Start by marking “The Silenced (Krewe of Hunters #15)” as Want to Read:
The Silenced (Krewe of Hunters #15)

The Silenced

(Krewe of Hunters #15)

www.theoriginalheathergraham.com

Where is Lara Mayhew?

Lara, a congressman's media assistant, suddenly quits her job—and disappears on the way to her Washington, DC, apartment.

Novice FBI agent Meg Murray, a childhood friend of Lara's, gets a message from her that same night, a message that says she's disillusioned and "going home." To Richmond, Virginia. Meg discovers that

Published July 1st 2015 by MIRA (first published June 30th 2015)

Start your review of The Silenced (Krewe of Hunters #15)
Montzalee Wittmann
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great paranormal FBI team mystery solved

The Silenced by Heather Graham takes the reader along on another Krewe assignment. These are FBI agents that get the supernatural cases. This one involves a dead politician, ghosts, a missing friend to a new FBI graduate, and a serial killer.
✨Susan✨
I always like it when a book turns out to be better than I thought it would be. This is a fast paced mystery/thriller with good strong characters. The slight paranormal aspect really added a notch up to the story. Good narration. This would make a good movie.
☕️Kimberly
Graham’s Krewe is a special unit of the FBI, that utilizes the unique gifts of its crew and I love this paranormal element. Meg Murray has just graduated from the FBI Academy when her friend Lara goes missing. She is assigned to work the Krewe case and is partnered with senior agent Matt Bosworth. Both Meg and Matt have the ability to see the dead and their investigation soon finds them traveling from Harpers Ferry to Gettysburg.

The setting was wonderful and familiar, as I have visited quite a
Mason
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You don’t have to be a firm believer in ghosts and/or the paranormal to enjoy author Heather Graham’s Krewe of Hunters series. Her latest release, THE SILENCED, is a prime example of her impressive writing.

Narrator Phil Gigante does an excellent job bringing the various characters to life. His varied cadence and mannerisms gives distinct voices to the characters, both male and female. His vocals emphasizes the emotions and tension of the story.

Lara Mayhew, a congressional media assistant, goes
Aug 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
I find that I either love or hate books by this author. This one was firmly in the hate column. Firmly. The characters were flat and I am still not convinced I know more about Matt or Meg than I did from the blurb. Oh, they like dogs.

The plot was stale and I thought obvious. In order to go for a shock factor, you have to introduce the reader to the killers in the book at some point so there is a OMG moment. Well, I knew one of them right away and the other, well, wasn't a big shock. Had to be
Sheri
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Oh my god....the freaking exclamation points....I almost can't comment on the story because every single exclamation point took me out of the story. This is one of the very few of these stories, which I generally love, that I didn't read in one sitting. More then once I threw it down because I couldn't handle the stupid exclamation points.
3.5 Stars

Another great Krewe of Hunters novel :)

Challenges:
RRRC November 2017 Monthly Challenge #6 - Occult Day
Candyland Quarterly Challenge - Task: Orange Cover
Wendy
The action-packed thriller "The Silenced" combines a murder- mystery, the paranormal and romance into a chilling tale that begins when Lara Mayhew, Congressman Ian Walker's media relations assistant disappears after a disturbing meeting with her boss and his aides. After FBI trainee Meg Murray receives a cryptic message from Lara she joins the Krewe Hunters, an FBI branch of paranormal investigators to hunt for her childhood friend. With her new partner Matt Bosworth, a seasoned agent they begin ...more
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

I used to love Heather Graham’s books when I first picked one up, but now I find myself liking them less and less. The plots are just so predictable. In this one, it was obvious what was going to happen next, and it almost seemed like a recap of a previous book. The characters were flat too, and difficult to connect with.

