Start by marking “Never Too Late” as Want to Read:
Never Too Late

Never Too Late

(Flirt)

Can acting in love lead to the real thing? This standalone addition to the Flirt series, now with a new cover, is sweet, fresh, and clean.

Abbey couldn’t be more excited. The end of the school year is coming, as is the annual sophomore class renaissance faire…and the headlining theatrical performance, where Abbey will be starring as a lead. There’s only one problem: her cos
Published April 14th 2015 by Simon Pulse (first published February 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Never Too Late, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Too Late

Naoms
Originally Posted onConfessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

1.5 Stars

This book lacks any kind of depth, meat or substance. Or, maybe it's just too immature for my tastes?

It really is just typical, formulaic and boring. It also takes some elements of Pride & Prejudice, where the guy says something mean about not wanting to dance with the girl and of course misunderstandings and pride-filled angry events ensue. There really isn't much to commend this book.

Abbey is the kind of heroine that only
Amariah Dixon
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked Virtually In Love (the first one I read by this author) more, but this one is still a keeper! Abby's attitude toward Jason got on my nerves sometimes--and yet, Jason irritated me more whenever he was cocky and judgmental toward Abby, but other than that I found myself invested in these characters. The ending made me sigh with happiness. The romance is low-key and there is no foul language. This is perfect for anyone who loves a good, classic romance! Particula ...more
Fani
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, contemporary

I liked this story, it was really cute.
When i first picked up this book i thought it would be very plain but soon i was immersed into Abbey's world and i finished the entire book in one day.

By reading Abbey's story we don't see only the romance between her and Jason but we also learn about true friendship since we see the struggles that Abby and her best friend Olivia face when they discover that they both like the same guy.

A nice read, perfect to set your mood for Valentine's Day.
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Wanting a quick but HEA read, I thought I give this book a try. It no doubt, gave me what I wanted.

Plot: This is about a girl who held a grudge for far too long on a long time crush. I like that this plot is what it is. A cute read that gives the reader that HEA feeling. I like the little non-sense drama and even the hard to get act. If anything, I settled in for a read that is good.

Love: Of course Abbey is smart girl and sticks to her passion. It takes her a while to finally see Jason for who h
Deniz
A simple High School romance. Straight forward, just what you expect in plot and characters.

This was a quick and predictable read, but I enjoyed it. A nice cute and fluffy fix.
The thing that actually freaked me out- the extremely quick use of the L word. I mean it was down right scary! The L word is a scary thing for a comito-phobe to deal with, but in such liberal doses, without though? Horror!

A sweet entertaining book about not holding a grutch and that first impressions could be deciving, th
Mrs
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story, filled with love, fun and friendship.
Shirley
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 18
i thought this book would be cuter and fluffier but it went from not liking eachother to love in like no time? when there was no connection at all between the beginning to the end.
cute idea for a story but if it were longer im sure it wouldve been better.

solid 3
Mitchii
If I were to describe this book in two words, I guess nice and cute would be it. I know this book is going to be a nice and cutesy read, the blurb gave me that kind of vibe. And I guess it didn’t stir away from it. It was predictable; but all things considered, I guess I enjoyed the short entertainment it provided.

Abby landed the main role in a play. She was so happy about it until she found out who she was paired up with—Jason Hardy. He did something with her that she couldn’t forget (which I’m
YBx
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rivetedlit
Just the book this girl needed. A dramatic chick flick with no real substance. Quick, clean easy-read.....the storyline has been done before but some unique flair was added to it.
Stacy Sabala
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Book Review-Never Too Late by A. Destiny and Rhonda Helms

High school students Abbey and Olivia are best friends. They are excited as the school year is getting close to the end and that means the Sophomore Renaissance Faire. It is a big deal for their class and there is a competition to out do the class from the year before. Abbey auditioned for the play and she really wants the part. The only thing that could ruin her day is Jason. He is in a few of her classes and he is a class A jerk. She hat
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Never Too Late is one of those stories that tackle about falling in love for the first time. Together with this is all the sparks, jitters, excitement and of course the uncertainty of it all. It was your typical high school story with all the best friends, jealousy and immaturity but nonetheless fun and sweet love.

Abbey our heroine is excited to end her sophomore year with a bang. No other way to go through this than to earn the lead role for the play they’re going to do for the Renaissance fair
Allison Rivera
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
More reviews at: Book Fixation

I like from time to time to read a really sweet and cute read and Never Too Late brought me just that. Everything was sort of predictable but it was entertaining to read.

The book follows Abbey and her and everyone in her class is super excited for this renaissance faire they're supposed to do. She gets even more excited when she gets cast for the lead role in a play they're going to be doing in the faire. Only thing she's not so excited about? Her costar. Abbey hat
Jasmine Garcia
Flirt Never Too Late by Destiny and Rhonda Helms;
Flirt Never Too Late is a great book at the beginning in my opinion. I really like how the authors are able to get a reader really interested and in a way wanting them to keep reading. The setting of the book is in high school but by the high school seems pretty cool. Even though i didnt get to finish the book it was a good book from what i read because it talks about a lot of typical things that actually happens even now in high school which is g
Jeraca
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this novel as an eARC through Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

THis was a typical high school romance novel complete with the immaturity level and jealousy level that high schoolers go through. Abbey was an okay character. She worried too much about hurting her friend than actually being honest with her in the first place. She was very stubborn and living in the past before she realized that she had misplaced feelings about Jason.

