Start by marking “On a Dark Sea (DCI Dani Bevan #2)” as Want to Read:
On a Dark Sea (DCI Dani Bevan #2)

On a Dark Sea

(DCI Dani Bevan #2)

A missing girl.

A broken marriage.

Who can you trust?

When fourteen year old Maisie Riddell goes missing from a Glasgow High School, DCI Dani Bevan knows she needs to act fast, particularly as the Headmistress is the wife of her DS, Phil Boag. But as the inquiry into the girl’s disappearance deepens, Bevan finds herself caught in the fall-out from a broken marriage, uns
Published January 20th 2015 by The Garansay Press

Start your review of On a Dark Sea (DCI Dani Bevan #2)
Judy Harper
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good second book in the series.

The book is fast paced,interesting and suspenseful. Up like the fact that much of the books dwell on the main characters. Yet they still spend time solving the mystery. The plot doesn't present a blood and gore narration. None of the characters are perfect, though I do wish DCI Dan I would be a better judge of the guys she gets involved with. But that's just part of her character, it doesn't take away from the story. I highly recommend this series so far!

david wright
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok

Well paced and mostly kept my interest. The ending was too contrived and unbelievable. Switching from Dani to Bevan in each sentence was annoying and unnecessary. I won't be reading the rest of the series
Susan
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Quite a few twists and turns in this book. It was hard reading about Dani taking up with a new man and leaving her American boyfriend out of her life. I hope they can reconcile and get back together in a future book. Enjoyable characters and storyline in this story. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Jayne Quince
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another excellent tale from Katherine Pathak

Another good read. This time showing the more vulnerable side of Dani Bevan.
A young girl runs away from home. Girls are being trafficked for sexual exploitation and there is a serial killer on the loose.
Dani allows herself to become involved with a Norwegian detective...is this the real thing....or will it hinder her investigation?
Lavins
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A good second book in this series.

There is a good mix of crazy people, family drama, smart detectives, not so smart detectives, cruel truth, funny moments and beautiful landscapes.

I am looking forward to the next one.
Diane L. Woodbury
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very nicely plotted

So agree with previous reviews that found the chief detective 's affair bothersome but all the strings pulled together into a smashing ending! Would read another if only to follow another delicious 😋 plot!!
Lavina McMillan
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Minor issues spoilt the book

The story was enjoyable but the rating was given for minor errors which were annoying: the incorrect spelling of Pollokshaws, and incorrectly using the English instead of the Scottish educational system.
Natasha
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
There was something futile and haunting about this plot. A good book, but sad.
Harry McClellan
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
On A Dark Sea

This book was not as exciting as #1 , I still enjoyed your writing. The storyline was a little boring but the characters were still enjoyable. I'm off to read #3.
Anne Hill
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked

The entire book was good, except the very end. You knew it was coming but kinda hope it wasn't. No it that you want to be morbid, but the grieving had all ready started.
Alan
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read. This author has the ability to construct excellent story lines.
Mary Foster
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not too interesting

Predictable and uncomplicated --one you could skip through when you need to pass some time, but don't expect very much
Sherron L Pace
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and deadly

The imagery in the book is excellent. So is the prognosis of the story through love and miss and stupid reactions.
Gary Van Cott
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
In the first book in this series I thought the characters were not very interesting. I presume someone pointed this out to the author as in this book the main characters have much more complicated lives. However, I thought the plot was a bit lackluster.
David Gilchrist
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Its OK, the story flows well, a few twists, just seems to miss out on the suspense factor. Have now read two books dont think I will go for a third.
Marie Shirley Griffin
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea

The main character just didn't do a thing for me. In fact, I thought she was rather lame to be a DCI.

I won't be reading any more of this series.
David
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
A good read from a good series.
kate
pete ray
May 02, 2017
Peter Doherty
Jul 01, 2018

• The Man in the House (DI Helena Stratton #1)
  • Deluded (DI Sara Ramsey, #4)
  • The Lies They Told (DI Karen Heath #1)
  • Death In Transit: Murder most foul... (Inspector Torquil McKinnon Book 5)
  • Killer on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #4)
  • The Murder Pact (DI Sara Ramsey #5)
  • Killer Blow (DI Sara Ramsey, #2)
  • Revenge on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin mystery, #2)
  • Fear on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #3)
  • Thicker than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #2)
  • Paper Girls (DCI Kett, #1)
  • Broadland (DI Tanner #1)
  • Penitent (DI Munro & DS West #9)
  • Deathly Wind (Inspector Torquil McKinnon #2)
  • Perdition (DI Munro & DS West #7)
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Baby's Got Blue Eyes (Ted Darling #2)
  • Dark of Mind (DS Lasser Book 21)
Katherine Pathak lives in rural north Essex with her husband and two young children. She has worked as a History teacher for over ten years and before that she worked in the book trade in London. Aoife's Chariot is her first novel. Katherine has lived in the south-east of England for most of her life, but her father's family come from the Isle of Arran in Scotland and this has been the inspiration ...more

DCI Dani Bevan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Against a Dark Sky (DCI Dani Bevan #1)
  • A Dark Shadow Falls (DCI Dani Bevan #3)
  • Dark As Night (DCI Dani Bevan #4)
  • The Dark Fear (DCI Dani Bevan #5)
  • Girls Of The Dark (DCI Dani Bevan #6)
  • Hold Hands In The Dark (DCI Dani Bevan #7)
  • Dark Remedies (DCI Dani Bevan, #8)
  • Dark Origin (DCI Dani Bevan, #9)
  • The Dark Isle (The DCI Dani Bevan, #10)
  • Dark Enough to See (DCI Dani Bevans, #11)