Start by marking “Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)” as Want to Read:
Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)

Angel Dares

(Benedict-Savant #5)

Angel is impulsive. Disguising her savant ability to control water doesn't come easily to her. Then she meets the broodingly handsome Marcus at a music festival where they're both performing, and finds herself all at sea. For when he sings, her soul answers with its own music. Like the tide, their mutual attraction cannot be held back, but Marcus's mistrust of Angel's gift ...more
Published October 1st 2015 by Oxford University Press

Start your review of Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
Ferdy
Spoilers

The usual YA fluff, it would have actually been a fun read if the 'hero' hadn't been such a horrible-dim-twit and if the heroine had some self-respect and wasn't so desperate about someone who didn't give a damn about her. The secondary characters and the friendships between characters were written well though.

-Angel was nothing but a doormat, she was a fun character before, but she turned into a whiny, needy, pathetic mess as soon as she met Marcus. He kept insulting her and walking al
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is a bit of a comfort read for me, the books are all cute, funny and incredibly easy to read and they're perfect palette cleansers when I'm in the mood to read something light hearted. I love the concept of the Savants, for anyone new to the series Savants are people born with some kind of psychic ability, they all have completely different powers so you never know quite what idea the author will come up with next so it's always interesting to see how each of the characters abilities ...more
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Joss Stirling's SoulFinder series is one of my favourites. I love the whole idea of the Savant community and the fact that all these couples are destined to be together but have to find each other first.

'Angel Dares' was another terrific addition to the series. The main character Angel, meets Marcus, a fellow musician at a festival and is drawn to him through their music. He is originally distrustful of her gift and refuses to believe in the savant community which makes their relationship extre
Nas
It should have been Will's book.

Don't understand why the brothers are being turned into the side characters where we witness them finding their savants from some next person's point of view. I can't feel my babies love and passion, there's just no substance to these books anymore, it frustrates the hell out of me. This could easily been a novella instead of the full length book.

If the next book isn't Victor's but that little irrelevant girl, Summer, i'll legit be so mad and will DEFINITELY NOT
K.K. Summer
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
okay wow this is one of my favourites in the series!! It was just perfection :) oh marcus <3 *sigh*
can not wait for another book in this series!! That really is all I can say!! loved angel so so much!
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
As soon as I finished Misty Falls I just knew that I had to start Angel Dares next because although Misty’s story was over, I was excited to see what would come next the Savant world and of course I wanted to get to Angel more and find out about her story. If I’m honest, I’m not really a massive fan of stories because based around music so I tried not to judge this book too much before reading and give it the benefit of the doubt and I’m surprised I enjoyed as much as I did. I think it definitel ...more
The Polka Dot
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh I'm so happy to see another one!

Totally luvin this series, it's so cliched and the romance is cheesy but its fab and super entertaining. I like my protagonists to be witty sassmastas and Joss Stirling does it right, can't wait...
Hannah L (Reviewer)
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description
The fifth installment of the Benedicts series, Angel Dares take the readers on a romantic adventure of soulmates. Angel is a musician with the band Seventh Edition, a violinist to be exact. Her spunky personality is constantly getting her in trouble, but that doesn't stop her from trying to help one of the Benedict brothers find thier soul-mate, or soulfinder as they call them in the world of Savants. Savants are people with special abilities, like telekinesis, water-bending and detecting lies.
Vampress Bathory
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! This book!!! Wow!!! I absolutely adore this series, but I think this book is my fav hands down!!! Like mixing rockstars, good music, couple of yummy Benedicts and soulmates? Heck yeah sign me in, man!!! I loved everything in this book, the characters, the action, the story line, the length of it, absolutely everything. I love how even if this counts as romance we still have badass action in spades.
Loved the heroine soooo much, soo funny and loony, she is perfect. The hero is my soulmate,
Charlotte
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

I hate that I'm giving this a low rating. I like this series and the idea of savants, but this one just didn't cut it for me. The first three books were great, the fourth was okay, but I just couldn't rate this one any higher than 2.5 stars without it being a lie.

I'm not saying that I hated the book. It was fun and easy to read like the rest of the series, and it did have me laughing in places.

But it also had me cringing a lot of the time. It just felt more juvenile than
Lotte Van Herreweghe
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, magical and tensive...
This is romance at its best
Lucina

(Under Construction)

... (My opinion about the story will follow soon) ...

Angel was a perfect heroine, I loved her positive nature and optimism. Although she had to be rescued on more than one occasion I never thought that Angel is the typical damsel in distress. She made mistakes (some of them where stupid but totally understandable for a girl her age) but that made her human and likeable. She wasn't perfect but who is?

Marcus was more difficult to like as a perfect romance hero although
Maud
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequel
The only reason why I can't give this 'second trilogy' 5 stars is because I'm not as in love with the guys as I was with the Benedict brothers. But it was very fun and I really liked Angel and seeing another Benedict brother finding his soulfinder! Only one more book to go sadly...
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
This book is like one of those situations you dream up where those that have hurt you are riotously put in their place and you come out on top with everything going perfectly for you, and a smoking hot girl/guy/whatever your partner identifies as on your arm. It's way too perfect to be true, yet still fun to imagine and makes you feel a little better. And really, that's what fluff novels are for.