I did like Jason though. He was very sweet,
Katie
Never Too Late looked like a fun read and I was really in the mood for one of those. I quickly came to realize though that Never Too Late was not the book for me.

This is going to be a really short review because I didn’t make it very far into Never Too Late. Never Too Late will appeal to a younger crowd. It’s a simple story with a very simple writing style. A little too simple, if you ask me. There was nothing special about the story, the characters, the writing, or the romance. I kept wanting s
J.
This book has no pretensions about being a literary masterpiece, and for what it is, it's enjoyable. I think I'd give it 2.5 stars.

The plot is not particularly original, and what causes me to dock the most stars is that the writing is not particularly polished--commas in wrong places, some language that feels gimmicky ("superfun", etc.), occasional incorrect grammar or usage. There's a lot of melodrama typical for kind of story: immediately assuming bad things about someone who likes the same gu
Abby Nesheim
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a book that I didn't mind reading and stayed interested while reading it. It is about a high school girl named Abbey who auditions for a play and gets the main part. She then finds out that a jock named Jason got the lead male part. Abbey has hated Jason since she heard him talking about her and her sister in the bathroom at homecoming. Abbey's best friend Olivia has had a crush on Jason for the longest time. As the book progresses Abbey finds herself starting to have feelings for ...more
Summer
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abbey's cast in the school play opposite Jason, a boy who badly hurt her feelings in the past. The more they get to know one another, the more sparks fly, and they realize just how wrong first impressions can be.

Never Too Late is a quick, warm read, with an ultimately positive female friendship, strong family bonds, and chemistry that shifts from antagonistic to sweet without seeming forced.

This isn't the most complicated or complex story ever told; sometimes all you need for entertainment value
Kim
There's young adult and then there's *young* adult. This one was too immature for me and I just couldn't connect with the characters. Side note: the formatting was really screwed up on my iPad and that made it even more difficult to read. I made it to the 30% point before I gave up.

I won't be finishing it, rating it or reviewing it. I'm sure many younger readers would love this book. It just wasn't for me.
Stefanie
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just want a fun fluffy read. It was very cute overall but at times I swear some of the things the characters said were not something a typical high schooler would say. I loved the Renaissance faire, that was by fair my favourite aspect of this book. I wanted more faire though. Wish I could have known what some of the other booths were. Can't lie I'd always wanted to go to one so that's why I probably enjoyed it the most.
Katy
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - This was a cute, young adult chick-lit if you're looking for a quick read. It was a very simple, straight-through type of book, with typical characters who act exactly how you would think they would have acted. I think those who want a short, light-hearted, not-to-complicated story about a young high school couple who learn that you can't always hold a grudge a person based on first-impressions would enjoy this book very much.
Katy
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was so good. I loved it so much. I could have read this in a day, but it took me 5 days to read it because I wanted it to last. I will be reading the other books in the series. I can't wait!
Elaine A.
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read almost all the flirt series books and it rendered me speechless how she has a focus in each book while adding romance. Who could ask for more! Have to read. Magnificent is an understatement. :)
Melanie Hooyenga
OMG I loved this book! The back and forth between Abbey and Jason is perfect, as is the conflict with her best friend. Not to give anything away, but I reread the last couple pages at least four times. Swoon!
Sandy
Abbey gets the lead in the sophomore class play. Jason, her nemesis, gets the male lead in the play. This is complicated by Abbey's best friend, Olivia, who has a crush on Jason. There is nothing new in this plot, but it is a light beach read for teen girls.
Bridget
4 1/2

This was really good! Loved the plot, and the characters, but the only thing I didn't like about it was how quickly the story was resolved. It only took 4 or 5 pages!
Julie Alvarez
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great ready bout two young adults who discover love. Great read for young adults.
Jenna
Really simple highschool romance, with a simple way of telling the story. Plain and simple. Did I say simple? Oh yeah I did.
Rowena
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-review-pile
This was a cute story. Nothing to showy or too deep but completely cute and perfect for a summer beach read.
  • Tempted (In Too Deep, #2)
  • Put Me Back Together
  • Model Position (Art of Love #1)
  • Don't Tell
  • Lasting Attraction (Cassie, #3)
  • The Queen B* and the Homecoming King (The Queen B*, #3)
  • Never Let me Go (Blurred Lines #2)
  • Living with the Walker Boys
  • Analee, In Real Life
  • Pepped Up & Ready (Pepper Jones, #3)
  • Just a Little Promise (Just a Little, #4)
  • Night Games
  • Marry Me Again (The Second Chance Love Series, #1)
  • Understudy
  • Haven's Knight
  • Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)
  • Not in Love With Kale Eddison