Start by marking “A Halloween Hookup (Page Turners, #3.6)” as Want to Read:
A Halloween Hookup (Page Turners, #3.6)

A Halloween Hookup

(Page Turners #3.6)

There is something magical about Halloween…
Jerry Finney is a no-nonsense detective who believes in facts and hard evidence. But all of Finn’s beliefs are challenged when he gets thrown into a ghostly mystery on Halloween night with the sexy psychic whose office is down the hall from his.
A self-proclaimed psychic and white witch, Zia is surprised to find herself attracted
Published January 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Halloween Hookup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Halloween Hookup

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

"Happy crazy Halloween. What a night." She grinned. "Still think I put a spell on you?"
He shrugged. "Don't care. If you did, I hope you don't take it off. I like you and I like us together."
"Can you handle our differences? Keep an open mind about my work and what I do?"
"Hey, I already tried a pumpkin spice latte and participated in a seance---what else do you want from me?"

I read this for my Set on Halloween Bingo square.
*This is a Kindle Freebie!

This was a very short (50pgs or so) s
Jennifer Collin
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yet another wonderful story from Jennie Marts and her Page Turners series. This novella is the story of Finn and Zia: the private investigator and his neighbour, the pyschic. It's a tale of opposites attract. Finn and Zia couldn't be more different, but when the chemistry is firing, what can you do? A Halloween Hookup is yet another example of Mart's signature storytelling - it's funny, romantic and filled with suspense. A great one for a night in. (Readers familiar with the Page Turners will be ...more
Pat
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This novella is a laugh a minute! A strictly go by the rules PI with an office next to a beautiful woman who reads tarot cards, crystal balls and contacts ghosts. They team up to figure out who or what trashed there offices and find a much more interesting connection. Great Halloween quick read!
Kyla Lockwood
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute fun lshort mystery

This was a cute book....I was surprised by the emotional parts pushed in....most short books dont have great emotional burst that have you hoping fir the good of the Character. I even had a couple chuckles which is good for any book...if I laugh I know the writer is good.
I liked the plot of this book and was quite happy with the ending. I gave it a four rating because I kinda hoped for alittle more action or was hoping for more of a coming together for the two mains....but
Judy
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am attending an author event in a few months and this author, Jennie Marts will be there. I had not read anything she wrote previously and want to, before I had the opportunity to meet her.

I enjoyed the author's writing style, wit and plot very much. This was a fun novella. I was able to become fully involved in the story, even though this novella is #3.6 (after the third book in the series).

I very much want to read more from this author.
Mari Hinton
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute story

Zia and Fin work in the same building, but have never talked to one another. Zia is a psychic in Fin is a private detective . Neither one profession see eye to eye with each other . Then one day the building is broken into and the two set out to investigate together . Will they be able to survive each other or will they find romance ?
Rebecca
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick read

I haven't read any of the series, but that didn't seem to matter. It was a good story that was all wrapped up. I liked the characters. Definitely fun to read around Halloween.
Minga Dotson
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short murder mystery/romance about a PI and his neighbor, a psychic.

He's a science and facts guy, she's a widow who talks to ghosts, mixed herbs, and does witchy stuff. When both of their offices get broken into the same night things get interesting.
Ellen White
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perfect for Halloween. PI Finney, straight and narrow, no nonsense type of guy, and deals with his cases the same way. When thrown together with the one being a psychic, you have an interesting story. Sparks are firing, can they solve the mystery of who is destroying their offices.Good cozy mystery
Elizabeth Hankla
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

Another fabulously fun romantic comedy by Jennie Marts!! Finn and Zia couldn’t be more different but, sometimes, differences attract! If you’re looking for a sexy silly Halloween story, look no further!
Leslie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short, but cute story with a couple of laugh out loud moments. I love reading Jennie Marts' books - she knows how to incorporate those LOL moments. I think she and I have the same warped sense of humor. I also enjoyed seeing some characters from previous stories - gotta love Edna!
Jennie Ersari
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun and sexy novella.

I enjoyed this novella very much. It was a very quick read that was entertaining and also had a bit of sexy spice to mix in to the mystery.
Lisa Rector
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, witches
This is just what you’d expect from a short quirky read. Light and fast and a bit humorous. It even had a surprise.

Reader Rated for ages 18+ for sensuality.
Tatiana Lammers
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Oh, what a fun and quick read this was!
Sheila Lord
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

This is a great little book I picked up to read because it was Halloween and I like to read books of the season and this did not disappoint
Stacie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
FicCentral
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Our Rating:

Another winner from Kindle Unlimited!

