Start by marking “When Magic Dares (Darkly Fae, #2)” as Want to Read:
When Magic Dares (Darkly Fae, #2)

When Magic Dares (Darkly Fae #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When magic dares, anything is possible.

Young, beautiful, and royal, Princess Arianne of the Deachair should be the most envied fae in all the realms. But tragedy stole a carefree life from her. Thrust into the role of ruler as a girl, she has spent the last decade struggling to keep her people safe at any cost. With her magic weakened by a devastating curse, strength, will
ebook
Published March 2nd 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about When Magic Dares, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Magic Dares

Colette
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So lucky to have beta read this book! It's amazing! This book shocked me, in a good way. I fell in love with the characters more every page, and their adventure kept me intrigued throughout the entire novella. Overall 5/5 stars; read this book ASAP!
Azbaqiyah
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story continue right from the first book with different pair of POV. The storyline are also related with with each of the characters and the plot are getting darker from the first book.

The only tiny problem is the ending...it was way unpredictable and it's a cliffhanger...
Carrie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Once Upon A Dream Books

*I was lucky enough to be able to beta read this for Tera Lynn Childs.*

I must admit when I first started reading When Magic Dares I wasn’t expecting to jump to two new POV characters. When the first novella ended, all of Winnie and Cathair’s problems weren’t solved, but they were in a good place plotwise. Looking back, especially by the end of When Magic Dares, the change up made a lot of sense and I was glad for it.

From the very first page I
Reilly
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So thankful for the chance to beta read! This next installment had me just intrigued as the last.
Princess Arianne has been hiding the ruin of her family for years now. But the Moraine have come for a fugitive they believe the Deachair are harboring. With no other choice, Arianne gives herself over to the Moraine to help find where the traitor is really hiding. Subtly yet undeniably falling for her Moraine guard on their journey, will she be able to stay focused, and also save her people?
I lo
Yara
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful chapter. It had romance, suspense, mystery... Getting to know Tearloch and Arianne was great, but it would've been nice to have more of the previous characters like Cathair and Whinnie be more involved, especially Whinnie. Wondering if each chapter has a different romance? I'd love to see more of the main characters we've already met, what's going on with them as we meet new characters.
Holly
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite authors! I loved this novella (which of course means I wanted a longer story *sigh* such is the case with novellas for me usually), the fantasy world is cool and the characters were engaging. I did read this one before reading When Magic Sleeps though (agh hate reading out of order).
Kelsey
WOW! ^_^ I really like where Childs is going with this mini-series! Every time I read the first sentence I make sure I'm settled in for the entire ride because there's no way I'm putting it down. I love this one just as much as the first, I'm really glad I started this one, I ate up every word! <3<3<3
Samantha
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-paranormal
Another cute novella. I love that you get so much story out of so few pages. Though in this case magic played a convenient role in moving things along, cutting 3 days journeys into seconds. This one had a bit more of a cliffhanger ending so I wish it was a bit longer! Eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Melonie
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I like that more characters have been added. So far this is my favorite of the two, I really like where the story is headed. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I wish it were longer, but I enjoyed it very much!
Anya
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya

Damn. Cliffhangers.

This was an okay sequel but I would have preferred if the story was still centered around Winnie and Cathair. There were so many unfinished questions and those two has so much potential as characters.
AnnaMarie
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I definitely need more!
Sophia
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this!

I found myself absolutely loving this book I was very much note into it then the first one, can't wait to read the next!
Christina
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the world and characters the author created. I was surprised by how much I was drawn into this series. I look forward to reading more.
Abeer
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely positively LOVE this mini-series ♥♥♥♥♥
JusMe
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short fantastic read. New characters are introduced with a new adventure. Magic plays a important part in this novella. It ends with a cliffhanger, so I really hope that this story continues.
Velia
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Summer's List
  • Santa's Claws
  • Pocket Forest
  • Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1)
  • Happy Valentine's Slay (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #10.5)
  • Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Gateway to Faerie (Gateway to Faerie, #1)
  • Errant (Killer Unicorns, #0.5)
  • Essence: A Runes Novella
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Just Saving My Money
  • Sorority Pledge 1: A Devil in Disguise
  • Finned (The Merworld Water Wars, #1)
  • Jenny’s First Adventure (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #0.5)
  • Merrie Axemas
  • Girl-Nerds Like it Harder (Girl-Nerd, #1)
  • Salted Caramel (Silk Stocking Inn, #2)
Tera Lynn Childs is the RITA-award-winning and bestselling young adult author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. series, the Forgive My Fins mermaid romances, the kick-butt monster-hunting Sweet Venom trilogy, and the Darkly Fae series. She also writes the City Chicks books and is co-writing the Hero Agenda and Creative HeArts series. Her works have appeared in over a dozen languages and on mult ...more
More about Tera Lynn Childs...

Darkly Fae (5 books)
  • When Magic Sleeps (Darkly Fae, #1)
  • When Magic Burns (Darkly Fae, #3)
  • When Magic Falls (Darkly Fae, #4)
  • When Magic Wakes (Darkly Fae, #5)