Start by marking “Terminator Omnibus Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Terminator Omnibus Volume 1

Terminator Omnibus Volume 1 (The Terminator Omnibus #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  145 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
They came from another time to ensure that the future would belong solely to the machines. They are Terminatorsindestructible killing engines hiding inside shells of flesh and blood. Tireless, fearless, merciless, unencumbered by human emotion, dedicated to the complete eradication of mankind. But despite the frailty of human flesh, nothing is as immortal as the human spir ...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Dark Horse Books (first published February 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Terminator Omnibus Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terminator Omnibus Volume 1

Quentin Wallace
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Back in the early 90s no one did movie comics like Dark Horse. This series does show its age a little, but overall its a cool continuation of the Terminator franchise. (In most cases, these comics were much better than the movies that came after T2 to be honest.)

Good stories with really good art. If you are a Terminator fan, pick this up.

And for the record, I love the Dark Horse Omnibus editions, and the way comic companies are doing the large collections in general. It's nice to get a lot of r
Kathryn
I am a fan of the Terminator movies but it seems not so much of the comic run. I liked the art of the second story and that's about it. The panels were generic. If someone was naked (this is the Terminator universe afterall, what with the timetravel running amok), then the muscles were exagerrated way too much. All undercover Terminator agents stuck out like sore thumbs instead of blending in since they appear as massively muscled body builders, even the females. That makes sense, right?

Dudley (
Matt Garcia
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun collection that takes the ideas from the original film and expands upon them a bit. Artwork was great and the story lines were above average. A worthwhile read for Terminator fans.
Dakota Shively
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm a big fan of the Terminator series, and I really, REALLY wanted to like this series. Unfortunately, I was just extremely disconnected to it and couldn't find any way to get into it.

The characters are very bland, and we get almost no connection to them. The continuing plot line for Mary (had to go back and look her name up because it was so forgettable) and the gang doesn't really allow for character development.

The "going back in time to change the future" plot-line for the series has been
David
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I was going to start this by typing out the heavy-bass Terminator intro music, then realised I couldn't quite get it to sound right!

This is a collection of stories released early 90's, after Terminator 2 but before any of the newer entries in the franchise (T3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: Salvation or Terminator: Genisys), so do show their age a bit.

They all also pretty much follow the same template - a group from the future sent back in time, with Terminator's following or already having
Daniel Clark
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun collection that expands on some themes of the original 2 movies. Also interesting that some of these ideas are explored in later movies. I love all things Terminator so this was great.
Stephen Theaker
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book came out at just the right time - I finally watched T3 last year, and found out it wasn't half as bad as I'd feared, and then this year watched and adored the Terminator tv series, which finished all too soon as a result of the writers' strike. Luckily this collection of Terminator comics from the early nineties is available to step into the breach. The weird thing is, almost everything that's in the tv series turns up in here too, from human hit squads going after Cyberdyne people to ...more
Dann
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
From Dark Horse comes The Terminator: Omnibus – Volume 1, a collection of 4 graphic novels. Three of the books, Tempest, Secondary Objectives, and The Enemy Within, follow a human resistance group that’s sent back in time to 1990 to stop the head of Cyberdyne Systems, Bertram Hollister, from developing Skynet; but a team of Terminators follow suit and attempt to protect Hollister and assure his continued research. The last book, One Shot, is a companion to the first film, in which a second Termi ...more
Aravind Sesagiri Raamkumar
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: darkhorse
Dark horse comics is literally the dark horse. The quality is quite good for a publication which extends popular sci-fi movies to the comics world. I didn't expect this volume to be as good as it was while reading. The writing in all the chapters is filled with suspense, action and a non-linear narration going back to past and future. The dread associated to the terminators is there in each page and it was a fun read.
Ben Guilfoy
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Solid stories here, even if it gets highly repetitive. But since the "Terminator" movies themselves seem content to just do the same thing over and over again every time, why not in the comics? The artwork is up and down in this collection, but a good chunk of it is, like the writing, solid. I was never bored reading it.
Robert Morganbesser
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it
While Dark Horse went on to do some great Star Wars Stories, the Terminator started out good and went down hill from there. Some of the stories ignore established continuity (I don't believe there were more than one time displacement unit), others are either poorly drawn or written. The first arc is the best. DH's Predator series was better.
Graham Taylor
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to read these comics

I used to read these comics

I used to go downtown to the comic shop and buy these.

it's what I remember from my childhood, so that's cool.

Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
If all you have ever know about the Terminator storyline is the movies then read this. There is so much more to discover about the war with the machines. Fantastic storyline and characters. Highly recommended
Athena Ninlil
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read for every Terminator fan.
J.
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Entertaining stories set in the Terminator universe. None of them stand out significantly, but they are certainly entertaining, and after finishing them, I wanted to read more of them.
Tyson Adams
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
I think this comic collection can best be described by the word MEH.
Jose
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
skynet
Hannah Givens
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, sci-fi
Four sequential stories based on the first movie. Competent and worth reading, but only as a bonus for fans -- it doesn't really add anything, and if it was canon it'd be needlessly confusing.
Pete
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read if you like The Terminator movies. I believe these were written not long after the first movie, and plot elements of the sequels are clearly evident int these stories.
Brandon Kinsey
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2
  • Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Torchwood: The Sin Eaters
  • Serenity Found: More Unauthorized Essays on Joss Whedon's Firefly Universe
  • Firefly: The Official Companion Volume Two (Firefly the Official Companion, #2)
  • Aliens Omnibus, Vol. 3
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
  • Aliens Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1
  • Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus, Vol. 2
James Robinson is a British writer, best known for his work in comic books and screenplays. He is well-known for his encyclopedic knowledge of comic book continuity, especially regarding the Golden Age of comic books. His earliest comic book work came in the late 1980s, but he became best known for his revitalization of the character Starman for DC comics in the 1990s. In addition, he has written ...more
More about James Robinson...

The Terminator Omnibus (2 books)
  • Terminator Omnibus Volume 2