Start by marking “Deuce Coop Episode #1: Taken” as Want to Read:
Deuce Coop Episode #1: Taken

Deuce Coop Episode #1: Taken

(Deuce Coop #1)

For nearly five years, Deuce managed to keep his gang out of serious trouble, but a favor for a friend of a friend puts Deuce in a hell of a spot—take temporary—and unwilling—custody of a young man in a relationship that’s way over his head or leave him in the path of a near-certain death? Despite his decision to leave college-boy’s safety to chance in order to protect his ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by Hot Corner Press

To ask other readers questions about Deuce Coop Episode #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deuce Coop Episode #1

Start your review of Deuce Coop Episode #1: Taken
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Oct 23, 2015 marked it as will-never-ever-read
How many of this lady's books are directly plagiarized!?!?!

**If you purchased this book at Amazon, you can request a refund EVEN AFTER THE DATE HAS PASSED. All you have to do is give an explanation as to why.**
Rachel the Book Harlot
Oct 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: atv, no-thanks, plagiarism
Plagiarism Alert!

Laura Harner stole the content from Opal Carew's Riding Steele.

Riding Steele: Kidnapped

Oct 23, 2015 marked it as not-in-a-million-years
rykaine
Oct 23, 2015 marked it as nope
Shelves: plagiarism
Book is plagiarized from Opal Carew.

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Because more plagiarism.

And according to the comments in Heather's review here there's potentially a third series by yet another author involved.
Viv
Apr 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Changing this to 1 star due to plagiarism.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Jun 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Sadly, I feel I have no other choice than to reduce my ratings for all Laura Harner books. The evidence of plagiarism for some of her books appears incontrovertible and she has even apologized for it. This, for me, taints her entire body of work. I can no longer trust the integrity of any of her writing.

This in no way reflects upon the integrity or quality of any author with whom she collaborated.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
I no longer have any wish to read something from a person who plaigarizes
Lasha
Harner plagiarized this book too.
Sadie Forsythe
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-lendable

I found it horribly repetitive and as a result didn't feel like it progressed enough, especially for a serial. While I appreciated the existence of bi-sexuals, I had problems with the cliched representation of big, strapping, possessive, alpha tops and small, wispy, openly available bottoms, with no overlap. I basically thought the whole thing depended too heavily on pre-existing, M/M shortcuts.

Edit: OMG! I just realized this was the plagiarized book! Why do I still own it? I gave it two stars
Jewel
Since this is a new serial, I will wait to rate and review until more are out so I can get a better idea of the story.
Becky Condit
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a thrilling opener to an episodic series. The first story, Taken, introduces Deuce and his motorcycle gang. Deuce is asked to keep an eye on the brother of his friend Marcy, as a favor. It seems Cooper has fallen in with a bad crowd and Marcy realizes it but Cooper doesn't. Cooper is almost finished with his college courses. His boyfriend Edward has become rougher and rougher and is now abusive to Cooper. Cooper decides to call their relationship off but Edward will have none of it. When ...more
Grammy 1
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You have this thing down pat Laura Harner !!!!! Between the perilous adventures for Pulp Friction, for the paranormal adventure Altered States, the wonderful storyline and inevitable cliff hanger award is All yours…..

Knowing all this, I cannot blame you….you had me at meet Cooper Mc Elroy. You are at your best spinning a yarn, whether it is Willow Springs, Pulp Friction Atlanta, Pulp Friction Arizona or Duece Coop.

This is a very short Novella as a prologue to the capture or kidnapping of one
Carole-Ann
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-yummies
Lovely set up for another super story. Cute twink Cooper, realising his boyfriend is becoming abusive, is 'kidnapped' by Double Down (one of Deuce's gang) who prevents any harm from happening to Cooper.
This leaves Deuce in a predicament b/c they'd previously decided NOT to kidnap Cooper (at his sister's insistence), but now realise he's at risk.
Erin
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Deuce Coop

So far I am liking this series a lot. I like a lot of Laura's series so far. I can not wait to see what happens with Cooper and Deuce in the next book with the whole gang. Erin
Katherine
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really short, but a good start. I like Deuce and look forward to reading more about his hot man sharing biker gang. I love Laura Harner so I'm not sure how I missed this series coming out. I can't wait to read the next ones.
4 stars
Jen
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Imke
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
To short. I don't think series like this are for me. The story starts to get going and then stops and you have to wait for the next episode.
Faye
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hated the cliffhanger!
Bogusia
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I will wait to see how the story unfolds..
Janie
Ugh, I hate cliff hangers! Poor Cooper is terrified out of his mind about the situation he is in and confused about whether or not Deuce is a good guy.
Rachel
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Not sure yet about this.
It seems like it could be okay but I'm off to read the next to see what happens.
Kirsten
Oct 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Plagiariazed. Avoid author Laura Harner.
Barbara Lampron
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow good beginning

Laura has written a good story. Very graphic if you will and I just can't wait for the next episode.
Sammyd
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great start to this short series but really worth the read!!!!
Elaine
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Quick read with a lot of hotness and action. Poor Cooper and Deuce just trying to make it in the world when their lives come together.
« previous 1 3 next »

Deuce Coop (6 books)
  • Deadlocked (Deuce Coop #2)
  • Collision (Deuce Coop #3)
  • Dark Desires (Deuce Coop #4)
  • Repercussions (Deuce Coop #5)
  • Truth & Consequences (Deuce Coop #6)