Start by marking “Versplinterd” as Want to Read:
Versplinterd

Versplinterd

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  13,164 ratings  ·  1,599 reviews
Vijf jaar geleden stortte Rachels wereld in toen bij een ongeluk haar beste vriend Jimmy overleed en zijzelf gewond raakte. Nu ziet ze de vriendengroep weer voor het eerst bij de bruiloft van haar ex Matt en zijn verloofde Cathy.
Als ze die avond Jimmy's graf bezoekt, wordt ze overmand door hoofdpijn en raakt buiten bewustzijn. Als ze bijkomt, blijkt haar leven heel anders
Published February 24th 2015 by De Fontein (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Versplinterd, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Michele Saqui it´s clear that whatever she had she didn't take care properly, and it ended up killing her...maybe an aneurisma I would think.
Angelique It is.

"Then and Always by Dani Atkins was first released as Fractured in the UK and is being released in the US on May 20, 2014 as Then and Always."
- …more

Aj the Ravenous Reader
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Carol [Goodreads Addict]
3.5 stars rounded up. ^^

I randomly picked this up from my friend Carol’s favorites shelf and I’m glad I did. It’s a creative story told in an imaginative plot with a dab of paranormal, a good dose of mystery and a hint of sci-fi with this possibility of a parallel world and until you finish the book, you won’t be able to tell really which is which.

Rachel, a not so reliable narrator, opens up the story with a flashback of the last night together she and her closest friends had before going off
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo images1_zps1f31cf1a.jpg

Then and Always by Dani Atkins was first released as Fractured in the UK and is being released in the US on May 20, 2014 as Then and Always. If you want to read a beautiful Cont. Romance that is different than anything you have read before, a story of second chances, a story that will make you laugh and cry, with a little sprinkling of magic, then this is the book for you. I loved this book and could not put it down. I can honestly say that I was not prepared for the emotions this book would
Shell The Belle
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who believes there is more to life than we know
Recommended to Shell The Belle by: Deborah Collins
FIVE SOLID KEPT ME HOOKED TO THE VERY END STARS

SIDE NOTE: Let me just say, I wish the Author or the Publishers would decide on a title for this – some reviews are calling it Then And Always and some Fractured - WHICH IS IT?? It seems to change constantly and by geographical location. Whaatt??

ANYWAYS . . .

WOW. JUST - WOW.

This book had me hooked from the very first paragraph:

” My first life ended at 10.37pm on a rainy December night, on a deserted street beside the old church.
My second life be
Becci
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I straight up do not understand the relatively high star ratings this book has got both on here and on Amazon (where I bought it for like 99p). I have no problem with chick-lit-y fluff as long it as at least somewhat entertaining or compelling. This book is neither. The concept was really interesting and could have been carried out so much better if it wasn't for a) the distractingly shitty over-dramatic flowery prose that read like a 15 year old's crummy fanfiction (I was actually convinced tha ...more
Frankie Lovely
Find this review and others at A Thousand Lives of Frankie Lovely

This book was a pleasant surprise!

The Story

5 years ago, Rachel's life was forever changed when a freak accident left her world turned upside down. Now she is returning home where grief and regret still live and remind her of things she would rather forget. But when she suddenly wakes up in a hospital bed, Rachel finds a second chance at happiness in this heart wrenching story about love, loss, friendship, grief, second cha
Diane S ☔
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a big reader of women's fiction or the so called chick lit. Not that there is anything wrong with the genre, I just tend to favor historical novels or those of the legal/suspense, mystery genre. Very hard for me to give four stars to this kind of novel. So why than did this book have me sniffling at the end?

Well...... this book had some really great characters, some not so great ones as well, but it made the good ones come off even better. The big hook though is that once you are invest
Megan Readinginthesunshine
I just finished Fractured this morning and I’ve spent the past few hours trying to get my thoughts together…but my first thought was WOW. Even now my mind is still with the characters and thinking about the events and I’m so devastated to have finished this book, and at the same time I am in awe of Dani Atkins BRILLIANT writing.

The night of the accident was a night that changed everything. Five years on Rachel’s life is falling apart. She has a job she doesn’t like, she lives alone in a tiny fla
Jules
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookclub
I loved this book, and thought it was very cleverly written.

I spent the whole book mind boggled by the mystery of Rachel's memories, struggling to try and work out what the logical answer might be. I finished it a couple of hours ago, and I'm still feeling shell shocked by the ending. I never saw that coming!

