Start by marking “Second Destiny” as Want to Read:
Second Destiny

Second Destiny

(Destiny #2)

The older generation broke them apart, the younger generation reunites them (standalone novel)

What if you and your first love get your happy-ever-after, but it doesn't work out?
This story follows a beautiful, frustrated wife and artist who is reunited with the gorgeous hero with Bollywood-good-looks and charisma. When fate brings them face to face again, can they put the
Published September 9th 2014 by Creative Hummingbird Results

To ask other readers questions about Second Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Destiny

Izzie d
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance, arc
I liked the idea of reading about a different culture to the genre I usually read.
I like second chance romance but I found Devraj and Lia frustrating.
She is stubborn and doesn't want to give up her independence but he is not listening to some of the things she says also. I don't want to explain why they were both annoying as it would give away the storyline but I don't like using another woman or man to hurt the H/h or them being with someone else if they are in love with the H/h.
I actually thou
Franny Armstrong
Lia, had a college sweetheart and soul mate, Devraj, yet fate keeps them apart. In a tale like Romeo and Juliette, they're separated by cultural rifts within their family; hers Jewish, and his, East Indian.
Marrying another man, she didn't want, she settled for a lifetime of raising two children, with a husband she didn't love.
Twenty years later in a twist of fate, her daughter, Danielle wants to marry Sanjay, a college sweetheart. The nephew of Devraj, brings fate to the door, reuniting Lia and
Jeannie Zelos
Second Destiny,The older generation broke them apart, the younger generation reunites them, Gloria Silk
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Genre: General fiction (adult) , Romance

I thought this sounded interesting, conflict of religions, conflict of career v relationship, and then Lia's daughter falls in love with Devraj' nephew Sanjay, and its the race/religion issue all over again.

Times change though and Lia's daughter Danielle is determined to stand up for her love. She's the same age as L
Joan Leacott
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book and it's prequel "First and Only Destiny" from the author at a local book signing. Gloria is such a lovely, upbeat person and I love her British accent!

I felt so sorry for the tough choice that Lia Abraham and Devrah Shah had to make when they were young university students; to say goodbye and please their families, or to defy their families for love of each other. One family is Jewish, the other family is Hindu.

A decision is made at the end of the first book, but is it the
Taylor Smith
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't how I was expecting the first book to lead into at all, and I am so happy that the author turned the story around and made it something that was so unpredictable. I loved this book and how Lia and Devraj meet again in life. Lia gave up her life for her family and her culture. She broke Devraj's heart by marrying the guy her family wanted her to be with. Now her daughter is in love with Devraj's nephew and wants to get married. Devraj is very against it because he doesn't want to see ...more
Margaret Watkins
An amazing story of love and second chances across the great divide of cultural and religious differences, this book is heartwarming, well written and deeply emotional. Despite having found the love of her life, Lia chooses instead to follow the dictates of family duty and religious expectations when she marries Howard, a wealthy and somewhat entitled surgeon. After nineteen years of loveless marriage, a looming crisis forces Lia to take stock of her situation and file for divorce. Following rig ...more
Toyenlon
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting and enjoyable read. Lia and Devraj were college sweethearts who were driven apart by family members due to cultural differences. Twenty years later, they met again after Lia decided to divorce her cheating husband and when her daughter and dev's nephew fell in love and decided to get married against all odds.
Lia and Dev rekindled their love, and started seeing each other again. But Lia is so frustrating because she doesn't want to give up her freedom and go all the way wi
Terry Moskowitz
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series.
The first book ended with Lia marrying someone else. This book starts twenty years later. Lia is getting divorced and her daughter is getting engaged. Which brings Devraj back into her life.
This is the story of second chances. It follows through with Lia starting a new job and trying to start life over she doesn't want the distraction of dating and her pride is only going to hurt her.
The twist in this story from the first story was great. I was happy to s
Munira Vahed
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it alot as the story was good and enjoyable. I love bollywood and it was lovely to read a book with indian culture and bollywood as a central part of it.
I didnt like the heroine as she came across as weak and unable to stick to one decision. It felt like she was using the hero. The hero was fantastic and did so much to prove he was what she wanted in a life partner but she refused to see it.
The ending didnt seem as genuine as it could have been.
Some parts i didnt like so the rating lo
Madi
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second in the destiny series and it continues the story of Lia and Devrag, 20 years later they have a second chance at their first love. I loved the first book and I love this one even more because the characters are more mature and dealing with different issues at a later stage in life.
I like the fact that their choices led them to different paths only to circle back to each other and get the chance to do things differently this time around.
I really enjoy the way Gloria silk wr
Linda
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devrah and Lia were sweethearts and met in college. Lia thought Devrah was her soulmate! But, fate turned her in another direction. She married another man had two kids. Devrah and Lia had a lot of cultural and religious differences that made them go their separate ways. And their families were both happier. Now Lia's daughter,Danielle decides she wants to marry Sanjay who she met at the university. Fate turns things around again. Sanjay is Devrah's nephew. Which brings Lia and Devrah face to fa ...more
Rhonda
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compelling second chance at love romance

