Start by marking “Deep Blue Eternity” as Want to Read:
Deep Blue Eternity

Deep Blue Eternity

Published March 26th 2015 by NPRB

To ask other readers questions about Deep Blue Eternity, please sign up.
Natasha Hi Cinthia - This is a standalone!
…more
Hi Cinthia - This is a standalone!
(less)
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
549 books — 2,368 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,937 books — 5,169 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Deep Blue Eternity
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5 stars!

“When I was younger I was asked to describe what I thought love was...Blue and infinite, clear but deep, where no man could truly reach. A deep blue eternity.”

I love this author, love Eversea, and love her writing style, but I’m sad to say this book did not work for me at all. The story ended up being so different from what I thought it would be and no matter how hard I tried to connect, I couldn’t feel any kind of chemistry between the main characters, wasn’t a fan of how convolut
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
3 ~ 3.5 Stars

"Was there any right way for us? For me? Or were we completely damned?

[image error]

Olivia has run away to her deceased grandmother’s cottage in Daufuskie Island, South Carolina. She is surprised to be sharing the cottage with a hot guy named Tom. She is a bit out of it and also is haunted by the death of her sister and recent horrors at home.

Tom and Olivia’s relationship is slow building which did work but there were things that I just didn’t’ like about the story. The town fo
Brandi
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: angst

3-3.5 Stars

description

Olivia is running - away from her parents, and her past, in the 6 years since her sisters tragic death, she has suffered immensely. With her 18th birthday closing in, she finally decides to make her escape, running to the only place she has ever felt safe. So she finds herself heading to her grandmother's cabin, on the isolated South Carolina island of Daufuskie.

"You can always come here. This is a place of love, Livvy. Always."

When she finally reaches her destination, she quickly
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Almost 18-year-old Olivia ran away from home.

She's on her way to the cottage her grandma left her - a cottage on Daufuskie Island in Georgia.

description

But someone is already living there...Tom.

He used to be in love with Olivia's sister Abby - but Abby has been dead for six years now.

Lots of horrible things happened back then and a lot must've happened after Abby was gone, because Olivia felt the need to get away from home.

And now in that one safe place from her childhood, she and Tom need each other to h
Vilma Iris
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully evocative and utterly heart wrenching. Natasha Boyd’s best work to date.

Natasha Boyd utterly mesmerized me with this powerful, beautifully imparted story of lies, loss and love. It’s a deeply moving story that touched me in many ways and I was so invested in the characters, so drawn in from the very beginning, that I didn’t stop from the time I picked it up, until the emotional end. The story stirs feelings of sadness and betrayal, heartlessness and brutality, secrets and suspense, a
Hanne
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Olivia needs to escape her home and she runs away. She moves into a cottage that she inherited from her grandmother. When she arrives there, there is already living someone at the cottage. Tom needed an escape too many years ago and he has been living there since. Olivia prefers to be alone, but she doesn’t send Tom away. They don’t see each other a lot, but they do become friends. They gradually grow closer and eventually develop strong feelings for each other.

I adored Olivia and Tom. Olivia is
Aestas Book Blog
Well this sounds awesome!!

Livvy is on the run. And she’s escaped to the one place nobody will ever find her. But the isolated cottage isn’t empty. Her refuge is home to a troubled stranger, Tom, there for reasons of his own.

In the intimacy of the abandoned cottage, and the remote wilderness of the island, the electrifying connection between them is impossible to ignore. Both running from their histories and shielding dark secrets, their pasts catch up with them and collide in an unimaginable wa
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
“I kept my eyes closed. I couldn’t bear for him to see what mine must look like. Desperate. Yearning. Drowning in agony.”

Yearning and desperation. Two feelings perfectly conveyed by the author in Deep Blue Eternity. I can’t stop thinking about this book! A beautifully written, haunting story of two very lost souls, Natasha Boyd also injects some much-needed humor and a whole lot of sexy into this magnificent book.

Livvy has run away to her grandmother’s old island cottage and is quite shocked to
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 02, 2015 marked it as top-tbr
NOW LIVE - http://amzn.to/1HQ98vc 99 cents ...more
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
After Natasha gave us the Eversea series, I was expecting great things from her with Deep Blue Eternity (DBE).