Brenna
Every once in a while, I enjoy reading a Heather Graham novel. This one, set around a new FBI agent and her best friend who works for a congressman. Meg, upon completing her FBI training, gets assigned to a division of the FBI who are also mediums. Set in Washington, DC and several areas well known for their Civil War history, the plot moves along well. Graham always seems to add a little romance to her novels as well. In The Silenced, this romance part did not seem to get too much in the way. I ...more
Jill
Sep 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is TERRIBLE. Graham writes exactly like a bad stereotype of a male writer writing about a female protagonist. And she's a woman, so she has no excuse at all. I guess noting a character's flowing hair, large eyes, great figure and "generous mouth" are necessary description, but while they're investigating murders and a disappearance, Meg Murray and Matt Bosworth can't seem to stop describing the hotness of the other. These inappropriate sexual tension moments sprinkled throughout were a ...more
Laura Agnella
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever gotten stuck in a book series and each time a new installment comes out, you have to grab it right away? Even though you know that every book in the series follows the same pattern? You know there will be a happy ending, boy gets girl or vice versa, and the mystery is solved, but you still keep reading? The Krewe of Hunters books are that series for me. Now, it might seem from what I wrote above that these books may not be good but that is not the case at all. I actually love them! ...more
Rhonda
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 STARS

Good suspense! Good mystery! Good history! Familiar characters and new ones too. There is a few love scenes.

Meg Murray has just graduated from the FBI training. When she listens to her phone messages she has a strange message from her best friend Lara. Lara is a congressman's media assistant called Meg at 2:00AM that she has to leave town and go back home. Lara never made it.

Meg knows that something is not right. She watches the news and hears about a serial killer. Whose two victims
Toni
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I have been reading this series out of order…. gee, I’ll bet you’re surprised by that, huh? LOL. But the good thing about reading the Krewe series in this way is knowing that each book is a stand alone and you don’t need to read a previous book to get you up on what’s going on in the series as a whole. I love it when authors are so cognizant of that fact.

This book just pulls you into the action right from the get-go. I had been reading other books at the same time as this one but because
Megan
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this entire book on a flight from Dallas to NYC (3 hrs 30 mins) and it was suspenseful and made my flight go by quickly. My only complaint was that HG used the exact same plot device in this book as she did in the book right before it...and since I am reading them in order it just felt 'too familiar' and a bit lazy on the writers part.
I also felt that her use of the other Krewe members was lacking. Why bring in characters if they add nothing to the story line?
I noticed in the later books
BJ
Another solid entry in the Krewe of Hunters series. This time all the action is in the mid-Atlantic seaboard, D.C, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania in all the historic sites in these states. Meg is a newly minted FBI agent having just graduated the academy and her best friend, a member of a congressman's staff, is missing at the same time a serial killer is on the loose. Her friend, Lara, fits the killer's type and Meg's first position will be with the Krewe who are ...more
Hayzbaw
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought Graham gave her Krewe Hunters series a bit of a new lease of life in this book. She has a writing formula pretty much set, but she chooses interesting topics to keep readers engaged. Loved the dolphin element in this book, it has made me add swimming with dolphins to my bucket list.

This was the first mystery book in a while that I have read and not guessed the murderer within the first half of the book. I could pretty much work out the plot and who was going to be involved, there
Reading
I love ghost stories mixed with romance but I think I am ready to give up on Graham's "Krewe" stories. They all feel remarkably similar and the contrivances are just too convenient. Need a clue? Pop out a ghost sighting. Need a way to solve a clue? Pop out a ghost sighting. Need someone rescued? Well, you get the idea. I don't feel the suspense or anticipation to reach the end; it's more a feeling of work to reach the end.
Iris
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed The Silenced, although I was a little bothered by the heroes slowness in realizing they were being watched. After all they are FBI agents with special paranormal abilities! It is part of Graham's Krewe series but you do not have to read them it in order as it works as a solo. The plot concerns the death of a U.S. House member, a serial killer and a missing aide.
Carol Weber
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. I will read more in this series.
Donna Barrett
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprise ending. Not surprised who the killer turned out to be or his co-conspirator. I'm not convinced the congressman didn't know what was going on. Think he chose to turn a blind eye.
Becky
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I enjoy the Krewe of Hunters the relationship between Meg and Matt was odd.
Aparna
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal elements, historical flair and the romantic side of the plot.

The Silenced is the fifteenth book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in June of 2015. The plot is centered around Matthew "Matt" Bosworth - FBI agent with the Krewe in Virginia - and Margaret "Meg" Colleen Murray - a recent FBI graduate who is out to find her missing friend.

