Start by marking “Swept Away (Sixteenth Summer #3)” as Want to Read:
Swept Away (Sixteenth Summer #3)

Swept Away

(Sixteenth Summer #3)

Beachfront love blossoms in this refreshing summer romance, in the tradition of Sixteenth Summer and Seventeenth Summer.

Mandy Sullivan isn't exactly looking forward to the summer months as tourists invade her seaside hometown on the coast of Maine. Her best friend, Cynthia, has abandoned her for camp and her older brother just announced he'll be staying at college taking c
Published May 5th 2015 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Swept Away, please sign up.

Jasprit
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I love diving into my Summer reads just before the Summer is with us, I am very much a mood reader, so definitely need my Summery type of reads to get me in the mood for Summer and Dalton’s Swept Away very much did that.

Mandy isn’t expecting much from this Summer, she’s stuck helping out her mum at Candy Cane, her best friend Cynthia is off away at musical-theatre camp and her brother doesn’t even come home this Summer, so Mandy’s just expecting to wallow her Summer away. But she doesn’t expect
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ah, summer romance. Love squeezed into two months with a clock counting down, down, down to the end of August. So heartwarming and heartbreaking all at once! But that’s one of the many reasons why I love it so. You have to love and feel it ALL right now—right then. Before it’s too late! Make every moment, look, and kiss count. The intensity is addictive. Summer romances are one of my many reading weaknesses. And Michelle Dalton knows how to write ‘em!

“The moon’s reflection quivers with each rise
Stefanie
Light and fluffy and fun. I will always love books like this one. That you know will be adorable and make you happy when reading it. Plus the cover I thought it very fitting.
Danniele
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A really cute summer read. I liked it.
Hannah Schneider
Personal Response: I really liked this book just like all of the other books this author writes. It was another well-written summer romance book, I could not put it down. It was not like her other ones in this series, this one had more realistic events happen in this book, while the first two were more of events that were not realistic. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I would for sure read it again.

Plot Summary: A Sixteenth Summer- Swept Away takes place in a small coastal town called R
Julia Rice
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personal Response: I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought the author did a great job of developing the characters throughout the book. I liked that the author included suspense and created major problems for the characters. I wish there would have been more at the end of the book about whether or not Oliver came back to Rocky Point. I also liked that the reader was able to feel some of the emotions that the characters were feeling. Unfortunately, I was able to predict one of the major eve ...more
Nicole Shepard
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 stars) This was such a great book! I wish I had read it during the summer because it made me miss/think of summer! Some unimportant parts of the book seemed to drag on but the best parts of the book made up for it! Even though this book is part of a series, you don't need to read the series in order. I would definitely recommend this book!
Jessica
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Although they may be cliche, I absolutely love summer romance books that take place in a summer town. There's just something about having all day to have fun, fall in love, and live life that I love in the fluffy romances. Sometimes, though, the stories really are a bit cliche and not as awesome as I hope…

With her best friend leaving for drama camp and her mom forcing her to work at the local lighthouse, Mandy Sullivan isn't too excited for summer. Until she meets the cute new tourist in town na
Bri
What I liked: The cover of this book gave off a wonderful, summertime romance feel and the story fell into that feeling. The romance between Mandy and Oliver started off and stayed pretty cute throughout the story as they grew to know each other. I also liked that how that even though Mandy's best friend, Cynthia, was gone for the summer that Mandy still had friends that she could spend time with. Oliver's grandfather, John, turned out to be quite different from what I was expecting when he was ...more
Farah Hanani
Yay! Summer reads! I'm always game for summer books.

This is such a festive summer books with lots to do! I wish my place is as festive as this. I love reading about the adventures Mandy and Oliver went on. Also, I love how they aren't a couple that's lovey dovey all the time. Not that they have issues. Like, couples fights too even when they like each other and I like how they work around each other through fights.

I like how relate-able the issues is. As easy as it may sound, it's not that easy
Alice
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
The book didn't really capture my attention and the romantic relationship wasn't really exciting
Erika Maki (Maniacal Reader)
I didn't like this story much at all when compared to Michelle Dalton's other books. The story follows Mandy Sullivan who lives in Rocky Point working at a historic lighthouse. She meets Oliver Framingham at the beginning of the summer and falls in love with him. Mandy is a girl who comes across as confident. Oliver is a shy and nerdy type of guy. The two are complete opposites, but for some reason they really like each other. Oliver is actually the grandson of the town resident that everyone co ...more
Bonnie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute story about a summer meeting of a girl and a boy. I enjoyed reading this book but i didn't like how it ended. I wish it ended differently in my opinion. In the way the author ended it, it was good enough because there was no better way for the author to end it in the way the author wanted it to end. This might not make sense if you have not read the book yet. Besides the ending, overall it was a good book.
Brianna McDonald
I thought this book was very well detailed. Everybody was "stereotyping" who "Freaky" was. In reality he was just a man that nobody knew much about. There are many people today, in real life, that are misjudged, just like he was. Mandy was a very hard-working girl, with a job, that was very persistent in what she was doing.
Morgan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you liked the first one then you will probably like this one. I might read it again. It's about a girl who lives in Maine and then meets a boy who is only there for the summer and they only have the summer to spend together.
Megan Nason
I enjoyed this book. More times than others. I found that this book was hard to get into but when I got into it, the book was pleasantly enjoyable. I would recommend to girls that like teen realistic fiction but would not recommend to the girls who get bored with books easily.
Hannah
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swept Away is a fantastic book for those who love books about summer love.
Sarah Acacia
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
Ghawig
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick summer read.
Beatriz
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I kinda dont like Mandy at the start but she grew on me each time I turn a page. Great summer read. or even if it aint summer 😁
Stephanie Ward
3.5 Stars