I actually gasped and cried real tears near the very end, as the mystery started to unravel and the truth of the situation became apparent. Gosh, quite emotionally draining, but not all in
Esther
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Marieke for doing this buddyread with me. I'm currently reading a lot of Fantasy and this book was a nice change of genre. The book felt mysterious in a way, because both me and my buddy did not know what had happened and how everything that was going on in the story could be explained. I was shocked by the ending and the ending definitely added the fourth star to the final rating.

A longer review can be found at BiteIntoBooks

One of the most unique romance books I've read in awhile. I w
Jo
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admire the author of this book to a certain extent for managing to take such an interesting concept and turn it into an unbelievably dull story.

I don't often review books and I don't like to be too negative, but this book was really not good at all - I'm very surprised to see so many good reviews. The premise was good and I was looking forward to it having read the blurb, but it just didn't work.

To summarise some of the main problems I had with this book:
- it wasn't very well written
Hannah
Rachel has been involved in an accident and so had her friend Jimmy. I liked how the story moved forwards and backwards across the times in Rachel's life. My favourite character was Jimmy he was so lovely and made an excellent policeman.I liked Rachel's relationship with her father, they had a lovely bond. I loved the ending even though it was weird it explained much of the parts I was guessing about in the books.

I found Matt and Cathy unlikable characters, I have no sympathy for either of them
Nicki
This was a nice, easy read, if a little over-written at times.

Rachel is 23 years old and when she was 18, her life was changed by a catastrophic accident. Or was it? At the start of the book, Rachel is a sad, lonely girl, scarred and ill five years on from the accident. Then she collapses and wakes up to a different life, one where she's a successful journalist engaged to her high school boyfriend. And best of all, the friend killed in the accident five years ago is miraculously alive and her d
Joan
I paid for this book. Fair enough. Most people will have done. But ...

Can I have 20% of my money back?

WHY???

Well, at the 80% mark on my Kindle... JUST when I was expecting the BIG climactic scene.. the 'OMG' moment...... this book ENDS.

I am okay with books that have the last few pages devoted to Author bio, or other novels etc.

But NOT TWENTY PERCENT OF THE BOOK.

It's like buying a cd of guitar music and finding that four of the twenty tracks are violin tracks . Not what I paid for. And this
Ash Wednesday
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pessismists, Optimists and the Bystanders in Between
3 STARS

THE HOOK

“For fans of One Day, What Alice Forgot and Sliding Doors”. Well I wasn’t exactly wowed by One Day but while I’m also not a fan of anything Gwyneth Paltrow, I was quite familiar and intrigued with the premise of Sliding Doors. I think I stopped reading the blurb after that and just requested this automatically.

So one can imagine my surprise with how Then and Always seemed to be a sleepy Adult Contemporary Romance one chapter then playing with sci-fi, paranormal possibilit
Emma-Louise
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Emma-Louise by: Amazon
This is honestly the most powerful book I have ever read.

Everything about this book was perfect; from the grammar and spelling (which is rare to find on e-book editions, for some reason) to the intricate and extremely detailed storyline. This book was clearly deeply thought out from beginning to end and each part flowed nicely on to the next, only giving you the information you need at that time - along with the main character, Rachel. The book puts you in her shoes, unable to comprehend what is
Amber’s reading
3.5 stars. Reading the description of this book immediately sold me. A young woman living a pretty sad existence wakes up from a comma and instead of coming back to that same sad existence, she finds her life is much different, and better. It reminded me a lot of the movie The Family Man with Nicolas Cage.

My favorite part of the book was the ending. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! Like the kind of mindfuck I experienced after watching movies or shows like Lost, Inception, Shutter Island, Memento, and The Us
Jessica Lynn
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hopeless romantics.
Shelves: first-reads
I received an advance reader's copy of this book for an honest review.

Unfortunately, this book just didn't do it for me. The premise itself was interesting. Rachel Wiltshire is out at dinner with her friends when they're struck by a horrible accident that tinges Rachel's next five years with despair. (view spoiler)
Eilonwy

Maybe 3-1/4 stars.

It's hard to write a review for this without spoilers! The book's premise is this: What if you woke up in the hospital after an accident, and discovered that you had one set of memories about the past five years, while everyone else around you had completely different memories? That's what happens to Rachel, and the mystery of how it happened kept me flipping the pages as fast as I could.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The premise was fascinating, and the suspense and pa
Chick Lit + Wine

"Can two different stories lead to the same happy ending? Or will Rachel stay FRACTURED forever?"