DBE has a darker feel to it but offers an overwhelming message of hope. I could feel the emotions swirling on the pages through Livvy and Tom's POVs. My heart broke with theirs, my heart celebrated with theirs. Natasha did a great job just making me feel.

After each has suffered tragic losses, two lonely and broken young people come together to try to make sense out of the pain life has t
Mallory

I really wanted to like this book more. The setup, while vague, seemed promising. But once it got going I was at times bored and confused. Livvy and Tom never spend enough time together to really form a connection. And for most of the book their interactions are both intriguing and frustrating.

Because of the backstory and past connection these two had, I just couldn't bring myself to care about their HEA. There are times when I can read this type of romance, but it has to be done right
Mandy
Wow! This is such a gorgeous and heartbreaking story! I loved this book! My heart hurt for Liv throughout this story. I loved the build-up, the dual POV, the glimpses of the past - the way this book was written is brilliant. I absolutely loved this book and it's a top book of 2015 for me!
HMS
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story, but as some of you may or may not know (or care) I am a justice girl...I wanted Abby and Olivia's disgusting attacker hung by his testicles, but I won't dwell.
With that said, this book hit all my bells and whistles. Suspense, unanswered questions/mystery, a hodgepodge of quirky characters and of course romance.
Loved it!
Brenna Aubrey
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With DEEP BLUE ETERNITY, Natasha Boyd has crafted a story of damaged souls learning to find themselves and the most elusive kind of forgiveness—that of one’s self. I was immediately pulled into the heartrending tale of Liv, Tom and the remote, idyllic cottage where their souls go to heal. They were my friends and I lived there with them. A story I could not put down nor look away from, DEEP BLUE ETERNITY will make you care for these characters and their raw emotional tale with all the haunting b ...more
Olivia
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Two stars seems a bit mean but I really felt like this book was just..ok. There was nothing overly wrong or right about it. The book deals with some serious themes and I thought they were dealt with well. However the romance between Olivia and Tom didn't affect me and I found myself getting bored with the island life. Olivia's sassy attitude got old really quick and I found myself getting embarrassed for her.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
I've read two full books and one short story by Natasha Boyd, but let me tell you that without a doubt, Deep Blue Eternity is her best book so far. It was an absolutely a touching, amazing story that I'm so glad I got a chance to read.
To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect starting this book. I had a feeling it would be a great story but I hadn't expected to love it this much or be so touched by it. I shed some tears at the end and it really felt like my heart would burst out of my chest —st
Alan
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Deep Blue Eternity", Boyd's third full-length romance novel, shows again how accomplished this gifted author is.

A seventeen-year-old runaway and a young recluse cross paths at a rundown cottage on a barrier island off the Georgia coast. Each is seeking healing. Neither is seeking romance. And when the romance comes, both initially reject it.

"Deep Blue Eternity" is an achingly tender love story that is occasionally gritty.

Boyd quickly makes you feel you know both central characters. It's a skill
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

After devouring Eversea I really looked forward to this book and devoured it in just two reading sessions. It was an enjoyable read for the execption of the end, which kind of fell flat in comparison to the emotions it evoked during the total read.
Oana D. H.
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Amazing and heartbreaking,Deep Blue Eternity is the kind of book that keeps you breathless and fascined from the beginning until the end!

Talk about roller-coaster!Yikes.

Knowing that it might be something i would like, i started reading Deep Blue Eternity .I was curious and a little bit anxious to know what it'll be about so i said in my mind: Why not?It seems interesting and i love this kind of book.
So here i am now trying to write the review for this amazing book.Trust me ,i have too many thing
Claire
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow!!!!! This book just wow. I actually don't think there are words that could describe how much I loved this book. The characters omg are just so fantastic I'm so wrapped up in there story I seriously didn't want it to end, you will totally fall head over heels for these characters, they just pull you in and demand you undivided attention, breathtakingly beautiful characters. And this story has so, so much heart, it's crushing at times the heartache that these characters have had to endure. Ser ...more
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I've needed to pause to just think after finishing this book. This is completely different to Eversea and Forever Jack but it is truly wonderfully written. The content is gritty, somewhat dark but there are chinks of light and love smattering throughout.

