Start by marking “Enchant (Eagle Elite, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Enchant (Eagle Elite, #0.5)

Enchant

(Eagle Elite 0.5)

Stand Alone Prequel to the Eagle Elite Series

In the mafia...only the strong survive.
Joyce loves Luca.
Luca loves Joyce.
Frank loves his family and will do anything to protect it, even if it means taking away his brothers reason for existing.
Falling, only takes one step, one movement of the chess piece, and in Joyce's fall she took more than just one heart with her. Go b
Published January 22nd 2015 by Rachel Van Dyken

To ask other readers questions about Enchant, please sign up.
Sarah - Books to Breathe I'm binge reading this series myself for the first time and I keep referencing back to her website. Here's the proposed reading order (which BTW is…moreI'm binge reading this series myself for the first time and I keep referencing back to her website. Here's the proposed reading order (which BTW is not the listed order on GR). I'm more than halfway through and her way makes more sense.

The Elite Series
Elite
Elect
Entice
Elicit
Bang-Bang (novella)
Enforce (Elite from the guys POV)
Enchant (Series Prequel)
Enamor (in the back of Elicit)
Evoke (on Wattpad takes place after Elect)
Ember
Elude
Empire (January 2016)(less)

Cristina
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This short novella is a must read for all you Eagle Elite fans out there!

This doesn't happen very often but this story left me in tears and reminded me that life isn't always fair.

description

This is the story of two brothers, Franck and Luca, and the woman they both love but only one of them gets to keep forever.

description

She wants one of them but life has another plan for him. The other one wants her but knows her heart is going to be hard to get.

In the end which one will get to keep her forever and save her life?
Deborah
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it

I really enjoyed this short. A true story of lies, deceit, love and betrayal.

So it’s onto Elite for me now.
Bj
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Star-Crossed Patriarchs" Stars for the story and narration!

This title is presently available for free on Audible's Romance Channel! Having fallen in love with books 1 and 2 last year (which were published by Hachette Audio), I had been hoping that the rest of this series would be recorded on audio. Thankfully Blackstone Audio has answered my call with this prequel series novella and books 3, 4 and 7. Hopefully the rest will be shortly forthcoming!

For lovers of the Elite Eagle Series, a fan
Oct 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ehm. I didn't understand the point of it? I probably should've read the other books in the series before reading this? Doesn't really matter though I guess, it's a one-star rating or me.
Alexandra
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Finally starting this series! And I'm still sobbing over my mp3 after reading this!
Valentina "TinchyB"
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love mobsters. Amen!
bookmarkbelles
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Kim  Brewing
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Not really sure how to rate this...it said #0.5 but I think I should have read book 1 first. I think I'm going to go with 3 (which means I liked it) but I feel like I missed something.
Gina *loves sunshine*
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, ebook, novella, series
Another little Novella to add to the Eagle Elite series. GR has this marked as book .05, the prequel to this series - but was obviously written after the author started the series - so really it's backstory. It's not really a book setting up the series in my opinion.

I am reading this about half way through the series, I think at the authors recommended reading spot, maybe at 4.5?? Which I don't think was the most beneficial. It would have been nice to have this backstory earlier on, before Luca
Candy
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Wow! This was a short story but it really packed a punch. I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I loved getting a peek into Luca, Joyce and Frank's past and reading about where it all began.

Then again, hate only breeds more hate, more anger, and in the end, I was gifted with a beautiful family, a beautiful life, would I take it all back?
Some days yes.
Some days no.
Jackie Lane
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time remembering who the case of characters was and I wish I could have read the books in the current order, but I started the series well before the novellas were added in.

For such a short novella, this one certainly packed a punch.

I was upset at how things played out, but as I looked back, I remembered how much I love Frank in future book and can see how this jaded Luca for future books.

4 stars
Robin Powers
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I would have enjoyed this story more if I had read it after I read Elite. But it's interesting background to what I'm currently reading. I can tell already that I'm going to love this series. Mafia, mean rich kids and spunky farm girl...oh my!
Selipperydickdip
Some how I think that I'm gonna regret reading this series ... but how could I not ...so far I'm too far gone not to read it.
Courtenay Bennett
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poor Luca 💔 still another awesome piece of the puzzle!!
Becca
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars - Enchant is a quick novella that serves as a prequel to the Eagle Elite series. This story was all consuming, making reading the series an absolute must. Rachel Van Dyken has me so intrigued by her thrilling mafia world that I didn’t hesitate to dive into the story and connect with the characters. While short, Enchant is straight to the point, examining the beginning of the mafia war to follow. The names Alfero, Nicolasi, and Abandantos are thrown around for the first time, as we lear ...more
Heather
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For those of you that want to know more of the love between Joyce and Luca, then grab this novella. You will see how Luca and Joyce's love effected her marriage to Frank and what Frank did knowing that his wife was in love with his brother. Sometimes LOVE makes us do crazy things... It always allows us to look the other way sometimes. This is a great novella to show us a different side of Frank that we never see. Could he have a heart after all???
Jodie Lauren
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
How it began with Traces grandparents Joyce and frank. Joyce loved franks brother Luca but was told he was killed, to be safe she reluctantly agreed to marry Frank.

