Start by marking “Susceptible to Him (Risso Family 1)” as Want to Read:
Susceptible to Him (Risso Family 1)

Susceptible to Him

(Risso Family #1)

Lia Risso walked in on her fiancé and three other women on Valentine’s Day. Two celibate years later, her roommate creates a profile for Lia on a dating website—without her knowledge—and sets up a date. On Valentine’s Day.

Ryan Walsh, a self-made millionaire and libertine, refuses to commit to any one woman. Tossed from foster home to foster home as a child, Ryan is on guar
ebook
Published February 10th 2015 by Evernight Publishing (first published February 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Susceptible to Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susceptible to Him

Clare
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC received to The Booktique Blog in exchange for an honest review**

This was a lovely novella from Lynn Burke.
My only irk was that It was such a short read even for a novella that I'd finished it in less than a hour, and was left wanting a little bit more back story on the two main characters. I felt like I didn't really know them very well, which is why it didn't quite pinch my 5 stars.

However, it kept me interested, page turning and smiling throughout.

I liked all the characters and the
Elizabeth Wright
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is great start to a new series!

Lia Risso is wary of love. After catching the love of her life cheating on Valentine’s Day with THREE women, she has given up on ever finding the one and living happily ever after.

Ryan Walsh is a player. He is independently wealthy after selling his lucrative business and lives a life of complete leisure. Love and romance are not in the cards for him, but an easy hookup definitely is.

Lia’s best friend Gwen, tired of Lia’s two year mope-fest, creates an accoun
Michelle
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you want a quick read with romance and a bit of steam that will get your nether regions going, read this!

This was a great contemporary read that I finished in one day. It left me smiling for the hero and heroine.

Lia needs to move past the hurt of finding her fiance in bed with other women (plural). In her mind this is a shock, she thought she had a loving relationship. Good thing she has an awesome, albeit horny, roommate. Someone has got to push Lia back out into the dating pool after two y
Wendy
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Susceptible to Him by Lynn Burke

When Lia' s roommate gets tired of hearing her cry herself to sleep after a messy Valentine's Day breakup ... 2years ago... she takes matters into her own hands. She sets her up with an online date with tall, dark and yummy, I mean Ryan.
Lia reluctantly agrees to go and the sparks fly, fast! Neither Ryan or Lia or ready for how fast. Two people with baggage and a set up Valentine dinner-what could possibly go wrong?

This is a short read but it's piled full of roman
Kelly Fletcher
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Lynn Burke in exchange for an honest opinion and I have to say I was really surprised.

I got into this story really quickly and couldn't put it down. My only niggle and reason for not giving 5 stars is the fact, for me, it was over far too quickly. I was gutted. It's fab for a quick read (I demolished in 45 mins) but I really thought there could of been so much more to story and was a little gutted there wasn't.

I loved the interplay between Ryan and Lia but I would of lo
Kelly Moran
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lia's two years past a bad breakup from a cheating ex and Ryan's childhood was anything but ideal. Even though they were coaxed and thrown into their initial meeting, these two somewhat broken people find something in each other that has a healing quality.

This is a short, sexy little number with a lot of heat. Not much in the way of deep story-lines, but it's a novella and a series. Packed a punch for a short read too. Satisying and fun. I'd definitely read more from Burke.
Rebecca Hart
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A STELLAR 5 STAR DEBUT!!

Lia and Ryan... *sigh*

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed this RotG debut from Lynn Burke. Excellent descriptions, stellar story, and I am now anxious for more of the Risso family.

Lia Risso catches her boyfriend in a threesome, shaking her to the core. Her well meaning friend, in an effort to get Lia "back out there" signs her up for on a dating site.

This is where Ryan comes in. He, of course, is the date she plans to politely enjoy before sending the gentleman on hi
Doris O'Connor
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great start to this series. Large, noisy Italian family with drop dead gorgeous hunks? Yeah, what's not to like? This is a lovely tale of finding true love, when you least expect it. The author draws you in with her fabulous story stelling, until you feel you're right there with the characters, rooting for them. Part of Evernight's Romance on the Go series (short stories that satisfy your romance fix) this makes the perfect bedtime read to ensure you get to sleep with a soppy grin on your face. ...more
Chrissyvs
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an AMAZING short read!!! It grabbed ahold right from the start! I loved how they both were damaged but were able to get beyond that and be with each other. Lia & Ryan were so hot together, I really couldn't get enough of them. This was one story I was sorry to see end!!LOL I WANT MORE Lia & Ryan!!! :D
This is a great start to what I know will be an AMAZING series!! I can't wait to read more from Lynn, she is very talented & I'm very grateful that I was given an ARC & was
London Saint James
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Romance on the Go. Great start to a series!
J.A. Belfield
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one. Pick it up and give it a go.
Jennifer Finn
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first book in the Risso Family Series by Lynn Burke. Two years ago on Valentine’s Day Lia Risso walked in on her fiancé having sex with three women and she’s been celibate ever since. Now it’s Valentine’s Day again and Lia just found out her roommate Gwen made a profile for her on a dating website and has excepted a date for that night. Ryan Walsh is a rich businessman who for some reason has a profile on a dating website and he’s accepted a date for that night even though it’s VD an ...more
Monsterella Reviews
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breaking up is always difficult, but walking in on the one you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with while they are in bed with 3 others now that will leave a deep wound. That is exactly what happened to Lia, she found her fiance whom she had been with since she was very young in that precarious position on Valentine's Day of all days. For two years now she has cried herself to sleep from the pain that the whole left in her heart created.

