Start by marking “The Goddess Denied (The Saga of Edda-Earth Book II)” as Want to Read:
The Goddess Denied (The Saga of Edda-Earth Book II)

The Goddess Denied (The Saga of Edda-Earth Book II)

Disbelieve memory. Discard evidence. Deny the truth.

Mysteries deepen as a cursed valkyrie investigates the source of her condition, a young woman goes missing, and monsters are reported in the lands of the north. Lindworms, jotun, and ettin have been seen, along with wolves the size of horses. Surely, this means Ragnarok is at hand.

And yet, it's not just the gods who are
Kindle Edition, 1, 883 pages
Published January 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Goddess Denied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goddess Denied

Start your review of The Goddess Denied (The Saga of Edda-Earth Book II)
Koeur
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf

Publisher: Smith

Publishing Date: January 2015

ISBN: 9780986091605

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: DNF

Publisher Description: Mysteries deepen in Edda-Earth as a cursed valkyrie investigates the source of her condition, a young woman goes missing, and monsters are reported in the lands of the north. Lindworms, jotun, and ettin have been seen, along with wolves the size of horses. Surely, this means Ragnarok is at hand.

Review: Could not get through the lengthy
Kriselda Gray
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
[Note: This review covers the first two books of the series - the stories flow together so well, and my comments for each are essentially the same, so it didn't make sense to make two separate reviews. There are no spoilers for either book in this review.]

Let me get straight to the point - the first two volumes of "The Saga of Edda-Earth" contain some of the best epic fantasy fiction - Norse based or otherwise - I've read since Marion Zimmer-Bradley's "The Mists of Avalon," a book that has been
Diane
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Two of 'The Saga of Edda-Earth' is just as multifaceted as its introductory predecessor The Valkyrie; so if it's casual fantasy and quickly-drawn worlds that are sought, move on. Unlike many a fantasy world, the story's time line is long and drawn out - but, in a good way. The action is based upon solid characterization and the focus on various gods at war with one another is injected with living, breathing fire that draws readers in and heats up the action.

Familiarity with the prior The
Michael Maupin
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ms. Davitt has raised the bar. The second installment of Edda-Earth is a more than fitting second chapter in the saga. However this book is more than just a waystation between the introduction of the world and the awaited climax. This book allows the reader to live with the characters. The journey Ms. Davitt takes us on spans half a life of most mere mortals. We experience their danger, their everyday lives, their joy and their sorrow. Ms. Davitt respects her characters, the world she ...more
Drunkosigan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished The Goddess Denied this morning, and all I can say is.....wow. That was a journey; gut punches and highs. I don't mind admitting I teared up at parts, and had to put it down and just giggle at what was happening in others. I was never bored, even though this is a massive novel.

Besides the superb technical details, what most impressed me so far has been the author's ability to plan, to foreshadow without it becoming heavy-handed. You can tell that she has the outline of the story
E.P.
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
"The Goddess Denied" is a fabulous continuation of Davitt's Valkyrie series. I was blown away by the first book, and this second book was equally amazing. Davitt weaves mythology, history, and science to create an alternate world where the gods are real, magic exists and obeys the laws of physics, and Rome never fell. The result is an incredibly rich, detailed, and satisfying story that is equally epic fantasy, alternate history, and hard science fiction. At the same time, the main characters ...more
Deborah Davitt
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The first book, The Valkyrie, sets up the world. And now, everything begins to change; the world itself, and the characters, though some of them resist change as strongly as they resist prophecy.

I took about nine months to write the first draft of all three novels. I then spent the next year and a half shaping, polishing, and typowhacking it. At this point, while I'm still tremendously proud of the accomplishment of writing the trilogy. . . it's all in the readers' hands now.

I hope everyone
Robert Mills
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the story of a Valkyrie who against prophecy tries to change the world for the better. Its sad that such a strong character has such a tragic back story. I can't wait to see how the series ends.
Jared Cockrell
Zach
Apr 08, 2015
Nochi
Jun 30, 2019
Deborah L. Davitt was born at an Army hospital in Washington state, but spent the first twenty-two years of her life in Reno, Nevada.

She graduated first in her class from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 1997, and took her BA in English Literature with a strong focus on medieval and Renaissance literature. In 1999, she received an MA in English from Penn State.

Since then, she has taught