The back cover of Fractured tells of two very different lives led by the same young woman. In one world, twenty-three year old Rachel is alone, miserable, and fighting the inevitable progression of an illness that she can't - or won't - find a cure for. In the other, Rachel is a happy, successful young woman affianced to her high school sweetheart and about to discover that he may not, in fact, be h
L
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerfully poignant romance that is uplifting, satisfying and such a sweet story!

I simply love on those dull rainy days to curl up under a warm blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a scintillating story. Fractured has to be one of the most heartrending, sparkling stories that I have encountered this year with the profoundly moving prose really touching me deeply. It is a book that shines with originality, flair and fun amid a hugely popular genre for female readers. As a hopeless romantic
Sanne Elgershuizen
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gelezen-in-2016
Wow......
☮Karen
Oh man, this was a good story. So good, I could not tear myself away from it until I finished. Twists and turns along the way; I was hooked. The heck with sleep and meals. Not one of the endings I pictured was correct. For that, 4 stars, maybe even 5.

My only complaint would be my usual one where romance books go -- the sap zaps my enthusiasm, the words and sentence structure annoy me, and I am constantly reminded of writers who shall remain nameless but are not my favorites.

Dang, I wish I could
Liz Barnsley
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well. Started this today. Finished this today. Cried big buckets of tears, sobbed into my pillow for half an hour now I'm writing this. Do I REALLY need to say anymore? Nope don't think I do.

Happy Reading Folks!
Aisyah Roslan
such a bittersweet story. Dani Atkins can really tell story that tugs at your heartstrings.
Yodamom
Grab your tissues and a box of chocolates. This is one very emotional and beautiful story, it will break you into pieces and finish you off with a bittersweet dream of pure joy. I loved reading it more than any book I’ve read in this gene this year. It gave me hope in my heart for a different ending.
Rachel was having one last dinner with her boyfriend and their friends before heading off to college. She is dating Matt, beautiful rich Matt who every girl wants but somehow she won his hand in hers
shannon✨
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I love this book so much! I read it for a read along and it was really hard to stop reading every time again but now I finally was 'allowed' to finish it. It was such a lovely story and I'm in love with the ending. It totally deserves the five stars.
Kathy Davie
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, psychological
A twisted version of time travel à la the movie Sliding Doors, and for some reason, I keep wanting to call it psychological. Based in Great Bishopsford, England.

Just to warn you, I did receive this as an eARC from the publisher. And be prepared to cry. I had to put this down for several days before I could continue on to an ending that was marvelous, bittersweet, and lovely.

My Take
This is a twisty tale that'll keep your heart rate up as you wonder what'll happen next, when the hammer will drop a
Vera_leest
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
That ending 💔😢
Dianne
If you thought no one could bring something new to the Contemporary Romance table, think again. Then and Always Dani Atkins is a true gem of a find, filled with conflicting emotions, loss, guilt, confusion and redemption as two souls finally come together as one in a joining so filled with love that no one will ever separate them.

Rachel has the world on a string, a bright future before her, loving friends, and the love of her life, by her side. Only the failing health of her father smudges her r
Luise
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aah what a nice little story. It took a while to get into it - and I almost put it aside - but after a while it got alright.

I expected it to be two parallel paths branching off from the moment of the accident. But that turned out to not be the case. Instead, some sort of mash-up happened. Rachel woke up on the 'bright side' with the memories of her life on the 'darker side'.

In the 'dark' version, Rachel's situation is pretty depressing as she never got over the night of the accident that took h

• Stuk van jou
  • Meer dan ooit
  • Something Like Happy
  • My One Month Marriage
  • Maud (De stadstuin, #1)
  • Ji-Hye
  • Ik mis je
  • Escrito nas Estrelas?
  • Watch Over Me
  • Recept voor geluk
  • E se tocássemos o céu?
  • Bruidstaarten en slagroomspuiten (De weddinplanner #5)
  • Britt (De Stadstuin #2)
  • The Last Day of Winter (A Winter Day Book, #3)
  • Ik pleit voor jou!
  • Slingers en stellages (De weddingplanner #4)
  • Pijpenstelen en modderpoelen (De weddingplanner #3)
Dani was born and brought up in Cockfosters- a small London suburb at the end of the Piccadilly Tube Line.

This served her well for commuting into the city, where from the age of 18 she worked in a succession of secretarial positions in companies as diverse as a BMW car dealership to the BBC. Dani spent her two hour commute avidly reading and dreamed that one day she would become an author herself