Start by marking “Quirks & Kinks” as Want to Read:

Quirks & Kinks

“It’s a new show, Quirks and Kinks. We’ve already selected a male reenactment actor to be your co-host, so you're the last piece of the puzzle. There’s some seriously f@$%ed up sh*t out there that people are into, and the two of you are going to be the face of it.”

“I’m going to be the face of people’s freakish fetishes?” I asked disbelievingly.

Larry shrugged his
Published July 13th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Quirks & Kinks, please sign up.
Laurel Curtis I definitely think all of my characters have some sort of quirk that makes them feel more human, but this book has a few more than average. ;)

Start your review of Quirks & Kinks
Mariℓina
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Quirky? Yes! Kinky? Maybe! Refreshing? Absolutely!
It's definitely weird and overdramatic but a compelling story nonetheless with charming characters and surely a unique premise.

I took a dive into the story right away, but after a while the whole extravaganza i was patiently waiting for, ended up being a vague and dull plotline, with no actual substance and some serious blank points.

My big problem certainly had to do with the chemistry the two main characters shared. Don't get me wrong, there was
Laurel Curtis
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*****LIVE*****

Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1cgRmH9
iBooks: http://apple.co/1LGqpJK
Nook: http://bit.ly/1HFV9Na
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1ew29Ph
Available on most major retailers!

Confident words were my modus operandi, but a good earthquake could wreck even the strongest of routines. My table at El Loco, tonight—this guy—was the epicenter.

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Quirks and Kinks by Laurel Ulen Curtis is a fun, fresh, quirky, humorous, and sweet read!! This was the first book that I had read from this author and surely won't be my last.

#QuirksKinks

Quirks and Kinks is the title of a new television show that chronicles couples and regular folks on what else but their quirks and kinks. As a matter of fact, the premise of the show is something I would definitely be interested in tuning in and
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars

‘That’s what I’m going to do when I’m living free and breathing easy.’

We love this Author; her sense of humour is effortless and transparent through her words in Quirks and Kinks. This story starts out absolutely riveting; making us smile, laugh and swoon as we follow the beautiful, funny and likeable characters – Anderson and Easie.

We were completely entranced in this seemingly unique and oddball storyline wanting more of the quirky and hilarious concept. We wanted to laugh as the
Carli
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review**

This is the type of book that reminded me why I love to read. The writing is so organic and the characters so unimaginably relatable. I laughed, I cried, I swooned and then I did them all over again. This book wasn't just a book, it was an experience. Now, even days after reading it, I'm still thinking about Easie and Anderson, missing their banter and finding ways to work their one liners into my daily conversations. Read the
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

3.5 Stars

‘That’s what I’m going to do when I’m living free and breathing easy.’

Debbie Dumke
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I lack the articulation to do this book justice, so please bare with me. One of the things I love so much about this author is her sense of humor, she puts it into full force with the character Easie. I hate wimpy, whinny, weak female characters. I can assure you Easie is FAR from that. She's full of sarcasm, wit & spunk. She comes out with some zingers including making up her own words. (Twaintasaurus. “Twaint, the mix of twat, taint, and cunt means you’re a ho. The dinosaur part means you’ ...more
Vera Baker
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Womance: platonic love relationship with a female
FLOVE: F**King Love

I need a whole new language and set of words to talk about how much I adore this book. Laurel Ulan Curtis set out to write a funny book about out-of-the-ordinary sexual practices and adorable lead characters. She did, but she did so much more. This is a truly amazing character study into how people fall in love, how sometimes tragedy molds a life into an unsustainable lifestyle, how we can only live for us, not others. And to
Jenna
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book! It was such a different read. I loved the idea behind the show Quirks & Kinks! It is something that I would totally watch! I loved reading about it as it was!

Easie- love her name, it is so different- was a great character. I won't lie, at first I wondered if I was going to hate her cause she was so bitchy but it didn't take long for her to win me over. Now I like her bitchness and her! She was sassy and foul mouthed. Living out in California trying to be an actress is not
♡★☆Claudia☆★♡
Quirks and Kinks

~ 5 STARS ~

I received an ARC of Q & K in exchange for an honest review

To say this book is a breath of fresh air would be an understatement.
I love this book something fierce, then again, I love all of Laurel's books, but Q&K is different, it would make you laugh so hard, cry like a baby and wish that the main characters are real so they'll become your best friends.
Easie and Anderson are amazing, strong, witty and impossible not to fall in love with!

