Start by marking “Organize Tomorrow Today: 8 Ways to Retrain Your Mind to Optimize Performance at Work and in Life” as Want to Read:

Dr. Jason Selk helps well-known professional and Olympic athletes as well as Fortune 500 executives and organizations develop the mental toughness necessary to thrive in the face of adversity and achieve elite-level results. Tom Bartow, following a career as a winning college basketball coach, became one of the country's top financial advisors and is now one of the premier ...more
Published December 22nd 2015 by Da Capo Lifelong Books

To ask other readers questions about Organize Tomorrow Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organize Tomorrow Today

Start your review of Organize Tomorrow Today: 8 Ways to Retrain Your Mind to Optimize Performance at Work and in Life
Suzanne
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I heard about this book through Brian Johnson's Philosopher's Notes. While this felt like a very "male" book (two male authors, lots of sports analogies, lots of examples with male professionals), I found this really useful. Some parts I already knew - they have a great section on communications skills which I recommend - and there were other parts that were twists on/reminders for things I read in other books. I really liked their advice on dealing with the "fight through" stage of maintaining ...more
David Park
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finished this in two hours at the library. Fortunately 'enhancement' books like these with a system to work are easy reading - but doing them of course is another matter altogether of course. Theres no reference to things like GTD (time management) or understanding trauma (why we feel or act the way we do if it's unhelpful). But this book is really about improving performance, a relatively clean angle which may certainly abut on the former two topics.

I'm not a sports guy and there's a strong nar
Jane
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Organize Tomorrow Today, the authors break out their program used to train world-class athletes for peak performance. Have you ever taken a class or even garnered best practices for productivity from articles and books, but they didn’t seem to help? The authors of this book tackle productivity issues in a much more logical way. Skill mastery is achieved through repetitions, one step at a time.This program works on the premise of choosing one thing at a time and being accountable for that one ...more
Philip Athans
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Though there are a few scattered bits of good advice here, I found the challenge of digging them out from under the "we've met famous baseball players!" sports stories and soulless goal setting like "be the top earner at the firm" so disheartening, sometimes even patently offensive, that I just felt bad after having finished my skim through it. The few valuable ideas presented here could have been communicated in a single short article, but instead we get that broken up into scattered paragraphs ...more
Lisa
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like many self-helpy, productivity books, this is a bit repetitive and a bit drawn out, but it has some great strategies that you may want to try on for size. The Organize Tomorrow Today strategy is my favorite and one I'm really already doing for the work to-do list. When will I finally choose my clothes and make my lunch the night before? I'm as likely to find the motivation to do that and make it a habit as I am to split the atom in my living room.
Lisa Kosak
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recently finished reading Organize Tomorrow Today – 8 Ways to Retrain your Mind to Optimize Performance at Work and in Life by Dr. Jason Selk and Tom Bartow. This book couldn’t have come at a better time for me. My emails have been piling up at work. Projects keep coming with more and more detail. The demand of life feels overwhelming. I have been trying to find ways to organize my world and prioritize everything in both my professional and personal life. It’s not easy.

I loved Dr. Selk and Bar
Dmytro
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bethany
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
8 simple things to make life better is the premise for this book. It’s a quick read chock full of sports references. But, ye fellow book nerds, do not despair. I kept up with them and was mildly inspired. I, who recently called a football a “baseball”, yay sports! If anything, I was disappointed we didn’t go more in depth into the science and studies. Most of the “evidence” is anecdotal. But alas, not bad advice. But, advice I have read before.

The 8 methods:
Organize tomorrow today
Choose wisely
M
Dennis
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of book. The first two chapters contain practical advise, as the book advances it gets less useful for the average person. Lots of analogies and stories from professional athletes and baseball. Didn‘t enjoy reading it.
Raj R.
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Finished it within 2 days. A real life changer if you are going to follow at least most of the concepts in this book. I’m excited about how this will change my life positively.
Julie Haneline
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best self-help books I’ve ever read! It’s already helped me at work with my procrastination and organization! This is a book I need to re-read every year!
Jap Hengky
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
If you want to be highly successful, you need to know how to control your mind and talk with yourself in a positive fashion. Always remember to focus on the solution rather than on the problem. And even when you’re at the top of your game, never forget the process that got you there.
Fernando Fernandes
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book! Very straightforward and with almost none of those cheap inspirational quotes...

I guess the presented techniques could support GTD pretty well:

1. Organize Tomorrow Today
* Identify daily your “3 Most Important / 1 Must”

2. Choose Wisely
* Every day, no matter what, take action on your “1 Must”

3. Maximize your time
* Follow these three time-maximisation tools:
* “Attack the Open Space” - think in smaller units of time; take conscious control of those small gaps in your schedule.
* “Pri
Japhia
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has what most other non-fiction book have not. Sequence and gauging how you are successful in the habits.
Rajeev Puri
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is extremely Good practical book.. But tests your patience a lot........ But being patient in reading this book is a great worth.
Patrick Kelly
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Organize tomorrow today

- [ ] One step at a time. Don’t try to change everything all at once or everything. Try one thing
- [ ] 1: do the most important things, not everything
- [ ] Achievers are great at prioritizing tasks. They address the top three specific priorities
- [ ] Write down the top three most important things that you have to do tomorrow before the end of the day. Don’t let this be the last thing you do in the day
- [ ] The three most Important things not the three most urgent
- [ ]
George
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best self-management / personal effectiveness book I've ever read. In a marketplace filled with tips and tricks and trash, this book provides specific, clear, actionable advice, insight, and tactics. I will buy a copy for myself and I might gift copies to some friends and colleagues. It is that good.