The characters Liv and Tom are both lost in their own ways. Hurt by life and people. I found Tom immediately endearing despite his hermit tendencies.

I cannot emphasise how beautifully written and how well the characters are developed. This is d
Three Chicks
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Natasha Gentile

So when I first saw the cover of this book, I was in awe. It was so beautiful and peaceful. And let’s admit it, you just wanted to jump into the cover and swim, like a mermaid. I immediately started the e-mails, when can I have your book? I need your book! You can give me your book anytime?! Through it all she was a mamma bear, not ready to share it with the world, till I didn’t send any e-mails and then got a message saying the eagle has landed. I was on spring break wi
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj Harvey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

"Deep Blue Eternity" was a far cry from anything Natasha Boyd has written before. Unlike her "Eversea Series," this novel was much more serious, a little darker, full of angst and definitely more heart breaking. Livvy and Tom's story really showed off this author's versatility in terms of her story telling abilities and a flexibility in terms
Jessica Zelkovich
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my first Natasha Boyd read but I have other works of hers I plan on reading. There were moments in this book that made me smile with appreciation, accept the demons Olivia faced and support her effort to overcome the past while living in the present. The biggest problem for me (and I'll make an effort to not spoil) was the reveal of Tom in a questionable moment. That to me was just ick. (And no I can't figure out a better word to describe that moment for me.) On a very, very positive mo ...more
Jamie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2015
This is a captivating story of love, loss, forgiveness and finding yourself. I was sucked in from the very first chapter and could not stop reading Livvy and Tom's story.
This book has the perfect amount of suspense, angst and romance. The details were so precise it felt as if the characters were my friends and I lived in this small town with them.
I will be recommending Deep Blue Eternity to all of my book friends on release day. This book is definitely one of my favorites of 2015.
Katie
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
This looks so, so good. Really looking forward to reading it.
Booknut
Very reminiscent of K.A. Tucker's Ten Tiny Breaths and Aimee L. Salter's Every Ugly Word, Deep Blue Eternity is confronting, haunting & exhilarating - a tale of survival. ...more
Syl
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
When you get super excited to read a book and then it quickly becomes disappointing,-you suddenly lose hope in life. sigh

The story starts with Olivia, a teenage girl, running away from home and from her tragic past. Ever since her sister died, she has suffered immensely, leading her to a point where she has to escape. She decides to hide in her grandmother's cabin, on the isolated South Carolina island of Daufuskie.
Reaching her destination she is shocked to see another person living in the cabin
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly provided with an ARC of Deep Blue Eternity by the author to read and review.

Olivia 'Liv, Livvy' and Tom are two people running from their pasts. When both end up using the same island, the same cottage as their hideaway from the world that has shown them both so much wrong they are thrust into a living situation that neither really wants. Both extremely damaged, closed off individuals, will they ever be able to find happiness? Will two people with their own ghosts find a way to

• The Girl I Left Behind
  • The Fortunate Ones
  • The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos, #1)
  • Stone Hard SEALs (Stone Hard SEALs #1-2)
  • The Love of a Rogue (The Heart of a Duke, #3)
  • Where We Belong (A Touch of Fate, #1)
  • Lone Wolf (Noah Wolf #2)
  • Love Game
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Heroes In Uniform: Soldiers, SEALs, Spies, Rangers and Cops
  • The Girl Buried in the Woods (Detective Matt Jones #3)
  • Floating Twigs
  • Forever Across the Marsh
  • The Love Killings (Detective Matt Jones #2)
  • The Child of Auschwitz
  • The Wedding War
  • The House at Silvermoor
  • The Bad Mothers' Book Club
Natasha Boyd is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of both historical fiction and contemporary romance. Her historical fiction novel THE INDIGO GIRL was long-listed for the Southern Book Prize and was a Southern Independent Booksellers' Association OKRA PICK. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and lives with her husband, two sons and the cast of characters in her head.

News & Interviews

“And that’s how I thought of love. Blue and infinite, clear but deep, where no man could truly reach. A deep blue eternity.” 8 likes
“He already made up the largest part of my universe; why not make him the center?” 1 likes