Start by marking “Highlights to Heaven (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Highlights to Heaven (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #5)

Highlights to Heaven

(Bad Hair Day Mystery #5)

Professional hairstylist and amateur sleuth Marla Shore lands a case close to home when her pet-loving neighbor—a man aptly named Goat—disappears, leaving his animals alone and a dead body in the master bedroom. The corpse might be just another anonymous stiff, except for the distinctive bronze highlighting his hair. Marla—on the scene and ready for anything—immediately

Published May 27th 2014 by Open Road Media Mystery & Thriller (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Highlights to Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highlights to Heaven

Start your review of Highlights to Heaven (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #5)
Judi Easley
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy readers!
Recommended to Judi by: previous books
First thoughts: OMG, Marla with a cause! Our favorite hairdresser plays with the big boys in this one and things get pretty scary even with her favorite cop along.
Charlene
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a really really good book! Each one in the series gets better and better! I love this series so much I cannot wait to read the next book! So much action in this story, Marla really got into a mess this time! Her neighbor Goat has disappeared and a dead man is in his bed. One of her beauty school instructors Cutter Corrigan may be involved. Some of her classmates are found dead, so much going on in this story and an unexpected twist! I'm on to start the next book now!
Christine P
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh boy, does Marla get herself in some 'hairy' situations in Highlights to Heaven. This is book 5 in the series and I am still enjoying them. As usual this book spun some interesting information into the story about the disease of citrus trees. I took this to heart since, I've mentioned, I also live in FL and this has happened to our citrus tees, so I was very glad to learn what happened to the trees and what I probably should have done. Marla and Vail also take a trip to Mt. Dora (which is only ...more
Brianna
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
This book is as enjoyable as the rest of the series, but I am starting to join some of the other reviewers in their incredulity that it is possible for Marla to own and operate a salon while she is off investigating murders and dealing with her growing relationship not only with Vail, but his daughter Brianna, as she does in this book. While it is nice to see the couple deal with normal hiccups in a growing relationship, it's getting hard to believe Marla could actually run her salon like this a ...more
Cary
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK this is as far as I go! I still have the same issues as a few books ago. 1) How can she actually run a salon with all the time away from the place? 2) How come every murder is somehow connected to her directly or indirectly! 3) I'm tired of the little lectures on whatever topic is involved in the book. 4) How can she be beat up & harassed so much and still keep on sleuthing?

Yep, I'm done!
Missy
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2011
Book #33 read in 2011

What a stupid, stupid main character. I spent most of the book thinking she was going to get herself killed. My favorite part of the story was the bonding between Marla and Brie.
Linda
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
Enjoyable entry in the series. I liked how Marla and Dalton's relationship was evolving. The mystery was good but confusing at times with all the technicalities in it and even Marla felt that as well.
Phillis
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice easy read. This is a character series called Bad Hair Mysteries or something like that. Takes place in Florida. The main charactr owns a beauty salon and some how gets involvd in murder. That's how she met her boyfriend who is a detective.
Debbie
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this mystery.

It was very entertaining and what I call an easy read; but at the same time the mystery had enough turns and twists to keep me guessing.
Bridget
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I read this before. Very familiar, and yet I never did the whole series before.
JT (Jasmine Tailfeather) Murray
fun read1
Ali Smith
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. A lot of different plots all at once. Just think when you're figuring out something to a clue it changes again! Pay attention to all of the characters.
Christine
Another good Bad Air mystery. I somehow skipped this book so I had to go back 1 book. Oh well, but still enjoyed reading it.
Kaitlin
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the first in the series that I have read. While the book wasn't able to hold my interest as well as other authors, I will most likely read one more from the series.
Melissa Stoltz
I liked this book better than some of the others I have read by her.
Brenda
Feb 16, 2010
Lennine
Jun 25, 2016
Nancy
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mystery
May 20, 2018
Suzanne
Dec 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Wedding Cake Crumble (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #10)
  • Vanilla Beaned (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #8)
  • Sugar and Iced (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #6)
  • Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1)
  • Dead in Dublin (The Dublin Driver Mysteries #1)
  • Mr. Nobody
  • One Hot Murder (Victoria Square, #3)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • Stayin' Alive (Country Club Murder #10)
  • I Know You Know
  • Strangled Eggs and Ham (Country Store Mysteries #6)
  • The Pawful Truth (Cat in the Stacks #11)
  • Made for Me (A New Beginnings, #1)
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)
  • Polished Off (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #3)
  • Staged to Death (Caprice De Luca Mystery #1)
  • The Numbers Killer (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #1)
Nancy J. Cohen writes the Bad Hair Day Mysteries featuring South Florida hairstylist Marla Vail. Titles in this series have been named Best Cozy Mystery by Suspense Magazine, won a Readers' Favorite Gold Medal and a RONE Award, earned first place in the Chanticleer International Book Awards and third place in the Arizona Literary Awards. Nancy's instructional guide, "Writing the Cozy Mystery," was ...more

Bad Hair Day Mystery (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Permed to Death (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #1)
  • Hair Raiser (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #2)
  • Murder by Manicure (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #3)
  • Body Wave (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #4)
  • Died Blonde (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #6)
  • Dead Roots (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #7)
  • Perish by Pedicure (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #8)
  • Killer Knots (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #9)
  • Shear Murder (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #10)
  • Hanging by a Hair  (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #11)