The book provides suggestions on how and when to prioritize, how to set goals, how to coach yourself, how to communicate effectively with others, and how to be resilient -- how y
Sven
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In ORGANIZE TOMORROW TODAY, Dr. Jason Selk and Tom Bartow lay out a system for achieving ANYTHING in life. Make no mistake, this might literally change everything for you. May it be health, relationships, overall happiness or business success - every idea is presented in a very simple and straight-forward way so you can apply it instantly. Here are the three biggest lessons I learned:

LESSON #1: Attack 3 Action Items each day, 1 of them as a Must. Always start with the Must.
--> Keep things simple
Kristine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a resource that could help me break down how to teach teenagers how to visualize, this book was recommended to me by a professor at Ohio University - she uses it with her students and found the results powerful! I read all 8 strategies on how to retrain your mind to optimize your performance. I now use the first one daily - "write down your goals (3 most important/1 must) for the next day" to help me stay focused at work with my competing priorities. This has helped me feel mor ...more
Qapsl0ck
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book offers some practical steps to improve your daily effectivity at work.

The book is ad nauseam submerged in US culture, with its idiotic glorification of the military and sports, and hence the writer don't talk about "higher effectivty" but about "winning". The book offers some practical steps to enhance your effectivity though, and that military thing covers only two or three pages, also it doesn't require any esotheric knowlegde about those US sports. So if you can bear seeing the word
Missy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of good suggestions in here. I like the 3 goals, 1 must for each day. This is really helping so far. I usually try to cram too many goals into one day. Picking just a few top things seems to increase my focus and I feel better about my day--like I'm not a failure because I didn't get the 3 million things accomplished that would never fit into any one day in the first place. I like the feeling of peace and productivity this brings me.

This one is worth a second read down the road, I think.

"Th
Debora Perez
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Organize Tomorrow Today is a well-organized and useful handbook for improving your performance. The book shares eight useful tools and techniques for you to achieve more by focusing on the process, not the result. The book provides a toolbox of powerful activities for you to implement, including 3 musts and 1 most, maximizing your time, and evaluating correctly. But knowing doesn’t make things happen. Doing does. But the book and choose just ONE of the ideas and follow through. You’ll be glad yo ...more
Robert Sutherland
I loved this book. For the self help/business improvement genre, it was just about perfect. Easy to read, clear, actionable. Explains the theory and illustrates with examples and sample plans. The actual chapters seem unrelated (and truthfully the largely are) but all are practical. The writing is not bloated or overly repetitive. I read it slowly to incorporate improvements in my life, and I believe I am seeing some incremental improvements. Will return to this one again for a tune up at some p ...more
Tanya Feke
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, effective and practical, Organize Tomorrow Today is a workbook to a productive life. Dr. Jason Selk and Tom Bartow, two renowned performance coaches, teach effective techniques that decrease your endless to-do list to the few things that matter most. Too many people fool themselves by trying to do more. Doing the things that actually make a difference is what will propel you to the success you really want. Definitely worth a read.
Karina Reyes
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect quick read book to kick myself into action. It may seem simple and intuitive and sometimes I found myself saying I could’ve written this book. But I didn’t and it’s worth reading if just to remind myself that my winter break is officially over and tomorrow is Monday. It’s probably worth rereading later in the year to see if I’m still on track. I better do the first task: make a list of three things I plan to do before 10am tomorrow.
Holly
I've been meaning to review this book for a month. Which goes to show how much I needed it. I'm about to pull it back off the bookshelf and pick one of the tips to implement again. I remember thinking the whole time I was reading it that this book was mis-titled. It really doesn't have anything to do with organizing. It's about mental hacks. It's a great book, and I've recommended it to a ton of people. But don't be surprised by the lack of organization!
Becca
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Self-help/business type book, heavily steeped in sports analogies. I am neither a business person, nor a sports enthusiast, but I appreciated the ideas shared and have since put a few into place that help me feel more organized and prepared as opposed to overwhelmed and easily distracted, exactly the kind of help I was looking for when I picked it up.
Ala
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was my first finished book of 2018, but it will be the book I keep referring to for the rest of the year and beyond. To say this was good would be underselling it. Pick it up, read it. Live it You won't regret it. As the authors like to say: Knowing something does nothing. Doing something does.
Paul
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Read it via audio book but think I should read it in hard copy in about 6 months. Key take away for me was to plan each day the day prior by identifying 3 things I need to accomplish... and by identifying one "must" do. Seems like a great way to ensure I am focused on priorities vs just answering email every day.
Maria
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-growth
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything
  • Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life
  • Living in Your Top 1%: Nine Essential Rituals to Achieve Your Ultimate Life Goals
  • The Pomodoro Technique
  • Managing Up: How to Move up, Win at Work, and Succeed with Any Type of Boss
  • Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction
  • Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free
  • Reboot: Leadership and the Art of Growing Up
  • Brave, Not Perfect: Fear Less, Fail More, and Live Bolder
  • How Champions Think: In Sports and in Life
  • The 12 Week Year

News & Interviews

“Greatness is predicated on consistently doing things others can’t or won’t do. Simply put, success is not about being brilliant. It is about being consistent.” 0 likes
“Before going to bed, they take a few minutes to read over the mathematical or literary work they did during the day—especially if they’ve reached a plateau or feel stuck. The mind then works all night to close the loop, and they wake up in the morning with “inspiration.” It seems magical, but it isn’t so much magical as it is the result of effective priming of the mental pump. The OTT principle and prioritization with a list” 0 likes