Start by marking “Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine #2)” as Want to Read:
Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine #2)

Fandemonium

(The Wicked + The Divine (Collected Editions) #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  18,398 ratings  ·  1,804 reviews
The second volume of the award-winning urban fantasy series where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. Following the tragic and unjust death of Lucifer, it takes a revelation from Inanna to draw Laura back into the worlds of Gods and Superstardom to try and discover the truth behind a conspiracy to subvert divinity. Includes issues 6-11 of ...more
Published July 1st 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Fandemonium, please sign up.
Ashlee Cain You can actually download it directly from imagecomics.com, they allow you to download it in several formats.

·  18,398 ratings  ·  1,804 reviews

Start your review of Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine #2)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
THEY SURE DO KNOW HOW TO END THESE TRADES WITH A BANG AM I RIGHT? TOO SOON? YEAH, TOO SOON.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I mean seriously! What is with these endings!

So, Laura is still depressed over Luci's (Lucifer) death. Inanna comes along and wants to help her find out what really happened. Some other people. . er . . gods are back as well. Some people are made into new gods and other crazy stuff that blows my mind.

Even though I don't understand some of the things they talk about in the book (maybe they don't either) I still love it and I love the freaking graphics. They are just as awesome as the first
Raeleen Lemay
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Not quite as interesting as the first volume, but once again the ending got me like whaaaaaa ? ??
Samantha
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Holy crap.. That ending...
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This story is so all over the place that it should come with a bucketload of aspirin. You know, to cure the headache the reader will undoubtedly suffer from by the time he/she turns the last page. Most of the time you have no clue what's going on, what the characters are talking about or what the hell it all means. A pinch of why, a dash of huh, a drop of "I'm lost," a tinge of "did I miss something," a zest of "oh look, a plot hole!" and TADA! Confusion is you.

The story isn't bad, it's just
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I honestly had such a hard time picking a star rating for this one, because something about this graphic novel series is simultaneously intriguing and really... frustrating and boring. So much happens, yet there's no attachment to any of the characters, so it's hard to care about most of the events. I will admit, though, that the ending caught me, and I'll probably pick up Volume 3 just to see where the story goes next.
Fables&Wren
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-shelved, 03-stars
WrensReads Review:

So I think I understand this a little more. There are suppose to be only twelve gods in a cycle, and each one is harder than the previous one to find. The only reason I knocked out a star is because I am still a little confused on who is who and what.

I need a guide book to keep up with who is who.

I also think these gods are based off of Greek mythology, at least a little. For example, I believe these three are knock offs of The Fates.

Also, in case you were wondering, everything
Samantha
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just. No. Nope. No.
The character motivations make no sense to me. The plot is thin. The ending was left cliffhanger and more "WTH was the point of that"

Sorry guys, I think these are just not for me.....

The art is great though!
Norah Una Sumner

description

Literally don't know what to say. I don't like any of the characters, the story is simply thin, flat and full of cliffhangers that don't make any sense. The art is lovely though. So yeah...

Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2017, graphic-novels
3.5 Stars.

The first half of this volume was so confusing. I don't even really know what is going on half of the time in this series. The story is still very muddled and a lot of things aren't really being explained properly. The second half was much better and things started moving in the right direction. Then that ending, wow I was not expecting that. Despite all of the confusion though, I still like this comic. I'm still holding on to the hope that the story will get clearer and things will be
Ashley DiNorcia
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
First of all, I need that "Lucifer died for our sins" shirt.

Second, the art in this series has easily become one of my all time favorites. It's so beautiful.

Third. Wtf why you gotta do me like that, ending?!
Helen 2.0
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
ANOTHER cliffhanger! Stop with the cliffhangers already!
Liz
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The cliffhanger of cliffhangers.

Matthew
Hmmmm . . . Not quite sure what just happened!? This series is quite bizarre and while it is very visually stimulating, I did not follow it as much as volume 1.

I have been reading about one graphic volume a week and this is some of the best art work I have scene. I am not fond of the wrinkly face of the old main character in the book - but that is really my only complaint.

If you will be offended by pagan and polytheistic religious themes, this is not the series for you. But, if you have an open
ashley (saidthestory)
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
What the what!? How do you end like that? This series continues to be amazing, exciting and heartbreaking!
Elise (TheBookishActress)
God. I love this series.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying the plot is confusing, and yes, it is at times. But you know what? The characters are fantastic enough and the art style gorgeous enough that it makes up for it. I love the writing and everything else.

A spoilery rundown of the characters:
Ananke— the woman who gives the gods their powers, and one we’re trying to find in volume one. Former god. Kind and caring to Minerva, at least. BUT WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO IN THAT ENDING.
David
Agata
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
That ending. WOW!

