Start by marking “Elementally Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Elementally Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #0.5)

Elementally Priceless

(Rylee Adamson #0.5)

"My Name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker"

This is the story of my first salvage, seeking out a missing child that my mentor has warned me away from.

What I find is more than one child: I find my destiny.

"They call me the Destroyer."

Published January 20th 2015 by Hijinks Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Elementally Priceless, please sign up.
Auraya I would recommend to read by publication date. I just read it by order and got a bit confused. I think they might contain some spoilers about the late…moreI would recommend to read by publication date. I just read it by order and got a bit confused. I think they might contain some spoilers about the later books, but I cant be sure yet. We also get to meet the protagonist from the other series, I would also recommend to read those books by publication date.(less)

Start your review of Elementally Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #0.5)
Dragana
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short story full of action, paranormal creatures and magic. And not one but two kick-ass heroines. Who can ask for more?
I think it's best read after Rylee Adamson and before starting The Elemental series.
Jessica Frances
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great insight into Rylee and Lark's past. Definitely recommend to fans of either series.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this novella because the author recommended to before starting ROOTBOUND, and having loved her RYLEE ADAMSON and ELEMENTAL series, I figured that I couldn't go wrong with twice the Shannon Mayer heroine power! ELEMENTALLY PRICELESS was a hoot because I got to learn about the Tracker's first salvage while also getting psyched up for Lark's 5th installment. The chapters alternated POVs which is normally not my favourite style of writing, but in this instance I loved it due to my ...more
Kara
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Like many other readers of the Elementals Series, I was so confused by the start of Rootbound that I went back to the reviews and found that people recommended reading this to fill in a few of the HUGE gaps. I agree with other reviewers that Elementally Priceless absolutely needs to be updated, but I was glad that it filled in for at least a few of the years of Lark’s life that we missed out in between books. What I find unfortunate though, is that reading this just made me feel like I had to pu ...more
Jeanny
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book simply bc I was interested in Larkspur. It gave me some insight on Lark & serves as a helpful preview on if I'd enjoy a series with Lark as the protagonist. The answer is yes. I'll be happily buying Lark's series.
However this left me with a question If Ryle is immune how can an elemental spell her memory away? Seems a bit inconsistent to me.
Moondance
I trailed my fingers down the side of the crumpled missing person poster, taking in the hard feel of weathered paper.

This is a back story to both the Rylee Adamson and Elemental series. Rylee has taken it upon herself to rescue a missing child without benefit of back up. She manages to convince a neighbor to drive her in the direction of the pull that she feels from the child. The neighbor turns out to be more than he seems.

In Death Valley, Lark is overcome by the need to leave her prison and he
Andrea Hastings
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rylee and Lark's stories meeting! I loved this short snippet into Lark's banishment and Rylee's beginning. I want more of Rylee and Lark together. They are truly bad**s!!
Angela
Dec 09, 2015 marked it as tbr-later
9 December 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Karen
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, urban-fantasy
Oh I love this author.. she is great.. another great book
Debbie Turk
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The First Meeting Of Lark & Rylee Since She Was A Baby!!😲🙏📝🌱🌸
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)
Elementally Priceless: Rylee Adamson #0.5

Rylee Adamson was cast out by her adopted family when her sister went missing & she was suspected!!💔😭 Giselle, a Seer, has taken her in & is training her. While Giselle is away Rylee see's a missing poster for a boy called Jonathan & with a ride from her sexy neighbour, on his motorbike, she's off to Track & return him!!🙏

Lark is still banished in Death Valley. She's
Heather
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
My Name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker"
What I find is more than one child: I find my destiny.
"They call me the Destroyer."
I've been banished to the desert for years after saving a life I should have let the darkness take. But as an earth elemental, I couldn't turn from the pleas for help any more than I can turn from them this time. Except that this time, I have a Tracker to deal with.
This is
Elli Whalen
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that cleared up a bunch of things! Go to Shannon Mayers website for the correct reading order! Reading order #2! (Listed below!)

