Start by marking “His Other Life” as Want to Read:
His Other Life

His Other Life

He was hiding a terrible secret...

As she tries desperately to find him, Grace opens a Pandora’s Box of secrets
Published March 26th 2015 by Avon (first published March 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about His Other Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Other Life

Start your review of His Other Life
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This won't be one of my longer, more detailed reviews sadly. This book was such a let down for me. I had kind of guessed it was a chick-lit style book being compared to Jo-Jo Moyes (nothing like) but I like my chick-lit to really hold my interest and not be like an insipid weak cup of tea.

This wasn't my cup of tea at all....in fact I was bored for most of it. That's about as honest as I can get. I knew from the start when I got that uh-oh, I don't feel like picking up my Kindle feeling that
Lisa
This started off well. The relationship between the couple was very engaging. But just a bit of the way into the story, one of the characters disappears and takes all that amusing banter with him. I just couldn't get very excited about anything after that. I wanted to like this because it was so fun at first, but it never picked up steam for me after that first bit. Just okay. 2.45 stars.
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I must say I was really intrigued by His Other Life straight away, not only is the cover completely eye-catching but the description was fascinating and I instantly wanted to know more.

Grace’s new husband Adam seems like the perfect package. Good looking, great job, completely charming – almost too good to be true . . . So when Adam suddenly disappears from Grace’s life, she is left bewildered and heartbroken. And with a lot of unanswered questions. As she tries desperately to find him, Grace
Shasni Bala
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is a chick lit genre but there's a splash of mystery to it. The idea of this book is good. This book started off very well which was what made me hooked at the first place. But then I was really disappointed! Half way through this book you just don't get a clue of Grace's husband disappearance but rather unnecessary braggy context. In addition to that, I do not find the climax was strong enough as the title may suggest which of course left very disappointed. I was probably expecting more ...more
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
His Other Life started off really well - I was hooked. However throughout the novel I wasn't sure what genre I was reading. At times it felt like a crime novel but then it would almost slot into the chick-lit genre and it made for a little bit of a tricky read. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be on edge all the time or whether it was ok to find certain things funny or accept the changing relationships between the characters. The cover didn't really help with matters either as it looked quite ...more
Bookread2day
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

A must buy must read. I loved reading His Other Life by Beth Thomas. I just could not put this novel down. What it is very clear to me is that Beth Thomas writes with great focus and with excellent plot ideas.

Grace's life is just like any other woman's she is married to a good looking charming man who she loves very much with all of her heart. Adam and Grace have been married for just one year. But what is extraordinary is that Grace has no details of Adams past life.

One evening while Adam out
Ali Bookworm
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It did ring very true in parts as I did have a boyfriend who disappeared and turned up again. Also anybody who knows what its like having a secrative partner who cannot leave their phone alone will also understand Grace's plight. An enjoyable story and just proves you cant always know a person 100 prr cent and not everyone is what they seem.
Book-shelf Shelf
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this was going to be one where the bloke has another life with a different family etc, but how wrong was i? Adam disappears leaving Grace confused about a lot and needing answers. What follows is a story of eye opening journey which Grace has to travel to get the answers she needs. The book is funny and brilliant entertainment as well as a mystery which last until the final page.
Annie McDonnell
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After finishing this fabulously told tale, I had to “google” Beth Thomas. I wanted to see how many books she had written, that I had missed. One thing I found hysterical in this story, was that her main character; Gracie, often goes to “google” any answers she is seeking….even to find out if her relationship with her landlord, Adam was not deemed appropriate. After all, she married him…but, it was made me giggle at the things she would google, as if it were the Ann Landers of our times for her.
Kelly
Apr 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well where do I start? It was dull. Boring, didn't do anything for me at all. I found it hard to pick my kindle up just to trudge through this book.

It promised so much - we'd find out about Adams life, as it was the major secret in this book. Where was Adam? Why had he disappeared? And what would Grace do to find him? Oh yes, she hit google...actually she googled everything. Well apart from the obvious thing that she really needed to google to start making headway.

Her best friends older
s a t u r d a y   r e a d
His Other Life started off extremely well - I was hooked. I was really confused what genre I was reading, because it was a mixture of crime and chick-lit, which I really liked.
When Adam disappears, we're mislead that he has a secret life and that he's cheating Grace, but as we keep reading, everything is not what it seems. I was really curious to find out what was happening and that kept me until the end, but there were some little problems that I couldn't overlook:
First of all, her husband
Kim
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, net-galley, kindle
Kate and Adam have been married a year when a mystery call from someone called Leon is recorded on their answer phone. After deciding to go and fetch a curry, Adam just fails to come home. Initially worried she reports it to the police. They start an investigation and his car is found in another part of the country, without the curry.

Where is he, is he safe and was it the call from Leon that spooked him? The book follows her dealing with the aftermath of him disappearing and unravelling certain
sue
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it

Oh, this wasn't what I was expecting AT ALL.

Going by the blurb it sounded exciting and a wife who was suddenly missing a husband, he had vanished and she wanted to find him.

Upon her search she comes upon secrets.....

That's what I was thinking I would be reading.

This plot was moving so slow I was kinda wanting to 'hurry it up' and I will admit to doing something that I NEVER do, and that's skim pages to see if it will pick up again. It didn't.