'Swept Away' is a perfect summer read for fans of YA contemporary romance. The story follows our main character - Mandy Sullivan - as she faces a long and boring summer alone with her best friend away at camp and her brother staying at college. To help the time go by faster, Mandy takes a job at the local lighthouse. Imagine her surprise when a cute guy requests a private tour on her first day. Mandy and Oliver instantly click, and then proceed to spend more and more time together doing
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
The review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

The amazing thing about a Michelle Dalton book is the ability it has to put you right in a beach side town in summer. Since reading her first book, Sixteenth Summer, she has managed to transport me to warm summer days on a beach, Cape Cod for me, and made me remember what it was like in the summer when I was younger. She has done it with every book of hers so far and Swept Away wasn’t any different.

Swept Away is the story of Mandy, a girl living in
Jaelyn Reeck
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personal Response:
I really liked this book because it is very cute. This book explains a lot more about a budding romance between Mandy, a local, and Oliver, a tourist whose grandfather lives in town. It's very interesting and i am glad that i read it.
Plot Summary:
This book takes place in Rocky Point, Maine, where the main character Mandy lives. Mandy is very upset when her best friend, Cynthia, tells her that she is going to camp for the summer, not only is Cynthia leaving her for the summer
Cindy
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
At a Glance/ The Cover:
Surprisingly, I've actually read all of the Sixteenth Summer series. It's those cute summer reads about romance and the amazing life of a sixteenth year old. What I'll give to go to a beach like those girls and just meet cute boys. I mean, I live in California and everything, but I don't live that close to a boardwalk.

The cover is also super cute. Just got to comment on that. I wonder if Simon Pulse actually gets real people to model just for this cover.

The Characters/M
Swept Away is that perfect summer read that you can toss into your beach bag.

I’ve been to Maine but never to a touristy area like where the book revolves around. The constant talk of Lobster rolls definitely had me salivating. I loved the setting and I really loved how things kind of revolve around the Lighthouse fondly referred to as Candy Cane. Of course a book that takes place for just a summer is always fun as well.

You don’t realize Mandy’s bad habit of conforming right away. The more she s
Alyssa Ference
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book. I found it extremely relatable, being a sixteen year old teenage, myself. Mandy struggles with opening up to her mom and Oliver, the boy she meets and falls for over the summer, ends up being the one to bring Mandy and her mother closer. I can relate to Mandy in how she struggles being her own person when she is with her friends. It is so easy to get caught up in who your friends are and what they are like, that you soon lose knowledge of the person you are. The passion that gr ...more
Amariah Dixon
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book at a steady pace since it's the last one I read in the Sixteenth Summer series. I teared up at the end, but was relatively satisfied (I won't give it away). The romance is chaste, but endearing at the same time. Even though Mandy and Oliver got on my nerves sometimes, you knew they realized their mistakes and would strive to correct them. I got that warm, fuzzy feeling inside whenever they did something together. The descriptions are real and let you feel, taste, and see what is ...more
Isabella
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Mmk! Now !!!!!
Hold hold up that was too quick ://// Oliver and Mandy were sooo cuteee its adorable ^.^ ... but they have that saying to stay away from summer boys/Girls :// it can be painful

I rated it 3 not because I didnt like It I really enjoyed it :) its a fun and exciting summer read
it teaches u lessons and to guard your heart !!!! it hurt for me when oliver had to leave
but there love will never be forgotten ♥♥♥

so I still ship Oliver & Mandy
in my world they will end up together ^.^
Bethany
another fluffy but charming summery book, this time set in maine. uncanny timing because i'm planning to travel to that neck of the country later this year, for the first time (not for the summer, unfortunately)

I liked a lot of this story, from the realistic way Mandy and Oliver liked but also annoyed one another, to the fun character of "Freaky" and the little nuances of Cynthia and Justin and their group of friends.

perfect for the summer!
Klarissa
Aug 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason that I didn't like this book was the whole plot. So, basically the whole book. I found Mandy really needy and ditzy, while Oliver was just not appealing at all. There were some parts that grabbed my attention, but most of it was just gibberish and I found it really hard to get through this book.

• The Last Summer of Us
  • Boys of Summer
  • 100 Days
  • Five Summers
  • My Summer Roommate
  • A Shattered Moment (Fractured Lives, #1)
  • The Lonely Hearts Club
  • Something True (True Love, #3)
  • The Kingdom of Oceana
  • Letting Go (Love on Campus #1)
  • Incriminated (Emancipated, #2)
  • The Pursuit of Happiness
  • A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy
  • The Season of You & Me
  • A Walk in the Sun
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Judgement of Souls
  • Once Upon a Kiss

Sixteenth Summer (3 books)
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • Pulled Under (Sixteenth Summer #2)