This forms the first book in the third trilogy within
Judy Hall
Congressional aide Lara Mayhew leaves a cryptic message on her best friend's voice mail in the middle of the night and then disappears. That best friend is Meg Murray, who has just graduated from the F.B.I. academy has that something extra sought by the Krewe of Hunters and she has an in with their founder Adam Harrison so she goes to him for help. At the same time, A second body has been found in the DC area, leading the team to think they have a serial killer.

The victims look enough like
Dallass
I’ve been binging a lot of Heather Graham’s Krewe of Hunters books recently, and although I enjoyed The Forgotten (Lara’s story), I wasn’t sure how I’d go with a more politically charged book like The Silenced. However my fears were for naught as it was not steeped in political intrigue, but merely flirted with a political campaign, or two.

I loved the bond between Meg and Lara, and with Aunt Nancy, which plays an important part in unravelling the mystery of what made Lara try to get out of DC.
Veronica
I've head all 14 plus book leading into this one so I'm just going to dive right in with my thoughts...

Again, Graham is building the Krewe team a bit differently. I continue to hope for how she originally built the first two: 5 or so people and over a series of novels you get to learn about each one fo them and their story.

I still like the perspective from the killer. I was just confused with the way one part was written/how I interpreted it. "Slash" followed the FBI agents, but I don’t quite
Sharon Gallup
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am such a fan of Heather Graham and i find her books just as thrilling as the next book she writes. this book held me so strong that i could hardly put it down so yes i read it in one day.
i have always wanted to be able to speak to spirits (ghost) and her books draw you into that world as through you were right there living the story. what i also like about her books is that she has a perfect balance on love, hate, murder, and mystery. this story made me think about what and who is really
Myprivatebookclub
Once again, I found myself in the middle of a series. I guess it is a skill of mine not to follow a series in an order.

I liked several of Heather Graham's books, when she used to write historical romances. Now, I see that she has added to her itinerary the mystery books with elements of mystics.

I cannot say that I liked the story, which makes me really sad, because I usually do like the author's style.

I felt detached to the characters, places, happenings and dialogues. Throughout the book, I
Linda
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meg Murray, a new graduate of the FBI Academy, discovered that her best friend Lara Mathew was missing. Meg had met Adam Harrison when she was younger and decided she needed to contact him again about Lara. Apparently Adam had been following Meg’s life and felt she would be an asset to the Krewe of Hunters and now they both needed each other to try and find her friend. Special Agent Matt Bosworth joined with Meg in the hunt especially since there was someone in the DC area killing young women ...more
Macwolf01 [Elise]
The Silenced is the 15th book in the Krewe of Hunter series by Heather Graham. And my least favorite so far, I found it hard to connect with the two main characters; at times it seemed to drag.

Meg Murray is a novice FBI agent a late night phone message has her concerned for the safety of her childhood friend Lara. Convinced that Lara has been taken and maybe dead, Meg contacts an old friend Adam Harrison. She gets assigned to the Krewe of Hunters, a FBI unit of paranormal investigators.

Special
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator 3 10 Oct 04, 2015 11:31PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Preorder The Silenced by Heather Graham for bonus content! 1 5 Jun 01, 2015 11:07AM

• Snowfire
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Touching Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #4; Evil #1)
  • Eyes of Fire
  • Dark Corner
  • Hot Blooded (New Orleans #1)
  • Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12; Blood #3)
  • Something's Down There
  • The Mist (Ireland Series, #3)
  • Gifted To The Wolves (The Gifted Series, #3)
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Chill of Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #8; Fear #2)
  • Lost Innocence (Siren Cove, #2)
  • Ruthless (Corcoran Team #2)
  • Writing Faster FTW
  • Head Over Heels (Marine #1)
  • Gifted To The Lion (The Gifted Series, #4)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
“The hard-core politicians she knew wouldn’t be stalking her; they weren’t suffering from any mental disorders. Wait—not true. Anyone in politics was suffering from a mental disorder!” 0 likes
“She wasn't dead, but she was in hell. He'll on earth.” 0 likes