Start by marking “After The Dying Time” as Want to Read:
After The Dying Time

After The Dying Time

(The Dying Time #2)

AFTER THE DYING TIME is Book 2 in The Dying Time Trilogy.

As with THE DYING TIME: IMPACT (Book 1 in the Trilogy, which is garnering rave reviews) Fans of apocalyptic/dystopian fiction who liked Lucifer's Hammer, The Postman, The Stand, Swan Song, One Second After and Patriots: Surviving the coming collapse will enjoy AFTER THE DYING TIME.

In a post-Impact world there are Kin
ebook
Published March 15th 2015 by Raymond Dean White

To ask other readers questions about After The Dying Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After The Dying Time

Peter Bruyns
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Stars

I cannot give the author more than five stars but I wish I could. Maybe many people think that prepping is a waste of money, there is nothing to say that it is not something that is worth doing. It does not matter the reason for being prepared for a disaster. Anyway, this is a great story with strong people, both good and bad. What more could you really ask for in a book? Just be grateful there is one more book to come!
Linda
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scary Vision of Future Earth

What would happen to humans after a 6 mile asteroid hit our planet? This series shows us several groups of humans struggling to survive. Some brave and honorable and others evil. I enjoyed the series so far, great characters and well written. Just curious about book 3 it has been 3 years? Sure hope the author plans to finish this riveting series.
Valerie
Different

This a different take on TEOTEAWKI with survivors on the moon & survivors of many disasters continuing to survive despite great adversity. I liked the story & cheered for the allied army.
Mrs. Barri Soreil
Great author! Thrills, Chills and FULLY Developed Characters!!!!

Loved the first book and ordered this one as soon as I finished it. The plot is complex and yet it's never confusing. Both male and female characters are written with strength and believability that is rare nowadays. The action NEVER stops! I will definitely be on the waiting list for the final book and I hope it won't be too long a wait! Fascinating, action-packed tale that never resorts to tired plot strategies!
Delphine Lopez
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ahhh...I want the next book!

This is the 2nd book in this series, both books are well thought out by the author, the "voice" of the characters in both books and the surrounding descriptions the action drew me in and kept me. I question how our society would react to an "end of the world as we know it" scenario, and given current war torn areas, it is a grim outlook. If you liked "The Stand", you will enjoy this series.
Teresa Vogt
A world I would pray never comes to pass, but could picture very easily, unfortunately.

This review is from: AFTER THE DYING TIME: Book 2 in The Dying Time Trilogy (Kindle Edition)

Raymond Dean White writes a very realistic view of what America could look like after an asteroid strike that doesn't kill everyone. The preppers that everyone calls crazy are dealing with the atmospheric dust cloud better then most. The factions on what is left of the west coast isn't pretty, a cannibal King is buildin
Mrs Maureen Russe;;
Great books

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two books from this trilogy. Can't wait for book three as I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the others. Both books are reasonable priced which makes them financially viable. Although I did skip a couple of pages describing the dog fighting as that was completely over my head I could understand the male gender getting really caught up in them. The description of all the characters make you wish they all could have made it instead of the fate that behel
Hakan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Not as gripping as the first installation in the series, this story is less about the asteroidycalypse and the following rebuilding of civilization but more about a huge war fought with the remaining technical artifacts left over from before the Dying Time.

It was interesting food for thought to see how King Joe was actually doing a better job of rebuilding civilization but at the same time drifting closer and closer to Nazi community with slaves and "nobility".

On the other hand, the war took up
cathy moore
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait

After reading the first book in the series, I waited impatiently for the follow-up. The result was well worth the wait. The narrative picks up smoothly and the characters I enjoyed were once again brought to life by Raymond Dean White's wonderful story telling. The Allies versus the Kingdom is the oldest story of good v. evil, but with its own unique style. Come on#3 !
Faith Calhoun
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He speaks death like a poet...

I can honestly say that this series, in many ways, is better than the Passage series, as far as post-apocalyptic reads go, and that to me, is saying A LOT. Because I absolutely adore those books. I am telling everyone I know and even folks I don't, to read these books. Read them. More than once. And tell everyone. I can't say it enough!
C. Tom Craig
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong Sequel

I have found most sequels to be not as good as their predecessors, but I found "After the Dying Time" to be even more enjoyable than the first book. The almost non-stop action held my attention from cover to cover, and I look forward with great anticipation to the final book in the trilogy.
Tina Sanford
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT

Very good reading. I couldn't stop today until I finished this book. I can't wait, but unfortunately I have to, for the last book. I try to get series books when they are completed, but I was too impatient. If that doesn't bother you, I highly recommend you to start reading and enjoy.
Jan Peyton
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed realistic battles

Well crafted and researched. The hardware and action are realistic, and the pace is fast. A great second book in the series. Can't wait to get started on the final volume!
Fran Beatty
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alive with action

Great characters, even the villains you'll love to hate! Fast paced adventure. Surprising dated tech. Can't get enough. Hur-up and finish the next one Raymond!!!
Judy Wallace
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Read

I missed the more detailed interpersonal relationships and interactions of the Series first book. However, the action was crisply paced and well described. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
nelson hunnaman
Kenneth Pugh
Nov 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Dying Time (3 books)
  • Impact (The Dying Time #1)
  • The Dying Time: Reprised
“You can keep your paper promises
and all your worldly treasures.
But you cannot buy peace of mind
or escape from the headstone garden.

Lyrics from "Headstone Garden" by the Troubled Land Band at the Independence Day celebration 12 years after the impact that destroyed civilization.”
0 likes