So when she walks in the door and her
Latochia Bell
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Living with a broken heart for 2 years after catching her fiance with other women, on Valentine's Day in bed together, Lia Risso has sworn off men & relationships. She surely isn't up for the blind date her best friend set her up for on Valentines Day of all days.
Ryan Walsh isn't one to build lasting attachments. He s more of the love 'em and leave 'em type of guy or that is what he shows on the surface. Being a foster child left him always wanting something more.
Now while both Lia & R
Angel Nicholas
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm tempted to rate Susceptible to Him four stars instead of five, just because I'm still pouting over the fact that is was too short! But I absolutely loved Ryan and Lia! Their banter was adorable, the sizzling heat off-the-charts, and I was dying for them to have their happily-ever-after. Ms Burke was a real knack for writing believable, sympathetic characters. I cannot wait for the rest in the series!
Michelle Eriksen
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This short story is the beginning of a new series and it promises to be e a good one if this book is anything to go by.

Lia had a bad breakup and for the past couple of years has been trying to deal with the emotional aftermath. He best friend and roommate sets her up on a blind date with Ryan. I really thought the family dynamic with Lia's family has a ton of potential and can't wait to see where this series takes us next.
Lineah
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
¡Corto, divertido y entretenido!
Los POV de Ryan fueron de lo más divertidos y esas referencias continuas al estimado "Old Boy" simplemente fueron geniales.
Ésta es una historia de romance contemporáneo que hace pasar un buen rato, saca unas cuantas risotadas y brinda unas buenas escenas candentes para fantasear xD

Y sí, no puedo esperar para leer la historia de Gwen♥
Sheryl Winters
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Can't wait to read more!!
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Angela
Book provided by Lynn Burke
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Another story of love gone wrong. When Lia meets Ryan on a date that her roommate setup for Valentines Day she has no intention of ever seeing him again.

As most love stories go, love is an elusive object. One that you are very lucky to find in a lifetime. In this novella by Lynn Burke we meet Lia and Ryan who both have skeletons in their closet that they haven’t dealt with. We here the story from the point
Steven Allen
Another very short book, hardly classifying as a novella. More of a short story. Thankfully, I received this for free. Rather straightforward, boy meets damaged girl and sparks fly.

Well written dialogue, sex scenes are rather vanilla other than a scene in the hallway, and some obvious (like lead pipe and 2x4 type) foreshadowing by the author of what is obviously intended to be a series.

Never really liked the MC's love interest. Granted he realizes he screwed up and comes to apologize, but it st
Charlotte
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, steamy read

This book is for adults due to sexual content.
A story about a woman who had her broken by a man she trusted, a man she was engaged to, and in happened in Valentine's Day. Well it's time to live again Lia!
This an extremely short story. It's a steamy little read that will let you pass a little time and bring you a smile.
LidiasChoice De Jager
Risso Fam book 1

I liked the first book. Was glad to see both Lia and Ryan find happiness after all their heart ache.
Adriana
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Entretenida. Una historia más de amor instántaneo.
Raquel
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
02/12/2018
02/12/2018
Lola
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I won a copy of this book during a giveaway in a facebook party. I had heard of this author before, but wasn't sure what to expect from her books. I only knew it was a romance book. This book is a novella, I easily read it in two sittings, so it's pretty short. It was an enjoyable read, although due to the length it did feel like we don't get to know the characters as much as I would've liked and there's less time for the romance to developed. Nevertheless it was still a fun read, perfect for wh ...more
Luz Al Saud
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Un libro corto, para pasar el rato San valentin al asecho. . pero ciertas frases : ... mis axilas hormiguearon mientras sudor goteaba entre mis pechos. — jajaja Wtf !!! el final fue bonito
Daniela
May 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Dos ⭐ porque fue muy cortito, no me contó nada nuevo y todo eso, pero si es entretenido y rápido de leer.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
short.... very short!
Simone
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Tracy Aqui
Jan 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lynn Burke is a full time mother, voracious gardener, and scribbler of spicy romance stories. A country bumpkin turned Bay Stater, she enjoys her chowdah and Dunkin Donuts when not trying to escape the reality of city life.

Risso Family (4 books)
  • Longing for Her (Risso Family Book 2)
  • Complete With Her (Risso Family Book 3)
  • Tempered by Her (Risso Family Book 4)