I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Marcus - he's a bit of a jerk. It's understandable that
Celine
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love Angel, she's such a fun and full of energy character. I really really love this book, maybe because I'm a fangirl and very into music myself. But it's so good! And well Marcus OMG Cohen is part of this book, so yeah, what else should I say. (he is kinda mean and stupid sometimes but you just have to love him) I'm also really happy Will is the main Benedict in this one, cause I love that guy! And his relationship with Angel is the cutest.
Bayan
Apr 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
I'm so pumped up for this book :D
I couldn't even believe it when I found out there was a forth book to the series, and now a fifth. My soul feels content x'D
Sanne
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been loving this book! The whole savant thing is a little bit cliche, but who doesnt love a good lovestory. And YES Davis finally got arrested! I think these books deserve much more recognition, so read them all!!!!
Rystal
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked how this book was different from the others in this series as it wasn't completely love at first sight which was quite refreshing! Loved the new characters added in and of course any appearance from the Benedict boys is a plus!
Rumyana
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! The writing style is the best I've ever read!!!! It was so much fun reading all of the stories that. have came out by now! I really hope to read more of those books in the future!
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Love Joss Stirling and the Savant series of books! This book pulled me out of a reading slump. Even had me crying over the characters.
Alisha Tarran
Right, I'm gonna be straight up with you guys...I freaking love Joss Stirling's books. No matter what mood I'm in, they make me smile, and I enjoy every page. If I'm having a bad day, or a bad time or need a pick me up...her books do it. They make me laugh, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, and they're my go to book whenever I want a comfort read or just want laugh. It just so happens that I got to review this book at the perfect time, and it did pick my mood up immensely! I kn ...more
Annette
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you know what's weird? Every time I think of the Benedicts books I get this smile on my face. I remember these great love stories and these lovely mysteries with a little danger. And yet, for some reason, it always takes me ages before I pick up the next book and I just can't figure out why. Why do I not pick the next book up, even though I enjoy it so much when I'm reading them?

Because the same happened with this book. I've had it for five months already, waiting on the shelves, and yet it t
Sia
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Alice Wulf
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE
This book was awful. I did not finish it, and it was a fucking RELIEF to put this book down. The only reason I gave it 2 stars, was because the main character Angel was so damn delightful. I'm so mad that she was given such an asshole as a soulfinder. Marcus is a DICK .

The problems with Marcus were evident from the very beginning. He's one of those assholes who assumes that because a woman stands next to a man, they've obviously dating. He jumps to conclusions, and most damning of all
Anna Di
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow, favorites
i loved it!
i didn't want to sleep or go to work, i just wanted to keep reading and reading!
It's my favourite Savants book so far. Beautiful plot full of music and water and the quirky and stunning personality of Angel, she's definitely my favourite of the girls along with Crystal. I loved the music festival story, musicians, rock gods, idols, conceeerts and music music music. The most beautiful savant gifts. I wasn't so happy with the hero as he was too stubborn-head for his own good but it tied
Becca Housden
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I’m really enjoying the second half of this series and how the books combine the new characters with the Benedict brothers and their overarching story lines. The plot of the threat to the Savant world was expanded well in this book.
I did sometimes find Angel’s relationships and personality slightly jarring. While I understood and appreciated her characterisation as enthusiastic and affectionate, I feel that it sometimes became a caricature. I also felt that a lot of inappropriate sexual behaviou
Ozlem
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Bit of an annoying one I really liked Marcus and the whole character development but OMG pls like how have 5 books with the same bloody plot been created and there’s still a sixth book? Like I get it but come on who everyone is the main character in the book will find their soul finder and it’s getting so predictable. Like we will see them, no chemistry or too much chemistry, an argument, a tense couple chapters and then they’re in love... can’t wait to finish this series could have been better ...more
Lotte
Feb 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I'm a fan of these books but I just couldn't get through this one. I'm all for sappy YA fluff even though the books are pretty much the same, but this book and its writing just annoyed me to bits. I couldn't even finish it.

The main character was so annoying and felt so unrealistic. The love interest was horrible and honestly didn't deserve any time at all. The two combined felt ridiculous and everything just moved way too fast.

Normally I can read over the stuff I don't particularly love and jus
Captain Dem the second
This was a hell of an original character!
While reading this book i was laughing like a fool shocked from Angerl's strange and colourful behaviour.
She was making me just feel free and happy while reading her happy moments
I didnt really like Marcus in the beginning but i totally liked him towards the ending. I LOVED the way she just approached the whole soulfindah (XD) bussiness
READ IT DONT WAIT ANY MORE
Tali Sman
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story for Joss Stirling. Angel is the hiperactive friend of Misty, the niece of Crystal and Xav. In this book she is in a mission to find Will's soulfinder, and like always she gets a Little Lost in her Mission and starts looking for her soulfinder too. And all of this in a Music Festival were she is performing.
She is a reckless girl, totally confident and a complete character. You'll fall in love with her and with her soulfinder once you meet him.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Скай (Саванти Book 1)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Vanish (Firelight, #2)
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)
  • Belleza Atormentada
  • Los besos robados de Bridget (BG.5 #1.5)
  • Witches: Ritual Rojo (Saga Witches, #4)
  • La dama del alba
  • Serás
  • She is one of the boys: ¿Qué pasaría si te enamoras de tus dos mejores amigos?
  • El Deseo Prohibido de Doug (BG.5 #2)
  • H de Harry (BG.5 #1)
  • La D no es por Dexter (BG.5 #4)
  • Muy Profundo
  • Morpheus: la profecía de la machi (Morpheus, #2)
  • Say Car For Me – Bonus Brian POV Scene (Cinder & Ella, #1.5)
  • Conquistando a Jeremy (BG.5 #3.5)
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f

Benedict-Savant (6 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)