Start by marking “Big Girl Panties (Like A Lady, #1)” as Want to Read:
Big Girl Panties (Like A Lady, #1)

Big Girl Panties (Like A Lady #1)

After ditching her cheating, no-good lying, jerk of a fiance at the doors to the alter, Scarlett Lynn Summers aka Red is lost...but not for too long. Thanks to her spunky best friend, she won't stay under her covers hiding for long. Barging in with guns a blazin and curses a flyin, Mary Lou drags Red out for a weekend worth of adventures that just might be more than she ba ...more
Published March 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Big Girl Panties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Girl Panties

Lady Heather
What a wonderful surprise...and ends with a freakin cliffy!

Now I HAVE TO read the next book... immediately!
Stephenee
May 04, 2015 Stephenee rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

This was a novella, however, it packed the punch of a full length novel. The author did an amazing job getting the readers to become invested in the characters right from the very start of the story. Poor Red, imagine the horror of hearing a couple having sex, in the church right before your wedding - then imagine the man is your fiancé....yep, it was Jake, Red's fiancé. How could the reader not be hooked right then and there?!?!

The author
Marci
Mar 01, 2015 Marci rated it it was amazing
This was such a darling little story. I absolutely loved the characters. Every girl should have a friend like Mary Lou. Thanks to Mary Lou, Red had the a chance encounter with her childhood crush, Mason. Little did she know that Mason's shared the same feelings, and seizes a moment with kiss that was a "save" of sorts , when Red was confronted by her cheating ex.
I love the chemistry between these two, it's sweet, endearing, and at time hot.
"Big Girl Panties" was is well written and in my favor
Michelle
Feb 13, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Love the characters and the unique storyline. I couldn't put this book down. And I NEED book 2 ASAP. Have to know how the storyline continues!!!
Krissy loves to read
Mar 18, 2015 Krissy loves to read rated it it was amazing
Just finished my weekend trip to hot and sunny Oklahoma in Big girl Panties by S.J Sawyer and loved it! This is a five star yippy ya hoo novella for me! I didn't want it to end and leave my little escape. Leaving this story with giggles and smiles, definitely
making my early day a great one so far! I'm very excited and can't wait to read more with Red, Mason and the crew!
Scarlett Summers, nicked named Red starts off her story a little sad! I felt sorry for her, one of those Oh No, Covering my fac
Caro J Roberts
Feb 28, 2015 Caro J Roberts rated it really liked it
****This Arc was given by the author for an honest review****

Scarlett Lynn, aka Red, has been wallowing in grief for the last two weeks. After finding her fiancé having sexy with one of her bridesmaids in the bathroom! On their wedding day! Well her best-friend Mary Lou is tired of it and she demonstrates this by literally kicking Red out of her bed and making her shower (for the first time in two weeks), and get ready for a night out.

That night changes everything. While out with Mary Lou they
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Apr 09, 2015 Sassy Moms Say Read Romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erin-s-reviews
I loved this book! It’s witty, it pulls at your heartstrings, it has characters you will love and some you will love to hate, all on a country backdrop that will have you wanting lake parties and dates in the back of a pick up truck.

Red and Mary Lou are quite the pair. Red is low key and Mary Lou is a fire siren going off in your ear. Mary Lou is like that little devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear, “Come on, just go for it, what do you have to lose?” and that’s exactly what she does a
Renee W. Tyler,  Battery Operated Book Blog
I can not imagine it being my wedding day and finding my fiance' in a compromising position. Well, for Scarlett aka Red, she has to face a hard dose of reality. This is what kicks off this fun book that will have you thinking back to what you high school days were like. When you past and you present seem to all run together, how will or do you react.

When the unthinkable happens to Red she reacts just like most normal women would, you wallow in self pity for as long as your best friend allows. Mo
Renee W. Tyler,  Battery Operated Book Blog

ByoBook Club
Apr 27, 2015 ByoBook Club rated it it was amazing
description

When Scarlett “Red” Summers finds her fiancé cheating on her with one of her bridesmaids moments before their wedding, she does what every self-respecting woman would do: calls off the wedding and goes into hermit mode.

After two weeks of mourning, her best friend Mary Lou drags her out into society again. She knew running into Jake was a likelihood, but the reality was more difficult than she had anticipated.. until Mason Pierce swoops in and rescues her with a kiss.

Evidently when one door close
Karen's Book Haven
Mar 09, 2015 Karen's Book Haven rated it liked it
We meet Scarlett ‘Red’ who is not in a good way. We don’t find out till chapter two what’s got her in a funk and bedridden. This is the chapter that fills in the horrible blanks and we learn of her heart being betrayed in the worst possible way.
SJ has written a contemporary second chance at love story. There are many laughs as well as some heartwrenching moments where I felt so bad for Red.
There’s a lot of jumping from the present to past in this book and sometimes, just as I was getti
DJ Sakata
Feb 12, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, new-adult

Favorite Quotes:

“I close my eyes tight, scrunching them together like I always did when I was five. If the bogeyman can’t see you with your eyes closed, surely, a bear can’t either. There has to be logic there.”

“He hasn’t kissed me, all the boy has done is touch me, and I’m embarrassingly breathless.”

“I stare at him in complete shock as he practically races away from me to the safety of his truck. That didn’t just happen. I can’t be that bad at this, can I?”

“Around here, church is like a bath. Y
Helena BackOffMyBookBoyfrien
Mar 18, 2015 Helena BackOffMyBookBoyfrien rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review!