I was disappointed in this, I did stick to it until
Megan Jones
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grace's new husband Adam seems like the perfect package. When Adam suddenly disappears, Grace is heartbroken and bewildered. As she desperately tries to find Adam, Grace realises he was not the man she thought and his secrets come spilling out.
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and found it devastating whilst still remaining hilarious. Thomas very quickly has Adam disappear and fills in his and Grace's backstory as the plot progresses, this is the best way of doing it and means we quickly get a
Jody
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review first posted on my blog: http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

Grace has been happily married to her husband Adam for one year and she still can’t quite believe she managed to get together with a guy like Adam. He's good-looking, charming, has a good job… What more could a girl wish for, right? But then Adam suddenly disappears from Grace's life when he is supposed to get some Indian takeaway, but never returns home. Grace is left behind heartbroken and doesn't know what to do, besides
Fabulous Book Fiend
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review: this book was totally not what I was expecting. From the cover this looks like a kind of typical women's fiction novel but it is something so much darker and more mysterious than that with the wonderful romance of a women's fiction novel at its heart! The storyline overall was fast-paced, twisty and packs a real punch. There is a definite element of mystery there which normally I'm not a massive fan of but because I felt so invested in the characters, I really enjoyed! The ups and downs ...more
Lainy
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Time taken to read - 2 days

Pages - 400

Publisher - Avon

Blurb from Goodreads

He was hiding a terrible secret...

As she tries desperately to find him, Grace opens a Pandora’s Box of secrets and lies – and starts to learn that Adam wasn't so
Vicki
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I had no idea what to expect from this book before I started it. The cover screams chick lit while the blurb hints at something more sinister. After finishing it, I'd say it definitely edges on the side of chick lit. But good chick lit, with a fresh and original slant, a mystery to solve and laugh out loud humour by the bucketful.

Grace is endearingly scatty, frustratingly so at times, but I warmed to her. I loved the chatty style Beth Thomas wrote this novel in and it's almost like a running
Adele
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This was the first novel by Beth Thomas that I’ve read and can honestly say I loved it. Firstly, I loved the cover of the book. They say you should never judge a book by its cover but this cover looked so pretty but had an air of mystery about it.

The premise of the story is that Grace and Adam have been married just a year. Recently Grace has had an uneasy feeling about Adam and when she gets home and finds a message on the answer machine for Adam from someone she has never heard of she becomes
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Thank you to Harpercollins UK, Avon and Netgalley for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know if it's because I've read quite a lot of thrillers lately but unfortunately this book just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong it is well written but the story just didn't grab me and I couldn't connect to any of the characters.

For me, because of the storyline, I would have liked the story to go at a faster pace but instead I found it seemed to drag on and personally
Janet
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this book. I've never read anything by Beth Thomas before but will be buying another of her books....easy comfortable reading.

Grace, naive and complicit, married to perfect Adam. Is he just that little bit too perfect perhaps? When Adam suddenly disappears Grace comes into her own and transforms into a one woman detective agency. Determined to find out what happened to her husband is she prepared for the things she finds along the way?

The style of writing is so easy and relaxed
Hannah Symonds
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book really drew me in. I love Beth's writing style, she has a way to make the characters really likeable. I loved the plot, where Grace's husband Adam goes missing and she and her friend Matt try to piece together what happened to him. I actually thought I knew what was going to happen early on but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. The cover looks brilliant and enchanting and I couldn't wait to leap right in.
Laura Russo
Mar 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
The book started out well and went quickly down hill. Absolutely no build. Way too much dialogue--which was soooo repetitious--and very little action. The characters were boring and unbelievable. No one could be as naive and ignorant as Grace. I believe the author was attempting to mimic Gone Girl and failed miserably.
Agi
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Last year I read Beth Thomas's debut novel "Carry You" and I loved this book. Absolutely loved it. So I really couldn't wait for a release of her second novel "His Other Life" - and when the cover was revealed I was super excited and actually almost hyperventilated, so beautiful it is! Nevertheless, don't be mistaken by this jacket - as much as it looks so fluffy and funny, it in fact represents one of the scenes from the book, which was not fluffy at all, to be honest. I don't what I was ...more
Rachel Dann
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book within days of when it was first published, and barely put it down from beginning to end!

The main character, Grace, is naive but loveable and within the first few pages I got really drawn in to her quest to find out what happened to her errant husband, Adam, who went out for takeaway one night then never returned... I soon felt like I was right there beside Grace on every step of her journey to discover the truth.

Beth Thomas really succeeds in keeping the tension and intrigue
Kerri Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretty cover, but a little bit dull.
Started off well, but I lost interest half way through.
The ending wasn’t quite as exciting as I would of hoped from a book like this.
Not a memorable read so only 2 stars from me
Jacky Hills
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Started off well but by the end my interest was dwindling, I found it a bit predictive with regards to the characters. I found the main character very annoying, but nice easy read. Unfortunately it won't be staying on my bookcase
Susan Broad
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kept me interested to the end, really didn't want to put it down.
Sue Smith
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really good, believable read, well worth picking it up
Sarah Staddon-Phillips
Chic lit easy read. Predictable.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Apple of My Eye
  • The Day We Met
  • The Holiday
  • What Once Was Perfect (Wardham, #1)
  • My Husband's Affair Became the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me
  • Bastard In A Suit (Bastard In A Suit #1)
  • Love You Better
  • A Night to Remember
  • Found
  • The Other Woman
  • One Wish in Manhattan
  • Damien Prescott (Redemption Series, Book 4)
  • The Road Back to Us
  • Half-Shelled Heart (Oyster Cove #2)
  • Sunset over the Cherry Orchard: The feel-good summer read that's like the best kind of holiday
  • Then She Vanishes
  • Frenemies
  • Lullaby Girl
I'm so thrilled that my debut novel, Carry You, is due to be released NEXT MONTH! It's a very personal book for me as it was influenced by my own experience of walking The Moonwalk for the first time in 2010. The Moonwalk is an extraordinary and slightly surreal experience, as you'll discover if you read Carry You, and it inspired me so much, I finally realised my lifelong ambition of writing a ...more