Start by marking “Eyes of the Dead (The Gardens, #1)” as Want to Read:

Eyes of the Dead (The Gardens, #1)

Homicide Detective Joseph Berlin’s life is a mess. He’s drinking too much, he dreams of his dead wife, and he’s been off the job for the last three months. After a forced meeting with a police psychologist and a transfer to the Gardens police department, Berlin is tasked with solving the murder of undercover police officer Tim Scott.

But when Special Agent Widmark shows up
Published February 17th 2015 by EnemyOne

To ask other readers questions about Eyes of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eyes of the Dead

Start your review of Eyes of the Dead (The Gardens, #1)
Aly
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarything
I enjoyed this book very much. I like crime dramas for the most part and this one was great. Joseph Berlin is the main character and I enjoyed the different aspects of this character. Sometimes you love him and other times not so much. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Debi
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story held my attention all along while wondering where it was going to go next. Detective Berlin was returning to Homicide after a leave of absence following the death of his wife.
I received a copy of this book for my review. I requested it thinking it had a supernatural angle to it. It did, somewhat, but vaguely. He saw his wife again here and there, but she could have been in his head. The book only hints at what happened to her, and I'm not the type of reviewer who regurgitates the stor
Bruce Carroll
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read with some pulse-pounding suspense and a few surprises along the way. While slow in spots, it was, on the whole, enjoyable, and the ending was most gratifying.

The Gardens is easily the most corrupt city this side of Gotham. Like Gotham city, the Gardens has a glorious past that is now overshadowed by crime and grime. You won't find any caped crusaders here, but you will find police detective Joseph Berlin.

Some of the elements of this book are a bit cliched, such as Berlin's st
Loretha
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book for free through the LibraryThing.com Early Reviewers Program in exchange for an honest review."Eyes of the Dead" overall was an okay read, but I would have liked to have seen a little more character development, especially with the protagonist of the story. The plot of the story was not an original one, so it would have been nice to see a different twist on the concept of police corruption. What was frustrating about the book is that no answers were provided to explain char ...more
Bill Thibadeau
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it
What do you get when you combine what is actually a very good storyline with atrocious editing and perhaps very poor writing? The answer is Eyes of the Dead. Unlike other readers, I stuck with this book as I feel authors spend a good deal of time writing the book and I can read it in only a few hours. When I peeled away all the negative aspects of this book, I found a very interesting character of great depth. I also found a very interesting plot that kept me going.
This book is difficult to rea
Steve
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is the first book in a crime series by Adam Netherlund which I probably won't continue to read. The writing is uneven. In some places I felt a degree of tension and the ending is a great cliffhanger. But, overall, it feels rather amateurish with the attempt at stream of conscious writing (every so often, we have italicised thoughts from the characters) is distracting and redundant. I found the occasional colloquialisms of language (eg, nothin', what yah doing?) to be unnecessary and inconsi ...more
Kim
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it

by Adam Netherlund

Good story I just thought it was a little choppy in spots and found it didn't come together as well as it could have in the end. I will probably read on in the series just because I like to give it a good chance and I have read on in other series that didn't grab me from the first book but the rest were better.

I received this book from the author for my honest review.
Julia David
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I like crime thrillers. The writing was a little uneven, but I think the author will get better with the next book. All the elements are there. Sometimes I really liked Berlin and sometimes I didn't. I would like to read the next book to see how this is all going to play out.
Melanie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was hooked ,can't wait to read the next book
Kathryn Cantrell
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
disclaimer: I got the book free in early reviewers. Descent debut. I had some difficulty with some of the protagonist's actions. With some work, the follow-up book could be better than this one.
jwals
Beth Tidman
Marie
Dale
Jan 28, 2015
Adam Netherlund has worked in two bookstores in his young life and it was there that his passion for books began to really take hold. Adam enjoys reading mysteries, thrillers, and pulp books from days long past. He lives in Ontario, Canada with his wife and their pug, Vincent.

Sign up to be notified of new releases at: bit.ly/adamnetherlund

Like him on Facebook at: facebook.com/adamnetherlund

News & Interviews