Sometimes in life people settle for what they think they should have and sometimes we are saved by the bell, so to speak. That's exactly what happens when minutes before she is due to walk down the aisle she catches her good for nothing fiance in the "arms" of another woman, with no pants on. After a short mourning period and after she finally comes out of her bedroom and gets a shower, thank you Mary Lou!, what follows is her every teenage dre
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
4.5 Stars

Really a great, sweet story of rebuilding. A quick little read that is not a stand-alone and I can not wait for the rest of the story.

Scarlett (Red) is ready to start her life, ready to walk down the aisle. Too bad Jake wasn't quite as ready. Now she must start over, when she would rather curl up in bed.
Mason is the high school hottie that you thought was untouchable. You dreamt about him, wished for him but he was just out of reach.

Since it's such a short book I will not give much away
Tracy Ehlers
Mar 08, 2015 Tracy Ehlers rated it really liked it
*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

S.J. Sawyer is a new author to me and Big Girls Panties Part 1 is an amazing fun contemporary read..

I loved this story it was fun, witty and unique. I enjoyed the change in POV through out.
This story takes place over a weekend with added flash back scenes that help build the story. The Characters were both believable and loveable.. I have come to wonder if this is what small town America is like!

What a great start to a new
Icy
Feb 13, 2015 Icy rated it it was amazing
This was a very sweet romance based small town America. This story line fell so close to home that I couldn't help but love it.

I had so many laugh out loud moments at some of the stuff Mary Lou pulled Red into (I can’t wait to see what other trouble she tries getting them into in the next book.) We should all be so lucky to have a friend like her.

I can't wait to see what schemes and plans are coming in the next book for these girls, not to mention Mason's plan for Red!!
JC (Jen)
May 02, 2015 JC (Jen) rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! I fell in love with all of the characters! This book had me cracking up, it was such a refreshing and easy read! You always know what is going on with the changes in POV and flashbacks, I love getting both POV's in one book!. Once you start reading it you are hooked until the end. Then you just can't wait to get your hands on book 2! If you want a truly entertaining and amazing book, grab a copy of Big Girl Panties!
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
This was a really good story about finding yourself when you thought that all was lost. I was hooked from the very beginning of this because it kept me entertained and there was never a dull moment in this story. I adored Red and I loved Mary Lou because she was that friend that we all need. The one who won't let you mop in misery, the one that would set you straight and not let you down. I can't wait to read the second part of this story and see what will happen next.
Peggy
Mar 17, 2015 Peggy rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! S.J. Sawyer brought it in this book! Romance with humor, no way can you go wrong! Recommend it for everyone to read! You're missing out if you don't! Won't give you any spoilers other than .... HURRY AND GET YOUR COPY!!!!!

*Received for an honest review*
Jennifer ~J & J's Southern Spice Blog
I really liked this book and can't wait to read the next in this series. I want to know what else happens between Red and Mason. I also want to see if Mary Lou and Monroe end up together.
Laura Saunders
Completely addicted to this series! I can't wait for more. It's laugh out loud funny and has a great love story. I am anxiously awaiting the next book!

A definite must read!!
Nicole Hart
Mar 03, 2015 Nicole Hart rated it it was amazing
Fun read! Can't wait for the second book!
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Big Girl Panties
Author: S.J. Sawyer
Series or Standalone: Like a Lady Series #1
Rating: Five Stars *****

Review:

***Received an ARC of this book from the author for an unbiased and honest review***

Big Girl Panties is the first story in the New Adult Contemporary Romance series, Like a Lady, and it’s told from the dual point of view of main characters Red (Scarlett) and Mason.

This is the first offering by this author that I’ve had the pleasure of reading and I’m so glad that I did. This st
Andrea
Mar 06, 2017 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a cute light read. It does end on a cliffhanger
Jenny
I really loved this book, I've been poorly today and this really cheered me up, this isn't a stand alone so I do need to go read book 2 now, they are on KU so that's even better haha
this is a sweet story with such a beautiful connection between the two mc's and I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.
Terri Midgett
Feb 28, 2017 Terri Midgett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Caught my attention at the beginning. Read the book in one day. Going to read book two. Thanks S.J. Sawyer
Michelle carter
Mar 18, 2015 Michelle carter rated it it was amazing
S.J. Sawyer has done it again! She is a phenomenal author who keeps you wanting more. Her character's are developed and you can't help but love them as much as the main ones. If you haven't read this you are missing out on a great laugh out loud read. (tried to pace myself wasn't happening) Ok i'll tell you about the story and the characters.

Not a cliffhanger although this is the first book in "One Like A Lady Series." ( Can't wait to get my hands on the other's trying to wait patiently)
Told fro
Latosha
Feb 21, 2017 Latosha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this gem. Read in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! So ready to read more!
  • Last Christmas
  • Being a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #2)
  • Anybody But Him
  • Sinful Rewards 9: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella
  • Better With Sugar (Cranefly Romance #1)
  • Actor for the Night (For the Night #8)
  • Wife Is a 4-Letter Word
  • Black Dog Nights: Part Three (The Club, #1.3)
  • Alessandra (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #1)
  • Gravity (Artistic Pricks Ink, #1)
  • Step F*@k: Book Two (Step F*@k, #2)
  • Eden Creek
  • Unleashed: Volume 3
  • Compulsive Fascinations (Compulsions, #2)
  • He's So Fine
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Keep It Safe (KIS #2)
  • Change of Heart (Second Chances 1)
Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for your interest in me and my work. I hope everyone enjoys my characters as much as I do. They are all so delightful in their own way. So, about me, I'm a twenty something Okie girl who has a husband, three children, and some really awesome friends who work as my Beta Girls. I have a Bachelors degree in English Lit, minoring in Sociology. I've always wanted to b ...more
More about S.J. Sawyer...

Like A Lady (3 books)
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)
  • Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)