Start by marking “The Heir Apparent (The Internment Chronicles, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Heir Apparent (The Internment Chronicles, #2.5)

The Heir Apparent

(The Internment Chronicles #2.5)

Rise back up to the floating city of Internment in this original enovella, a dark look at life in the royal family after the events of Perfect Ruin.

When King Furlow begins to treat Prince Azure as the heir apparent that he is, he takes him to see the “re-education camps” for wrong-thinkers. But as he enters the camps ,Azure discovers the dark underbelly of the kingdom—and
Published April 7th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Heir Apparent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir Apparent

Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
This was just a small novella that takes place when Azure and Celeste are children. The king takes him to see a camp that he sends some of the undesirables. There really wasn't any new information, with the exception of seeing a few things from Azure's POV. It was an okay read, very quick, but probably unnecessary.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
An Internment Chronicles Novella- Book 2.5.... I posted recently about how I was very dissapointed with the first novella in this series, No Intention of Dying. It was very, very short, listed at 14 pages but less then 8 on my device and it didn't contain any additional information about the character, Daphne, that wasn't already told in the series. Basically it wasn't worth the $1.99.

Which brings me to The Heir Apparent. It is the second novella in this series which I had purchased at the same
Sugarrr
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
IT was very Short, I really wouldnt Even Call this a Short Story.
Jenny Clark
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty well written, though a bit short. It does not add much to the series, but it does show a bit more of the crown prince.
Ann Salmon
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Too short
Jacquelyn
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Again, without having read the novels of the series, I can only review this as a stand-alone short story from that world, and on that basis, I really liked it. It's OK that I didn't understand exactly what's happening, because I know it's fantasy, and it's from the point of view of a 12-year-old and even without the fantasy element, 12-year-olds wouldn't know everything anyway. I like that Azure is empathetic and Celeste is headstrong, and they seem to have more substance than just a gender-trai ...more
Jennifer Lynn
I reread this in hopes of remembering why I rated it only a two when I enjoyed the trilogy. The thing about this novella is that it is the size of a chapter so calling it a novella seems like a joke. Also, a novella is supposed to help delve deeper into a character and give insight into things glossed over in the books, all this does is show us exactly what the books have already revealed and lacks depth into the situation and the characters themselves.
Kyrie
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopia
I'm not sure whether I'd recommend reading it before Burning Kingdoms or after.

If you read it before, it takes away one surprise from the novel, but then, maybe it would make some things clearer.

Either way, it's not necessary to read it to appreciate the longer tale.
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Much too short!!!
D'Arcy Rowe
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a good glimpse into Prince Azure's soul. I am excited to read the third book in the series.
Louisa
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this short story of Prince Azure being shown the attraction camps, that if his father knew about him, that he would be there, maybe. Another great short story in this series!
Andrea Wright
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting

Just a short chapter but it will make you look at the royalty different than what the full first book gives you.
Marylou
Azure, Celeste's brother is learning some secrets of his kingdom in this brief novella.
Angela
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This was entirely too short.
Cyber
Jan 18, 2016
Jacqui
Jan 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5)
  • Unleashed (Unremembered, #2.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • The Book of Shhh
  • Portrait of a Donor (Starters, #1.75)
  • The Raid (The Eden Trilogy, #0.6)
  • Queen of Ashes (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.6)
  • Regret (Possession, #1.5)
  • Opalescent (Harmony Run #2)
  • Shadows (Hex, #2)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • The Future Collection
  • The Girl in the Gray Sweatshirt (Immortal Game, #0.5)
  • Bright Thrones (Court of Fives, #2.5)
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)

The Internment Chronicles (3 books)
  • Perfect Ruin (The Internment Chronicles, #1)
  • Burning Kingdoms (The Internment Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)