Start by marking “The Countess' Captive” as Want to Read:
The Countess' Captive

Read Book* *Different edition

The Countess' Captive

During March of 1248, Adelaide Schumacher-affectionately called Snow White-has lost so much: her mother, her possessions, and now her home.

Adelaide hates abandoning her home city, her family’s legacy, and her first love-Ivo. More than anything, she hates her father growing closer to her mother’s cousin-Galadriel. Adelaide plots to end their tryst before her fate is sealed,
Published February 14th 2015 by Scarlet Primrose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Countess' Captive, please sign up.
Andrea Cefalo Yes. I liked the name Galadriel, and it suited the character for me. I think most people can get over two characters sharing a name or a character…moreYes. I liked the name Galadriel, and it suited the character for me. I think most people can get over two characters sharing a name or a character having a name they don't particularly like. I hated the name Bella, but I still enjoyed Twilight. (less)

Cheryl
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought this was a nice follow up book from the first, The Fairytale Keeper. I like this series. The way the author has approached this series is creative. In this book, Adelaide has really grown up and matured. She is a strong woman. I thought the way she handled Galadriel was great. I myself was not that fond of Galadriel. Although she was also another strong, intelligent woman. Galadriel and Adelaide were eventually matched in wits. Which they were the only ones that I found held the story ...more
Lauralee
In this highly anticipated sequel to The Fairytale Keeper, the story picks up right where the previous book left off. Adelaide is leaving Cologne and is forced go to Bitsch, where Galadriel, her mother’s cousin, rules as Countess. Desperate to save her love, Ivo, Adelaide is forced to comply with Galadriel's demands. However, she soon realises that she may never return to Cologne, and that her father may marry Galadriel, whom she so despises. Adelaide vows to do whatever she can to prevent the w ...more
Stephanie
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Countess' Captive picks up right after The Fairytale Keeper leaves off. Adelaide, her father and her mother's cousin, Galadriel are abandoning their home in Cologne after their home was destroyed. Adelaide would much rather stay in Cologne with her betrothed, Ivo and become a hard working like her father. Instead, the trio just barely escapes town on their way to Galadriel’s castle in Bitsch. With her life turned upside down, Addy must now pretend that she is the daughter of a rich merchant ...more
Kathryn Svendsen
Book 2 in The Fairy Tale Keepers Series, The Countess' Captive continues the story of Adelaide, her father, and Galadriel (once known as Cinderella). Adelaide, who also has the nickname Snow White, given to her by her mother as Adelaide's hair is black as a raven's and her skin is fair as can be, is leaving Cologne with her father and Galadriel against her wishes and heading to Bitsch, Galadriel's home, where Galadriel is a countess.

With her husband dead less than a year, Galadriel weds Adelaide
Andrea Guy
I read The Fairytale Keeper last year and I loved it. I wish I had a chance to re-read it before jumping into The Countess' Captaive, because it took me awhile to get back into the story.

So for anyone that might be considering this one, you definitely should read The Fairytale Keeper first. It will make your reading experience much easier.

It was good to see growth in the characters. Adelaide is really becoming a strong woman and you really come to love her in this book, butt you will probably wa
Debbie
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another win for author Andrea Cefalo! She has taken the fairy tale Cinderella in this second installment and weaved in her well done changes with exciting details and well developed characters.

We start off right where we left off, with Adelaide and her father leaving Colgne. Adelaide is trying everything she can to change her father's mind because she thinks this is the worst possible thing that her father can do. Imagine your mother dying and only one month later your father is involve
Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
Downloaded for free during an Amazon promotion, The Countess' Captive is the second novel in the Fairytale Keeper series by Andrea Cefalo.

I read and reviewed the first in the series (The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen) and I was keen to find out what would happen when Adelaide was forced to leave her home town together with her father, and move in with her new step-mother.

An historical fairytale re-telling of sorts, The Countess' Captive was a very pleasant and entertaining read, and altho
A Leisure Moment
description

Just in case you missed the first installment of this fairytale series, you must back it up and check it out first. Thankfully, I was recently introduced to Adelaide, our Snow white. In this retelling, The Countess’ Captive, book Two in the fairytale Keeper Series, her story continues.

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/04...
Ken
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The follow up to The Fairytale Keeper is brilliant. If you are familiar with the first book in this series, you need to read The Countess' Captive. You'll gain respect for a few of the continuing characters and a slew of new comers. However, if you have a heart in your chest, you will learn the meaning of hatred and disgust for a return character and some of that character's friends. Compassion is hurled into the wind in this edition of what promises to be a classic.
Shelleen Toland
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and quick read. The Countess' Captive picks up right after The Fairytale Keeper leaves off. Adelaide, her father and her mother's cousin, Galadriel are abandoning their home in Cologne after their home was destroyed. Adelaide has to give up everything to be with her dad and Galadriel. I do not like Galadriel and further in the book can not stand Lady Johanna.
Corrye
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: br2015
Another excellent installment in The Fairytale Keeper series. Cefalo weaves history, fairytales, and intrigue with equal aplomb. Adelaide is the strong female protagonist young girls today need. Great book! Can't wait for The Baseborn Lady!
Frances Fowlkes
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, ya
Ms. Cefalo immerses the reader into the historically rich origin of our favorite fairytales. Intricately researched and well written, a young medieval girl's world comes to life on the pages. A great historical read. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Kate
Jul 24, 2015
Autumn Morales
Jan 25, 2016
Andrea Cefalo
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Debra
May 25, 2015
Laurel Harnisch
Dec 30, 2015
Polkadot
rated it did not like it
Sep 02, 2017
Isabel
Oct 31, 2017
Brianna
rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2017
  • Blackwood Crossing (British Agent, #2)
  • Roan Rose
  • A Light of Her Own
  • In the Shadow of the Storm (The King's Greatest Enemy #1)
  • The Stuart Vampire
  • Madame Presidentess
  • The Shadow Princess
  • Prisoner of the Queen (Tales From the Tudor Court #2)
  • The Nine Fold Heaven
  • Thwarted Queen (Thwarted Queen Book 3)
  • Bianca's Vineyard
  • The Dry
  • The Queen's Rivals
  • Sugar Plum (Damselfly Series, #0.5)
  • The Starlight Club
  • Captured by Moonlight (Twilight of the British Raj, #2)
  • Lies (The Geneva Project, #3)
  • Dragon Wife (Dragon Clan #1)
Andrea Cefalo is a bit of a roamer, growing up in New Hampshire, Maryland, and South Carolina, though the bulk of her family lives in Maine. She dreamed of a career in art restoration, but somehow ended up becoming a grade school teacher before realizing she really wanted to be a writer. She taught for three years and then decided to finish The Fairytale Keeper series and pursue her new found ambi ...more