But secrets come out and frank was not as innocent as he seemed. Even if he thought he was doing it for the right reasons

Xx
Darcy
I liked this one, but I had a hard time remembering who was who. I felt sorry for Janet and Luca, both were played. I was a bit surprised that Janet was able to forgive Frank and make a life with him. I'm not sure that I could have.
Lindsay
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eeeee! I know this was a short teaser into the series but I'm so glad I read it. I really think the info will be good to have as I get deeper into it. Loved it!
Saunders
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
and so the story begins.....onto book 1.
Jaime
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read previously forgot to rate...smh
Lexi Divan
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is associated with the letter Nixon read about Joyce and Luca and Frank. She loves Luca and he loves her but Frank vowed to make Luca the new leader so that he would not suffer. They all end up suffering heartbreak in the end, but Luca becomes one of the most ruthless leaders known. Well now I know what happened because I was so lost in the first book about Trace. Joyce resents Frank but based on the situation she understands what has to be done. Frank seems really cold compared to when he ...more
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when two brothers fall in love with the same woman? A whole lot of drama begins for the two patriarchs of the family. One brother loves the girl and the girl loves him but to the other brother is willing to take the girl to make his brother into the man he needs to be for the family. Which brother will end up with the girl?

This was a Novella that packed a punch and left tears in my eyes. I enjoyed seeing what happened in the beginning and get more back ground on Luca, Frank and Joyc
Crissy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audible version of this story and I enjoyed it a lot. This prequel was full of suspense and betrayal. I enjoyed Joyce and Luca and I hated how Frank went about things, but I can understand how much power promises have when it comes to a mafia family. It was a huge betrayal but it was done out of love in a twisted way. This prequel definitely leaves me wanting more of this series.
Maggie Perez De Molina
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories that give a little background on side characters and this one is no exception. A quick tease on Trace's grandparents, this story is just as tragic as the other couples in this series. You don't need to read it but it gives context to Frank and Joyce, Trace's grandparents. Give it a go!
Colleen Moyer
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh these mafia men!!!!

Read this boom several tomes and realized I never left a review. Love everything about these mafia men and their families. To read the history of Joyce, Frank and Luca - my heart breaks all over again for them. Enjoy these chapters but don’t stop there - there is so much more to learn!!!!
Sandra
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deceptions...

"Enchant" is the precursor to the "Eagle Elite" series. Frank was given a task and swore on his father's deathbed to fulfill it. He set everyone up like dominoes and played poor Luca and Joyce like a set of base fiddles! He in no way resembled grandfatherly Frank from the first novel!
Lynn
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just found the Eagle Elite series. I 1-clicked them all. Even though this is a short read, well worth it. I am about to start book 1. This short book has me anxious to read book 1. And the fact that Rachel Van Dyken is one of my favorite authors. I can not wait to see what this series brings! It is a mafia romance, and this short one was good I know the rest is going to be even better.
Lisa
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!

I had no idea! How could he do that? It takes a real woman to be able to forgive a man for doing what he did. In the end I suppose he made up for what he did. Damon you Rachel for bursting my bubble about him. Lol
Leah
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was short but eye-opening at the same time. This story about how the whole feud started. I found that this story puts everything else in perspective. The story focus on the older generation. this story is the missing pages from the diary. I would recommend reading this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ride a Painted Pony
  • The Filthy Few (Iron Disciples MC #1)
  • Leander (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Love and Decay 2, Episode Four (Love and Decay 2, #4)
  • The War of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #3)
  • Aces MC Series Complete Box Set (The Aces, #1-4)
  • Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger, #1.5)
  • Catching a Fallen Starr
  • Color Blind (Team Red, #2)
  • Bray (Boys South of the Mason Dixon, #2)
  • Impulsively (Dante's Nine MC, #3)
  • Rocked in the Dark (Rocked, #7)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • Inside Danger (Outside the Ropes, #2)
  • Victory Run 1 (The Story of Victory Payne, #1)
  • Enchanting the King (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #1)
  • The 2015 R.L. Mathewson Chronicles Collection
  • State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Eagle Elite (9 books)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Entice (Eagle Elite, #3)
  • Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
  • Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite, #8)
  • Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)