The Elemental Series

LIAM
PAME
Amanda
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am just starting out with this author. Book 1 of the series is waitlisted, so I decided to read .25 and .5 as a precursor to get an idea of the characters. Beyond the admitted "potty mouth", the main character is a surprising, tough, not willing to run from danger kind of girl. This series falls into the supernatural genre, but even with just these two short stories, it feels fresh and interesting. I look forward to discovering more!
Kate Rhoads
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointing and confusing. Switching from two characters both in first person was drove me nuts trying to remember who "I" was. Especially since they were both strong characters. And then about the time I got the hang of it, the chapter would end and I was back to trying to figure out who was telling the story. In the end, not enough was added to the overall picture to make reading it worthwhile. But then, that's just my opinion.
Enraptured  Maenad
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing per usual

I adore this series and Prequel is a great way to show how the lives of Lark and Rylee first intersect. Well written, creative and fast paced it's one of the stands outs in the area of Urban Fantasy but also clean enough for YA readers to read without parents being concerned. Instead, the it stimulates the mind and sparks one's desire to read all of the series. A+!
Simoné
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was the intertwining got and official beginning to two different series. I have not started the elemental series with Lark but am in 5e middle of the Rylee Adamson series. I feel like this book, although good to read in order would be better to read before Rising Darkness, where Lark makes her next appearance.
It was a good intro for both series though and was a quick read and gave a little insight into elementals.
Laila Nelke
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How did I miss this book before (?! ) until It was mentioned in the begining of the book #5 of the Elemental series? I'm so glad I found and read it! This book explained a lot about Rylee and Larkspur, how they met, and things that were missing to put everything together!
Short story but such an amazing one. Really loved it!
Willi
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I haven't read any of Shannon Mayer's books before and I don't know what I've been waiting for. This story and the introduction to Rylee and Lark was amazing. Now I just have to choose which one to read next - Rylee or Lark? No matter who I start with I know I'm going to love both of them!
A.M.
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books, i-own
I admit I wasn’t blown away by book 1 in this series. I had problems with missing back story and I thought reading this would fill some of those gaps. I also heard Shannon on a podcast and she’s selling millions of books.
She’s clearly doing something right.
***
Okay… this is not a prequel. It may well come before the other books in the calendar but it does not set up book 1. So it’s backstory for the wherever the series was up to when this was published, but
Alan Araujo
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was too short!

So good. I started reading the elemental a but when I got to book 5 the first chapter killed me because it jumped so far ahead into the future. So I did some digging and found the reading timeline. It landed me here and I loved it! Thanks
Shannon
Deb
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star paranormal

Loved having two strong female leads Rylee and Lark fighting together! For anyone who loves stories of the paranormal Shannon Mayer is a must. Strong Language with young adult vibe
Laura Martinez
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I missed this book when I read this series the first time and I somehow stumbled upon the reading order and im glad I found this novella because it helps with the backstory that was missing. Loved reading how Lark and Rylee met up.
Logan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it in some ways. A decent, brief story with some good character development. I felt it lacked a bit of polish and the alternative first-person perspectives was a bit disorienting but interesting enough to be worth looking at future books.
Dawn Kaufman
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Strong, sassy heroines who kick a** and take names in pursuit of what's right. Fully developed characters and a skillfully realized world make this an engaging read that's hard to put down.
Mary
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

What a great, fast read! I could not put this book down. I loved seeing Larks character from a different view and how it filled in some of the missing time in the Elemental series. Love the characters! Can’t wait for the next read!
Charly Toohey
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It’s fantasy combined with normal. Rylee Adamson is a great woman character. Not everything goes right for her but she keeps on trying. Along the way she gathers a mismatch group of supernatural allies. I loved this book
John Colley
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and informative

Would have been better to have read before the RA books but regardless it explained stuff and I will go onto the elemental series. Nice to remember Rylee before it all became intense.
Meria Wright
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

Having not read any of the books in this series yet, I really enjoyed it. This prequel introduces many of the prefaced that I look forward to learn more about in the series.
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the backstory that this gives. Having read books further in the chronology it makes some stuff make more sense.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Really really enjoyed. Can't wait to learn more about Lark and (view spoiler) ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Sin & Lightning (Demigods of San Francisco, #5)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Shadow Lands (The Warrior Chronicles, #3)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Invasion (The Warrior Chronicles, #4)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Sense and Scent Ability: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 1)
  • Sucks To Be Me (First Fangs Club #1)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

News & Interviews

“The world will beat the hell out of you if you let it, I know from experience. But I wouldn’t trade any of the choices I’ve made. Because in the end, I have to live with myself. Same as you have to live with yourself. Always follow your heart. No matter who tries to convince you otherwise.” 5 likes
“All this for a child I didn’t know and a girl I’d just met.” 0 likes