Easie is absolutely
Anna
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So SO quirky and good. I'll have a full review up soon!
Miranda Elaine
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Sexual frustration was ripe, the tease of having Anderson's hand and mouth all over me day in and day out becoming the absolute worst form if torture. Forget the waterboarding, America. Strap people down and blue ball 'em to death."

Seriously this book was everything and nothing I was expecting! I knew going in that it was a Laurel book so it would be fun and well written but after looking at the blurb and cover I thought I was in for a light and fluffy book with a lot of one liners. I had
dreamerinexile
I want to live free and breathe easy 5 solid gold stars

*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Easie the quirky heroine with snarky personality and sarcastic disposition. Anderson the hot guy hero with an incredible heart and misguided notions. Sigh. E and A both were on a journey of finding themselves. It doesn't look like that in the beginning but this story is about finding yourself.

Easie is prickly at best, she doesn't show herself to anyone and is pretty comfortable
Angie
**I received an ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow. What an amazing read. What started out as pretty damn funny turned into a beautiful story with substance.

Easie Reynolds is an out-of-work actress with a fiesty attitude. Her sister/best friend/manager gets her a part as a host slash reenactor for a new show called Quirks & Kinks which features real couples' bedroom fetishes reenacted by Easie and Anderson Evans.

Anderson wasn't originally cast. Easie met him
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
omgosh! this book was a refreshing unexpected surprise!
Laurel is extremely witty and sarcastic, her writing is funny!
Don't get me wrong, the story of Easie and Anderson gives you the feels too!

Easie is really spunky and not a wimp! She is an spiring actress who gets a shot at being on a show that will expose the different quirks and kinks and kinks people have. Her Co-host is Anderson, and God I luv him!!!

They charter this crazy course on this insane show, which ultimately brings them
Tasha
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
**I received an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review**

Holy Smokes!!! This story was amazing!! I have a huge crush on Anderson... Sorry Danny!! Laurel is a genius and everybody everywhere should be reading her books...ALL OF THEM!! She is that awesome!! This book had me feeling all kinds of emotions!!
D.C.
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC for review

Can I have Anderson?!? But seriously this book was amazing. I laughed out loud several times while reading and that's what I loved about it. Even with all the humor there was a lot of raw emotion there too. Simply this was a very well written story and I can't wait for everyone else to get their hands on it!
Amy
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first 25% moved a bit slow for me, but once I got past that point, it was quick reading. Easie and Anderson are great counterpoints to each other. I was a bit upset at Anderson for not sharing sooner, but it worked within the story. The epigue was sweet and a fitting end to the book.
Alison Maxwell
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book and it was laugh out hilarious. I loved the concept of the story, the characters were amazing.

Would definitely recommend
Three Chicks
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Skewes
I went into this book not really knowing much about the story itself. I just knew that is was a new book from Laurel Ulen Curtis, so that means that I will read it. Quirks and Kinks is a fun, witty, and refreshing read. It has just the right amount of wittiness and sarcastic humor that I love from Ms. Curtis mixed with sexiness but also a bit of sadness as well. And of course, a hero that you will just fall in love with.

Easie is snarky, witty, sarcastic and at times may come
Megan
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review* Thank you!

description

Quirks & Kinks is a very interesting book along with the characters.

Easie is a Quirky character. I really enjoyed her character most of the time. She was hilarious at times, but sometimes she is just a little bit over the top. And sometimes how she dealt with things on the show and her reactions were annoying sometimes too. I really like her relationship with her sister. They are best friends and can tell each other
Kim
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Quirks & Kinks is a wonderful mix of emotional moments, inappropriate humor and unexpected situations. If you are a fan of Tara Sivec's Chocolate Lovers series, you should definitely enjoy this book as well.