Gloria Silk did a good job of setting the stage for this love story. Lia and Devraj are madly in love as teenagers. However their different cultures and the elders of their family break them
apart. Fast forward 19 years and they are thrown together again by Daniella and Sanjay a couple in the midst of their own love story. The couple had their share of ups and downs. In the end love triumphed
I received an advance reader copy from NetGalley in exchange for a
Melinda M
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Destiny by Gloria Silk is the second book in Destiny series. It is the story of different cultures, and generational views. Mostly it is a story of second chances. It is wellwritten. It is a quick read. A little different than my normal read but interesting.
I won a copy thru a Goodreads Giveaway.
Reader43
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this story!

First, at last, love is given a second chance. The second book can be read as a stand alone but is also the second in the series. This is a wonderful story. Having spent some time in India a lot of good memories were revisited. Gloria's writing is almost lyrical. For those who love the Indian culture and second chances.
Leslie
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I was a fortunate winner of a copy of this sweet book. If you're looking for a quick read of a lovely romance this is for you. Boy and girl from different cultures meet and their families object so they separate. Life goes on until the universe intervenes. Enjoy the quick read.
Brittany
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I did feel that perhaps Lia was written as too stubborn. I received this book from eBook Discovery. I am voluntarily posting this review. This is my honest review.
Yvonne Finn
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timeless Romantic Love Triumphs
Lia is a loving mother and conscientious wife who’s dedicated to keeping her family together even though her obnoxious husband, cares more about the community opinion than their strong headed daughter’s happiness. Determined to discuss this, Lia witnesses her husband in another woman’s arms.
She’s finally had it with him and his cold, snobbish family members. A divorce is the only way to salvage what’s left of her pride and self-esteem. Lia’s set on reigniting her
Annalei Chuchu
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a great sequel to the first book. Lia ended up caving into her family's wishes and her culture, she married the "right" man that her family wanted her to be with. She lost her one and true love Devraj. It's nineteen years later now and Lia's own teenage daughter is in love with Devraj's nephew. Lia can't believe that her own story is repeating itself again. Devraj is very against the marriage because he doesn't want Lia's daughter to break his nephew's heart in the same way that Lia did ...more
Lisa L
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First destiny was so fantastic that I knew this was going to be another great read. I was impressed with the uplifting cover and that this got such a positive review. Now I'm even more impressed by the amount of wisdom Yvonne Finn shared inside. I didn't even know who Your Relationship Whisperer is, but I recommend this book to anyone who's serious about getting into, or staying in a satisfying and loving them in as much detail as I'd have liked. it said at the end of the book in What's Coming N ...more
Must-have
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book of Lia and Devraj’s story and it was amazing. However, the second book, “Second Destiny” is phenomenal! Not only does Lia and Devraj's forbidden love resurface and is threatened again, but another younger couple close and dear to them both are experiencing similar challenges. Emotions and tension fuel this book, and had me anxiously turning each page, until there were no more to turn! No matter who you are, or your cultural background, I guarantee this book will open your e ...more
Skydanzer
Dec 18, 2016
Angie Fournier
Nov 06, 2017
Gloria Silk
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ren
Feb 16, 2018
Gloria Silk
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake Barayev
Oct 01, 2016
Michelle
Oct 01, 2016
Viviana
Dec 18, 2016
GOOD REVIEWS: Request for Review for 2nd novel Intercultural Romance 1 5 Nov 27, 2014 12:27PM
Fans of Interraci...: NEW RELEASE: SECOND DESTINY 1 26 Nov 24, 2014 01:44PM
  • A Very Wicked Christmas Anthology
  • Starting Over
  • White Wedding for a Southern Belle (Summer Brides #1)
  • The Adventures of Super Bear: The Quest for Pie
  • Not so fast, Mr. Billionaire (The Billionaire, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Royal Rescue (Mirraccino Marriages #1)
  • Tangled Weeds
  • Levy on Love
  • Penthouse Suite
  • Jodie and the Library Card
  • Layla in the Sky with Diamonds
  • A Kiss at Christmas—A Holiday Romance
  • Honour for a Ransom
  • The Little Black Book of Suicide Notes
  • The Bad Boy Cowboy (Morgan Ranch #4)
  • I Was A Bitch
  • Maybe Tomorrow: A Maybe... Novel
  • Crave the Rose
USA Today Bestselling Author, Gloria Silk, writes empowering, sensuous international romance. Her books are filled with intense passion and swoon-worthy happy-ever-afters. The love stories concentrate on the many facets of romantic relationships and strong and complex family bonds.

Her debut novel 'First and Only Destiny' and 'Second Destiny' have been re-released in their second editions.

The long