Update: It has now been more than 12 hours since I finished this graphic novel and I'm still shocked about the ending.
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

I must say, I am really enjoying this series! The Wicked + The Divine, Vol.2: Fandemonium, picks up soon after where we left of after the first volume. Things have picked up and the story has definitely become more intense.

Laura is still on a mission to discover who is behind the tragic events that occurred within the first volume and a few of the gods now seem more willing to help her out.

A few more characters/gods are introduced and while I worried that I wouldn’t be able to keep track of them
Sam Quixote
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
In this weak second volume of The Wicked + The Divine, superfan Laura and journalist Cassandra investigate Luci’s would-be assassins and uncover the “dark heart of fandom”; Baphomet discovers that death gods can kill other gods and steal their life force, extending their own time beyond the 2 years they’re given; and The Pantheon is complete as the final gods appear.

Kieron Gillen’s story for this book is incredibly thin. I’m not really sure why it’s important for Laura and Cassandra to find out
Connor
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
What the hell!? It can't end like that!! Where is the third volume? I need it.
Neil (or bleed)
Edit: Re-read. May 19, 2018

I think I understand this volume better now.

------------------

August 25, 2016

THAT ENDING!
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
That ending. What. I am NOT okay.
Tess
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Warning: the end will blow your mind. Literally. When you get there, come find me, we can form a support group.

I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you..... *sigh*

2015; the year that Karly falls for graphic novel characters. It all began with Marko in Saga, Volume 1 (How could I help it?? He's just so adorable...) and then there was Archer, and now, Inanna....

YES, you!

Anyways, this one was a little weirder and more convoluted than the first. And once again, while I enjoyed the story, it's the art that really stole the show for me.

Dammit, Inanna, stop it.... let me think ;)

Moving on. This story is a very
rachel ☾
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
#1 The Wicked + the Divine: The Faust Act
#2 The Wicked + the Divine: Fandemonium

if i thought the first book was slightly confusing, this left me completely bewildered
Kaitlin
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-sff-faves
I read this as part of the Booktubeathon 2015 and I was very, very excited to get to this! I have been looking forward to reading this since finishing up Volume 1 and the ending of Volume 1 made me highly excited for this. I am happy to say that this book certainly didn't disappoint me. I adored both the story and the artwork once again, and I certainly cannot wait for Volume 3 (which I know will be a while!).

In this book we are continuing exactly where we left off with the hunt for who
Jeannette Nikolova
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

Ughhh... I'm angry. So much potential and still not delivering. And that makes it so confusing.

Let's do this the old-fashioned way. I will dissect it in several parts and tell you what was good and what was not or failed to improve.

The art is still magnificent. I swear I could continue reading this just for the art. I have so much love for the artist. I will give you this sample and write no more.

wicdiv-1234

Ugh.

But. The story did not move an inch. The only
Marianna Neal
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The first half of this volume had its ups and downs, but the second half... OH MAN, does it make up for any shortcomings. Honestly, I can't even review this right now because I can't get over what this volume just put me through. I'm actually glad I was behind on this series because with THAT ending I don't know how I could have waited for volume 3 to come out, and now I can just dive right back in. Oh, and in case you're wondering the art is as stunning as ever.
Lotte
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this even more than the first volume! Such a cool series!
Sesana
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
In it second volume, The Wicked and the Divine remains incredibly, intensely beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, the story in this volume was kind of weak. The mystery of who murdered Luci should be rather more interesting than it is. But the characters themselves find their interest waxing and waning. It isn't until the last issue in this collection that things start to pick up. I still really like this series, and not just for the art and gloriously glam rock character designs. I very much ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page number 5 17 Oct 18, 2019 08:05PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #20 The Wicked + The Divine vol 2 by Kieron Gillen 1 3 Feb 06, 2016 01:59PM

• The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (Rat Queens, #2)
  • Saga, Vol. 5
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 2
  • Saga, Vol. 3
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Saga, Vol. 4
  • Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine (Bitch Planet Collected Editions, #1)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 1
  • Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)
  • Monstress, Vol. 3: Haven
Kieron Gillen is a comic book writer and former media journalist.

The Wicked + The Divine (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • The Faust Act (The Wicked + The Divine #1)
  • Commercial Suicide (The Wicked + The Divine #3)
  • Rising Action (The Wicked + The Divine #4)
  • Imperial Phase, Part I (The Wicked + The Divine #5)
  • Imperial Phase, Part II (The Wicked + The Divine #6)
  • Mothering Invention (The Wicked + The Divine #7)
  • Old Is the New New (The Wicked + The Divine #8)
  • "Okay" (The Wicked + The Divine #9)
“All I get is calluses? They'll be the best calluses in the world.” 0 likes