Private investigator Finn leads a predictable, no-nonsense life. His work may be interesting, but everything else is… Well, it’s just boring. So when his office is broken into and ransacked, everything ratchets up a notch, and when the kooky, sexy psychic down the hall is involved, his hum-drum day is turned upside down.

The Verdict: Aside from this one being a novella — that category of books that just never has quite enough story for me — this on
Tracie Banister
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dead bodies, white witches, and things that go bump in the night - this book is the perfect read leading up to All Hallows' Eve! I'm a fan of Jennie Marts' Page Turners series, so it was fun to get this bonus holiday-themed novella from her. No-nonsense detective Jerry Finney aka Finn is promoted from supporting character to lead in this story, and I enjoyed learning more about him. It's definitely a case of opposites attracting when he has to team up with psychic Zia to figure out who (or what) ...more
Lana
Jul 19, 2015 added it
I am a big fan of Jennie Marts’ Page Turner series and was so excited to read a new story with my favorite characters. I loved the way Marts introduced new characters and a fun new Halloween story line, but still had my favorites show up in the story. Finn is the tough private eye with a heart of gold and totally swoon-worthy. I loved the way he fell for Zia and opened his heart to something new. Laughing out loud and a few good goose-bump moments make this a great read! I love romantic comedy!
Jennifer Jimmerson
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5-stars
This was a little more adult than I expected. I'm so used to YA Fantasy, not romance, that this took a little getting used to. It is a Paranormal Opposites-Attract Romance and Mystery. A fun quick read. A lot of unspoken naughty thoughts, some adult situations, and a murder victim....along with the moral of Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover.

I really liked the first book in the series...so I'm hoping the others are more like it and less like this this one.
Linda
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a fun short novella about a skeptic private detective, Finn, and a psychic, Zia, that have both of their offices broken into and searched. One believes that a human did it and the other that a murdered man’s ghost did the searching and damage to their offices. Hopefully there will be sequels to see how open Finn’s mind remains to the supernatural.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Old Habits Kill

What happens when a witch and a detective share a building that is broken into? Why an unusual relationship on Halloween with a ghost busting old lady, a dead body and a peculiar party across the street. This is sure to make you LOL and have you fanning yourself at the HOT spots ~
Edith Dunning
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zia and Finn have been office neighbors for awhile,never getting to know each other until a break-in trashes both offices. now the cynical detective and the psychic must work together to solve the mystery and find they misjudged each other all along.
Robin Resch
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This could be a stand alone book. I did not read any of the other books in this series and I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read. I might have to get the first couple of books and start at the beginning.
Beth
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun little story.
Cassandra Miller
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to read supernatural books!
Recommended to Cassandra by: nobody i just found it!
Loved this book will read the rest of them! I read it in just a couple hours. Funny, an i loved the characters!
Joanna
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun fun fun

Cute and quirky story. Fun quick read with steamy but clean sceens. Would love to see what happens between these two .
Chu-Salyer Sharon
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sexy psychic Wite witch and a closed minded detective works together in solving a murder. Wonderful book to read for lunch. I finished the book less than a hour.
Jennifer Jozwiak
Nov 08, 2018
Lesley
Jul 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blood Lust (Bryn and Sinjin #2.5)
  • Seducing Santa
  • A Manhattanite's Christmas (The Manhattanites #5)
  • Their Merry Little Christmas (Love Square, #2.5)
  • Hearts on Fire
  • Avenge (Patronus, #2)
  • The Secret Life of a Witch 3 (Mystic Willow Bay, Witches Series)
  • Owl Be Yours (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4.7)
  • Road to Christmas Past
  • Christmas Wish
  • Don't Stop Believing (Silver Pines, #1)
  • Cold Flame (Deadwood, #6.5)
  • Something Wikkid This Way Comes
  • Hotel Hex (Hex, #4.5)
  • A White Hot Christmas
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • Cabin Nights
  • Practically Imperfect (Imperfect, #3)
Jennie writes Romance, Mystery and Humorous Women's Fiction. She loves to make readers laugh as she weaves stories about love, friendship and intrigue.

Page Turners (5 books)
  • Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got No Body (Page Turners, #1)
  • Easy Like Sunday Mourning (Page Turners, #2)
  • Just Another Maniac Monday (Page Turners, #3)
  • Tangled Up In Tuesday (Page Turners, #4)
  • What To Do About Wednesday (Page Turners, #5)
“We are only afraid of what we don’t understand.” 1 likes