Start by marking “Grandma's Best Quick Breads: Grandma's Best Recipes” as Want to Read:
Grandma's Best Quick Breads: Grandma's Best Recipes

Grandma's Best Quick Breads: Grandma's Best Recipes

There is nothing that is much easier to make than a quick bread or loaf. Just mix up the ingredients, put the mixture in the pan, set the timer for around an hour and go do some other things. Come back when the timer goes and you have a lovely, fresh, home-made treat that everyone will love.

I often make a loaf/quick bread and once it is well cooled slice it. I then
Published November 23rd 2014 by Blue Jeans Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Grandma's Best Quick Breads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma's Best Quick Breads

Start your review of Grandma's Best Quick Breads: Grandma's Best Recipes
Susan
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely cookbook with many delicious easy recipes for quick bread. I've tried one so far but plan on making many more!😀
Mommacat
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Versatile and adaptable. A very back in the day cookbook that I was able to update for my needs and work well as is. Count on Grandma!
Tammy Ketring
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Memories...

This book brought back so many memories of my middle school years up in Wisconsin. My Mom made so many different things that I loved but never got the recipe for. Today we were trying to find the recipe for fruit cake, coffee cake, rhubarb crisp... We will be trying some of the recipes in this book for sure!!!!! New recipe, new memories....
Donna
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There were some good recipes. I waited until I tried a few before posting a review. Baking from scratch is important to me as it’s healthier & this book sparked ideas for new recipes. Great for any Baker from novice to expert.
Jean Hall
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of quick bread recipes in this book that sound really good. I read through it, now want to go back and make some of them soon!
Fran
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great little book

Lovely recipes and look so easy to follow - will certainly be making a few loaves soon, just need to decide which ones!
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since the holiday season is here I thought I would review a book to make baking a little easier.. You mix all the ingredients, then in the pan in the oven, set the timer for around an hour. When you come back bread is done. Your family will think you worked hard. This bread can go in the freezer. When you bring it down, put in the microwave on defrost and fresh bread ready to eat. I picked couple recipes to share.
There is a cinnamon loaf and belief it or not it has sour milk in it. The ban
Vicky Garland
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a sample of the book and it comes with a small amount of info about the Amish along with recipes for different bread the Amish bake and there simple, and I will definitely be trying these recipes. A great cook book. One day I plan to purchase!
Marian
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looks good

The recipes are easy to follow with clear instructions. There are a few new to me recipes that I am looking forward to trying. The bonus recipes at the back were a good idea.
Sue Lassiter
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I can't wait to try some of these recipes.
Angela
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book with easy recipes to make.

Some of the bread I' had never heard of, it makes an interesting urge to try them out.
great baking
Barbara Fricks
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I made the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Muffins and they were delicious. Fairly easy recipes and directions.
Penney
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy breads to make
Carolyn L. Parker
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice little cookbook, but nothing spectacular!
charlie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good grub

Quick and easy cooking .A good quick read with some good quick tips that are easy to follow.
Good tasty food.

Eileen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Good variety of recipes. Directions need to be more precise.

I Like the variety of recipes in this book. I Dislike the the lack of info regarding a bread loaf pan. Give me proper dimensions. I assume you mean a 9 x 5 x 3" pan. BUT what if you think standard bread pans are smaller? Might the difference in pan sizes cause a quality loaf? It is important for baking instructions to be precise.
Debra Watts
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Grandma's rule

Quick and easy to find recipes. Most understanding rules of the recipes and the ingredients. I love simplest steps and the links at the end of each recipe. I'll be using this a lot .
Ivana Cancel
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Loved the recipes. Easy to follow. Great for when you're in a rush. I recommend it to everyone. Definitely gonna use it at home and at work.
Michelle Smith
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved the recipes I will be using the recipes they remind me of my grandma
Cat
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
So much yummy goodness! I can't wait to make a few of these for Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends!
Utpal Sarkar
Aug 02, 2018
kaluba
Dec 11, 2015
Heather  Pederson
Apr 15, 2015
Wally Chanter
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2018
Mrs. Eileen White
Sep 20, 2018
Ralf Kushner
Jul 31, 2018

• 25 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes Cookbook (Simple and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes)
  • Cookie Recipes
  • Salads To Go
  • Cookie Indulgence:  150 Easy Cookie Recipes
  • Soup Cookbook: The Ultimate Soup Cookbook: Delicious, Home Made Soup Recipes Anyone Can Make Tonight! Soup Cookbook Series And Soup Cookbook Books (Soup ... Soup Cookbooks, Soup Recipes Cookbook,)
  • The Moosewood Cookbook: Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, New York
  • The No Meat Athlete Cookbook: Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes to Fuel Your Workouts—and the Rest of Your Life
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes Cookbook: Easy, Fast, Healthy and Delicious Recipes
  • Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
  • Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
  • Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
  • The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making
  • The Best Recipe
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl
  • Slow Cooker 101: Master the Slow Cooker with 101 Great Recipes
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution
1 follower
Marg first started writing about food back in 1975 when she wrote a weekly cooking column for her daily newspaper in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. She continued this practice until she moved to the west.

Once there, she began writing a cooking column for her weekly newspaper and did so for several years.

She published her first cookbook, Traditions of Home Cookies and Muffins in 1992 and