endured. The storyline is so beautiful. Sawyer and Elizabeth were perfect. Here you have Sawyer, the leading Alpha who can't help how he feels and goes after what he wants. His journey was so painful and cruel. It hurt me having to read his life story. But I was so proud when he slowly opened up and learnt that it's okay to let go of everythin ...more
K.E. Osborn
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing start by a brand new author.

Still Life is the story of Elizabeth and her troubled past. When Elizabeth meets Sawyer sparks fly and the chemistry is instant. Sawyer also has a troubled past and when their two worlds collide, will their pasts stop them from having a future?

I won't say too much about the story as I don't want to ruin any of the surprises, but let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by the way I connected to the characters. I hurt when they hurt, I laughed when t
Heidi Bocarisa
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Elizabeth and Sawyer. It is a story about love and loss. A story about the past, the present and the future and whether two people who have had more than their fair share of pain an heartache can fix and heal each other.

This was an engaging read that moved at the right pace with believable characters. I am really, really looking forward to reading the next one in the series !
L.A. Taylor
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Soooo I was waiting for this book for a wee while after hearing about it on instagram.

And hell if it wasn't worth the wait.

I very often find female leads quite irritating but I liked Elizabeth and I freaking loved Sawyer.

Beautifully written and I loved that it was from both perspectives.

Annnnnnd I fully thought Todd was gonna be involved with Gavin cos he was so jealous!

Gahhhh I cant wait for the next book in the series! I really hope its out soon
Shelsea
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommend to me by a friend. After seeing the teasers everywhere on Instagram, I finally decided to give Still Life a chance. I bought the book and was not disappointed. A few months later the author was published! My favorite character is Swayer. I cannot wait to read Still Water. I'm not a big fan of Todd, but judging from the reviews I bet I'm going to love him. I STILL WANT SETH. I'm patiently waiting for Seth.
Jasmine Roman
I loved the book and it was written beautifully I love how Liz and Sawyer its Ride or Die together it took him more time to believe her to the fullest because his past was bad but he got there. The relationship with Todd, Liz, and Cam is amazing even though Todd is so in love with Liz they were still family no matter what. She is a strong tiny little woman and I fell in love with her myself. LoL
But you should read it its that good.
Sydney
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5

This was such an amazing book!!!! I loved the struggles between Liz and Sawyer and how it all worked out in the end.

For me i love books where their is an emotional struggle they have to work through, and this book was exactly that.

Amazing book. Love the Author, Can't wait for more.
Jen
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel so incredibly honored to read this book. We meet Sawyer and Elizabeth after they both have had tragedies and loneliness to over come. This story says so much about how having unconditional love can truly help a person fight their demons.

I am looking forward to more in this series!
Sarah Armstrong
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars for debut!!!

I really enjoyed this book.
We have Elizabeth & Sawyer, who are two broken people & have experienced such tragedy. Can they get their happy ending? Do not hesitate to buy. Can't wait for next.
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
AM JOHNSON

First I want to say I love am Johnson I think she's an amazing writer and this was a debut novel whatttttt? Sawyer and Lizzie were perfect, both troubled but perfect I can not wait for Todd's story!!!!
BeautyandtheBooks
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book twice already. I'll prob reread it over and over. It's a story you don't want to forget. Sawyer and Lizzie are soulmates. They just have to get through a little thing called the past, especially when it interferes with their future. It's such a beautiful story!
Cheryl
5 exceptional stars!!!

Still Life is the story of two lost souls that find the light in each other. The book covers some very serious topics and it can get heavily emotional but it's SO WORTH IT!! The author is brilliant with her words and I can't wait to read more of her books!
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
*full review to follow*
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Warrior Blue
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • She Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
  • Junk Miles (Brenna Blixen, #2)
  • Saving Cassie (Fairfield Corners #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale
  • Revealed (Soul Shifters #2)
  • His Wants (Taking What He wants, #0.5)
  • Silent Revenge
  • Saving Rebel (Renegade Rebels MC)
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man #4.5)
  • Untouchable
  • Before I Let You In
  • Queen Honeypot
  • The Last Thing I Remember
  • The Amber Keeper
  • What Goes Around
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not at the hockey rink with her kiddos, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

Forever Still (3 books)
  • Still Water (Forever Still #2)
  • Still Surviving (Forever Still #3)

News & Interviews