Start by marking “Highland Knight (Ghosts #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Knight (Ghosts #3)

Highland Knight

(Ghosts #3)

Bestselling mystery novelist Amelia Landry journeys to the Scottish Highlands to stay in a remote 14th-century tower, hoping to re-awaken her imagination. She finds the inspiration she seeks in the ghostly form of Laird Ethan Munro, who has spent six centuries trying to discover why he is neither alive nor dead.

Ethan senses that Amelia may be the one he has been waiting f
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet (first published June 1st 2008)

Start your review of Highland Knight (Ghosts #3)
Kari Kaz
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very sweet romance between a modern day girl, Amelia Landry, and a cursed highland laird, Ethan Munro.

Amelia meets Ethan in a haunted tower in Scotland, where he has been residing with 5 other highlanders since the 14th century. Ethan and his clan buddies were cursed during a battle and are now living a ghostly existence caught between two worlds, not alive but not dead either. They can be seen and heard, but they only have substance one hour a day during dusk, and they cannot leave Munro lan
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
I read Cindy Miles first two books "Into Thin Air" and "Spirited Away" and enjoyed them both. I was looking forward to "Highland Knight" and was definately not disappointed. Her books are about ghosts...ghosts looking for a way to no longer be ghosts. Her heroines are kickbutt! No wimpy whiners here and I like that. There's also a ton of humor in these books, and romance plus well-done humor is always a winner for me.

Amelia is an author who has hit a block. She also enjoys the spooky side of lif
Amanda
Mar 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Book #9 of 2009
These last two books have been such quick and easy reads that it feels a bit like cheating. Anyway, I craved romance and missed the library book sale, so I went looking for one to borrow. This was OK, a pretty fun read, even if there were glaring errors, gaping holes, plot lines started that never went anywhere, a lack of sex (I mean, come on! I thought that's what romances were for) and extremely repetitve descritptions of the two Main Characters physical traits. I mean, I get it
Genieinachanelbottle
Gorgeous Ghostly Highlanders My little bookworm heart was set ablaze! After reading Forevermore I was totally hooked and couldn't get my hands on Highland Knight fast enough Cindy Miles books are dangerously addictive! I fell head over heels in love with Amelia & Ethan the chemistry between them is absolutely sizzling! Highland Knight has everything I love in a paranormal romance mystery forbidden love mischief lol funny humor a Sassy kickass heroine and Tall dark N drop dead sexy hero with a Sc ...more
Susan
Unfortunately, the summary sounded more interesting than the actual story. Got to about the 100 page mark and it just didn't hold my interest. Situations were interesting enough, but the telling was just...blah...
Pamela(AllHoney)
A cute, charming and funny read. I will have to go hunt up some more by this author.
Jessica
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I couldn't finish this one:( I really enjoyed the first book I read by this author, Into Thin Air, but this one was so just darn repetitive. I wanted to love it, I really did...but I just couldn't.
Jenn : Godzilla is King
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Second time I read this book and I love it even more this time around
Paranormal Romance
Plagued by writers block, the heroine assistant books her a 3 month stay a reportedly haunted Scottish castle and the heroine, who loves anything scary or creepy, is super excited. Hopefully this will be the means to get her juices flowing again after her breakup with her ex fiancé which left her stuck and unable to put anything worth anything on paper. Upon arrival, she is confronted by the beautiful but secluded property and... she immediately encounters an actual ghost! Scared out her wits, i ...more
Sandy
Jennifer Watson
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
Definitely not my favorite romance I've ever read. It wasn't terrible though, and I did choose it for my bad YA book club this month. (We are doing romance novels). The plot was a little hard to believe, and I had a hard time caring about the mystery...maybe concentrating more on that would have made it more believable. Of course, this was a book about an impossible love situation and it was far better than some I've read, like Twilight.
Amy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful read. VERY hard to put down. I was hooked from the first page. The camaraderie between the Highland Knights and Amelia were some of the best parts of the book for me! Then you add in the quirky personality of our heroine, Amelia, her great sense of humor, a very well told mystery, and hunky Ethan, and well...you've got one heck of a great romance book!

I'm off to read the other ones now, thanks Cindy Miles!
Natasja
Aug 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Amelia Landry is a writer, but after the break-up with her boyfriend, she lost her inspiration and it seems she isn’t able to get it back. But Amelia’s best friend helps her out and gives her ticket to Scotland, where Amelia will be staying at the 14th century Munro Keep, hoping it will give her back the inspiration to finish a book in time.

Strange things happens at the Munro Keep and Amelia is about to find out what exactly. She meets this sexy highlander Ethan Munro, an ancient Celtic warrior,
Courtney
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2008
Amelia Landry is a mystery writer in a funk. To get her out of said funk, her best friend/publicist arranges for Amelia to spend the summer in a tower house in the highlands of Scotland.

