Start by marking “Water in a Broken Glass” as Want to Read:
Water in a Broken Glass

Water in a Broken Glass

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A talented sculptor becomes the centerpiece of a love triangle with the man of her dreams, and the woman destined to become her reality. In Water in a Broken Glass, Odessa Rose paints a landscape where identities sculpted by art and narrow boundaries are put to the test of life and all of its possibilities.
Published December 19th 1999 by La Caille Nous

To ask other readers questions about Water in a Broken Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water in a Broken Glass

Anondra Williams
May 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this story and the author. She weaves a tale that makes you want to sit along the sidelines and hope to capture a glimpse of their life in real life. Characters are well developed and true to life. I have read this book at least twelve times...seriously it gives me life and hope and dreams. I want to meet Satin, love her..tell her I can do better than..lol

yes lawd photo yes2_zps64138bdb.gif
trice
Oct 29, 2008 rated it liked it
This piece by newcomer Odessa Rose explores overlapping themes of sexuality and self-discovery. Set in the accurately described DC/Baltimore metro area, this art- and forensics-oriented narrative is lush with concrete detail, punctuated by an unexpected sub-plot twist. Broken Glass does the job for a rainy day.
Indgoluv
I love this book. The author was so expressive. Emotions and feelings are important to me and I felt it all over! Wonderful book!
Nee
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav
This book I loved it! It was a awesome read! I wish I knew of some similar books such as this one!
Cera
Oct 09, 2011 marked it as on-hold
Very outside my usual reading range, being about African-American lesbians, and definitely worth going back to when I am out of my comfort reading phase.
Qiana Cole
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novel I read, where I could relate to the love story between the characters. A beautifully written story
Michelle Johnson-lane
For Odessa Rose's first book, it was OK. I'm looking forward to reading her latest, though 'In The Mirror.'
Pearl
Sep 01, 2013 added it
It's been years since I've read this book. I remember it being one of the best reads of this particular genre.
vennissa scarlett
Rena
Apr 10, 2011
Dahni Mcphail
Oct 19, 2014
Odessa Rose was born and reared in Baltimore, Maryland, which serves as the backdrop for her fiction. She spent her childhood surrounded by books, for her mother is a voracious reader of horror, in particular Stephen King. When she was nine, Rose read a short story in Reader’s Digest. The eloquent way in which the author wove words into story so fascinated Rose that she was compelled to announce t ...more
More about Odessa Rose