Let's start with the humor first. One of the things I love about this author's books is her ability to make me laugh. I can definitely appreciate her sense of humor since it so closely mirrors mine and I should know better than to try to sneak in reading at work, but of course I
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! I love Laurel's books. They ALWAYS make me laugh. And give me feels. Tons and tons of them. I have been really excited about Quirks & Kinks. The premise of this book just sounded so different and original and I mean, look at that cover. It is fabulous and just crazy weird. That cover makes me want to know what the hell is going on inside of the book.

And what is going on inside of that book is freaking hilarious and big time cray cray!

"I'm going to be the best pregnant clown sex
***Cheryl***
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quirks and Kinks is another fun, witty and sweet read.

The story is about Easie and Anderson. Both are aspiring actors in L.A. Easie lands a part in a new show ‘Quirks and Kinks’. To celebrate she goes to a restaurant where she had an encounter with Anderson. On the first day of her new show she meets her male co-stars and it is clear that the pair don’t get on and Easie finds him creepy. Following an incident her co-star is fired and Easie needs a new one quickly. This is where Anderson enters.
Rachel
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015

I picked up this book expecting to find a light, off the wall comedy. What I found was something so much more. I loved the depth and backstory that made this more than a quirky comedy and made it impossible to put down until I had read the final words.

Easie Reynolds is a struggling actress with the added stress of having her sister as her manager. If Easie doesn’t have work, her sister doesn’t get paid either. When he least favorite producer calls with a re-enactment role, Easie doesn’
Katy
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for review.

And I'm so glad that I did, because it puts me in this position-a place where I can shout "I LOVED THIS BOOK!" Ok. Sorry. Had to get that out.
This book is a wonderfully written story about how sometimes life doesn't go the way we expect it to...and how freaking hilarious the journey can be, even in it's most trying times. I found myself laughing hysterically while I shouted my favorite lines at my husband (so he wouldn't think I was completely crazy), I
Shelee at Book Reader Chronicles
**4.5 STARS**

Easie Reynolds is finding that trying to become an actor is getting close to not worth it. She's been in the business for seven years and still hasn't hit it big. Which leaves her open and desperate to take the next available job that's open: a reenactment actress for a show about couples quirks and kinks. Surely it's not something she wants to do, but she needs it to not be homeless. Easie was entirely, well, easy to relate to. She sort of let anything slip from her mouth (nice
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Quirks and Kinks was my "surprise I loved this book' pick of the week. I went into this book, not knowing a single things about it and fell in love with a cute and moving story. This was a funny and telling tale about why people do the things they do and what lies behind their actions. (PS, I am not giving the plot away)

Meet Easie, yes her name is Easie. She is witty and sarcastic and fantastic. I love a women who is made tough and snarky. It makes her fun and lovable for me. She is an
A little birdie told me...
For those of you steering clear of this book because the title suggests it might be a bit too racy for your liking, relax. Although the book is about an actress who gets a part on a reality show that reveals people's sexual idiosyncrasies, the show and what it reveals is not the focus. Additionally, said idiosyncrasies mentioned are so far left of center that they really can't be considered that racy. (Note: they are not mocked. The show's purpose is to inform and encourage open mindedness.)

Up All Night Book Addict
How could one not love a book about a show that showcases quirks and kinks in the bedroom? You couldn't could you? I know I can't help but to love this book!

The first part of this book is full of laughs. I mean, come on... Clown sex? Right there, alone, had me in stitches. Trust me, there is more... But really, the clown sex alone is enough to make you curious, right?

All jokes aside... This book isn't just about a television show. It's about two people, who share an undeniable attraction, who
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bottoms Up (The Rock Bottom Series, #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Rewind
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • Mack (The King Trilogy, #4)
  • The Ten Club (The King Trilogy, #5)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • King's (The King Trilogy, #1)
  • King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2)
  • King of Me (King Trilogy, #3)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Vein Of Love (Blackest Gold, #1)
  • The Billionaire Book Club (Billionaire Collection 3)
  • Eminent Love
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
  • Coach Long
  • Sins of Sevin
  • Cocky Fiancé
Laurel Ulen Curtis is a 28 year old mother of one. She lives with her husband and son (and cat!) in New Jersey, but grew up all over the United States. She graduated from Rutgers University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, and puts that to almost no use other than forecasting for her friends! She has a passion for her family, laughing, and reading and writing Romance novels. Oh, ...more