Ethan Munro and his five kinsmen are not-quite-dead not-quite-ghosts. Seven hundred years ago they were enchanted into a state of perpetual in-between: they can interact with each other, be seen by and interact with those who are particularly receptive, but only physically materialize during the gloaming (twiligh
Victoria
I was really looking forward to this book after finally getting to it on my reading list, and even though it fell a little flat for me, I liked it. I even plan to read more books by this author.
The reason it fell flat for me was the heroine. I could never imagine disliking a romance heroine and continuing on with the story, but I did it. Amelia was...annoying at first. She did grow on me a bit though, but overall I found her to be too squeaky. The story itself was fun and bubbly - a nice easy a
Ann Marie
May 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have absolutely loved every book I've read of Cindy Miles and this was no exception. Amelia Landry travels to Scotland to try and break a case of writers block. As a mystery writer she has little trouble excepting the fact that the castle she stays at is haunted. What takes a little longer for her to accept is that she falls in love with the Ethan, the Highlander warrior ghost in residence. What makes this better than a typical romance novel is that there is something very threatening trying t ...more
Wendy Hines
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Amelia Landry is suffering from writer's block, so her best friend rents a tower in a Scottish castle for her to seek some inspiration. What she gets is six enchanted Highland knights and some spooky ghosts. Ethan and his relatives are able to corporalize for one hour every day, and Amelia soon finds herself falling fast for the knight. They work together to try and clear the mystery of Ethan's past so that he and his relatives can break the enchantment cast on them.

Slightly entertaining charact
Spywolf
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amelia is an author who was having trouble writing a book. She stayed in her apartment, eating spray cheese and staring at a computer screen. Then her best friend, organises her a holiday to Scotland and stay at a haunted castle. It just so happens to be the home of a group of cursed highlanders. Amelia falls for the highlander's leader Ethan.

Such a sweet book and mysterious and creepy. Also quiet hilarious when the cursed men discover modern technology. I reccomed this book to anyone that loves
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
Jul 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was the first of Cindy's books I read. I finished it at 1:49 am this morning. I LOVED this book. The writing was good, I enjoyed the characters immensely. The sensual scenes only involved kissing up until the very end of the book, which I liked. I hate when sex scene after sex scene takes away from the story. This was romance! Probably the best romance I have read in quite a while.
Jill
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This had all the potential to be a really great story--instead it was just okay. There were some really good moments in there, but also some ho-hum boring ones. Somewhere in the middle, it got repetitive--I sort of felt like I was reading exactly the same thing that I had in the previous chapter, just told a little differently. Can't decide if I should try another one of hers or not--I like the way she does the ghost/time travel aspect.
Andrea
May 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
I picked this one up because I loved Into Thin Air and Spirited Away by the same author. I expected it to be just as good and original as her previous books were, but I was quickly disappointed. Highland Knight fell flat and, although I tried, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. The way the main character acts is embarrassing to read, and the descriptions of the characters are extremely repetitive. I expected more from Cindy Miles since her last two books were so fun to read.
Meghan Lloyd
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
This is what I would call a "beach read". It's light, not very deep, and it's a fairly short book. My issue is that it paled in comparison to other books I have read. Lynn Kurland writes a similar genre of books, but the writing is much more provocative, detailed, and captures my attention better. Had I read Cindy Miles first, that might not be the case. But after reading the real deal, I don't like the imitation all that much.
Mia
Jul 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Picked it up because it sounded interesting. It was a good read but not one that I would probably go back and reread. So of the plot lines were a little predictable but still a nice easy read. If you are really into the historical time travel books, I would stick with Lynn Kurland since the history is a bit more accurate.
Nancy
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I had read one of Cindy Miles' stories in an anthology, which lead me to look for more of her books. I felt that this book was more "romantic" than many of the other romance books out there. The kind of romance that makes you smile (and sigh) as you are reading. I definitely will be reading more books by this author!
Catsalive
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

I enjoyed this light & fluffy book. I don't normally like these contemporary time travel type romances, but this one was a lot of fun & the characters were quite endearing. I think it would be hard not to like Ethan & the Munro boys, & while Amelia could be extremely annoying with her cheezwhiz addiction (urgh!), she was likeable too.
Megan Sayers
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book because it was a sort of prequel to another book called forevermore by Cindy miles and it seemed like such a interesting story just from reading forevermore. I had to read it. This story met my expectations and gave me a paranormal romance that's mystery I just had to solve. Very good and would totally recommend it.
Brenda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book, especially if you like medieval Scottish warriors. It felt at times like the search to find a cure for their enchantment was a bit slow, and sometimes forgotten. But in the end it all worked out. For those who prefer their romance not to be cluttered with a lot of sex scenes, Amelia sticks by her guns in not allowing any nookie before the wedding.
Cindy
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I absolutly love Cindy Miles books. They have a bit of everything; romance, time travel, Scotland and ghosts. How much better can they be? All of her books are quick, fun reads. This one had nothing to do with the original bunch of people but still it was great.
Angela
Apr 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book (I was judging the cover....) I am not a big fan of really romantic books. I usually like scarier books (with some romance thrown in...) But I really did like this book. It really wasn't what I was expecting. It is a light read.
Bradley
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Story was all right. I just really did not find it enjoyable. A good story has trouble, but this tale was too happy. I know. I know. Romance is about happy. =) This one just did not do it for me. Others will feel different I am sure. Too light hearted. =)
Cindy Miles-where is she? 1 1 Jun 04, 2018 02:40PM

• Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1)
  • Highlander in her Bed (Highlander, #1)
  • Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
  • Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Outmatched
  • Chicago Heat: Spiel auf Herz und Tod
  • To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2)
  • Beach Read
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5)
  • Dream Again (Again, #5)
  • Soul of a Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #3)
  • Heart Beat
Cindy Miles is the best-selling author of twelve novels, one anthology and three short stories. She also writes as Elle Jasper, and grew up on the salt marshes of the Vernon River in Savannah, Georgia.

Ghosts (3 books)
  • Spirited Away (Ghosts #1)
  • Into Thin Air (Ghosts #2)

News & Interviews