Start by marking “Second Chances (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)” as Want to Read:
Second Chances (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)

Second Chances

(The Fall of the Altairan Empire)

Paltronis wasn't the one who started the fight, but she was the one who ended it. She also ended her career with the Patrol. Until Tayvis, an officer, shows up and offers her a chance to prove she's not a complete screw-up.
A prequel short story for the Fall of the Altairan Empire series.
Published July 4th 2014 (first published August 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chances

Start your review of Second Chances (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)
Frank Carver
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the amateurish cover, this was a fun and action-packed sci-fi romp by a skilled writer.

This is a short book at around 7500 words, but it fits in a whole story with a familiar structure. I got it for free as part of a promotion, but it seems to usually cost money, which is unusual for a prequel these days.

Space Patrol Ensign Paltronis has got in one fight too many and is about to be kicked out of the Academy when she is recruited by a man who claims to represent the mysterious Enforcers,
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
I read this short story right after reading Chain of Secrets in which this character comes to the forefront. I loved this little addition but it only served to make me want more. I would love it if this character had her own series. I enjoyed reading about her start to working with Patrol when she was young and less experienced. I'm really hoping there is more to come. My only complaint is that the cover art does not seem to fit the character. The character is described as having shorter hair an ...more
Loren Smith
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great short story. My son and I enjoyed reading this together. The story was engaging, and did not slow down at all. I enjoyed it and can gladly recommend it for a good quick read.
Jansen
Marilee
Oct 09, 2020
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Jul 04, 2019
I write numerous genres including space opera, science fiction, fantasy, and comic horror. I've even dabbled in romance.

Find my space opera series at http://www.altairanempire.com and all my writing at http://www.jaletac.com

My day job involves a planetarium, a starship simulator and lots of school children.

The Fall of the Altairan Empire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Nexus Point
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • Poisoned Pawn (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #3)
  • Kumadai Run (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #4)
  • Cold Revenge (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #5)
  • Jericho Falling (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #6)
  • Obsidian Tears (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)
  • Chain of Secrets
  • An Indecent Proposal (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)
  • Phoenix in Flames (The Fall of the Altairan Empire Book 10)